Official Sacramento Area CAG thread

lawdood

CAGiversary!
Feedback
19 (100%)
Hey all, how many other Sac area CAG's do we have out there? I've seen a few post here and there but figure there must be even more. It would be nice to have a thread where we could post area finds, maybe even help each other out on finding some of these deals.

I'm in the Citrus Heights/ Roseville area myself.

[quote name='CaoPi']was there anything good, what is the store name?

Anyone find anything good at Targets for PS3 games around sac lately?[/quote]

i forgot what the name of the store was, but i know its on the side of the shopping area where Sky Ave. is...

At Target in Laguna, Orange Box was there for $30 for PS3 and the Bluetooth Keyboard for PS3 for $55... they also had some sports titles on clearance but the names dont come to mind...

oh yeah... Simpsons for XBOX360 was on sale to for like $30 i think

has anyone hit up Katana Game's on Florin/Franklin? I've heard they were having 50% off games, saw them up on craiglist

[quote name='CaoPi']has anyone hit up Katana Game's on Florin/Franklin? I've heard they were having 50% off games, saw them up on craiglist[/quote]

i called him up to check him out but apparently he's not a store... he just chills in the parking lot of the car dealership on franklin and florin on the weekends... i hear he has good deals but you can only catch him on the weekends

[quote name='CrispyPata']yeah... i saw those FFVIIs there at Fair Game as well... Its nice that they have such rare games, but the prices are a bit ridiculous...

best place i've been goin to for snes and nes games has been galt flea market on wednesday (i saw FFII for snes for $10)... i was able to get a couple games from denios last month for pretty cheap too... I might try to go to denios this sunday to see if there's anything else worth buying...

i'll post up anything else i see worth mentioning :D[/quote]

Did you see anything good at Denios? My sister-in-law was telling me to go there if I was looking for nes, snes games. I'm in Davis but will travel out there if there are few good snes deals.

Also, I'd be very thankful if anyone sees a new gamecube on clearance anywhere. I don't want to deal with a used console off ebay and I have gamecube games for my wii.

I'll post if I run into any deals in Davis, but with the GS here I doubt much will come up.

[quote name='CrispyPata']i called him up to check him out but apparently he's not a store... he just chills in the parking lot of the car dealership on franklin and florin on the weekends... i hear he has good deals but you can only catch him on the weekends[/quote]

Lol. That sounds random though promising. What kind of games does he sell?

[quote name='rothgar24']Did you see anything good at Denios? My sister-in-law was telling me to go there if I was looking for nes, snes games. I'm in Davis but will travel out there if there are few good snes deals.[/quote]

There are alotta good deals at Denio's... But you gotta look at the people that's selling just random things around the house... you can typically get any game for like 5 bucks if you find it there... if it's a super rare game your looking for, they have a couple of booths dedicated to just old school games, but the prices are alot higher... these are the people that do their research on those games and price them for what they see on like ebay or whatever... but you can find old nes, snes, and genesis games for pretty cheap at the "random house items" booths... I found super dodge ball and nemo's dream world for nes for 5 bucks each... and got final fight for snes for 3 bucks... maybe you will get lucky and find earthbound for 5 bucks hehe... good luck with that!

[quote name='rothgar24']Lol. That sounds random though promising. What kind of games does he sell?[/quote]

when i asked him what his oldest generation of games he sold, he said he has some ps1, very little n64, and a couple of sports titles for snes... aside from that, it's more current with ps2, xbox, 360, etc...

just got back from the circuit city on arden. i was checking out the clearance bin, a lot of the stuff youd expect, but there were a couple of games that caught my eye. harvey birdman for wii was only 16.96 (which i picked up, there were 3 other copies) and phoenix wright: justice for all was 14.99. i already have PW so i didnt pick it up, there was at least 3 copies of that. also, they have a new sealed copy of wade hixton boxing for ike 6 bucks there, fantastic gba game, well worth the price.

[quote name='RAMSTORIA']just got back from the circuit city on arden. i was checking out the clearance bin, a lot of the stuff youd expect, but there were a couple of games that caught my eye. harvey birdman for wii was only 16.96 (which i picked up, there were 3 other copies) and phoenix wright: justice for all was 14.99. i already have PW so i didnt pick it up, there was at least 3 copies of that. also, they have a new sealed copy of wade hixton boxing for ike 6 bucks there, fantastic gba game, well worth the price.[/quote]
Thanks, might stop by CC tomorrow.

Yeah the thread has been quiet. Finals are gearing up now. I was just checking to see if there are any deals. Oh well I will probably be playing metal gear solid 4 for a while when it hits in a week.

Shit I was excited when I saw this thread (first time checking out regional board) but damn is this slow. Do you guys ever find target clearance stuff at any in sac? I've been to like three and can't ever find anything good (like the ps3 eye for 15 bucks I think).

Hi guys, I'm a new Sac Cag. I just moved from Phoenix. I'm SHOCKED at how many of those GameStop's there are around here! It seems like every plaza/strip mall has one!

