Official Pokemon HeartGold & SoulSilver thread of 10 year nostalgia rush

Has anyone gotten to level 8 of the voltorb flip game? I failed level 7 nine or ten times before it decided to drop me all the way to level 2 instead of level 6.

[quote name='Filbert']Has anyone gotten to level 8 of the voltorb flip game? I failed level 7 nine or ten times before it decided to drop me all the way to level 2 instead of level 6.[/QUOTE]Buddy of mine made it to lvl 9, apparently you get 1000's of coins if you beat it, but damn is it ever hard

[quote name='maigoyume']Buddy of mine made it to lvl 9, apparently you get 1000's of coins if you beat it, but damn is it ever hard[/QUOTE]

Glad I got a Porygon from the GTS with a Yanma. I don't want to screw around with that game until I get 9999.

Edit: Short of being able level it up, and save the game. Then go back to it, rinse and repeat until a favorable outcome is awarded.

[quote name='maigoyume']Buddy of mine made it to lvl 9, apparently you get 1000's of coins if you beat it, but damn is it ever hard[/QUOTE]

I was playing, only half paying attention while I watched the Indians, and made it to level 8 just now. Once I realized that I had got past the previous sticking point I went to my computer to enlist the Voltorb Flip Helper site and promptly hit a voltorb on the third tile selection.

In case anyone is wondering how far it drops you seems to be dependent on what percentage of the available points you got before hitting the voltorb.

[quote name='Filbert']Has anyone gotten to level 8 of the voltorb flip game? I failed level 7 nine or ten times before it decided to drop me all the way to level 2 instead of level 6.[/QUOTE]

I've gotten to 9 once (don't remember if I got past it, probably not), 8 a couple of times. To be honest after about level 5 it's eventually a coinflip at best as to whether you proceed to the next level or not...freakin' ridiculous.

As for dropping you down so many levels, that is decided through how many safe cards you had flipped up prior to flipping over a voltorb. So in your case, you had two safe cards flipped over, and the next one you flipped was a voltorb.

Oh and I just want to say...I hate this fucking game, but I can't stop playing it. Damn those 10K TMs! :bomb:

That sucks Puffa, hope you find it.

May be old news but I found if you have the Watt where a Route should be open on the PokeWlaker and its not showing up.
Just take your pokemon out and put him back in until all your routes open up.

Was wondering why I had 15,000 watts and Treehouse and Volcano Path werent opened, and tried this and they are all opened.

Now going into Winner's Path for Bouncing Magikarp, Leftover Munchlax, Trick Room Bronzor, and Iron Head Beldum, maybe I can get an Adamant one.

If anyone needs some Pokemon Breed with cool moves and MOdest or Jolly Nature let me know and Ill try to help.
Im a very good breeder.

I'm 11 pokemon short of having all 151 in my PC. The others I've not made as much progress on. I have traded most of the Sinnoh legendaries over.

The odd thing is, the last time I tried to complete my Pokedex was in Red/Blue. However, that hasn't stopped me from putting over 300 hours into each one since though.

[quote name='Filbert']The odd thing is, the last time I tried to complete my Pokedex was in Red/Blue. However, that hasn't stopped me from putting over 300 hours into each one since though.[/QUOTE]
I completed the pokedex in the original Silver. But now, there are so damn many, I don't even try. Although I have over 350 in my copy of Pearl. ;)

Anyone have any luck seeing Beldum's yet (or Bronzor for that matter, as I haven't seen any of those)? I have tried to reset the course ~6 times now and still no luck getting it to switch. I did manage to catch a few Munchlax, but the best nature was neutral. I'll have to see if I can pass on Selfdestruct via breeding.

I had thought it could be due to not having that National dex, but I caught two Duskull, so that is not it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I found a bunch of Beldums, as well as a Choice Specs and a Choice Band, so the pokewalker course is going well. Of course none of the Beldums are adamant, so I will have to see if those too can pass on the moves it has on it, which I doubt.

Ok, I've gone through Winner's Path four times and caught three Magicarp, two Horsea, four Duskull, two Beldon and one Munchlax. The Munchlax are very rare, the rarest pokemon so far I've looked for in the pokewalker. I've mostly found berries, but did get a White Herb. I'm only 3,000 watts short of opening up Sinnoh Field, so I should be able to get more items here before the end of next week.

Is a Self-Destructing Munchlax really that big a deal? I always thought flying/surfing Pikachu was way cooler. Slpoding Muchlax is kinda a funny novelty I suppose. I respect you guys' persistence though. I've been on some very enjoyable (real world) walks since I started using the Pokewalker.

The winner's path is for competitive battling. A self destruct snorlax is a surefire knockout on most pokemon. It was only availablke from pokemon XD before I think so this was nice.

[quote name='DQT']Is a Self-Destructing Munchlax really that big a deal? I always thought flying/surfing Pikachu was way cooler. Slpoding Muchlax is kinda a funny novelty I suppose. I respect you guys' persistence though. I've been on some very enjoyable (real world) walks since I started using the Pokewalker.[/QUOTE]

A Self-Destruct from a Snorlax was one of the most powerful physical attacks back in the old Pokemon Stadium 1/2 days because it received STAB. I bet it's still right up there.

Hello fellow Pokemon Trainers, I am getting both versions of the game in a couple of days in the mail. I am keeping one and giving one to my brother. Does it really matter which one I keep? I know some of you have been playing for a while so are there any tips on how to approach the game. I have played every "Generation" of Pokemon games so far so I know quite a bit about them. Should I just start using the Pokewalker or are there any special things I should know before I start using it. Thanks in advance.

