Official Playstation VR Deals and Discussion Thread

billyrox

CAGiversary!
Feedback
54 (100%)
Just starting a thread for deals for the Playstation VR. 

I picked up the Core bundle off Amazon and I'm looking for a cheap camera and move controllers.

I found that best buy has some cheap playstation 4 cameras on sale for 39.99 with free shipping.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/sony-playstation-camera-for-playstation-4-black/8245153.p?skuId=8245153

If you all know any good deals for move controllers or launch games, let me know.

Until Dawn: Rush of Blood (PS VR) $15.99 via Amazon (Prime Price). https://www.amazon.c...heapassgam08-20

Last edited by a moderator:
If I use trade credit to do pick up in store, does it charge tax? Or would it be like in store where it's tax free?
online is always taxed, but if you haven't bought anything for a while, that changed for a lot of places recently and people are reporting being charged tax when they weren't before in store.

online is always taxed, but if you haven't bought anything for a while, that changed for a lot of places recently and people are reporting being charged tax when they weren't before in store.
Oh dang. Okay. Well I guess if it won't work in either case, pick up in store will be fine saving the extra $25. Thanks for the info!

I took advantage of GameStop deal yesterday. I'm going to be looking out for sales on PSVR2 games now. I'm pretty sure I found a website that lists all games you can buy on disc. I think a lot of them are just digital only. I think right away I really want to get GT7, Star Wars and kayak. For now though, I'm just going to check out whatever psvr1 games I have that are backwards compatible.

I'm hoping the PSN store has a section I can filter with games that have upgrades both free and paid but I highly doubt it.
I am definitely bummed that there are no media features like psvr1 had but hopefully they get added next year. I will just have to keep both headsets hooked up to my PS5.

Even at $125 off I couldn't justify another VR headset, especially since I just got PC>Oculus 2 going.

There are quite a few PSVR 1 upgrades available.
On reddit there is a list kept by u/moogle_kupo with free & paid PSVR 1 upgrades
Free upgrade from psvr1
Paid upgrade fee from PSVR version:

Even at $125 off I couldn't justify another VR headset, especially since I just got PC>Oculus 2 going.

There are quite a few PSVR 1 upgrades available.
On reddit there is a list kept by u/moogle_kupo with free & paid PSVR 1 upgrades

Yeah, I have bookmarked.

I am just hoping the PSN store would be organized enough to help us PSVR2 owners find games and upgrades easily.

I couldn't pass up the $125 off deal, especially with a day one PS4 and Switch to offload. Picked up the only vanilla bundle in the area. No point in "saving" $10 on Horizon after seeing it go down to $40 recently.

Last month I turned my PS4 Pro into a VR1 only console and realized I had accumulated over 100 games for it through all the PSN sales. VR2 is gonna get lite use until I smash through some of this backlog.

Last edited:
Puzzling places is 40% off and a good deal of level packs are on sale also.

Been waiting to pick that one up as it's a nice chill experience in VR2.

I just played it for the first time. Set up took a little longer than I thought it would and the headset was hurting my nose right when I put it on but then it takes you through the adjustments and it was fine after that. Eye tracking setup was cool but I did not like that I needed to turn on the lights. I am used to playing in the dark at night but I guess PSVR2 needs some light for tracking. I have not tested it in the dark. I didn't make the room as bright as I could have and it works fine. I played Kayak and that was really cool but you can't see your arms or body and about after 30 min, there was a part when my oars got stuck and then I started to feel really hot and a tad sweaty so I turned off the system and I am gonna just chill for a little. I saw a sea turtle about to get into the water so I paddled over and was right in front of him and he pushed the kayak forward and swam under! So cool!! My arms were really getting a workout. I will probably play with a fan next time. That game is deeper than I thought it was which is nice. I kept seeing a red circle when I would use my right arm moving the oars. I think it was something off with the tracking maybe. I noticed that if I was looking ahead and up a little, the red circle went away.

I was very aware of the wire and had to adjust it and the wire feels heavier than PSVR1 which makes sense because the headset is way more advanced and there is no pass through box like PSVR1. Headset is a little lighter than PSVR1 and feels a little more comfortable. It's so much nicer to only have to plug in one cord in the front of the system and you're done. The USB included to charge the controllers is a regular USB C and not USB C to USB C like the new PS5 models have so this clearly wasn't made for that in mind which makes sense because it came out in Feb when Sony hadn't even revealed the slim model. Controllers are comfortable but I was so used to the wands that it took a min or 2 to hold them right and adjust to the button layout. Definitely better as expected.

