Official Pokemon HeartGold & SoulSilver thread of 10 year nostalgia rush

[quote name='DQT']Really? :bomb:[/QUOTE]I kid you not, however a good method to catching it is to first stat effect of your choice on it, then use snorlax (hold item: leftovers) and block it. Its got some moves that'll sting and snorlax is great since hes got high HP and w/ leftovers he'll be healing himself each turn. Then just throw dusk/ultra balls till it gets caught.

First thing I did was paralyze latias and let it run. Then I used the pichu from the wifi event and endured to take a hit w/ 1 hp remaining (pretty easy since pichu is weak arse) then used endeavor on Latias which brought it down to 1hp as well, then after it ran away and I found it AGAIN, I used snorlax to block it.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']A porygon is 9999 coins which I want. Anyway I tried two of those auto generator sites and I found that they work about as good as I do.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure I have extra porygon that I could trade. PM me if interested and I'll double check.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']I want to shoot whoever came up with the idea of voltorb flip. I am fine with logic games, and I am fine with random games, but this is starting to fucking annoy me that I actually spend time planning out the grid and my next move only to lose because of the randomness.[/QUOTE]

What pisses me off isn't that the other games were removed for Voltorb Flip. I never played them anyway. No, what really bothers me is the fact you can't buy coins anymore. Ever since the original games, I would earn money and then buy coins to get the Pokemon or tm's that I wanted. Now I can't even do that! :bomb:

Oh well, there's a reason why I have an Action Replay! ;)

[quote name='ItsAMeAMario']Sorry to bring in a random topic, but how do you upload an picture as your avatar?[/QUOTE]

I figured out how to do it.

I also recently got the XL, and I love it.
The thing is HUGE compared to my old Lite.
I got it at Best Buy for about $97 after using my rewards certificates and gift cards. I couldn't see myself paying MSRP since I'm a CAG.
I actually tried a few times at different Gamestops to trade in my Lite towards the XL.
The right hinge fell off so I was rejected each of the times. But doesn't hurt to ask, right? :lol:

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']I want to shoot whoever came up with the idea of voltorb flip. I am fine with logic games, and I am fine with random games, but this is starting to fucking annoy me that I actually spend time planning out the grid and my next move only to lose because of the randomness.[/QUOTE]

I agree that it's not the best addition to the game. With a lot of trying, I got a Dratini egg, but I don't really feel that was time well-spent. The game is close to Minesweeper, but Minesweeper doesn't require as much guessing as Voltorb Flip does.

I like it better than the Slot Machine.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']A porygon is 9999 coins which I want. Anyway I tried two of those auto generator sites and I found that they work about as good as I do.[/QUOTE]

Maybe you've tried this one already, but I've had more luck with it. It includes the probability of being a point and its likely value. I got to level 6 using it.

http://esper.vacau.com/voltorb/index.php

I never won shit with the slot machines in the GBa games. I just bought the coins I needed for the Pokes or TM's I wanted.

I can win with Voltorb flip, but Slooooowly. Maybe 1000 coins in an hour if I'm lucky.

So, I know the legendary dogs have their IVs reset and such when you beat the Elite Four...

Does the same work for the Roaming dude + Cresselia in Platinum? Like... do their IV/Nature get set when they starts roaming? And... if you faint them they'll respawn after you beat the E4??

if u want i can just give you a porygon.
itll be inside an egg though or level 1.

So does anyone know if walking an Eevee in the Pokewalker, 30,000+ steps will raise it's Happiness enough to get it to change?

And on that note, I got an Umbreon by trading a level 1 Totodile in the GTS. If only I actually had fought the fire starter in a battle, I'd have all 3 starters for Johto. As it stands now, I've got only 2 and 2 Kanto, but I will get Charmander from OAK soon enough, once I figured out how to fight Blue. Or is it Red. Whoever holds the 8th Kanto Badge.

Craven, you beat blue for the 8th gym and then you fight SUPER RED in Mt Silver then he will give you a Kanto starter.

Also Steven in the Silph Co in Saffron will give you a Hoenn Starter after you beat Red too.

I'm attempting to get one of every Pokemon in my PC (and truly catch them all). I spent about 30 min trying to come across Chansey (1% chance according to Bulbapedia. Found one before but had no means of doing just enough damage that it'd survive). I'm trying to catch everything with Pokeballs, too. I'm also trading over as little as I can from Diamond. Just legendaries and annoying things to get like the Happiness evolutions and Milotic.

