Official Playstation VR Deals and Discussion Thread

billyrox

CAGiversary!
Feedback
54 (100%)
Just starting a thread for deals for the Playstation VR. 

I picked up the Core bundle off Amazon and I'm looking for a cheap camera and move controllers.

I found that best buy has some cheap playstation 4 cameras on sale for 39.99 with free shipping.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/sony-playstation-camera-for-playstation-4-black/8245153.p?skuId=8245153

If you all know any good deals for move controllers or launch games, let me know.

Until Dawn: Rush of Blood (PS VR) $15.99 via Amazon (Prime Price). https://www.amazon.c...heapassgam08-20

Last edited by a moderator:
Are there any coupons that take x% a PSVR Bundle? Will most likely get the Skyrim Bundle tomorrow no matter what, but I'm always all for bundles

Any tips for playing re 7. I just loaded up an old save, went in a room got close to a steel door and was very sick from it. I am on old ps4, but bought a pro I havent hooked up yet.

Very depressing but i always get motion sick on planes etc, but I got the skyrim bundle and wa ted to play re7 in vr the most. I even got sick playing the demo of moss.

I really dont want to return but dont want to miss my 45 day window. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Any tips for playing re 7. I just loaded up an old save, went in a room got close to a steel door and was very sick from it. I am on old ps4, but bought a pro I havent hooked up yet.

Very depressing but i always get motion sick on planes etc, but I got the skyrim bundle and wa ted to play re7 in vr the most. I even got sick playing the demo of moss.

I really dont want to return but dont want to miss my 45 day window. Any advice is greatly appreciated.
Pushing yourself is the worst thing you could do, so don't do it. RE7 should have a variety of options for turning, so you might have to experiment with them to see if one works better for you. It might also be better to play some stationary games (as in no moving a character) first to get acclimated to VR before going for full locomotion games.

Thanks. I haven't pushed myself. I had it for about a week. I stop when I start feeling bad, but I literally just walked up to a door in re7 and my stomach dropped. I never even saw an enemy. I will try out some other settings on it.

I sort of remember getting a headache when i first got 3ds too, but maybe i am not remembering that correctly.

Is moss stationary? I played it and it made me feel bad last night. I did play rush of blood before though.

Thanks again.

Since you already get motion sickness, do you have any anti-nausea medication? You might try acclimating yourself with that until you get your VR legs. Also, start with some simpler titles since RE7 is kind of like a master class in VR. It seems like a lot of the older titles had that in mind with mostly static gameplay (like VR Worlds and Batman). If you can stomach Rush of Blood, play through that one first since it's good for training in motion.

I think Moss is mostly stationary; you can rotate the action, as I recall. Have you tried calibrating the eye-to-eye distance in settings? If you're not seeing everything (mostly) clearly, that will make you more susceptible to feeling ill.

Try the Ocean Descent or London Heist on VR worlds.  Those are stationary in the sense you don't have, especially Ocean Worlds.

Moss is pretty stationary as it's like you are looking into a diorama.  Did you try it after feeling bad on RE7?

RE7 gave me some nausea feelings the very first time I played it.  I got used to it though so just take your time.  I'm not sure what the turning method is set for on your game since you are starting midway through the game, but for me it was segmented turning.  I tried the smooth turning but did not like it so I stuck with the segmented turning.

That's funny you say Rush of Blood and felt fine.  That is the game that has gotten me the most, but it was only during the faster roller coaster scenes.  I haven't played that game past level 1 or 2 yet.

And if you aren't, I'd recommend (for now at least) playing everything sitting down.  RE7 I played sitting down the whole time but I think that game is meant to be played sitting.  

Finally bought Superhot VR last night. I've had Superhot forever on my Xbox One and really enjoyed it, but wow playing in VR is amazing! I was so into playing last night that I ended up punching my TV! Thankfully I didn't damage it though!

Thanks. I haven't pushed myself. I had it for about a week. I stop when I start feeling bad, but I literally just walked up to a door in re7 and my stomach dropped. I never even saw an enemy. I will try out some other settings on it.

I sort of remember getting a headache when i first got 3ds too, but maybe i am not remembering that correctly.

Is moss stationary? I played it and it made me feel bad last night. I did play rush of blood before though.

Thanks again.
When you played Moss and felt sick, were you playing anything else before that which may have contributed to it? I have had a rough time myself with motion sickness but have found a few things are pretty key to getting used to it.