I downloaded the demo for puzzling places so will definitely play that after I get back in my kayak. I might play again later tonight depending on how I feel. Walkabout mini golf is one that I will get once they release the game with all the DLC included. Maybe the same will happen for Puzzling places. Feeling off while Kayaking wasn't too bad but I could start to feel it and you NEVER try to push through when you are in VR.

Last edited:
Walkabout mini golf is one that I will get once they release the game with all the DLC included.

Walkabout already has a complete edition: https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP7438-PPSA12460_00-0689249122367290
The “Whole In One Edition” is the base game +all the dlc that was released at its last update. You do not receive future dlc. That version of the game is regularly replaced by updated versions as dlc is released, but with a higher price to reflect the extra content.
There are already a million courses. My suggestion is to just get the Whole In One Edition and get the future dlc a La carte. If you wait for them to stop making dlc you’ll never get to play the game

Walkabout already has a complete edition: https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP7438-PPSA12460_00-0689249122367290
The “Whole In One Edition” is the base game +all the dlc that was released at its last update. You do not receive future dlc. That version of the game is regularly replaced by updated versions as dlc is released, but with a higher price to reflect the extra content.
There are already a million courses. My suggestion is to just get the Whole In One Edition and get the future dlc a La carte. If you wait for them to stop making dlc you’ll never get to play the game
For some reason I never typed on sale. I know of the whole-in-one addition but I'm waiting for it to go on sale.
Steam code for Star Wars Squadrons is $1.99 in the amazon.
It's a $1.99 on the PlayStation Store too. I had the disc version of it but I must have traded it in or sold it because I don't have it anymore and it was on PS Plus so maybe that's why I got rid of it but it turns out that the friend I was game sharing with had it on his account and he doesn't have PS plus anymore we just go off of mine so I didn't have any access to it but now I do for that cheap of a price.

Thumper was cool on PSVR1; It is phenomenal on PSVR2. The haptics bring it to a new level. Plus the blacks are true black and not washed out like in the last gen version. The colors really pop set against it

Last edited:
GameStop loaded up some refurb PSVR2, not sure how much of a gamble that is, but they are $399.99, $379.99 with Pro.

Oh wow. I've seen them used on OfferUp for $400 so this is an even better deal if you have credit with GameStop. Depending on the associate that took the trade in, it should be in good condition with no scratches Etc. You probably can only get it shipped to you so you are taking a gamble in that respect but it can be a very good deal if it's all in working condition.

I’ve been debating building a pc for the first time ever. I’ve never had one that was very gaming capable. Was considering getting a Quest 3 at some point to use on it if I ever did so that I could get in on all those flat game VR mods. I’ll gladly just stick with my PSVR2 if they get it working.

No chance of a price drop now if they open it up to PC where they will make nothing on the software. Unless they intend to port Horizon and GT.

Wait for a bundle...or holiday deal. Sony did that with the first PSVR. The major blow to the system was it didn't work on PC and it can't play PSVR tittles...the lack of backwards compatibility is dumb. That's a software patch.
Yes, ultimately it’s a “software patch” but let’s also recognize it does take time and money to translate the previous move controller inputs of the Psvr1 into the new controller hardware of the psvr2. So it’s not nothing…

Posting this before people start chanting, "Death to all things Sony" in here.

This makes sense, as it was destined to fail. What's not known is if this is to redeploy an iteration of PSVR2 that is multi-platform. If so, I think they'd see more success. However, they burn bridges with early adopters and well--Sony has done nothing but fuck up this generation so it's par for the course.

Yes, ultimately it’s a “software patch” but let’s also recognize it does take time and money to translate the previous move controller inputs of the Psvr1 into the new controller hardware of the psvr2. So it’s not nothing…
That’s silly Sony fan boy logic. PC VR games support tones of different headsets and tracking methods. Sony delivered a product that launched 6 feet under. No one is buying it or wants it.

That’s silly Sony fan boy logic. PC VR games support tones of different headsets and tracking methods. Sony delivered a product that launched 6 feet under. No one is buying it or wants it.
I have read some developers comments regarding no backwards compatibility with PSVR2 and the guys over at psvr2without parole YouTube channel have discussed it also. The general consensus is that Sony could have made it backwards compatible but it just didn't want to for cost reasons because of the move controllers Light Tracking and how the move controllers were already old tech. There are psvr one games that have gotten PS VR2 upgrades but not nearly enough for sure. Sony left it up to each developer to make their psvr1 games compatible with psvr2. It was a dumb decision but all of these major companies make dumb decisions. No BC is a major deal for me because I have psvr one.