[quote name='icedrake523']I'm attempting to get one of every Pokemon in my PC (and truly catch them all). I spent about 30 min trying to come across Chansey (1% chance according to Bulbapedia. Found one before but had no means of doing just enough damage that it'd survive). I'm trying to catch everything with Pokeballs, too. I'm also trading over as little as I can from Diamond. Just legendaries and annoying things to get like the Happiness evolutions and Milotic.[/QUOTE]

Tip, get a scyther or scizor with false swipe and level it up like crazy. Once you get it high enough, you could one or two hit pokemon and with false swipe as your final attack the pokemon is left with 1hp.

[quote name='icedrake523']I'm attempting to get one of every Pokemon in my PC (and truly catch them all). I spent about 30 min trying to come across Chansey (1% chance according to Bulbapedia. Found one before but had no means of doing just enough damage that it'd survive). I'm trying to catch everything with Pokeballs, too. I'm also trading over as little as I can from Diamond. Just legendaries and annoying things to get like the Happiness evolutions and Milotic.[/QUOTE]

I was like you in trying to catch everything with a Pokeball, but like... with breeding that part of having 1 of everything seems kinda of pointless, no? I sorta gave up on it on 1 or 2 pokemon so yeah... Guess I could go back and recatch them but meh.

icedrake, you can always wait til Chansey starts swarming near Fushcia city. Thats how i caught him. Good luck on them all, im not even trying those safari ones. Thats just craziness. GTS will help me with my pokedex.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Tip, get a scyther or scizor with false swipe and level it up like crazy. Once you get it high enough, you could one or two hit pokemon and with false swipe as your final attack the pokemon is left with 1hp.[/QUOTE]

I was going to breed a Gallade on Diamond to have it know Hypnosis and False Swipe. I've been to lazy. Most everything I've been going after right now is low level, so using Gengar's Hypnosis and chucking Pokeballs is working, too.

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']I was like you in trying to catch everything with a Pokeball, but like... with breeding that part of having 1 of everything seems kinda of pointless, no? I sorta gave up on it on 1 or 2 pokemon so yeah... Guess I could go back and recatch them but meh.[/QUOTE]

I've used the other balls. Ultras on the 3 beasts (needed to be fast since Entei and Raikou use Roar). I used a Net Ball on Slowbro (didn't have anything to do moderate damage to it). I just use Pokeballs when I can, I won't hesitate to use another type if it's hard to catch or just pissing me off.

[quote name='adriley313']icedrake, you can always wait til Chansey starts swarming near Fushcia city. Thats how i caught him. Good luck on them all, im not even trying those safari ones. Thats just craziness. GTS will help me with my pokedex.[/QUOTE]

I eventually found one. It's more rewarding to get it where it has a 1% chance of appearing, too. Not looking forward to Marill or Yanma though.

Marill can be found in Mt Mortar though who knows where and Yanma is found from swarming.

I had to breed forever to get the Yanmega I wanted.
Modest Yanmega with Tinted Lens is gonna be killer.

[quote name='adriley313']Marill can be found in Mt Mortar though who knows where and Yanma is found from swarming.

I had to breed forever to get the Yanmega I wanted.
Modest Yanmega with Tinted Lens is gonna be killer.[/QUOTE]

Yanma has a 1% chance appearing on the Route the Daycare is. Didn't know it swarmed, too.

I've been looking for a comprehensive list of all the different Pokemon you can SEE in HG and/or SS, but Serebii, Bulbapedia, and even the official strategy guide(s) have failed me. Does anyone know if that exists anywhere?

Keep in mind, I'm talking about only those Pokemon that other NPC trainers have, not the ones that are acquired through wifi/wireless trades via friend code. It seems like this would be something good to have, since you can only acquire Pokemon through GTS if you've already seen them in your game. I'm too old to trade with neighborhood kids (Hello, Mr. Thirtysomething Pokemon-Playing Molester!), and using online forums to trade friend codes with strangers to try to meet up over wifi has been frustrating as hell.

I'm seriously about to buy a second DS (used) from Gamestop and a copy of Platinum just so I can catch all these freaking critters.

