Official Playstation VR Deals and Discussion Thread

billyrox

CAGiversary!
Feedback
54 (100%)
Just starting a thread for deals for the Playstation VR. 

I picked up the Core bundle off Amazon and I'm looking for a cheap camera and move controllers.

I found that best buy has some cheap playstation 4 cameras on sale for 39.99 with free shipping.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/sony-playstation-camera-for-playstation-4-black/8245153.p?skuId=8245153

If you all know any good deals for move controllers or launch games, let me know.

Until Dawn: Rush of Blood (PS VR) $15.99 via Amazon (Prime Price). https://www.amazon.c...heapassgam08-20

Last edited by a moderator:
Apparently I bought Red Matter in a sale long ago and never got around to playing it. It’s a shame I didn’t play it back then. I’ve been spoiled by the amazing tracking on PSVR2. It was hard enough to put up with it when that was all I had, but even worse now that I’ve experienced better. That being said, it was a good game. I’d play it again if it rereleases on PSVR2 and definitely looking forward to picking up Red Matter 2 the first time it goes on sale

I don't think Nintendo would regret Wii at all. Great sales, and they've ported titles to Switch like Mario Galaxy, Skyward Sword, and Kirby's Return to Dream Land. Plenty of 3rd party titles have been ported too.
Okay, maybe not so much the Wii but look at all the resources the other two used chasing it's success. What is Sony remastering for the PS+ game catalog? Stuff like Twisted Metal for PS1 and Syphon Filter for PSP not PS Move games or even Uncharted for Vita which would require too much reworking to port. On the Microsoft side you have studios like Rare who only had Kinect Sports games to their name for the 10 years between Banjo 3 and Sea of Thieves.

He didn't say Nintendo regretted the Wii, holy shit your reading comprehension is horrible.
He said Nintendo probably regrets “wasting" so many resources on very hardware specific games. Wii sports is a hardware specific game and that game alone propelled the Wii to be one of the most successful consoles of all time. In the mainstream Wii sports is synonymous with the Wii. So yeah, the suggestion is that Nintendo regretted the Wii.

Okay, maybe not so much the Wii but look at all the resources the other two used chasing it's success. What is Sony remastering for the PS+ game catalog? Stuff like Twisted Metal for PS1 and Syphon Filter for PSP not PS Move games or even Uncharted for Vita which would require too much reworking to port. On the Microsoft side you have studios like Rare who only had Kinect Sports games to their name for the 10 years between Banjo 3 and Sea of Thieves.
Agree with you on the others. That's why I only mentioned Nintendo, who was able to solve the Wii controller aspects of their titles when porting to Switch.

Cave Digger was supposed to have a free upgrade. I purchased it on sale in Jan ‘22 but don’t see the option to get upgraded for free. Not sure what’s up with that. PlayStation really doesn’t seem to want you to contact them. Any customer support or contact us link I click on takes me to a chat bot that doesn’t get me anywhere

Cave Digger was supposed to have a free upgrade. I purchased it on sale in Jan ‘22 but don’t see the option to get upgraded for free. Not sure what’s up with that. PlayStation really doesn’t seem to want you to contact them. Any customer support or contact us link I click on takes me to a chat bot that doesn’t get me anywhere
Here is a reddit post they made:

Howdy miners and minettes!

Title says it all couldn't be more right in this case!

We have released Cave Digger 1 in PSVR2, and those who own PSVR1 version will get a free upgrade to PSVR2!

You might have already noticed the free upgrade in your library.

That's right rookies. Now you can enjoy digging in the caves, solving mysteries, and eating mushrooms in the next-gen console.

We also have a sale going on right now, so be sure to grab it while you can!

Have fun and don't blow yourself out!

Also, visit our discord! We have community events and giveaways every month with prizes
discord.gg/cavedigger

Maybe contact them directly.

