Official Pokemon Platinum Thread of Metagame, Friendcodes, Battling & Trading!

[quote name='yayece']:bomb: Oh man, that's awful. I always save my masterball for guys like this. You can always "work at" getting a running legendary and get it eventually.[/QUOTE]Yup. Except for my first very first pokemon game, I have saved all my masterballs for (hopefully) a cool shiny. I always have a strong pokie with false swipe in the party when I'm going against legendaries and running legendaries.
Shinies that explode, roar, whirlwind, etc. are gone for good. I always try to have my utility Smeargle out in front anyway in case I come across something good. (Level 100, Spore/False Swipe/Odor Sleuth/Covet)
Oh sweet! False Swipe and Covet?! That's brilliant. If only he had Pick Up as his ability...

As for the number of shinies you've found... Statistically speaking, it's probably "about right." (1/8192)
Oh, I dont feel too bad then. But I do get jealous when I hear about someone with a bunch of shinies and they haven't put nearly as much time into their game(s).

[quote name='Mr. Beef']I sure do. I don't have any free time now, but later this afternoon I should be free, if you are.[/QUOTE]Doh, we'll have to organize a time for trading. Any chance you'll be around tonight? I'll send you a PM in a second.

EDIT: I added my pearl code to the OP.

also, I dont know if it's been discussed within the thread, but in the OP it says you can only have one of any kind of Rotoms forms at any one time. That isn't true.

[quote name='guinaevere']I'm on Mr Beef. But I'm tired, gonna sit in the lobby for a little while longer before turning it off and calling it a night.[/QUOTE]
I'm logging on to Wi-Fi right now!

I am on the hunt for some Pokemon needed for collection purposes and would really appreciate anyone's help here. A trade-trade back would be enough, just to have the Pokedex filled, which in case of legendaries is probably the best way. I can offer almost every other poke that is not listed below and some extra legendaries for the trade. Please no nicknames; natures and all that stuff doesn't matter.

Here is what i need:

Kabuto/Kabutops
Mew
Sentret/Furret
Qwilfish
Kingdra/Dragon Scale
Entei
Suicune
Lugia
Ho-oh
Celebi
Mawile
Huntail/Deep Sea Tooth
Latias
Latios
Jirachi
Deoxys
Darkrai
Shaymin
Arceus

I just beat Cynthia for the first time in Platinum.

It figures she would end with a Garchomp. 4 of my Pokemon were knocked out at this point. SOMEHOW, my Togekiss survived a Dragon Rush so I did the best move ever: Yawn. On the next turn, Garchomp did Flamethrower. Togekiss would survive that since that isn't Garchomp's best stat but the lucky fucker got me Burned. Togekiss left a parting shot with an Air Slash that did a little over 25% damage and fainted.

My final Pokemon? Freeze Rotom. I set up my whole team since the beginning just for this moment. Even if Garchomp would be awake, he could only hit me with two attacks. Nuh-uh. This time, he was asleep. One Blizzard later from a Pokemon 10 levels lower than Garchomp and I won with only one remaining Pokemon. :D

To think I was going to grind my team to Level 55. I went into the E4 without even trying. And no saving either.

Be prepared for hell when fighting her the 2nd time.

My current team for beating Cynthia E4...

Magnezone, Roserade, Staraptor, Infernape, Weavile, Rhydon.

Move list doesn't matter too much, since it's a Story Mode team, but that's what works for me.

I've been doing all the post game stuff lately, beat the Elite 4 once and I'm about to start challenging them again. My in game is:

Heatran, Scizor, Garchomp, Torterra, Lapras

I'm still trying to decide on a 6th, and I'm not sure who I'm going to use. Otherwise, I'm about to star to put together a few new Pokemon for a more refined competitive team.

Wow, that shiny hatching guide is insane. It's amazing that someone programed an application that takes in all the stats to generate all that information. Still who woulda though that the odds of hatching an egg in this generation included how many times you use certain Poketch apps?

[quote name='Nohbdy']What? Where?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='SL4IN']Using the instruction they have posted in the OP here to the T, you should be able to hatch shiny Pokemon of anyone you want.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='BLink']I am on the hunt for some Pokemon needed for collection purposes and would really appreciate anyone's help here. A trade-trade back would be enough, just to have the Pokedex filled, which in case of legendaries is probably the best way. I can offer almost every other poke that is not listed below and some extra legendaries for the trade. Please no nicknames; natures and all that stuff doesn't matter.