• Stop and take a long break if start to feel sick. I have tied to play something else less jarring but at that point, it's just too late. Anything else just makes me feel worse. I need to step away for a few hours, or just come back the next day.
  • Stay away from games where you are walking around for a while. RE7 has parts where I am ok, but if I turn the wrong way and get to close to something, then I feel instantly sick. Rush for Blood I found to be pretty good for getting me used to motion. It still made me feel sick, but because of the speed of the cart on the tracks, it was a pretty good training wheel game for me and I can play full levels now without stopping in the middle.
  • Don't play when you are tired and limit your play time regardless of how you are feeling.
  • Have some ginger ale nearby to drink while playing.
I picked up the PSVR last November and have been playing it quite a bit. I still feel sick playing games with a lot of motion, but if I make sure I limit my playtime, then I can play things like RE7 in short bursts. Thankfully there are a lot of games I can play now with no problem, and truthfully, I like those games better anyway.

I played rush of blood standing up before moss demo. I finishex the training part and the first level. I was ok for the most part. Tried some other stuff like hulu videos and the playroom robot rescue.

Re7 was fine for me for about 5 min, i never left a room and hall area. When I got close to a door I instantly had to stop.

I never changed settings but it was on segmented turning. I will mess with the settings but I guess I am gunshy of it now.

Glad to hear others have adjusted. I got it at bb in case i needed to return it, which sucks considering tbe dell deal.

Anyone think a pro helps with motion sickness?

PSVR is down to $150 at some walmarts. I'm guessing this is the V1. Question for you guys is it worth it for the extra $ to get V2 what are the differences? I have a ps4 pro.

This is the first time I'm seriously considering getting a psvr lol

I started RE7 in VR mode yesterday. Pretty damn cool so far. I was using my computer chair and kind of turning based on direction. When I was done I was all the way turned around. The only problem I had was at the first boss after cutscenes I was out of position and had to adjust a bit to see her. Is that just how it is or do I have something set up wrong?

PSVR is down to $150 at some walmarts. I'm guessing this is the V1. Question for you guys is it worth it for the extra $ to get V2 what are the differences? I have a ps4 pro.

This is the first time I'm seriously considering getting a psvr lol
I have the v1. It can sometimes be annoying when you want to play a non-VR HDR game like Uncharted Lost Legacy, because you'd have to swap out the HDMI cables to turn HDR on. Since most games don't even support HDR to begin with though, you can just leave your v1 PSVR plugged in with no issue most of the time. Since I like to play one game at a time from start to finish, what I have been doing is saving up a batch of backlogged HDR games to play consecutively to minimize transitions since I'm lazy. If you've ever had to alter which game you were playing on a given day because of a big patch download, it's basically that similar level of inconvenience.

The cables are also thinner/lighter on the v2 and there are some small cosmetic changes to locations of buttons/ports. I would say the cost savings of the v1 were well worth the minor inconvenience to me, since game performance is the same. Make sure to factor in the cost of the camera and Move controllers when making your decision.

I played rush of blood standing up before moss demo. I finishex the training part and the first level. I was ok for the most part. Tried some other stuff like hulu videos and the playroom robot rescue.
Re7 was fine for me for about 5 min, i never left a room and hall area. When I got close to a door I instantly had to stop.
I never changed settings but it was on segmented turning. I will mess with the settings but I guess I am gunshy of it now.
Glad to hear others have adjusted. I got it at bb in case i needed to return it, which sucks considering tbe dell deal.
Anyone think a pro helps with motion sickness?
Just my own experience, but I haven't had any motion sickness at all since switching to the Pro. I hadn't even thought about it in that context, but I used to struggle with motion sickness pretty intensely with PSVR, pushing myself to play 5 more minutes of Time Machine to finish the plat actually made me throw up (stupid I know). Since I have switched to the Pro I have played Skyrim for 2-3 hours at a time and felt fine afterwards. Don't know if anyone else has had the same experience, but the small but noticeable difference the Pro makes for VR may improve things enough visually to cut down on the sickness.
Also, would just like to point out that Arizona Sunshine with the Aim controler is a lot of fun. Very satisfying to head shot zombies before they even realize you are there. This is my first game with the Aim and it really adds to the VR experience. I am planning on trying Special Delivery with it before moving to Farpoint. Real weird Special Delivery uses it, but so few games are compatible that I have to try.

About spending strategies. I spent around $60 during the anniversary sale, and around $40, on VR games, during the holiday sale. I'll probably spend $50 or $60 during this sale. Another round of sales is bound to happen, so I don't need to get everything now. Most of the games I'm getting in this sale are ones that didn't make the cut in the previous sales.

So is my only option for purchasing a VR right now paying $200 for the old standalone headset or $300 for the new models that come with the camera as well? I already have the camera so I'm hoping to avoid paying extra for it. But I don't see any sets without it

Got the v1 GT bundle over the holidays.  This sale is going to hurt.  Probably a lot.  It's almost like feeding a new system.  Amazingly, nobody in the family has gotten motion sick yet.  Fingers crossed.