He said Nintendo probably regrets “wasting" so many resources on very hardware specific games. Wii sports is a hardware specific game and that game alone propelled the Wii to be one of the most successful consoles of all time. In the mainstream Wii sports is synonymous with the Wii. So yeah, the suggestion is that Nintendo regretted the Wii.
Wii being a major success isn't the point. How many "waggle" games do you see being ported to the Switch despite it having motion controls?

Here is a reddit post they made:
So this helped me indirectly. When I went on Reddit to find the post you had quoted I noticed other threads talking about a flat screen version. After a little bit of reading it became clear that their naming scheme for the game is on the level of how Microsoft names their consoles. So the short of it is that I had accidentally bought the flat screen game, which isn’t qualified for an upgrade. I never noticed because it was at the bottom of a huge backlog. Oh well.

So this helped me indirectly. When I went on Reddit to find the post you had quoted I noticed other threads talking about a flat screen version. After a little bit of reading it became clear that their naming scheme for the game is on the level of how Microsoft names their consoles. So the short of it is that I had accidentally bought the flat screen game, which isn’t qualified for an upgrade. I never noticed because it was at the bottom of a huge backlog. Oh well.
At least you know now. I bought like $200 worth of Totino's pizza rolls during a promotion to get a enough points for like a $70 PSN card but when I went to redeem it, I found out that the points expired 3 days prior. No warning or anything. I called customer support but 3 weeks later, they told me they can't give the points back because the promotion stated they expire 3 months after redeeming so I lost out and bought all those Totino's for nothing. I had no idea they would expire because I failed to read all the stuff at the bottom. I mean, they taste okay but I only bought so many of them because of the promotion. At least your purchase wasn't anything close to $200 and didn't clog up your freezer.

At least you know now. I bought like $200 worth of Totino's pizza rolls during a promotion to get a enough points for like a $70 PSN card but when I went to redeem it, I found out that the points expired 3 days prior. No warning or anything. I called customer support but 3 weeks later, they told me they can't give the points back because the promotion stated they expire 3 months after redeeming so I lost out and bought all those Totino's for nothing. I had no idea they would expire because I failed to read all the stuff at the bottom. I mean, they taste okay but I only bought so many of them because of the promotion. At least your purchase wasn't anything close to $200 and didn't clog up your freezer.
My question is going to come off as if I'm being an ass, which genuinely isn't my intent, but I'm going to apologize in advance anyway.

Why did you spend $200 in an attempt to get $70? Was there something else involved in the promotion that made that worthwhile?

Took me 13 days to get my last refund from Sony. 13 days of waiting for them to respond to me and about 5 minutes after the that.

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP5238-PPSA11406_00-COMPLETEMUSICSW3

The complete music pack dlc for Synth Riders is on sale for $60 (25% off). After buying the game on sale for $15 and loving it, I was disappointed that I didn’t buy the game + dlc pack that was on sale at the same time. Since then the game + dlc has gone on sale a couple times for less than just the dlc pack, which was super irritating. But now the dlc is on sale for $60 and I paid $15 for the game, so I’m in for the same $75 total that I could have got it for to begin with. I’m happy now

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/category/1e8e931e-b57d-4ad9-a4b7-47fcd1510c4d/1?PSVR2=productVrCompatibility

Decent sale for PSVR2 just started. I’ll be picking up Runner, Red Matter 2 and Walkabout: whole in one bundle.

I had quite a few games to play at launch, counting preorders, pre purchases like RE8, and upgrades from PSVR1. After those games, I told myself I wouldn’t buy anything on my wishlist until it got a sale. Any amount off would do. After today, I have so much to play I think I’m going to have to set my new purchase threshold to minimum 50% off. Just started Star Wars that I picked up in the last sales

I am really glad I didn't buy one at launch and fought the FOMO.  It's been half of a year and they still have yet to announce anything that most would consider a "must buy" game.  Still the only games I'd really want to play are RE8, which I've already beat in flat mode at launch, and Moss 2, which if I really wanted to play, I could play it right now on PSVR1.  Other than that, it's just a little bit of curiosity about some games.  But the main problem is, after that short list of curious games, there is nothing on the horizon that is of any interest.

