Official Sacramento Area CAG thread

lawdood

CAGiversary!
Feedback
19 (100%)
Hey all, how many other Sac area CAG's do we have out there? I've seen a few post here and there but figure there must be even more. It would be nice to have a thread where we could post area finds, maybe even help each other out on finding some of these deals.

I'm in the Citrus Heights/ Roseville area myself.

Dimple in folsom already has the new Halo:ODST but when I tried to get them to ring it up it came up as not out yet even though the games were on the floor. Might want to try your luck at some of the other ones but I wouldnt call ahead otherwise they will look in the computer and see its not out yet. Ive scored a few games early this way, Fable 2, GTA few others

Tempted but think I am going to wait around for the toysrus deal. Does dimple get many good deals? I have never been in one the only one I know of is up in Roseville off douglas.

I usually dont check the hollywood video threads because they usually dont have jack. Plus there arent very many of them around anymore.

As for ODST I will wait for the TRU deal too.

Just curious I figured after Gears 2 released the GOTY edition I figured that the original copy would clearance out at cheaper price. I have looked in a few stores and they are still selling the original edition for 40$. Has anyone seen it on clearance anywhere?

I personally have not seen any store have their copies out on the shelf. I know that all stores at this point should have received their stock of the game. Kmart is notorious for shelfing and selling thing early, that is probably be your best bet if you can't wait until Tueday. I have seen Wal-marts do this a couple times around here too, such as with GH:WT a whole week early. If I see anything will let you know, you could try some a Dimple as Empyrium said he saw they had it out last week.

If anyone is interested in DJ Hero Renegade edition I have a new sealed PS3 version for 180. So you save 20 plus not paying tax. I got screwed up with Amazon and im trying to get rid of it.

dimples in the davis area had a half off sale on all guitar hero and rockband bundles don't know if the sale is still going on though

Anyone know which blockbuster or hollywood video still have a good amount of used games in this area?

I've already checked BBV at Folsom & Coloma, Hazel & Greenback, and Fulton & Fairoaks. None of them really had anything. I also checked the HWV on Sunrise and Coloma, apparently they have no used games at all.

If anyone is interested, I picked up some Rock Band 1 drums at the Elk Grove Walmart for $9.96. I told my buddy about it and he says there is no more left, but you can always try your luck ;)

Nice grab. 10 for a drum set is great find. I haven't had any finds since I saw a :ps3: Collectors Editions Fallout 3 for 25$ at a Citrus Heights Walmart. Thought did have no problem PM the Sears 20$ 1 year of live at Roseville BestBuy a couple weeks back.

I just got back from the Target across from Cosumnes River College, they have Rock Band Beatles bundle clearance from $249.99 down to $174.99 for anyone interested. Only had 1 left. Oh, and they had the PC version of Lego Batman for $4.96.

Was at the Walmart in Citrus Heights today and looked around, there were no deals there what so ever. Just alot of nothing.

I saw a "GameTrader" in the Citrus Heights area(though I didn't go in, yet). I couldn't find a website. The sign on the building looks a lot like Gamestop's with the same colors. I was just wondering if anyone else had any information about them or had been in one.

I think i saw one of these in antelope near the new walmart there. It wasnt open yet though the last time i looked.

anyone find batman AA at sams club? I called and had them do a seach and they said no one had any in 150 radius.

[quote name='ImLuhkee']I saw a "GameTrader" in the Citrus Heights area(though I didn't go in, yet). I couldn't find a website. The sign on the building looks a lot like Gamestop's with the same colors. I was just wondering if anyone else had any information about them or had been in one.[/QUOTE]

I checked for batman also. I had no luck though. I couldn't figure out how the site worked to check the prices at locations. So I went to the one in Roseville and had them call the Folsom one to check price and wasn't $8.**.

GameTrader-The one near the new Walmart was the one I was talking about.

[quote name='ImLuhkee']I saw a "GameTrader" in the Citrus Heights area(though I didn't go in, yet). I couldn't find a website. The sign on the building looks a lot like Gamestop's with the same colors. I was just wondering if anyone else had any information about them or had been in one.[/QUOTE]

Finally went in there today. Most if not all their stuff is over priced. Rather disappointing, I was hoping for a decent used game store.

rc willey in roseville/rocklin has plenty of avatars in stock. coupon ends today.

mainbott.jpg

[quote name='RAMSTORIA']rc willey in roseville/rocklin has plenty of avatars in stock. coupon ends today.

mainbott.jpg
[/QUOTE]

This sucks, I was hoping to pick it up but had to go out of town yesterday(to visit inlaws) after I worked. So I didn't end up getting chance to swing by. =(

I haven't been able to find any good deals lately but I agree. It would be great to revive this thread and find some local deals.

last deal I got on was the DJ hero bundle for $20 at TRU we need some more local deals posted

Does anyone know if there are any red boxes in the area that have games for rent?