[quote name='_gambit_']Hi guys, I'm a new Sac Cag. I just moved from Phoenix. I'm SHOCKED at how many of those GameStop's there are around here! It seems like every plaza/strip mall has one![/quote]

Yup.. It's Paradise ! I live in the Rocklin/Roseville Area and have 5 stores 5 minutes away from each other ! :D

Xfactor

[quote name='_gambit_']Hi guys, I'm a new Sac Cag. I just moved from Phoenix. I'm SHOCKED at how many of those GameStop's there are around here! It seems like every plaza/strip mall has one![/quote]

Welcome, threads kinda slow for various reasons, but feel free to post. I hope to be more on the prowl deals now that I have time to do so. Yeah there are a lot of GS's but don't forget the m&p Stores

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='cindersphere']Welcome, threads kinda slow for various reasons, but feel free to post. I hope to be more on the prowl deals now that I have time to do so. Yeah there are a lot of GS's but don't forget the m&p Stores[/quote]

M&P stores in Sac? Where did you find these, if I may ask. Only game stores I know nowadays are GS, EB, and on rare occasion I may see a Play N Trade. Thanks

Just found out today that my blockbuster in rancho cordova (I know shitty place to live) has started doing trades and since there's a gamestop pretty close to there I'm gonna start flipping. Of course I'm going to be very careful about it but I'm excited to start. It's just too bad the the extra $10 for gamestop and the B1G1 at blockbuster end tomorrow. I'll post here after I've tried it a few times.

Hey guys I picked up Unreal Tournament 3 Collector's Edition at the Elk Grove Walmart for $15. They had a few other games on clearance too but I don't remember. I thought it was a decent deal.

FYI...Yesterday I saw Kane & Lynch (PS3) for $30 at the Target on Calvine and Bruceville.

Oh, there was 1 copy of it left.

not much of a deal but I also saw dmc4 (ps3) for $39.99 @ the Laguna Blvd Target and Super Walmart in West Sac. While some places are still charging $59.99.

Thanks for the tip, KSHLove. If any of you guys come accross a Heavenly Sword out there, let me know! It's on my cheapass hotlist.

Haven't seen Heavenly Sword in stores for a while now. If anyone see's Warioware Smooth moves let me know. I traded it awhile back, looking to get a cheap replacement.

Meh, not sure if any of you are interested, but NCAA Football 08 (360) was 7.xx at Target on Laguna off the 99. Quite a few copies.

[quote name='qwert916']Hey guys I picked up Unreal Tournament 3 Collector's Edition at the Elk Grove Walmart for $15. They had a few other games on clearance too but I don't remember. I thought it was a decent deal.[/quote]

Wow, I'd have to check that out. I picked up The Witcher and Warhammer40k Dawn of War Soul Storm for $5 there like around last week. If you remember the other games let me know (I live by the Calvine area, don't feel like driving up there if they have crappy games).

[quote name='_gambit_']Meh, not sure if any of you are interested, but NCAA Football 08 (360) was 7.xx at Target on Laguna off the 99. Quite a few copies.[/quote]

Anyone see this price closer to roseville?

[quote name='hothitter']Anyone see this price closer to roseville?[/quote]

Target in Lincoln had about 15-20 of them last I checked, which was about a week ago.

Just stopped in the Dimple off Sunrise in Citrus Heights, they have a $2.99 sale going on for used movies, games and CD's (or 5 for $13.) The selection of used movies they had was really good, the videogames, not so much, 99% older sports titles.

But I'm guessing this may be a chainwide sale so it might be worth hitting up other Dimples in the area as I'm sure the selection varies greatly from store to store.

I saw Lost Odyssey (360) at Walmart on Elk Grove blvd off the 99 at that price, didn't see Scene It, though.

Also, I didn't notice any of those Wii point cards.

I did some driving around today based on some of the attention a few stores are getting in the national threads. I saw Madden 09 CE (PS3) at Target on Broadway and Riverside at the $45 price and Singstar Amped (PS2) 2-mic bundle ($13) at Sears at Florin Mall. The Sears also had Singstar 80's (PS2) for $20. There were a few copies of each of these I saw. Good luck!

Anyone seen NBA Lve 08 or 2k8 around for cheap ($15 or less)? I haven't played any of these games since probably '98 or '99... I assume things have changed quite a bit since then and would like a cheapass preview before I'd do somethinig silly like plop down 60 bones.

For anyone interested, the Natomas Target finally marked down Metroid Prime 3 to $12.50... There were 2 left at about 5pm...

i would pick it up for $12.50 but after renting it and playing it for less than an hour the game gave me a headache... I might have to pass on this one :(

Awwwww man if someone in the Sac area comes across Silent Hill: Homecoming for the PS3 today, I would greatly appreciate it if you'd let me know. I know it officially hits stores tomorrow afternoon, but I can't help but have a little bit of hope that someone at a Target or something will open up a surprise box of SH today.

So I'm pretty new to the area, and I live up on Marconi Ave. What are some of the best or more known places to score deals around here? I haven't had any luck it seems!

Does anyone know where I could reserve a bundle of Guitar Hero:WT Band Kit for the 360? Everywhere I go they are all reserved up. The dumbest part is alot of them are saying that they only ordered enough to fill reserves and would not have any to sell on release day (i.e. Gamestop and GameCrazy).

bread's done
Back