Cool story about not having fun

Looking at getting Nock and Last Clockwinder in the sale. Galaxy Kart is getting wheel support and other work so it might be worth getting eventually.

Cool story about not having fun

Looking at getting Nock and Last Clockwinder in the sale. Galaxy Kart is getting wheel support and other work so it might be worth getting eventually.
Last Clockwinder is really cool. It can be quite challenging if trying to hit all the output goals, but not too hard if just solving the puzzles’ minimum requirements. Requires both mental puzzle solving as well as real life reflexes and timing. Im not quite done, but almost, and It’s also had a good narrative and voice acting.

The only thing that’s been holding me back from Demeo is the lack of friends to play it with. This new sale price might be low enough to get me to bite on it anyway. If someone is in a similar situation, feel free to friend me on PSN or PM me here. DogsEatCats

Came my way via aggregator, but Star Wars has an official price drop to 40. Makes my $20 buy price more likely for the holidays.

https://www.laughingplace.com/w/news/2023/08/31/ilm-immersive-tales-from-the-galaxys-edge/

ILM Immersive, Lucasfilm’s award-winning storytelling studio, today announced new retail pricing for Star Wars: Tales from the Galaxy’s Edge – Enhanced Edition on PlayStation VR2 (PS VR2). Recently released on February 22, 2023 as a PS VR2 launch title, fans are now able to purchase the experience for $39.99 digitally on PlayStation Store

Synth Riders + complete dlc is back on sale. $75 or $70 with plus. It’s a lot of money up front, but it’s super worth it. There are some tracks (or complete packs) that I would have skipped if buying individually, but wound up being glad that I had them. Even some bands I really don’t like—like Muse—wound up being fun to play, especially the “experiences”

Synth Riders is still my favorite VR game. A couple of weeks ago they had a couple music packs on sale with Plus, only $2 off though, but not all of them. I still need to get four packs, so hopefully they go on sale.

I am new to VR - is Synth Riders still good on the original PSVR and is it playable on PS5? I requested the camera adapter from Sony earlier this week and thought it would have shipped by now, but still no email notification.

Any other recommendations from this sale? I bought Ghost Giant and want to buy Arizona Sunshine, but I know the Complete Edition goes for only .40 more when it's on sale.

I am new to VR - is Synth Riders still good on the original PSVR and is it playable on PS5? I requested the camera adapter from Sony earlier this week and thought it would have shipped by now, but still no email notification.
I love Synth Riders on the original PSVR. It's playable that way on PS5, or, I think, there's still a free upgrade to the PSVR2 version for use with PSVR2. The PSVR1 version cannot be used with PSVR2.

Is there a website that has EVERY PSVR1 BC game for PSVR2? Any place that has ALL confirmed new release or rumored BC games??
And that's my understanding of this. Technically, all PSVR1 games are backwards compatible on PS5, but only if using a PSVR1. To use a PSVR1 game on PSVR2, the PSVR2 version needs to be used. I don't know of a list. It got really complicated, because each developer/publisher was doing their own thing; some allowed free upgrades, others charged a little. I don't there was either for the Moss games, and they needed to be repurchased outright.

I love Synth Riders on the original PSVR. It's playable that way on PS5, or, I think, there's still a free upgrade to the PSVR2 version for use with PSVR2. The PSVR1 version cannot be used with PSVR2.

And that's my understanding of this. Technically, all PSVR1 games are backwards compatible on PS5, but only if using a PSVR1. To use a PSVR1 game on PSVR2, the PSVR2 version needs to be used. I don't know of a list. It got really complicated, because each developer/publisher was doing their own thing; some allowed free upgrades, others charged a little. I don't there was either for the Moss games, and they needed to be repurchased outright.
I meant PSVR1 games that work on PSVR2. Sony made it all difficult for whatever reason so now I am hoping to find updated BC games or games that will be soon. Still so lame they didn't have a better road map for PSVR1 games. Just telling people to keep both headsets hooked up always makes zero sense.

