Official Pokemon HeartGold & SoulSilver thread of 10 year nostalgia rush

Does anyone know if you can trade a Hoenn pokemon to SoulSilver as soon as you can start trading? I'd like to use Blaziken as my fire pokemon for my team throughout the game.

Are the battles faster?
I had to turn off the battle animations because the battles in platinum just seemed to drag on forever...

I think when they added wi-fi they intentionally slowed battles down so you couldn't tell how much of a lag delay there was over wi-fi. That's my theory anyway.

Whatever, I pre-ordered SoulSilver (I hope that's the right call) and I plan on getting 3 Pichu's.

There's no right or wrong. It's which version has pokemon you want. Other than version exclusives, the only difference is do you want Lugia or Ho-Oh at level 40? The other you get at level 70.

[quote name='icedrake523']There's no right or wrong. It's which version has pokemon you want. Other than version exclusives, the only difference is do you want Lugia or Ho-Oh at level 40? The other you get at level 70.[/QUOTE]
and thats why I roll with heart gold.

gfsdjfsdfs tried doing the pichu thing today

went to mystery gift -> wireless gift. Nothing. Kept on searching. My wifi didn't have 3 bars either.

[quote name='adriley313']The new Jirachu Wifi event is coming to the states.
http://pokebeach.com/2010/01/jirachi-distribution-at-gamestop

You get it on D/P/P and it unlocks a Pokewalker path in HG/SS
Feb 27 thur March 13
Cant wait[/QUOTE]

So with this event those with just GH or SS get Jirachu and the unlocked path, not just the path right? Does that mean if you get it on D/P/P and trade it to HG, or SS it still unlocks the path?

EDIT: spelling, and demanding this games comes out now so the urge to buy Plat goes away.

The Jirachi event ends a day before release of HG and SS. The only way to get Jirachi over to those games is to trade it from D/P/Pl.

So, I headed back to my Mom's house last weekend, to try and dig out my copy of Pokemon Diamond. My old room is bascially wall-to-wall-to-ceiling gaming stuff, so it took FOREVER to find the Pokemon Diamond box. Finally did find it, cracked it opened...and Super Princess Peach was inside! :bomb: More searching, and I finally found that box...only to open it and find Mark Kart DS! ARGH!

Hunted for another hour, and just could not find the damn Mario Kart DS box. I wasted a trip over there...

I don't think I'll be able to grab the Pichu, which is quite disappointing.

Oh! And the kicker. My nephew broke his DS long ago, and gave me a copy of Pokemon Pearl. I happened to find that while I was home...and it DOESN'T WORK! Tried cleaning the damn thing, but nothing. I think their dog chewed it up, as it has teeth marks all over it. fuck.

I'm replaying my gold version, but I really need a GBC link cable so I can trade and evolve my Scyther and Graveler...
The GBA cable doesn't work with trading on GBC games.

Also A bunch of my friends are giving me their cartridges to take to gamestop to get them a pichu lol

I'm most likely going to pre-order at bestbuy since I got a gift card and a certificate. I was wondering does Best buy have the pre order figures in yet? I remember picking up the Giratina figure before platinum released there. I can't wait till March to finally come I loved the Gold and silver games.

I need to be sure before I pre-order tomorrow, you can get both Ho-Ho and Lugia in both HeartGold and/or SoulSilver? So if I buy HeartGold I can get Lugia and Ho-Ho?

Also, which version would be the best? I am stuck between the two. One has a better figurine, but I bought Gold when I was a child.

[quote name='Tech Star']I need to be sure before I pre-order tomorrow, you can get both Ho-Ho and Lugia in both HeartGold and/or SoulSilver? So if I buy HeartGold I can get Lugia and Ho-Ho?

Also, which version would be the best? I am stuck between the two. One has a better figurine, but I bought Gold when I was a child.[/QUOTE]

In HG, you catch Ho-Oh first at level 40. You can catch Lugia later at level 70. In SS, it's the reverse.

Neither one is better than the other. It just comes down to which one has the exclusive Pokemon you want.

http://www.serebii.net/heartgoldsoulsilver/exclusives.shtml

Note: Phanpy/Donphan is in SS while Teddiursa/Ursaring are in HG in the English version

[quote name='KingBroly']When are they going to have a Celebi event, sheesh?

I'm going with Soul Silver btw.[/QUOTE]

Are you getting SS because of the video I posted? If you are, be honest.

EDIT: for tired @$$ grammar f up.