Here is what i need:

Kabuto/Kabutops
Mew
Entei
Suicune
Lugia
Ho-oh
Celebi
Mawile
Huntail/Deep Sea Tooth
Latias
Latios
Jirachi
Deoxys
Darkrai
Shaymin
Arceus[/QUOTE]

Got a couple from the list, but still looking for the rest. Any help would be appreciated.

Here we are, something Ive wanted to do for a long time, update my trade list. This list includes very very rare pokes, so keep that in mind when offering:

Shinies (this is about 20% of my collection, all legit, natures available upon request):
Gardevoir level 30
EVd Skarmory level 100
UT Rayquaza level 70
UT Dratini level 16 (Adamant)
Salamence level 50
EVd Dragonite level 57
EVd Metagross level 50
UT Bagon level 26 (Adamant)
UT Buneary level 11
Crobat level 55
EVd Lucario level 50
almost UT Glaceon (Only evolved) level 16
UT Geodude level 21

Events (all UT):
TRU Shaymin x3
Space Center Deoxys
10 ANIV Raikou
Hayley Mew (Needs good offer as it came from my console)
PC Yokohama Pikachu

Last edited by a moderator:
Ya
Frolass and Arcanine
but i caught those and dont wanna trade them
I might have more
i think i traded them all cause they werent real ones

i wish i could im at work lots of stuff to do since im going on Vacation on Tuesday to MI
where they have no internet which sucks
so when i get back we can battle
ill have time to play pokemon and get a good team together

damn ud cream me
as i havent EV trained yet
need to trade some items over to my platinum
when i get back maybe you can help
gotta run

[quote name='BLink']
Here is what i need:
Kabuto/Kabutops
Mawile
Huntail/Deep Sea Tooth[/QUOTE]Dang you. I've been collecting deepsea scales, and now all you need is a deepsea tooth, which those flippin Sharpedos hate giving me. =P

Anyway, I can breed you the Kabuto and Mawile. But the Huntail, do you want that AND a tooth? I'd rather give a clampearl a deepsea tooth and trade it to you, so it evolves into Huntail.

[quote name='Filler2001']Here we are, something Ive wanted to do for a long time, update my trade list. This list includes very very rare pokes, so keep that in mind when offering:

Shinies (this is about 20% of my collection, all legit, natures available upon request):
UT Dratini level 16 (Adamant)[/QUOTE]:drool: Dragonair is imo, the prettiest Pokie there is. I'm so jealous of that shiney.

[quote name='guinaevere']Dang you. I've been collecting deepsea scales, and now all you need is a deepsea tooth, which those flippin Sharpedos hate giving me. =P

Anyway, I can breed you the Kabuto and Mawile. But the Huntail, do you want that AND a tooth? I'd rather give a clampearl a deepsea tooth and trade it to you, so it evolves into Huntail. [/QUOTE]

I wrote Huntail meaning that I need it in the pokedex, since i already have a Clampearl but without the deep sea tooth. So if you could get it to evolve in the trade that would be even better.

And thanks for the help. Is there anything specific you are looking for in that trade? I don't really have much to offer except all the other pokemon i didn't list.

And here's my Plat FC - 3008 4638 8823

Allright, Im going to post my entire collection of shinies/events now, if any trade interest, look at the post a few up that shows whats for grabs. Ill post nature, and whether its UT (untouched). I wont post level though, as I dont want to give my new team away:

Shinies:
Adamant Hitmontop
Mild Voltorb
Gentle Poliwhirl UT
Timid Azlef UT
Adamant Farfetch'd UT
Jolly Blissey
Modest Gardevoir
Docile Chickorita UT
Mild Mew UT
Adamant Dratini UT
Timid Salemance
Lonely Dragonite
Naughty Metagross
Adamant Bagon UT
Naughty Buneary UT
Adamant Slaking
Mild Crobat
Timid Gengar
Lonely Dragonite (different one)
Modest Glaceon *almost* UT
Relaxed Geodude UT
Timid Raikou UT
Modest Staryu UT
Jolly Tyranitar
Hasty Groudon UT
Adamant Aerodactyl UT
Adamant Gallade
Naive Latios
Jolly Rayquaza UT
Careful Metagross
Adamant Gyarados
Quirky Giratina
Docile Regirock UT
Bold Latias UT
Adamant Mamoswine
Brave Registeel UT
Modest Kyogre UT
Timid Porygon-Z UT
Lax Kingdra
Bold Suicune UT
Impish Regice UT
Hardy Lickitung UT

Events (ALL UT):
Red Metagross Brave
Wishmaker Jirachy Naughty
Space Center Deoxys Adamant
10ANIV Raikou Hardy
TRU Shaymin Modest x3
10ANIV Celebi Bold
PBR Pikachu Hardy
My Pokemon Ranch Mew Modest
Ranger Manaphy Quirky
TRU Dragonite Mild
VGC Milotic Timid
PC Yokohama Pikachu Modest

Theres probably a few more in another box, but thats basically it.