Tried some Red Matter 1 last night in the VR2 headset. VERY nice! I played the game for the first time on VR1 not long ago and thought it looked fairly nice, but definitely last gen. I don’t know what it was like for them to port it over, but it looks like it’s been completely rebuilt. I cannot overstate how much better it looks. Plus they added amazing hand and head haptics. Not bad for the low, low price of free (to upgrade)

Some people get grossed out at the thought of used accessories like controllers, headphones, VR headsets, etc. If you aren’t one of those types of people I don’t see any other reason to avoid a used set.

Edit: especially from eBay where they are so customer focused with support. You’ve got some ridiculous amount of time to file a claim. It was 6 months. Not sure if it’s still that long or not

My boys are home for off-season so we dug out old force gt wheels and PSVR for F1 23 and GT7, wow what a blast, picked up batman vr and a few others, forgot how fun this stuff was.

Development for Synth Riders on PSVR1 has ended. That means it won't get any new updates or DLC. If you own the game, the PSVR2 version is free and includes multiplayer.

I bought a PS5 slim and some strange things are happening with the PSVR. First, I go to use my Dualshock 4 controller since I wanted to play the Persistence(I since found out you can use the dualsense) and it's not turning on. I used it about a month ago with a VR game so I assumed it needed to be charged. Well, I plug it on and the orange light comes on for a second and that's it. Doesn't blink orange like it does when it's charging so that usually means it's fully charged so I try to turn it on again. Nothing. I rarely use this controller and it looks brand new so I am not sure why it's not working. I turn on the new PS5 and connect it with USB. Nothing. I try to see if I can pair it with blutooth by holding and share button and PS button down and nothing. No lights at all. The controller won't turn on.

I google it and the main thing I was told to do is reset it. So I do that and the orange light comes on again for a second and then nothing. The controller still won't turn on or charge. I try some other steps reddit threads and videos tell me to do but nothing works. I have reset the controller 5 times but the orange light only came on the first time. So now the most posts I see say the controller battery likely needs to be replaced or the charging port broke. I look at it and again, this controller looks brand new and I rarely have used it. Anyway, looks like I need to open it up and if I can't figure it out, buy a new one. I had to laugh at it just breaking for no reason.

So I set up the PSVR(I have the second version) and things aren't connecting and TV screen keeps going in and out and long story short, I finally get to the set up page but then I get a notification that the sound is not working properly and it will default to TV sound only. I have no idea what is going on but it's getting sound from the right ear but left ear is silent. So I try some sound settings but that's not working. Now I use a USB hub instead of taking up both ports on the back. I decided to stop using the hub and just plug both in. When I do that, no sound at all from the built in headphones. I plug the hub back in and same thing, only sound from the right. So I make sure both USB ports are working and they are so I try again to use both USB ports and this time, right ear has sound but the left is still silent. The sound was working fine with my launch PS5 so either Sony changed something or my headset sound just broke on me at the same time I get a new PS5. Reddit is telling me I need to open it up and mess with some little thing. I have tried moving around the cable but that does nothing. Very strange my DS4 and headset sound aren't working properly with the new slim.

Anyway, if you have suggestions, I am open to them. I have a friend with a PS4 and I could take the PSVR over there and test it out on her system to see if the sound also doesn't work on the PS4. If it does, then my Slim is the problem which would suck.

Other than the quick Dell $100 off, no PSVR2 deals this holiday. Either it's because the system came out in Feb or Sony has already forgotten about it. I was expecting at least a free game with the standard or an extra game with the COTM bundle. Oh well.

I see that there are a lot of Puzzling Places levels for sale, but not the main game. Been wanting to grab that one as a chill experience type thing, but guess I'll be waiting a bit longer.

Reactions: Goj
Still waiting for that $100 deal to show up at a store where I have gift cards (Target) or trade credit (GameStop).

Where did you find out this info?
omg GIF by O&O, Inc

bread's done
Back