I know the Raley's On Lichen in Citrus Heights had games in Red Box. The store has two Redbox Units and I checked what was in both of them. They only had maybe 10 titles each. I would say I saw more PS3 than anything else. I don't believe I saw any Wii games in it. They had Dead Rising 2, Fable 3, Fracture, Batman AA, Medal of Honor, Enslaved, Halo Reach and some sports titles if I remember right. I am pretty sure most of the Redboxes in the area are going to be similar. I really wish Redbox would update their site so I could locate games online. I would very much like to rent Spiderman Shattered Dimensions or Alan Wake for a couple bucks.

Edit: I check out the Redbox in the Roseville WalMart on Lead Hill today. It had two games Kane and Lynch 2 and Halo Reach.

Last edited by a moderator:
Roseville target clearance: ps3 fallout goty 12.48, 360 van Galen guitar hero and band hero 12.48.

I hate craigs list missed out on a bunch of thing by like 20 mins each time...

I've found great deals but only because i was luckly and got them within the first 10 mins of the posting. I got this giant super Nintendo collection with most of the games in the box like FF3, harvest moon etc... for $60 bucks But i've lost out on something when i e-mailed the person with 8 mins... i guess someone else replied within 6 mins...

Well congrats, sounds like you found some great stuff on there. I may have to give craigslist another try.

Out of curiosity, what do the Sac. CAGs do for work?

I was there a few weeks ago and they didn't. I asked if anyone had any and they said no. But I dont trust anyone at frys. There worse than good guys was. Do you live out in rosevlle? Thats my stompin grounds. Let me know if your looking for any other deals like target clearanced stuff or whatever. Would be nice to have other locals cover each others back. I stay in contact with another cag in the area, and we help each other out.

Yeah, well technically I'm right in between Roseville and Citrus Heights but tend to be in the Roseville area much more.

EDIT: I was at the ToysRUs in Roseville today and checked for you to see if they had any Gran Turismo 5 CE, no luck sorry.

i live in rancho cordova.did anyone on here get an email from gamestop related to the closing of the gamestop in sunrise mall?got 3 coupons in the email.said i can only use the coupons at the gamestop on greenback across from the mall or in fair oaks.15% off a new item,1 for 40% extra trade in and 1 for 25% off any used items.just moved to rancho cordova from oakland so im looking for any local CAGs around here.ill post any deals i find on here for everybody

[quote name='RIPANTHONY8008']i live in rancho cordova.did anyone on here get an email from gamestop related to the closing of the gamestop in sunrise mall?got 3 coupons in the email.said i can only use the coupons at the gamestop on greenback across from the mall or in fair oaks.15% off a new item,1 for 40% extra trade in and 1 for 25% off any used items.just moved to rancho cordova from oakland so im looking for any local CAGs around here.ill post any deals i find on here for everybody[/QUOTE]

nice to have ya. I didnt get that email. Maybe you picked something up from them recently and gave them your email?

[quote name='GeorgeCostanza']nice to have ya. I didnt get that email. Maybe you picked something up from them recently and gave them your email?[/QUOTE]

i shopped at the sunrise mall gs in december.

From the Sacramento/Elk Grove area, Was wondering is there any ma and pa stores around here that release early or anywhere I could get my hands on a copy of Brink this weekend?

[quote name='kiwimonster']From the Sacramento/Elk Grove area, Was wondering is there any ma and pa stores around here that release early or anywhere I could get my hands on a copy of Brink this weekend?[/QUOTE]

Try calling Dimples. I have heard they have jumped early before.

[quote name='GeorgeCostanza']Try calling Dimples. I have heard they have jumped early before.[/QUOTE]

Ok thanks a lot for the info going to try and give them a call.

Sears at the Arden Mall has The xbox 360 web cams for 4.97 a piece i picked up 5 of them but they had about 5 more. Most of my family has xbox's so they will make cool gifts for everyone so we can talk to each other.

New to the area! Moved to Davis about a month and a half ago, but have been too poor to go out scouring for deals and the like. Hopefully in a few months I can try to report anything decent from the Target here.

folsom dimple is a great resource for getting games before the release date. The trick is you have to go in and find it put on the shelf. If you call ahead to find a game they check the computer and usually realize they put them out by mistake. I got Black Ops/Fable 3/Mass Effect 2 and a few others at least 3-4 days before launch. Worth making the trip. From my experience Arden and Roseville are much better about locking games up and never been able to find a pre release title available.

bread's done
Back