[quote name='guinaevere']Dang you. I've been collecting deepsea scales, and now all you need is a deepsea tooth, which those flippin Sharpedos hate giving me. =P
[/QUOTE]

I assume you used a Pokemon with the Compound Eyes ability, right? Even then, still a pain in the ass (don't have either the tooth or the scale, just based on my experience with getting a Magmarizer).

[quote name='BLink']I wrote Huntail meaning that I need it in the pokedex, since i already have a Clampearl but without the deep sea tooth. So if you could get it to evolve in the trade that would be even better. [/QUOTE]Okay, no problem.

And thanks for the help. Is there anything specific you are looking for in that trade? I don't really have much to offer except all the other pokemon i didn't list.

And here's my Plat FC - 3008 4638 8823
Hrmm.. Lemme see. How about a Lairon? And then just whatever.

I'll try, but I can't gurantee I'll be on tonight at 11 EST. My pearl FC is in the OP.

[quote name='Filler2001']Allright, Im going to post my entire collection of shinies/events now, [/QUOTE]That list is INSANE!!! Gad.

I'd so love to relieve you of that Dratini and/or Celebi, but I dont have anything special to part with. The Legendaries I have I've either spent way too much time getting, or were special event downloads that I just dont want to see go. The only shinies I have that I got from GTS that I'd be willing to trade are Wigglytuff, Unown, Beautifly, Floatzel and possibly Magnezone.

[quote name='DQT']I assume you used a Pokemon with the Compound Eyes ability, right? Even then, still a pain in the ass (don't have either the tooth or the scale, just based on my experience with getting a Magmarizer).[/QUOTE]Oh, does that help? No, I just use my team with an Aipom with Covent which I use for breeding. And I use the super rod in areas where Seadra, Chinchou/lantern or Sharpedo are. It's time consuming because most of the time I reel in those stupid gyrados or Octillary or some other annoying pokie.

I did grab an extra deepsea scale last night if you want/need. Which pokie has the magmarizer?

[quote name='guinaevere'][quote name='DQT']I assume you used a Pokemon with the Compound Eyes ability, right? Even then, still a pain in the ass (don't have either the tooth or the scale, just based on my experience with getting a Magmarizer).[/QUOTE]
Oh, does that help? No, I just use my team with an Aipom with Covent which I use for breeding. And I use the super rod in areas where Seadra, Chinchou/lantern or Sharpedo are. It's time consuming because most of the time I reel in those stupid gyrados or Octillary or some other annoying pokie.
[/QUOTE]
If you have a Compound Eyes pokemon in your lead slot, the item drop rate increases. (Supposedly doubles?) It even works if the pokemon has fainted. Thus, people like the following setup to hunt items:
Slot 1: Fainted Compound Eyes pokemon
Slot 2: Banette with the Frisk ability, and the move Thief.
Since the slot 1 guy is KO'd, Banette comes out. Its ability Frisk will tell you if the wild pokemon is holding an item or not. If it's not holding anything, you can run. It's a little faster than trying to covet/thief, even if covet/thief is able to steal/KO in 1 turn. Thief only has like 10 PP, but you only need to use it when you know the wild pokemon has an item.

Which pokie has the magmarizer?
Magby... You'll need either Leaf Green or Fire Red slotted, I forget which. Elekid shows up with the other game.

[quote name='yayece']If you have a Compound Eyes pokemon in your lead slot, the item drop rate increases. (Supposedly doubles?) It even works if the pokemon has fainted. Thus, people like the following setup to hunt items:
Slot 1: Fainted Compound Eyes pokemon
Slot 2: Banette with the Frisk ability, and the move Thief.
Since the slot 1 guy is KO'd, Banette comes out. Its ability Frisk will tell you if the wild pokemon is holding an item or not. If it's not holding anything, you can run. It's a little faster than trying to covet/thief, even if covet/thief is able to steal/KO in 1 turn. Thief only has like 10 PP, but you only need to use it when you know the wild pokemon has an item.[/quote]Ahh... Thanks a million. That'll help speed things up a bit. I'm good with Covet, as most of the time it is a OHKO, and it's about a 40 PP.

Magby... You'll need either Leaf Green or Fire Red slotted, I forget which. Elekid shows up with the other game.
Argh. I knew parting with all my GBA games was a mistake.