[quote name='drsunken']I've been looking for a comprehensive list of all the different Pokemon you can SEE in HG and/or SS, but Serebii, Bulbapedia, and even the official strategy guide(s) have failed me. Does anyone know if that exists anywhere?

Keep in mind, I'm talking about only those Pokemon that other NPC trainers have, not the ones that are acquired through wifi/wireless trades via friend code. It seems like this would be something good to have, since you can only acquire Pokemon through GTS if you've already seen them in your game. I'm too old to trade with neighborhood kids (Hello, Mr. Thirtysomething Pokemon-Playing Molester!), and using online forums to trade friend codes with strangers to try to meet up over wifi has been frustrating as hell.

I'm seriously about to buy a second DS (used) from Gamestop and a copy of Platinum just so I can catch all these freaking critters.[/QUOTE]
Trade with yourself over the GTS.

-Download the file attached to this post, unzip it wherever.
-If you don't already have Python 2.6 download and install the version that fits your OS from http://python.org/download/
-In the files you unzipped earlier, look for sendpkm.py. Drag the PKM file you wish to send onto that file. Note that the PKM file must be a party PKM, not one from storage.
-A window will pop up telling you to set your DS's DNS server to the given address. To do this boot your pokemon game on your DS and choose "Nintendo WFC Settings" from the main menu.
-Tap whichever connection you're using and edit the settings. Select "No" for Auto-obtain DNS and enter the address given to you by the program for the primary DNS.
-Save the settings and go into the GTS/GTC ingame. It may take a few moments, but the PKM file on your computer will be sent to your game. If your party is full it will be sent to box 1 of the PC.
-Don't forget to set the DNS settings on your DS back to normal if you want to use official online functions!

sendpkm.zip: http://www.mediafire.com/?ycydiznqzkz

Get .pkm files at http://www.pkmdb.com/NDS-English-Event-Downloads
or http://pkmdb.webs.com/

[quote name='Doomed']Trade with yourself over the GTS.

-Download the file attached to this post, unzip it wherever.
-If you don't already have Python 2.6 download and install the version that fits your OS from http://python.org/download/
-In the files you unzipped earlier, look for sendpkm.py. Drag the PKM file you wish to send onto that file. Note that the PKM file must be a party PKM, not one from storage.
-A window will pop up telling you to set your DS's DNS server to the given address. To do this boot your pokemon game on your DS and choose "Nintendo WFC Settings" from the main menu.
-Tap whichever connection you're using and edit the settings. Select "No" for Auto-obtain DNS and enter the address given to you by the program for the primary DNS.
-Save the settings and go into the GTS/GTC ingame. It may take a few moments, but the PKM file on your computer will be sent to your game. If your party is full it will be sent to box 1 of the PC.
-Don't forget to set the DNS settings on your DS back to normal if you want to use official online functions!

sendpkm.zip: http://www.mediafire.com/?ycydiznqzkz

Get .pkm files at http://www.pkmdb.com/NDS-English-Event-Downloads
or http://pkmdb.webs.com/[/QUOTE]

So I can get event pokemon that way? Nice.

I'm working Farfetch'd into my team. He's going to be my Fly pokemon and I may have him learn U-Turn, just to have a nasty hit and run Farfetch'd.

I'm also on the hunt for Exeggcute, but can't seem to find the bastard. I haven't seen one yet either, so I can't snatch one off the GTS. Any tips?

*edit*
D'oh! Headbutting trees is how you get him.

[quote name='craven_fiend']Good to know.

Edit: How do I start Python?[/QUOTE]
Make sure it's Python v 2.xx. Install it and drag the .pkm you want onto sendpkm.py.

If anyone has a spare time later today to help me transfer my Ev trained pokrmon from Pearl to SS, it would be really helpful.

Thx a bunch

[quote name='icedrake523']Yanma has a 1% chance appearing on the Route the Daycare is. Didn't know it swarmed, too.[/QUOTE]

My wife got the 1% chance Yanma and made me an egg. I made baby Yanma's from that egg and found that I can trade them on GTS for almost anything. I got all the Evee evolutions except for Glaceon and Leafeon, and a bunch of Riolu's.

I still need to give some of you your stuff. :p

I'm online 11pm PST on weekdays (invisibled status). If anyone PMed about the shinies and are online now, I'll be here for 30mins....lurking. :D

[quote name='Puffa469']My wife got the 1% chance Yanma and made me an egg. I made baby Yanma's from that egg and found that I can trade them on GTS for almost anything. I got all the Evee evolutions except for Glaceon and Leafeon, and a bunch of Riolu's.[/QUOTE]

Really, damn gotta try that now. I just caught one in like 10-15 mins of searching route 35 and it would be nice to get easy pokemon off the gts.

