Official Pokemon Platinum Thread of Metagame, Friendcodes, Battling & Trading!

I'm doing all the battle tower stuff. I'm really enjoying the single Pokemon tower. After 49 fights, you get to fight the tower head to which I would have beat, but she got a critical and it was lights out for me. The Nidoking I built for the tower was just absolutely wrecking shop.

If anyone could help me get these item I would greatly appreciate it, i can trade for any of the regular pokemon. What i need is TM26 Earthquake, TM64 Explosion and 2 Red Shards.

I can get you the TM's, but I'll have to check if I have any spare red shards.

Also, just as a reminder, for those that have Japanese copies of Pokemon Diamond, Pearl, or Platinum, today is the last day that you can download the Level 5 Jirachi that knows Draco Meteor and unlocks special areas in Heart Gold & Soul Silver & the PokeWalker.

The only Pokemon I'm currently looking for is a Yanma. If you've got one to spare, that would be great. Otherwise, I'm not really looking for anything in particular.

I'll breed you one right now. And you don't happen to have a spare deepseetooth by any chance right?

My FC is 3008 4638 8823. I should be able to go online at any time today.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='SL4IN']I'm doing all the battle tower stuff. I'm really enjoying the single Pokemon tower. After 49 fights, you get to fight the tower head to which I would have beat, but she got a critical and it was lights out for me. The Nidoking I built for the tower was just absolutely wrecking shop.[/QUOTE]

Which is harder: the Emerald or Platinum Frontier?

I think I'm free until this afternoon. The GF has a doctor appointment at 2, so I'm hopefully free until then. I'll be checking CAG about every 10 minutes or so if you can trade.

Man, is anyone else here annoyed by all the people on GTS that will only trade their pokemon for a legendary? They swear like they are going to get a Mew for their Starly.

Oh, and if I find a reasonable trade, like my Piplup for their Chimchar, I can't trade with them because they want a LV 100 Piplup for their LV 3 Chimchar. I just wish you can see what level pokemon they want because I go out of my way to catch a pokemon they requested, like Laparus, and turns out I can't trade it because they want to be a jerk and ask for LV 100. Ugh it makes me so mad.

Also, how are people asking for pokemon like Squirtle if you can't see one in the game? Well actually, I have seen a Squirtle in that one tower where you can only use rentles, but it didn't appear in my pokedex. The only way I can think of is by importing one, but if they already imported one, then why would they ask for another?

The way do that is to do a trade back. Have a friend trade you then trade back.
Or if someone uses it in a battle it will be logged in your Pokedex, but you have to complete the battle.

PS your trainer card is cool, thoughs whats up with the Rattata

Isn't there a way to snyc your DS and Wii so that when trades go through on the GTS you're informed about it on the Wii? It'd be nice to know without checking the DS periodically.

[quote name='utopianmachine']Isn't there a way to snyc your DS and Wii so that when trades go through on the GTS you're informed about it on the Wii? It'd be nice to know without checking the DS periodically.[/QUOTE]

You can do that but only in Platinum. There's an option for that before you choose a new game or to continue.

Man, a few things have been bugging me for a while:
1) is it possible to get through the door that the maid blocks at the far right end of the poke mansion?
2) what is up with the rock at the end of route 224? I have a feeling it might be linked with Arceus.
3) does the message at the end of the unknow cave serve any purpose?
4) In the Old Chateau:
*what is with the ghost of the guy in the middle room on the first floor?
*In the room to right as you first enter the Old Chateau, the old notebook reads: "Som...hing so pecu...r shou... make off ..ith the mot...". Is it talking about Rotom?
*Go up the stairs and in the middle door. After the sceen loads, go one room over to the right and there is a purple picture with what appears to have glowing red eyes that dissapper when you get too close to it. Does it have a purpose? Also, when I enter this room, a little girl is in the room to the right. She looks in your direction, then leaves the room and dissappears. I have only seen her today while I was posting this, so I'm guessing she may only appear on Friday. Perhaps other people (same family?) appear on different days in different rooms (like the old man in the first floor).
5) Metapod VS Kakuna. Who will win?

