Official Sacramento Area CAG thread

lawdood

CAGiversary!
Feedback
19 (100%)
Hey all, how many other Sac area CAG's do we have out there? I've seen a few post here and there but figure there must be even more. It would be nice to have a thread where we could post area finds, maybe even help each other out on finding some of these deals.

I'm in the Citrus Heights/ Roseville area myself.

I'm getting rid of Dark Souls (X360) and Hardback Manual both for 50 bucks if anyone's interested in Sac. PM me and I'll give you my number. Its in mint condition never even played.

in rancho cordova the blockbuster is closing everything is only 10 percent off now but there will be more reductions in price in the coming weeks.the employee there said they plan on closing by the end of feb

It may be just bad luck for me but I've found it extremely difficult to price match at the Elk Grove Best Buy. I was never able to price match any DOTD from bestbuy.com in store. Hell, they wouldn't even price match an in-store pick up order that was backordered due to supposedly being out of stock...even though I had the item in my hand -_-

[quote name='GundamFan']It may be just bad luck for me but I've found it extremely difficult to price match at the Elk Grove Best Buy. I was never able to price match any DOTD from bestbuy.com in store. Hell, they wouldn't even price match an in-store pick up order that was backordered due to supposedly being out of stock...even though I had the item in my hand -_-[/QUOTE]

Citrus heights best buy is just as bad. Only luck I have ever had is at Roseville. Even then just depends on the employee.

[quote name='GundamFan']It may be just bad luck for me but I've found it extremely difficult to price match at the Elk Grove Best Buy. I was never able to price match any DOTD from bestbuy.com in store. Hell, they wouldn't even price match an in-store pick up order that was backordered due to supposedly being out of stock...even though I had the item in my hand -_-[/QUOTE]

Really? I usually have no problems at the Elk Grove Best Buy. I grab the game walk to customer service and tell them where it is on sale and they look it up and match it. I have only had them call the competing store once to see if it is in stock. Just recently got Rayman Origins price matched to toys r us in Elk Grove when it was on sale for $20. The manager looked it up on TRU website and said sure and matched it right there at the customer service desk.

I have a lot of Japanese manga in Chinese prints.
Willing to selling them really cheap.
Includes Dragon Ball, City Hunter, Ranma 1/2, etc.

PM me for more info. Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Any old timers find dimple records to be the most worthless place for retro games? The place has always been bad because of the employees besides the fact that they all have a stick up there ass. Dimple allows employees to take games before they have even been traded in they let them place holds on games while they are still in the process of the trade in. :roll:

5 Years ago it was amazing I got finds EVERY TIME i went there for retro games, now everyone has a smart phone and is a re-seller same with the employees. Sucks...

[quote name='alpinex8']Any old timers find dimple records to be the most worthless place for retro games? The place has always been bad because of the employees besides the fact that they all have a stick up there ass. Dimple allows employees to take games before they have even been traded in they let them place holds on games while they are still in the process of the trade in. :roll:

5 Years ago it was amazing I got finds EVERY TIME i went there for retro games, now everyone has a smart phone and is a re-seller same with the employees. Sucks...[/QUOTE]

Plus there prices just aren't great. Even when the Dimple in Davis was closing and was at 50% off, I could barely find any games worth the price.

[quote name='alpinex8']Any old timers find dimple records to be the most worthless place for retro games? The place has always been bad because of the employees besides the fact that they all have a stick up there ass. Dimple allows employees to take games before they have even been traded in they let them place holds on games while they are still in the process of the trade in. :roll:

5 Years ago it was amazing I got finds EVERY TIME i went there for retro games, now everyone has a smart phone and is a re-seller same with the employees. Sucks...[/QUOTE]

I would agree with this. Even a year ago I was heading into Dimples to find quite a few movies for 2-4$ even for the newer titles. Now it's all crap. Not really anything that catches my eye.

Btw, I'm new to the Sacramento area (I live in Davis for school at UC Davis) but yeah are there any worthwhile video game shops to check out in the area?