Dirty Rally VR bundle seems like the cheapest it has ever been at $17.49 for the bundle or $6.49 for the VR add-on if you already have the disc.  But that physical release seems to be hard to find at a good price, so bundle may be the best option right now.  Also includes the 3 $2 car packs, which the separate VR add-on does not.

I'm glad that I held on to the 20% off code that came with my console, but now my issue is the cart limit. The PSN store in browser cart seems to max out at 10 items. I want to use my 20% off on more than 10 games. Does anyone know if there is a way around the limit?

I'm pretty sure the cart maxes out at 10 for that very reason. They don't want people to buy too many things with those coupons.

Do you have 2 move controllers? If you are looking at the DOOM one, I'd say pay the extra 50 and get the 2 move controllers. It's worth it.
A long time ago when Ps3 eye was a thing. I regrettably don't have them anymore. The doom bundle only comes with the camera and is 300$ I thought?

A long time ago when Ps3 eye was a thing. I regrettably don't have them anymore. The doom bundle only comes with the camera and is 300$ I thought?
He was referencing the Skyrim bundle at $349 over the DOOM bundle. It's $50 extra but you get a game that's valued at twice DOOMs price, and two move controllers. If you bought the move used from GS it's like $40 pre discount a piece. Otherwise $100 new.

I started RE7 in VR mode yesterday. Pretty damn cool so far. I was using my computer chair and kind of turning based on direction. When I was done I was all the way turned around. The only problem I had was at the first boss after cutscenes I was out of position and had to adjust a bit to see her. Is that just how it is or do I have something set up wrong?
Whenever I'm playing a game and things look off, I just hold down the Options for a few seconds to re-center myself. I do this so often that it's become second-nature to me and doesn't take me out of the experience at all. Also, while you're spinning around, make sure you don't accidentally garrote yourself with the VR cable. That would make for an awkward...

giphy.gif

...headline.

I'm pretty sure the cart maxes out at 10 for that very reason. They don't want people to buy too many things with those coupons.
It's funny, I've probably saved myself so much money because of that stupid rule. I impose limits on myself based on their limit.

It looks like Newegg eBay is still selling them at $250. But yeah, it doesn't come with Move controllers, which is a shame.

Wanted to go HAM last night in my first time with VR but after 40 minutes I needed an hour to be able to handle it again. Then X-wing because I knew I could handle 20 minutes, then Alumette for something tame before bed. Tonight it’s less shifty stuff like Arkham and Statik.

If you put your PS4 to sleep, how do you wake up the box the VR plugs into? Like I don’t leave my headset plugged in, and if I put my PS4 in rest mode and wake it up there’s no picture because that box still has a red ligh.

Picked up Skyrim Bundle today. The headset feels very comfortable. I plugged the Move controllers in to charge then went to work and took a nap afterwards. Came home to find that you need to plug the Move controllers into the PS4 or they will not charge :(

I use the one USB cable that came with my PS4 to charge my DS4, two Move controllers and Aim. It's a real pain in the ass.

Wanted to go HAM last night in my first time with VR but after 40 minutes I needed an hour to be able to handle it again. Then X-wing because I knew I could handle 20 minutes, then Alumette for something tame before bed. Tonight it’s less shifty stuff like Arkham and Statik.

If you put your PS4 to sleep, how do you wake up the box the VR plugs into? Like I don’t leave my headset plugged in, and if I put my PS4 in rest mode and wake it up there’s no picture because that box still has a red ligh.
It automatically wakes up with the PS4. Unless you have something downloading in the background for some reason. Gotta wait for that to finish.

Paranormal Activity is scary as hell, much more so than RE7 IMO (tho RE7 is a much better game). PA is a good game but a little short. The 3dvr is really nice but the controls are hot garbage.

My friends and I were laughing as we played the tutorial because the controls kept getting more and more unnecessarily complicated. We started to think the tutorial was some kind of psychological joke and the game was messing with us. We thought it might be like that old classic Maze scare game, in that you are so focused on following the absurd tutorial controls that you would be totally freaked out when something suddenly appears on screen and scares you. Would have been cool if that were the case...

So I have been monitoring the Brickseek Robinson: The Journey Walmart inventory page for several weeks now. Previously it held strong at 5 copies, though none could be found at my location (I checked there multiple times). Today I refreshed the page and it said there were only 2 left! What the fuck? I called there immediately and asked if they had one; they said they could hold it for me for about an hour. I rushed over and purchased.

giphy.gif

It'll be strange to finally close that tab on my life. Anyway, heads up to other journey seekers to resume your search.

Now for Job Simulator...

You can charge them outside of the PS4, base station etc.
the usb charge from a computer etc won’t work.

I do remember that you can charge on a pc with a specific cable... when they first came out on PS3 there was a way.
Just get a base station, easier.