[quote name='popular penguin']man, a few things have been bugging me for a while:
1) is it possible to get through the door that the maid blocks at the far right end of the poke mansion?
2) what is up with the rock at the end of route 224? I have a feeling it might be linked with arceus.
3) does the message at the end of the unknow cave serve any purpose?
4) in the old chateau:
*what is with the ghost of the guy in the middle room on the first floor?
*in the room to right as you first enter the old chateau, the old notebook reads: "som...hing so pecu...r shou... Make off ..ith the mot...". Is it talking about rotom?
*go up the stairs and in the middle door. After the sceen loads, go one room over to the right and there is a purple picture with what appears to have glowing red eyes that dissapper when you get too close to it. Does it have a purpose? Also, when i enter this room, a little girl is in the room to the right. She looks in your direction, then leaves the room and dissappears. I have only seen her today while i was posting this, so i'm guessing she may only appear on friday. Perhaps other people (same family?) appear on different days in different rooms (like the old man in the first floor).
5) metapod vs kakuna. Who will win?[/quote]
1) I don't think so. I believe she's merely a placeholder.
2) It's related to the Shaymin Event. Until you get a specific Key Item, it doesn't do anything.
3) No, but have fun deciphering the message anyways (it's not important, honestly).
4) They're ghosts, and don't have any real value to the game.
5) Kakuna, thanks to chance of poisoning.

[quote name='BLink']You can do that but only in Platinum. There's an option for that before you choose a new game or to continue.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info. I tried setting this up twice today but with no luck. Each time, my DSi tells me it transmitted the registration code to my Wii, but my Wii never shows that it got it. I guess I'll have to ask the Nintendo Tech Support forums.

this is a foolish question but err was I able to get the Rotom key and darkrai on my pokemon pearl? lol I got both for plat but i was wondering bout pearl

I'm not too bothered at all since I have a Darkrai, but I mean c'mon, why not? It's like last gen and the Old Sea Chart. Nintendo did do the right thing in how they distributed Mew but I still would have liked to visit the island where you catch it.

I'm tired of the platinum only events. I only have pearl. At this point, they're discouraging me from buying platinum later (if I'd ever decide to) since I know I'd have missed a bunch of events.

Come on N...include D/P.

[quote name='mcelfour']I'm tired of the platinum only events. I only have pearl. At this point, they're discouraging me from buying platinum later (if I'd ever decide to) since I know I'd have missed a bunch of events.

Come on N...include D/P.[/QUOTE]

To be fair, the Rotom formes were added exclusively to Platinum (possibly all games going forward). But still... I agree.

[quote name='DQT']To be fair, the Rotom formes were added exclusively to Platinum (possibly all games going forward). But still... I agree.[/QUOTE]

I know, but it was probably possible to let me get the secret key so later I can send it with a pokemon in a trade or something. Maybe not, I don't know for sure. Or not make something like that an event?

Regardless, I'm feeling left out, resentful, and unlikely to get platinum for myself (I might give it as a gift or something, rather than a D/P copy).

I'll probably just get HG/SS in the spring.

[quote name='popular penguin']I just caught a shiny Machoke! w00t![/QUOTE]

High five! Always gotta be careful lest it use Submission and knock itself out. I have a shiny Machoke in my Diamond too. I'm hesitant to evolve it.

update all
Hey guys neeb away for awhile but i picked up Platinum and went to the frontier and been having fun
here my team so far

Espeon-
Psychic
Shadow Ball
Signal Beam
Toxic

Togekiss
Air Slash
Aura Sphere
Yawn

Houndoom
Flamethrower
Will o wisp
crunch
sludge bomb

Espeon is best when i using him most of the time they never get to my support team
what do you guys thing. I just retrained a new Espeon and its beast.

I also got a Tru Mew and Jirachu not fake ones.
Now i got 2 Mew

[quote name='adriley313']whats the azure flute do?[/QUOTE]

It's a Nintendo event item which lets you get Arceus.

Just got platinum yesterday. May be looking for some trades later on if anyone is breeding.

Friend Code: Adam (rhippo) 3867-7177-8483

bread's done
Back