[quote name='nintendofan9999']Dude im from Davis as well! Too bad there.arent.any real good store here anymore[/QUOTE]

Yup even more now that Dimple has closed. All we have left is GameStop now lol. Are you going to school here?

Same experience here with Dimples.
Their employees are extremely rude (the few times I have actually interacted with them). Its like you're bugging them to do their jobs.

Avoid dimple at all costs, prices don't keep up with the times and they have a no cash back return policy so if you buy something thats scratched they make you return for store credit only even if they dont have another copy. It used to be an amazing place 5-10 years ago but since no one buys cds anymore they price gouge everything.

I am from folsom, and forced to use amazon most of the time for games these days

I defiantly wouldn't avoid dimple, if you're a retro gamer you owe it to yourself to stop in if you're close. There NES,SNES,PS1,N64 era games are still all under 10 dollars no matter what the title is. It's just between the employees taking everything good and now in 2013 everyone and there mom resells games it's hard to ever find anything. I still do find some rare games here and there but it's hard. There prices are normally below ebay on everything or on par in the xbox/ps2/gamecube era stuff.

If you need controllers and accessories they still have an amazing selection.

It's just i wouldn't go out of my way to go there anymore, back in 2004 - 07 i found stuff there hand over fist. Sega Saturn, boxed nes games on the regular etc... 2008 i noticed the employyes and the customers starting to pick up on retro trends. and the last 3 years it's basiclly been a joke with youtube blowing up retro gaming and everyone having a smart phone to go on ebay with.

Dimple from 04 - 07 were the golden years. I have tons of rare games that i paid "dimple prices" for.

Bubble Bobble 2, Snatcher for sega cd, tons of boxed snes games such as harvest moon, FF3 etc... Dragon Force for the saturn, turbo graphx 16 games etc... that all basically stopped the last few years. and started really getting scarce in around 08. I haven't even seen a TG16 or Sega CD game there in years.

With all that said i still do find stuff there from time to time. But the dimple from years ago is gone. But if you're in the area doesn't hurt to stop in, but taking drives out to elk grove or roseville or when they had that davis store that's a waste of time now cause the chances of finding something are slim.

Nicely said, sadly I only got to experience Dimple in Davis from Late 2008 until they closed about a year ago. Any other video game stores to check out in the area?

[quote name='alpinex8']

Dimple from 04 - 07 were the golden years. I have tons of rare games that i paid "dimple prices" for.

[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Every once in a while you get lucky, but it's incredibly rare now.

I was able to snag two copies of Raising the Bar for $18 and $12, TWEWY, and Tales of the Abyss guides for $5.99 each from the Arden Dimple books. That place is on and off a goldmine for guides.

I went into the Antelope Gametrader on Saturday, not even worth looking more than five minutes. Everything was way overpriced.

just wanted to let everyone know that the k-mart in rancho cordova is having a closing sale.i was there yesterday and all systems are 10% off and games are 25% off.the location is coloma road and sunrise blvd.

fucking dimple scumbags, I ordered 2 of copies of shenmue 2 for the xbox off there website. 3 days later they cancel the order. I called up and they said one was on hold and the other couldn't be shipped because of water damaged artwork...

You know the fucking employees just took them for themselves. Such a shit company theyve turned into. They shouldn't allow the employees to buy stuff there anymore it's a joke I spend a tenth of the money i used to there because every employee takes something.

Anybody have any great finds lately? I have had done more digital shopping lately due to the horrible sales brick and mortar shops.

Goodwill out here in Folsom was selling a guitar hero world tour game only for 40$. Get there quick before it's gone! /sarcasm

Today at the Folsom Walmart I found they had 2 western digital 3tb my passport ultra. It showed 119 price tag but rang up 59.00. Ymmv for other local Walmart but I thought it was good price for external.

Model: WDBBKD0030BBK-NESNSKU: 9059012

Annnnnnnnnnnnnd dimples gone... Crazy times we live in, 10 years from now im sure all new systems will be digital.

bread's done
Back