I'm pretty sure I know the answer to this, but if Gamestop's new price is cheaper than their used price, will they sell you a used copy at the new price if you talk to them about it and explain it simply doesn't make any sense?

I'm pretty sure I know the answer to this, but if Gamestop's new price is cheaper than their used price, will they sell you a used copy at the new price if you talk to them about it and explain it simply doesn't make any sense?
Logic doesn't exist with retailers. I once asked the cute nerdy girl behind the counter point-blank why that is (in regards to Robinson and Job Simulator), and she replied directly, "because it's hard to find." They know they've got us by the balls.

Logic doesn't exist with retailers. I once asked the cute nerdy girl behind the conter point-blank why that is (in regards to Robinson and Job Simulator), and she replied directly, "because it's hard to find." They know they've got us by the balls.
LOL that's pretty funny, especially considering there was a place near me that had Job SImulator listed as new and I requested pickup from website like 3x and it said they couldn't find it, then the 4th time it said come pick it up. So I called them to be sure and the guy said he couldn't find it in the store and kept clicking "no" but it was messing up or something. He then said "I can check other stores inventory for you" so he clearly had no clue how rare it was.

But the reason I asked is because Job Simulator used showed up close by. Not paying $30 for it though.

But the reason I asked is because Job Simulator used showed up close by. Not paying $30 for it though.
Yeah, I've got 1 used showing up 30+ miles away. If it were sealed, I might consider trekking that far, but there's no telling how beat up a used copy will be. I'm still holding out faint hope that DeepDiscount will come through for us, but if not, I'll just buy digital next time it goes on sale.

Job Simulator at Gamestop.

Bet you they converted all new to used... 

Next time it's on sale on PSN i'll just buy it, been checking GS every few days, still the 1 "used" copy about 20 miles from me, and i'm betting there's a shiny new "used" sticker covering the "new" sticker... 

My used copy of Job Simulator had a used sticker over the new sticker. It was fairly maddening. But even still, I don’t think this one was converted from new to used because I’d been checking periodically and there were none within the 100 mi search radius, until this one popped up. I called and asked if they had it and did It have the case and original artwork. She said they’d just gotten it in and yes it was complete

For you guys that have a copy of Job Simulator bear you, call the store and ask if it has the original box. If it does then just go ahead and spend the money on it. Play it; and if you don’t feel like it’s worth keeping when you’re done, throw it on eBay. That’s what I did. I sold my copy for $62 plus shipping. I originally had planed to keep it. But once I had done literally everything, including getting the platinum on the game, I realized there wasn’t any replayability, and unloaded it for a profit.

Played for a bit last night. Mostly sticking to shorter games/demos to get my eyes used to VR again before jumping into something like Skyrim.

Playroom VR is much better than I thought it was going to be. Normal Playroom was boring to me. The games in the VR playroom are really fun and can be played with other people in the room if you have more controllers.

Rush of Blood was fun, but started to make me feel sick, so I'll probably play it one level at a time.

Carnival Games works better if you have a lot of room to move. I was most looking forward to skee ball, but don't have enough room for it.

Catlateral Damage sucked with move controllers. I didn't try it with a standard controller yet. You have to "jump" everywhere. By jump the game means teleport. Turns into Bunnylateral Damage at that point.

Rush of Blood is one that gets me too.  I was fine until I got to the roller coaster part.  I haven't played that game since around when I first got PSVR around Thanksgiving so I may be better now.

Played more Thumper last night and finished levels 4 and 5.  I still am pretty amazed at how hard this damn game gets so quickly and I still have 4 levels to play.  I thought it was going to be more like the first level the whole time, where it would be pretty trivial to get S scores on a second run, but damn was I wrong.  I am tense as shit playing each sub-level now and this game is like stressful to play.  And I say all of that in a good way, it's just a very intense game when it starts getting super fast.  You have to pay attention like shit and have your reflexes on point.  The music is kinda meh but it fits into the trippy theme of the game.

Such an awesome game.

Seriously? :( that was one of the titles I was looking forward too... But I can hardly handle giant spiders in normal games. Can't imagine how much I'd freak out over them in VR
Oh man.... farpoint being played by someone afraid of spiders.
Please have someone video this. ;)

Go watch some YouTube gameplay to see what the “spiders” look/act like, then decide if you can play it.

Tried Skyrim for a bit before going to work this morning. The biggest problem is when enemies are behind you. Normally in VR games, I'd rotate my whole body instead of using any buttons for the camera controls. This makes games feel much more immersive and reduces feeling sick or eye pain. Unfortunately your body then blocks the Move controllers.

It was the roller coaster part in Rush of Blood that got me too. That first drop.

Edit: Can't believe I forgot to mention Gary the Gull. Very short interactive "movie". I found it to be very funny.

bread's done
Back