Official Pokemon Platinum Thread of Metagame, Friendcodes, Battling & Trading!

If anyone has any of the following to trade i'm looking for

ditto
charmander
squirtel
magby

also if anyone has any legendarys they can just battle me with so I can get them in my dex.

Thanks guys

Still looking for a magby or magby egg. With or without magmizer.
(although it would be nice)

Friend Code: Adam (rhippo) 3867-7177-8483

Anyone got any ideas.
Im trying to get Darkrai but everytime i try to connect to Wifi at my local library and hospital i can never get conected.
any ideas

[quote name='adriley313']Anyone got any ideas.
Im trying to get Darkrai but everytime i try to connect to Wifi at my local library and hospital i can never get conected.
any ideas[/QUOTE]

Have you tried Starbucks? They tend to have great signal.

[quote name='D_Icon']Cool a Pokemon thread.

Are we allowed to trade Pokemon obtained from the GameShark?[/QUOTE]

Competitive people won't touch hacked Pokemon, nor will anyone that cares will in this thread. Trade at your own risk.

[quote name='Rhippo']Still looking for a magby or magby egg. With or without magmizer.
(although it would be nice)

Friend Code: Adam (rhippo) 3867-7177-8483[/QUOTE]

I can look and see what I've got. I think I've got a spare one you can just have.

[quote name='SL4IN']

I can look and see what I've got. I think I've got a spare one you can just have.[/QUOTE]

That would be awesome.

Also looking for growlwith if anyone can help. THANKS

Last edited by a moderator:
when is pokemon gold and silver remakes coming out i still have $40 on my game crazy gift card just waiting to buy one though im gonna buy both cause im a pokefreak like that

Need help filling the 6th spot on my team:

Currently:
Torterra
Luxray
Kadabra
Gyrados
And that bird Pokemon that I can't for the life of me remember, but its basically the Pidgeotto of Platinum

I'm considering either Haunter or Infernape for the 6th spot. But having used both a bit, I really don't like the defense stat of either one. They seem to get KOed by 1 hit ALL the damn time.

I just got the 5th badge and the line-up's levels vary from 30-33.

You have Staraptor, good sir.

Infernape is incredibly useful during the story, but if you're interested in catching legendaries, go with Haunter.

If your Luxray has Thunder Wave though, then this is a moot point.

[quote name='Mr. Beef']You have Staraptor, good sir.

Infernape is incredibly useful during the story, but if you're interested in catching legendaries, go with Haunter.

If your Luxray has Thunder Wave though, then this is a moot point.[/QUOTE]

Does it learn Thunder Wave through leveling or do I have to teach it?

Also, what does having a Haunter have to do with catching legendaries? I'm assuming because it's useful for causing conditions (ie sleep, confusion)?

Ergh, looks like you have to give Luxray the Thunder Wave TM (like I needed another reason to dislike Luxray).

You are correct about Haunter. Sleep is typically better than Paralysis when it comes to making PKMN easier to catch, but they both are good.

As far as "catcher" pokemon go, Smeargle is the most versatile. Spore and False Swipe are a given. Foresight or Odor Sleuth will let you hit ghosts. The last move slot is up to you, but I like Covet. Other options are Mean-Look/Spiderweb, Swords Dance, or Ingrain.

I haven't kept up with the events that Nintendo does, but I see I missed out on the WiFi Darkrai and Rotom events. Do these events repeat every few months, or is it one and done? I'm definitely picking it up before November 8th so I can get in on the Shaymin Event at least, though I'll be bummed if I can't get my own Darkrai.

I can never get my ds to work and i want Shaymin so bad.
Then if you get the Jirachu that comes out later it unlocks a walk in HeartGold/SoulSilver.
Maybe I can send it to a CAG to get it for me cause i want it bad.

I didn't notice this posted in the OP, but I could be blind. Oaks Letter is available for download into platinum to get Shaymin until November something.

Yes i saw it on Serebii.com
It sucks bc around me i cant get Wifi around me so i cant download it.
Though when Jirachu comes up it will unlock some paths in the new pkmn games

[quote name='guinaevere']I didn't notice this posted in the OP, but I could be blind. Oaks Letter is available for download into platinum to get Shaymin until November something.[/QUOTE]

o rly.

Is it an end-game situation? I've been playing Platinum on and off since the game came out and am only just got the 6th badge.

[quote name='A Happy Panda']o rly.

Is it an end-game situation? I've been playing Platinum on and off since the game came out and am only just got the 6th badge.[/QUOTE]

Yes. You need to have beaten the Elite Four to get to the path to acquire Shaymin. I don't know whether or not you can download Oak's Letter before that point, but you can't get the Pokemon before then.