Isn't Magmaruzer a near 100% rate with regular Magmars in Platinum? I know I have a few sitting around that I'm never going to use.

[quote name='Mr. Beef']Isn't Magmaruzer a near 100% rate with regular Magmars in Platinum? I know I have a few sitting around that I'm never going to use.[/QUOTE]
Haha, you could very well be right. I'm not really up to date on Platinum quite yet. Apparently you can get Electrizers in Platinum too! Indeed, having to slot GBA games is "cool" but kind of annoying for players.

As Sl4in pointed out, this could soon be remedied with the release of SoulSilver and HeartGold.

On a somewhat related note, is there a way to transfer a large number of Pokemon between games besides trading? That's really tedious. I'm thinking that I'll eventually get one of the remakes, and I want to move a ton of Pokemon to it from Diamond. Maybe Pokemon Ranch? I'm asking here because this thread seems to be the most active with the most knowledgeable people.;)

[quote name='guinaevere']Okay, no problem.

Hrmm.. Lemme see. How about a Lairon? And then just whatever.

I'll try, but I can't gurantee I'll be on tonight at 11 EST. My pearl FC is in the OP.[/QUOTE]

I have Lairon ready, but I'm not sure when I'll be able to go online. I'll drop you a PM some time before I'm on the next time.

[quote name='DQT']On a somewhat related note, is there a way to transfer a large number of Pokemon between games besides trading? That's really tedious. I'm thinking that I'll eventually get one of the remakes, and I want to move a ton of Pokemon to it from Diamond. Maybe Pokemon Ranch?[/QUOTE]
Unfortunately no. :cry: Pokemon Box was a great way for the GBA games, but nothing like that exists for the DS generation. Pokemon Ranch lets you deposit/withdraw pokemon, but you can't withdraw pokemon that originated from a different cart.

[quote name='BLink']I have Lairon ready, but I'm not sure when I'll be able to go online. I'll drop you a PM some time before I'm on the next time.[/QUOTE]
No problem.

Anyone need a Dragon Scale?

[quote name='yayece']Unfortunately no. :cry: Pokemon Box was a great way for the GBA games, but nothing like that exists for the DS generation. Pokemon Ranch lets you deposit/withdraw pokemon, but you can't withdraw pokemon that originated from a different cart.[/QUOTE]

Another reason why the Stadium games are still way, way better than the newer GC/Wii games. The Stadium games let you transfer entire boxes of Pokemon without any fuss.

Im back from vacation.
I finally beat the E4 since I had stopped playin Pokemon for my 360.
Ive been doing odd things like raising Pokemon Glaceon- ice beam, hail, avalanche
and some othe Pokemon.
Catching legends and chillin.
Now in between battling to raise some Pokemon Im working on completing my Pokedex which is like under 100. Itll be awhile but i can do it, since i did it on Diamond.

FUN FUN FUN

Still working on my team but it will be up soon

Catch you Pokemon guys later

PS anyone got an extra deoxys to trade. Ill have some more pokemon to trade once i restart my emerald.

He's just one Pokemon on a team, That's Just what is has no which I like.
Hail helps evade, and hurts them a tad.
Avalanche does double when im hit first and with Glaceon slow speed is good
and ice beam is all around good move

[quote name='adriley313']He's just one Pokemon on a team, That's Just what is has no which I like.
Hail helps evade, and hurts them a tad.
Avalanche does double when im hit first and with Glaceon slow speed is good
and ice beam is all around good move[/QUOTE]
if you pair glaceon with abomasnow theres no need for hail. and two ice moves on the same set wont get you enough coverage.you can drop avalanche for shadow ball or something.

Updated OP with new info regarding the Jirachi Mystery Gift that started today for Japanese copies of Diamond, Pearl & Platinum.

Adriley needs to sign on aim once and a while :(.............and unfortunately yeah, that is not a pretty glaceon. Hail OU teams only need abomasnow for hail, and there is never a good scenario to have more than one attack of the same type. For example, let me show you a kingler of my UU team:
Shiny Kingler
Life Orb
Jolly
251/359/265/121/135/273
-Swords Dance
-Crab Hammer
-Rock Slide
-Brick Break

Sometimes the 2x of super effective is worth more than the 1.5x of STAB. And also, if you wanna run hail, use blizzard over ice beam. Blizzard=100% accuracy in hail

[quote name='Filler2001']and there is never a good scenario to have more than one attack of the same type.[/QUOTE]
Never say never! There are a few scenarios where you do want 2 attacks of the same type. Granted, they are uncommon and the 2nd attack usually has an extra benefit (such as Quick Attack, et. al.).

bread's done
Back