[quote name='DQT']The Jirachi event ends a day before release of HG and SS. The only way to get Jirachi over to those games is to trade it from D/P/Pl.[/QUOTE]

So there is no way to directly get GBA pokemon in SS/HG like you can in D/P? I still have a couple of Jirachi in my Sapphire and Ruby games.

I already have a Jirachi in Diamond, can that one be used instead? Will the GameStop Jirachi have any exclusive moves? I really don't want to go to GameStop if I don't have to.

[quote name='icedrake523']You can migrate GBA pokemon to HG/SS but not until after you beat the Elite 4. Don't know if it will trigger the Pokewalker path.[/QUOTE]
OK, the same as D/P. Thanks for the info. :applause:

I found this neat looking Poke'walker cover on this site too bad it's sold in Japan only
http://www.pokemon.co.jp/special/hgss/news/17.html

Walmart has an exclusive pre-order bundle that comes with a walker cover.

Here's the picture.
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/deta...alse&corpCard=false&type=-9223372036854775808

I already pre-ordered at Bestbuy, but I'm thinking on getting it at walmart now since it has that would I be able to get the refund on the pre-order?

I opened the pre-order figure do I need to return the figure in order to get a refund?

[quote name='Tech Star']Doesn't all the versions of Pokemon HeartGold and SoulSilver come with a Pokewalker?[/QUOTE]
yup.

[quote name='Tech Star']Doesn't all the versions of Pokemon HeartGold and SoulSilver come with a Pokewalker?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Nathan_Sama']yup.[/QUOTE]

But only Walmart has that sweet @$$ pokewalker jacket!

[quote name='meerkatgamer']I found this neat looking Poke'walker cover on this site too bad it's sold in Japan only
http://www.pokemon.co.jp/special/hgss/news/17.html

Walmart has an exclusive pre-order bundle that comes with a walker cover.

Here's the picture.
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/deta...alse&corpCard=false&type=-9223372036854775808

I already pre-ordered at Bestbuy, but I'm thinking on getting it at walmart now since it has that would I be able to get the refund on the pre-order?

I opened the pre-order figure do I need to return the figure in order to get a refund?[/QUOTE]

Yeah you need the figure to get a refund.

I still don't see how that cover is that awesome, though. :/

That pokewalker jacket is definitely cool! Does anyone know if the set is already available to pre-order from Walmart? If so, I'm definitely cancelling my current pre-order and getting it at WM.

If you missed the Pichu event at gamestop, you can grab it over WiFi until the 23rd. Just found this out from a post in the video game deals forum, and I can confirm it works since I got it! Now to just trade for a TRU Arceus and a Gamestop Jirachi.

[quote name='Ryukahn']If you missed the Pichu event at gamestop, you can grab it over WiFi until the 23rd. Just found this out from a post in the video game deals forum, and I can confirm it works since I got it! Now to just trade for a TRU Arceus and a Gamestop Jirachi.[/QUOTE]

Is there a way to do this in HG/SS? I don't have diamond/pearl, but I'll be gettin SS day 1.

Is there any reason to pick up Platinum if you're getting HG or SS on day 1? Like other Pokemon or something? Just asking!

If you're getting HG/SS day 1, get Platinum down the road. I think the non-legendary/starters can be obtained in HG/SS but you have to have your radio on a certain channel while you're walking in grass.

The WFC Pichu only works in Europe, as it seems. Unless somebody can prove me wrong. There haven't been many WFC, if any, pokemon to download here in the states.

I tried but it didn't work since I already got a Pichu from GS, but the option is there.

And we did just have Darkrai and Shaymin over WFC.

[quote name='Pck21']Is there any reason to pick up Platinum if you're getting HG or SS on day 1? Like other Pokemon or something? Just asking![/QUOTE]
Platinum is such an improvement over diamond and pearl, so if you have any interest in it, I say go for it.

btw, IS ANYONE COMPLETELY PSYCHED FOR THIS RELEASE!??!?!? :D

[quote name='bluedotlounge']This can be used once the gamer catches their first Pokemon in the DS game (about 30 minutes into the story)[/QUOTE]
30 minutes? And I thought it took forever to get past the intro stuff in LeafGreen.

[quote name='Nathan_Sama']Platinum is such an improvement over diamond and pearl, so if you have any interest in it, I say go for it.

btw, IS ANYONE COMPLETELY PSYCHED FOR THIS RELEASE!??!?!? :D[/QUOTE]

I keep checking amazon to see if/when it shipped. I'm afraid I'll be waiting a bit beyond Monday.

bread's done
Back