I got mine Sunday night -- changed it to the much cooler Sky Forme yesterday morning :)

[quote name='guinaevere']I didn't notice this posted in the OP, but I could be blind. Oaks Letter is available for download into platinum to get Shaymin until November something.[/QUOTE]
Badass! Thanks for the head's up.

Just reached Hearthome in Platinum. What on earth did they do to Pokemon contests? I loved these before. All the pink and silly decorating your Pokemon and so on is just repulsive. This coming from a girl gamer, no less.

[quote name='Mr. Beef']Glad I'm not the only one who missed the Ruby/Sapphire Pokemon Contests. :([/QUOTE]

I spent a lot of time in Ruby training my Pokemon for the various contests. Now I don't even want to mess around with the contests. The new contest style is just a travesty.

I remember being excited for the contests in Pearl, but not wanting to put time into them until I beat the game and could import my contest winners from the GBA games.

My Tough Rhydon didn't know what to do, the poor guy.

Pokemon is one of those few games that I can come back to after month's of not playing. Just picked up the game again today, after not playing since around July. Just saw my first Haunter. They look really cool in this game.

[quote name='Nathan_Sama']Wow I just caught a shiny Geodude at the mines lol[/QUOTE]

I only saw a Shiny once. I think it was in Ruby. I was level-grinding, and I wasn't paying that much attention, and didn't realize it was a shiny until too late. :cry:

So congrats. A shiny Geodude is awesome.

Really disliked this gen's contests too. All my winners from Emerald could not get the Master ribbons because I didn't give a shit about the tacked on touch screen minigames (the dressing game and the rhythm game both sucked). It was way more fun and satisfying in R/S/E whereas in D/P it was just maddening.

Yes i agree I could get up to the ultra but never master the new ones.
It helps if you have the huge 400+ guide and it gives hints about what items to use in what contest but i miss the good old contest

But im excited about the bug catching contest in g/s those were fun.
And the old school safari zone.

You're not going to miss out since Heart Gold and Soul Silver only require just to have Rotom in front of your team at Silph Co.

Sweet i cant wait for HeartGold. thats the one ill get.
I cant wait for the pedometer and to see my Espeon or Gallade follow me.

[quote name='Nohbdy']ARR

SEE

US[/QUOTE]

They need to stop distributing this stuff via TRU. As much as I hate to do it, I'll probably have to score one over WiFi trading that will no doubt be duped.

[quote name='adriley313']damn the closet toy r us is too far from me
DAMNNNNNNNNNNN[/QUOTE]

Meh, I've got one about an hour round trip away, but I very rarely go that way, and I can't stand TRU anyway. I don't want to spend ~$7 in gas, over an hour of my time, at a store I hate just to get a pokemon.

If they'd do this stuff at like Walmart or something, it's only like 3 minutes from my house so I could get in on these things, but I'm sure TRU pays money to get them in their store.

I have a Toys R Us only a few miles away. Too bad it'll be level 100. I won't be able to do a thing with it for a while. *only has 3 gym badges*

Guess I should obviously stop typing and go grind.

We're at about the same place in the game utopianmachine, I took a long hiatus but I started playing again recently as well. At least these event Pokemon give us something to look forward to.

I beat Plat and am playing Dragon quest Joker to get a semi poke fix until Heart Gold comes out.
It suks i dont have wifi at home like i did when plat came out i traded a lot and battled with friends.

Got my copy in the mail over the weekend, have 2 badges so far. I need to hurry up and get to the breeding family so I can get some pokemon on my team that I actually like.

The GTS seems pretty dead at the moment :(

Anyone willing to trade a growlithe and a ditto? All I really have to trade at the moment is a female Eevee, though I could make some Turtwigs after I get the ditto.

Also, I can trade for growlithe and ditto even though I don't have a national dex, right?

[quote name='Ryukahn']Also, I can trade for growlithe and ditto even though I don't have a national dex, right?[/QUOTE]

Yes, you can. I only had two badges, and I actually bought 6 Pokemon on eBay a while back. I'm sure they're hacks or something, but it doesn't bother me. I purchased a Mewtwo (I've ALWAYS wanted one), a Mew, Meowth, Igglybuff, Rayquaza, and a Ditto. The transaction maybe cost me $3. I've since breeded with my Pokemon Ranger Manaphy to get Phione, and of course, created Piplups, Chimchars, and Turtwigs after trading different level 1 newborns.

(My fiance and I couldn't stop laughing the other day during this breeding process. He was at my computer playing World of Goo, and I was nearby playing Platinum, saying, "C'mon breed! Gotta sell your babies!")

Ha!

Yeah I thought so, but just wanted to double check.

I forgot, but I can also breed an Aipom if anyone wants, though I seriously doubt anybody needs these pokemon I'm offering so late after release. ;)

BTW, if you don't mind hacks, you should check out gamefaqs. I've seen people there make free ones when they are bored.

bread's done
Back