Official Pokemon HeartGold & SoulSilver thread of 10 year nostalgia rush

[quote name='D4rkewolfe']You're going to have to look back in this thread. I'm not quite sure what it was called. Unfortunately I don't remember who posted it either. I know it was a link to a website and dealt with some pkm files. It was for event pokemon but you could technically use it as well to get any of the pokemon you wanted. Though I can understand getting the event pokemon missed, but for any other reasons it felt to me would cheapen the game.

Was early on after the game was released when someone posted it.[/QUOTE]
Nobody cares about me.
[quote name='Doomed']In 10 minutes, I was giving myself event pokemon to my normal SS cart. Thank you hackers of the world! You could use it to send non-event Pokemon, but that would make you a loser. I don't think I'm breaking any rules here, all the homebrew is on the PC - the cart is not modified or anything.

Use this method to send pkm files to retail games via wifi to your gts gift center...

-Download the file attached to this post, unzip it wherever.
-If you don't already have Python 2.6 download and install the version that fits your OS from http://python.org/download/
-In the files you unzipped earlier, look for sendpkm.py. Drag the PKM file you wish to send onto that file. Note that the PKM file must be a party PKM, not one from storage.
-A window will pop up telling you to set your DS's DNS server to the given address. To do this boot your pokemon game on your DS and choose "Nintendo WFC Settings" from the main menu.
-Tap whichever connection you're using and edit the settings. Select "No" for Auto-obtain DNS and enter the address given to you by the program for the primary DNS.
-Save the settings and go into the GTS/GTC ingame. It may take a few moments, but the PKM file on your computer will be sent to your game. If your party is full it will be sent to box 1 of the PC.
-Don't forget to set the DNS settings on your DS back to normal if you want to use official online functions!

sendpkm.zip: http://www.mediafire.com/?ycydiznqzkz

Get .pkm files at http://www.pkmdb.com/NDS-English-Event-Downloads[/QUOTE]

You lookin to trade later d4rkewolfe
If you can help I wanna transfer some pokemon from one version to another and them back.

I can give you pokemon and LUcky egg. cause i hear they give better exp than exp share

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']You breed 2 PKMN from different regions (i.e. US HG w/ a JP SS) and the chance to get a shiny increases from 1 in 8K to 1 in 2K.... yeah.[/QUOTE]
Grazie! Shinies are alright, but I'm not big into the breeding and soft resetting multiple times to get a shiny. If I catch one, great. If not, oh well.

[quote name='utopianmachine']Now I want to know what name it is.[/QUOTE]

I just named her Defyn, which is my name in most cases but with PKMN I'd rather just use Heart/Soul and such so I can differentiate which game my PKMN came from. So I don't have a bunch of them w/ the same OT name but different IDs.

Yeah I've used the same name in Heart Gold, Pearl, Diamond, Emerald, and Leaf Green. I just started Soul Silver and decided to choose a different name so I can more easily distinguish which pokemon are from that game.

[quote name='utopianmachine']That rocks. I imported some Platinum Pokémon already. Maybe it's time to make some babies![/QUOTE]

Remember it is different regions as in say a Japanese Pikachu and a U.S. Ditto, not a Sinnoh region pokemon breeding with a Johto region one.

Also, I just saw your message adriley, maybe tomorrow we'll do some trading, had to finish up some homework and such...might have to do the same tomorrow...so we'll see. But yeah, I'm up for some trading when possible.

[quote name='D4rkewolfe']Remember it is different regions as in say a Japanese Pikachu and a U.S. Ditto, not a Sinnoh region pokemon breeding with a Johto region one.[/QUOTE]

Ah, thanks for making that distinction. Guess I'll hit the GTS and nab a foreign Pokémon sometime. I'm sure I have some already, but I never paid attention.

No prob d4r

Yes i hate Sarafi Pokemon, and the new way is really stupid.
Hows gonna wait 100 days just to catch one pokemon.
Thats just craziness.