Yes im gonna try that too cause i have boxes full off Yanma from trying to breed a Modest one with compoundeyes that turns into Tinted Lens that doubles not very effective moves.

Kay, i see ur online, but u wont answer me

[quote name='adriley313']Yes im gonna try that too cause i have boxes full off Yanma from trying to breed a Modest one with compoundeyes that turns into Tinted Lens that doubles not very effective moves.

Kay, i see ur online, but u wont answer me[/QUOTE]sry bout that. just pmed you.

Is there any way to use the Global Trading System without having to give up a legendary Pokemon? Seems like no matter what I search for, all anyone wants for something is an Entei or a Celebi or etc.

[quote name='sippycupz']Is there any way to use the Global Trading System without having to give up a legendary Pokemon? Seems like no matter what I search for, all anyone wants for something is an Entei or a Celebi or etc.[/QUOTE]
No. :p

You could just put something up and hope someone will give you whatever youre looking for in return.

[quote name='Killer Calvin']is it possible to catch more than one shiny in a single pokemon game?[/QUOTE]Of course. The odds are not very high though. :cry:

[quote name='sippycupz']Is there any way to use the Global Trading System without having to give up a legendary Pokemon? Seems like no matter what I search for, all anyone wants for something is an Entei or a Celebi or etc.[/QUOTE]

Just deposit the pokemon you want to give up on the GTS instead of seek. Seek usually doesn't work but if you deposit, it has a lot better results.

Ive got a lot of good Shinys now.
Im so happy.

Just scored a Shiny Adamant Ralts Male and a TRU Regigigas.

I love Shinys.
Also got a Shiny Adamant Gligar.

I actually had Yanma swarming today. Ended up with 3 of them, 2 males and 1 female. Sent one of the males to the GTS and breeding the others. Time to put them up on the GTS and get what I want.

[quote name='Kay_Faraday']Of course. The odds are not very high though. :cry:[/QUOTE]

Of course, it's a lot easier too, though I don't know if you get a pokeradar in this game like in the Diamond/Pearl ones. There is a way to chain pokemon using the pokeradar, by doing this chaining you are able to increase your chances of running into a shiny.

My wife has a pretty good amount of shinies because of this that she trades with others for their shiny. There's a whole thread in serebii somewhere and even some guides in youtube. If this game has a pokeradar, don't see why it would not work in this game as well.

I just offer Pokes I have and request the ones I want. I never have luck with seeking pokes because I don't have a box full of Darkrai's and Celebi's to give out.

I find that the best pokes to offer are any of the starters, or any hard to find pokes. I just breed a few eggs and hatch em real quick and start offering them on GTS. I don't bother breeding for good natures just to trade.

Pokes that I never have an issue trading for what I want include:

- All three HG/SS Starters
- Charmander, Squirtle, Bulbasaur
- Heracross, Yanma, Munchlax, Bonsley

[quote name='Puffa469']I just offer Pokes I have and request the ones I want. I never have luck with seeking pokes because I don't have a box full of Darkrai's and Celebi's to give out.

I find that the best pokes to offer are any of the starters, or any hard to find pokes. I just breed a few eggs and hatch em real quick and start offering them on GTS. I don't bother breeding for good natures just to trade.

Pokes that I never have an issue trading for what I want include:

- All three HG/SS Starters
- Charmander, Squirtle, Bulbasaur
- Heracross, Yanma, Munchlax, Bonsley[/QUOTE]

I've never used the GTS. If I want a pokemon that I've never seen can I offer something and choose the best offer (hopefully a pokemon I've never seen)? Or am I stuck with the first trade that comes up?

You have to have seen the Pokemon in order to request it on GTS. There are no offers, you put up the Pokemon you want to trade and request what you want for it.

[quote name='icedrake523']You have to have seen the Pokemon in order to request it on GTS. There are no offers, you put up the Pokemon you want to trade and request what you want for it.[/QUOTE]

OK, Thanks for answering. So, if I wanted a legendary I don't already have, I would have to find someone wanting to trade it for something I do have.

bread's done
Back