Official Sacramento Area CAG thread

lawdood

CAGiversary!
Feedback
19 (100%)
Hey all, how many other Sac area CAG's do we have out there? I've seen a few post here and there but figure there must be even more. It would be nice to have a thread where we could post area finds, maybe even help each other out on finding some of these deals.

I'm in the Citrus Heights/ Roseville area myself.

Hey Everyone! I just realized we had this thread, Antelope represent! A couple years back I met a cag in a toys r us when they had glitches in the system. It was pretty random and awesome to meet someone like that.

I have never had the pleasure of meeting a fellow CAG out in the wild yet, that's pretty cool.

I was in both of the goodwills in Roseville yesterday, they had alot of nothing. Correction they did have two overpriced original Xboxes.

It seems that the number of local CAGs aware of this thread has jumped quite a bit. Hopefully that means we can share more deals with eachother.

[quote name='mrsilkunderwear']Hey Everyone! I just realized we had this thread, Antelope represent! A couple years back I met a cag in a toys r us when they had glitches in the system. It was pretty random and awesome to meet someone like that.[/QUOTE]

That was me I think. Roseville tru ?

Costanza would you happen to be the same costanza from Neogaf? Didn't realize you were local if so. Roseville represent.

The weather down here is crazy. A few days of sunshine and allergies followed by hail, thunder and tornado warnings. Then it repeats.

[quote name='Mad D']The weather down here is crazy. A few days of sunshine and allergies followed by hail, thunder and tornado warnings. Then it repeats.[/QUOTE]

It just started to hail outside my office door here in Fair Oaks. Crazy. I want the sunshine. I'm a runner & biker. This weather is killing me.

[quote name='tholly']It just started to hail outside my office door here in Fair Oaks. Crazy. I want the sunshine. I'm a runner & biker. This weather is killing me.[/QUOTE]
Well passed by my area for now. Maybe you can get a run in on Friday evening since it's suppose to be sunny again by then, by this weekend it's suppose to be back to showers again :lol:

[quote name='Mad D']Well passed by my area for now. Maybe you can get a run in on Friday evening since it's suppose to be sunny again by then, by this weekend it's suppose to be back to showers again :lol:[/QUOTE]

I'll probably end up doing some rain runs....oh well. At least for biking, I have an indoor trainer set for my road bike, so at least I can get some time in on the bike.....albeit in front of the TV.

Hey I am just curious, last week I was in Staples in Rosevile(the one on Stanford Ranch) and overheard one of the workers there talking about CAG. I was just wondering if it was one of us already in the Sacramento thread or not.

[quote name='ImLuhkee']Hey I am just curious, last week I was in Staples in Rosevile(the one on Stanford Ranch) and overheard one of the workers there talking about CAG. I was just wondering if it was one of us already in the Sacramento thread or not.[/QUOTE]

Would be nice if we had cags from retailers in town to help us with penny guides, drops, and clearance stuff. Too bad staples doesn't have games.

[quote name='GeorgeCostanza']Would be nice if we had cags from retailers in town to help us with penny guides, drops, and clearance stuff. Too bad staples doesn't have games.[/QUOTE]

I agree, is there any retail CAGs in the area?

[quote name='mrsilkunderwear']I work in Best Buy.[/QUOTE]

That's great, which one do you work out of? You know when we come by for great deals!

[quote name='ImLuhkee']I agree, is there any retail CAGs in the area?[/QUOTE]

I work at Target on Fulton and Alta Arden, I'm about to be moved to Electronics and I can be on the lookout for clearance there, I also shop all the time at the Target on 4th (the new one off 65th and highway 50). Picked up Vanquish there for only $7 and they had like 20 copies of that Truth or lies game for $3.

I was in there(bestbuy roseville) last week. So whenever I'm in the store next time and need some help I will ask if mrsilkunderwear is working, I'm sure they will know who you are! lol

Target on Fulton? How long you been there?