I could look for some Dittos in my JPN Diamond and trade them away if you guys want.
We will see.

[quote name='adriley313']Yes i hate Sarafi Pokemon, and the new way is really stupid.
Hows gonna wait 100 days just to catch one pokemon.
Thats just craziness.
[/QUOTE]

100 days? What are you talking about?

Managed to catch a bunch of Pokémon after all, with my first set of Safari Balls. Got Zubat, Golbat, Geodude, Nidorina, Girafarig, Fearow, Vileplume, and Muk, that I remember. Not bad, I think.

It's a path on the pokewalker called Nights Edge

check out the safari zone page on seribii to get what I'm talking about.
I'm on my iPod or I would post the link.
I will 2mori. They made a way to catch every pokemon but in the mist insane stupid way they could come up with. I'm not gonna spend 100 days just to get a metang.

I have three Adamant natured Beldums that I just hatched that I am willing to trade if anyone is interested. I need the other starters and whatever else is cool that you think I should have :) PM me if interested. FC is in sig...

[quote name='adriley313']check out the safari zone page on seribii to get what I'm talking about.
[/QUOTE]

Found the page on Serebii. The Safari Zone is way more complicated than I remember. I think when I encountered it in Gold years ago, I thought it only had the Pokémon I saw in it that day/time I came. Guess I have reason to spend a fair amount of time there.

...but I think I'm going to head back and grind a bit. I need to get that gym badge so I can get Fly. Walking around everywhere is driving me crazy.

[quote name='adriley313']Yes I'm be into to trading a beldum
I've got chikorita charmander bublasaur
do u have any other starters[/QUOTE]

i have cyndaquil. i could breed one for you. i won't hatch it though, cause im lazy...

Private Message me!

I know the other day you guys were discussing the best Pokémon to have with you as an HM slave. Can someone give me a recommendation for some of the best ones that can learn 4 moves?

[quote name='utopianmachine']I know the other day you guys were discussing the best Pokémon to have with you as an HM slave. Can someone give me a recommendation for some of the best ones that can learn 4 moves?[/QUOTE]

Bibarel and Tropius combined can have all 8 HMs.

Finally got Fly. The 6th gym with the fighting Pokémon was so easy. It was really nice to get to zoom over to Goldenrod to answer Buena's Password, then dash down to get some Pokéballs from Kurt. :cool:

[quote name='Ryukahn']Bibarel and Tropius combined can have all 8 HMs.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info.

[quote name='Ryukahn']Bibarel and Tropius combined can have all 8 HMs.[/QUOTE]

After looking at the pokedex, these are the movesets to use (the four HM's you teach Bibarel can't be learned by Tropius).
Bibarel: Surf, Whirlpool, Waterfall and Rock Climb
Tropius: Fly, Cut, Strength, Rock Smash

And if you really want to cover all your bases with as few pokemon as possible. Teach Hypno Headbutt and Flash.

After looking it up (since Bibarel is garbage), Golduck is a much better choice than Bibarel. It can learn all of the HMs listed by mogamer, has much better stats than Bibarel, and will make the water type HMs it has on it actually hit with some punch, in case your 4 main pokemon get whacked. The only benefit to Bibarel is that you only need to get Bidoof to level 15 for it to evolve, while Psyduck doesn't evolve until level 33. Also, you could try your luck and try to catch a while Golduck via surfing, but serebii lists the lowbie ones as only a 1% chance of showing up.

Yes i agree with Prinny, when im out training or fighting a gym leader i also box my HM slave for my team.

My pick for the most useful Hm SLave is Linoone.
Its abiltiy is PIck Up-http://www.serebii.net/heartgoldsoulsilver/pickup.shtml
Very useful fr picking up items like Rare Candy, TMs,Stones and HEart Scales.
If you wanna steal items from Pokemon then use Covet and if you wanna have him fight he can learn Slash.