As always depends which game has the pokemon you like. Since your brother will have the other it doesn't really matter as you two can trade those.

Nothing much you need to know if you've played all of them, and I do suggest using the pokewalker right away. I enjoy it and it is an easy way to get a few items and pokemon.

Has there ever been, on any Nintendo system, a Pokemon card game? I mean one that is like the trading card game. You know, the one that no one anywhere actually plays - they only have simulations of children that play the game. Or at least that seems to be the case. :)

[quote name='crunchewy']Has there ever been, on any Nintendo system, a Pokemon card game? I mean one that is like the trading card game. You know, the one that no one anywhere actually plays - they only have simulations of children that play the game. Or at least that seems to be the case. :)[/QUOTE]

There was one on GBC- I actually had one and beat the game years ago!
It came with a Meowth Promo Card too.

[quote name='crunchewy']Has there ever been, on any Nintendo system, a Pokemon card game? I mean one that is like the trading card game. You know, the one that no one anywhere actually plays - they only have simulations of children that play the game. Or at least that seems to be the case. :)[/QUOTE]

Yes there is a game i loved and just got from Goozex.
Its call Pokemon TCG- Trading Card Game for the GBC.
Im waiting to get mailed my GBASP so i can play it.

I loved the game as a kid, and wonder if theyll ever come out with a remake. that was an awesome game.

LINK TO AMAZON-http://www.amazon.com/Pokemon-Tradi..._1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1273679847&sr=1-1

I got a Sneasel, level 1, from the GTS with Pokerus. Time to infect a bunch of my level 1 and work them up.

Edit: That's what the frown means, right?

[quote name='craven_fiend']I got a Sneasel, level 1, from the GTS with Pokerus. Time to infect a bunch of my level 1 and work them up.

Edit: That's what the frown means, right?[/QUOTE]If its the face on the right side then it can no longer infect other pokemon w/ the pokerus (the pokemon itself will still have the condition though). The ones who can spread it are the ones with the letters "PKRS" in their status condition box.

Just ordered Heartgold for $28 from Amazon. I kind of wanted to get Soulsilver since I have Gold, but I mean it doesn't really matter except for the pokemon you encounter in the game. And with the GTS it really doesn't matter that much anymore.

Can't wait to play it! :D

[quote name='maigoyume']If its the face on the right side then it can no longer infect other pokemon w/ the pokerus (the pokemon itself will still have the condition though). The ones who can spread it are the ones with the letters "PKRS" in their status condition box.[/QUOTE]

That would explain why it's not spreading. It's a face on the right side. Guess I'll grab it out and work it up from level 1.

Anyone have an extra fire starter? That's the only Johto starter that I've not encountered since I took Totodile.

Edit: How do you get Daisy to give your pokemon a massage? I'm there and it's been 3-4 and she's talking about tea. She said that my eevee looked content.

I received my game today! Woot woot! I love the Pokewalker, so awesome! :D

I'll be playing this game constantly this whole week I bet.

Oooh... that doesn't sound good, lol. It's just like Abra, only shot you get is trying to capture with a Pokeball.

Back to playing Heartgold now.

[quote name='Droenixjpn']Oooh... that doesn't sound good, lol. It's just like Abra, only shot you get is trying to capture with a Pokeball.

Back to playing Heartgold now.[/QUOTE]

You can buy an abra at the voltorb coin game for like 200 points. I'd probably just do that.

[quote name='RichMeisterMan']You can buy an abra at the voltorb coin game for like 200 points. I'd probably just do that.[/QUOTE]

I just used the Fast Ball Kurt gave me on Abra. Works like a charm.

As others have stated, yes there was one released here in America called simply "Pokemon Trading Card Game" for the Game Boy Color. There was sequel a few years later for the Game Boy Color that included newer cards, but it was only released in Japan.

And there are tons of people that play the card game still. It's still as big if not bigger than the video game counterpart.

I have for trade Winner's Path Beldum, Duskull, Magikarp, and Bronzor. Looking for Winner's Path Munchlax and Horsea.

PM me if you're interested in trading.

[quote name='RichMeisterMan']I just caught a growlithe off route 36. What a TOTAL bitch that is! They rarely appear, and when they do they roar your punk ass out of the battle!!![/QUOTE]

Yeah, and that was where I found my Shiny Growlithe. First Shiny I ever ran into. I didn't have a masterball so you can imagine how worried I was that the bastard was going to roar me away. Fortunately, it didn't.

I never was able to catch a Growlithe on Route 36. I caught a Magmar in the Burnt Tower instead. I later caught a few in the grass south of the Safari Zone.

The worst is Pineco. I found before and it selfdestructed. I went looking for one again. First one I saw, I chucked an Ultra Ball and it caught it (it was a level 5 which makes it easier).

I just started HeartGold - it's my very first Pokemon game. I know nothing about the series other than it's a role playing game and I have to "catch 'em all" or something. So far so good - I'm about 30 minutes in and nothing has really happened. I have a blue lizard guy fighting for me and he is at level 10.

I think I am burned out on pokemon for the time being. I thought I'd jump back in once my finals were over, but each time I've tried I have gotten bored quickly. The pokewalker still gets used daily since I do not need to do anything besides put it in my pocket and build up watts, but other than that it seems time for a break.

Heh. I found myself stuck in the coin game. Every time I turned the game on it was staring at me, so I had to play it.

Im a lil poked out to so Ive been watching hulu catching up on tv i missed while sucked into the johto region.
Time to literally dust off the ps3

bread's done
Back