So I'll be coming back to Sacramento for a month next week, is there any good concerts or events going on anytime soon? I'm looking for stuff to do.

[quote name='ImLuhkee']I was in there(bestbuy roseville) last week. So whenever I'm in the store next time and need some help I will ask if mrsilkunderwear is working, I'm sure they will know who you are! lol

Target on Fulton? How long you been there?[/QUOTE]

8 Months now

[quote name='Amblix']So I'll be coming back to Sacramento for a month next week, is there any good concerts or events going on anytime soon? I'm looking for stuff to do.[/QUOTE]

Soundgarden and Mars Volta are playing in SF in about a month.

[quote name='mrsilkunderwear']Roseville.[/QUOTE]

So is that why I've struck out on penny guides there recently? :cool:

Do you ever get involved in the penny guides?, would be great if you could help with those.

[quote name='GeorgeCostanza']So is that why I've struck out on penny guides there recently? :cool:

Do you ever get involved in the penny guides?, would be great if you could help with those.[/QUOTE]

I would like to help but I am actually always late to the party. They are always gone as soon as I find out but I will keep my eye out and buy several when I get a chance for my CAG homies.

[quote name='Beatofficer']Anyone into Dredge want to go in August at Ace of Spades?[/QUOTE]

Like, the band Dredg? If so, I definitely think I'll take you up on that offer.

@Beatofficer
Do you know if they have this kind of deal in your target or any local targets, I would totally be in for a Rockband 3 keyboard bundle for that kind of pricing.

I know seriously, one day it's blazing hot the next day it's raining. Pretty weird, hopefully it clears up today and we see some more of that sunshine.

Anyone get in on the guitar hero TRU deal for 15 bucks? Just curious if anyone was able to get it to work. They show sold out for all the bundles around here. But not sure if the TRU website is working.

Got the Citrus Heights Walmart to price match the TRU coupon for the guitar & game bundle (got the last 360 bundle). Heck of a deal!

I remember looking for that in the early morning.. like 4 AM when people discovered it. Didn't find any around Sacramento area, but then again i was only wanting the DJ Hero 2 bundle and there were none around. Heard it was very lucky if you got it anyways since they sent out a mass email about not honoring it.

[quote name='El Rey']Got the Citrus Heights Walmart to price match the TRU coupon for the guitar & game bundle (got the last 360 bundle). Heck of a deal![/QUOTE]

That damn walmart is so YMMV. I have tried to prie match before, reg sale stuff not coupons, and always get laughed at in roseville.

I guess the roseville TRU did have bundles for a bit even though their site said otherwise. The guy working there said they thought the coupon was fake but the manager did the text and got it, so they honored it.

Was anyone here successful with the Best Bug Borderland GOTY 9.99 deal? I really wanted to grab one, but fear it came and went like a flash. The Midtown based CAG here

Seen countless people still looking for them, but fairly sure Sacramento and it's surroundings are bone dry.

Got a 32gb at the Elk Grove Best Buy this morning. There were 8 16gbs and 10 32 gbs. Got there about 7:45AM and was 10th in line. Apparently Arden had none, but Citrus Heights and Folsom had some.

Edit: Guess I was wrong. Arden did get about 25

Last edited by a moderator:
I wish I had the money to spend on a tablet. Unfortunately I can't even afford the 99$ Touchpad right now. :(

Wonder what would be a good central spot for us to meet up and do stuff. Downtown? If we did this on a consistent basis, I wouldn't mind throwing a CAG get together at my house.

[quote name='Beatofficer']Wonder what would be a good central spot for us to meet up and do stuff. Downtown? If we did this on a consistent basis, I wouldn't mind throwing a CAG get together at my house.[/QUOTE]

As long as it's not the Gamestop that you make little boys cry, just kidding! By the way for the record which Gamestop was that anyways?

[quote name='ImLuhkee']As long as it's not the Gamestop that you make little boys cry, just kidding! By the way for the record which Gamestop was that anyways?[/QUOTE]

The one on Arden!

bread's done
Back