It can also learn Cut, Surf, Strength, Whirlpool and Rock SMash and HEadbutt

[quote name='62t']Surf and Waterfall are actually useful move in a battle[/QUOTE]
I was surprised how good Strength was. I replaced Tackle on almost all of my Pokemon.

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']Why would you take your HM slaves to fight something hard anyways :/[/QUOTE]

When going through a long cave you would need your HM slaves. If you happen to have a few of your main pokemon die, your HM slaves might be called upon to fight. In such cases, you would want HM slaves that are at least competent in fighting.

Obviously, for pre-arranged areas like gyms there is no need for HM slaves and thus you would box them.

[quote name='adriley313']Yes i agree with Prinny, when im out training or fighting a gym leader i also box my HM slave for my team.

My pick for the most useful Hm SLave is Linoone.
Its abiltiy is PIck Up-http://www.serebii.net/heartgoldsoulsilver/pickup.shtml
Very useful fr picking up items like Rare Candy, TMs,Stones and HEart Scales.
If you wanna steal items from Pokemon then use Covet and if you wanna have him fight he can learn Slash.

It can also learn Cut, Surf, Strength, Whirlpool and Rock SMash and HEadbutt[/QUOTE]

Heh, in Ruby I went fishing near the waterfall on the way to Victory Road. I used a Linoone as my lead and used Covet on all of the Luvdisc I found. I ended up with plenty of Heart Scales! I had to pay attention though. Sometimes it picked up an item after a battle and wouldn't grab the Heart Scale. ;)

Yes i doid the same thing.
And in LeafGreen and FireRed i did the Thief on Paras in Mt. Moon for Mushroom.
Nice to know I wasnt the only one.

Hey, do any of you happen to have a Shaymin for trade? I can offer any starters, Jirachi, Mew, Phione, Manaphy, Pokerus, TMS, Stones, and more. (I can't remember what else I have on my D/P atm but just ask and I can check) ^_^

I will forever be in your debt if you can trade me one. _(.__.)_

Or even just trade + trade back for the info so I can try my luck with the GTS.

Finally got to start using this Pokewalker today...and I've somehow scratched the front of it (the red part of the Pokeball design...not the screen).

-_-

That's gonna bother the collector in me.

ahh thats so sad, i hate would hate it if i lost mine.
I think a couple pages back a CAG said she got a replacement for less than $20 bucks shipped

I tried the Pikachu thing today...had over 10K steps and I got 0 "!!' and 0 "!!!". :( All of them were "!" and I wasted over 900 watts on that. :(

Did anyone buy this from Amazon? Their copies say software only and I'm not sure if that means it includes the Pokewalker or not.

[quote name='Hostile']Did anyone buy this from Amazon? Their copies say software only and I'm not sure if that means it includes the Pokewalker or not.[/QUOTE]

It includes the Pokéwalker. It just means it doesn't come with the figurine that was offered as a preorder bonus.

[quote name='Hostile']Did anyone buy this from Amazon? Their copies say software only and I'm not sure if that means it includes the Pokewalker or not.[/QUOTE]

It's included

[quote name='nekobi']Hey, do any of you happen to have a Shaymin for trade? I can offer any starters, Jirachi, Mew, Phione, Manaphy, Pokerus, TMS, Stones, and more. (I can't remember what else I have on my D/P atm but just ask and I can check) ^_^

I will forever be in your debt if you can trade me one. _(.__.)_

Or even just trade + trade back for the info so I can try my luck with the GTS.[/QUOTE]
I would love to trade for a Shaymin. I have an extra one I think that I got off the GTS. Is your Mew legit? If its your only one, don't trade me, but if you have multiples...I'm interested! PM me!

Just a heads up though if you pick FSSS. I ordered Heart Gold ($28 bucks and FSSS for this much awesome nostalgia? Hell yeah!) on Sunday, and it won't ship until FRIDAY! That is a long time to package a box, not to mention the extra wait for the thing to arrive.

Looking forward to trying out the walker though. I spend about an hour a day walking from classes to coffee shops to labs, so I should give it a good workout.

bread's done
Back