Regarding your statement that no one is buying it or wants it is just flat out wrong. Last sales figure I checked had it at 1.3 million. I have no idea if that is accurate or not but even if it's a couple hundred thousand off, that's still 1 million people in the first year that have bought it. So clearly, people are interested. Your post also shows your ignorance because clearly you do not own it so you don't know how awesome it is.

Tell me you know nothing about software development without telling me you know nothing about software development.

Tracking is not the problem, never said it was.

You guys do know that bloomberg reporter, Takashi Mochizuki, has reported a lot of incorrect information and inaccurate video games news stories before? So bad that he had to retract many of his reporting. This is the same reporter that said there's a Nintendo Switch 4K LED coming since 2018 and even went so far to say dev kits got sent out to developers. It got so bad that Nintendo even have to issue an official statement.

Last edited:
Tell me you know nothing about software development without telling me you know nothing about software development.

Tracking is not the problem, never said it was.
lol like you know anything about making video games…you took probably once computer science course and are an expert to only one person…yourself.

I have read some developers comments regarding no backwards compatibility with PSVR2 and the guys over at psvr2without parole YouTube channel have discussed it also. The general consensus is that Sony could have made it backwards compatible but it just didn't want to for cost reasons because of the move controllers Light Tracking and how the move controllers were already old tech. There are psvr one games that have gotten PS VR2 upgrades but not nearly enough for sure. Sony left it up to each developer to make their psvr1 games compatible with psvr2. It was a dumb decision but all of these major companies make dumb decisions. No BC is a major deal for me because I have psvr one.

Regarding your statement that no one is buying it or wants it is just flat out wrong. Last sales figure I checked had it at 1.3 million. I have no idea if that is accurate or not but even if it's a couple hundred thousand off, that's still 1 million people in the first year that have bought it. So clearly, people are interested. Your post also shows your ignorance because clearly you do not own it so you don't know how awesome it is.
I own a ps5 and a psvr 1. I wouldn’t even consider buying a vr2 till it has a significant price drop as it lacks backwards compatibility. This was an unacceptable decision especially with lack of software and dropped support. Sony also shuttered their largest vr studio.

Also, no one is buying the damn thing. I expect an immediate price drop soon.

Love my PSVR2. Tons of quality games in the library and it’s only been a year. Has some really banger exclusives plus many of the multi platform games are the definitive versions. I’ve been getting around the issue of backwards compatibility by still owning my PSVR1

Currently juggling RE4 REmake and Red Matter 2 as my main games.

lol like you know anything about making video games…you took probably once computer science course and are an expert to only one person…yourself.
You really only hear what you want to, eh? You’re right, I know nothing about making video games but I never said I did. But I do know something about software development which IS what I said.
Just take the L and move on lol

I really wanted one however I can't justify the price point and don't know how often I really would use it...similar to my Steam Deck, Portal, and Evercade...what can I say? I like shiny new things :LOL:

You really only hear what you want to, eh? You’re right, I know nothing about making video games but I never said I did. But I do know something about software development which IS what I said.
Just take the L and move on lol
Nah you took the L and made up a bunch of nonsense so you could come off like a know it all fan boy. 🤣😂 You’re upset I poked wholes in your logic…well really not at logic just your unfactual opinion.

You automatically lose an argument when you don't know the difference between whole/hole and say something like unfactual instead of incorrect or inaccurate. Jesus Christ.

You automatically lose an argument when you don't know the difference between whole/hole and say something like unfactual instead of incorrect or inaccurate. Jesus Christ.
You automatically lose an argument using the lord’s name in vain. Clearly that’s my phones auto correct jabronie.

You still lost the argument and admitted I’m right. You don’t know shat about making games but acted like it was a matter of fact.
I honestly don’t know why I continue to respond but I’ll blame myself.

Anyway, I did not admit “you’re right” in a factual sense, I was poking fun at the fact that you keep putting words in my mouth. I was talking about general software development, not game development specifically. Software patches take development time and testing time. You can debate whether Sony should make the investment or not but my point was that it is not free or automatic for Sony.

I honestly don’t know why I continue to respond but I’ll blame myself.

Anyway, I did not admit “you’re right” in a factual sense, I was poking fun at the fact that you keep putting words in my mouth. I was talking about general software development, not game development specifically. Software patches take development time and testing time. You can debate whether Sony should make the investment or not but my point was that it is not free or automatic for Sony.
I get it you’re being a crybaby because you’re butt hurt 🤣😂🐝🕳️

Well then, I guess I should take this as there's nothing worth new worth talking about as far as deals for PSVR2 go.

bread's done
Back