Official Sacramento Area CAG thread

lawdood

CAGiversary!
Feedback
19 (100%)
Hey all, how many other Sac area CAG's do we have out there? I've seen a few post here and there but figure there must be even more. It would be nice to have a thread where we could post area finds, maybe even help each other out on finding some of these deals.

I'm in the Citrus Heights/ Roseville area myself.

Not really a deal, but for the first time I saw Wii's in the wild (at my local Target, on folsom and olson). If you are looking for deals there don't bother.

[quote name='Serik']Just an FYI for all you Sacto CAGers: the Dimple Records on Douglas Blvd. in Roseville is totally cleaned out of any good N64 and PS1 games. All they have are stupid sports titles. When I stopped by in Nov. 2006, I got Final Fantasy Anthology for $5 and some old Megamans for $5 total.[/quote]

muhahahaha, you have to literally check dimple once or twice a day to get the good stuff. There are a few select people in the sac area that go to each dimple everyday and sometimes twice and pick up all the rare games.

On another note

I picked up Conkers Bad Fur Day for N64/ Donkey Kong Country 2 and 3 from the rosevillie store two days ago. The best store to go to is either Arden or Sunrise now, they usually have something decent.

You bastard! :lol:

Meh, I don't have the dedication to go to Dimples that often. There's something about that store that I really don't like. Plus I'm lazy.

And speaking of used videogames, does Denios still have that huge videogame vender dude who blasts the Mario themesong from his stand? I haven't been to that place in ages so I hope he's still around. His games were never dirt cheap like Dimple's, but I think his prices were fair and it was probably $10-15 cheaper than eBay.

Ill be back in sacramento this weekend! yay I can go pillage more games from dimple. Hoping to find God of war 2 for their usual used price of $28.

It's because dimple is ghetto as fuck with homless and meth freaks pawning off stolen stuff. That's the reason i find the store off pudding. But you can't beat the deals. Except for there extremely large surplus of xbox and ps2 games going for about 4x what they normaly do because they have been in the store for so long.

howdy folks, I've been a cag for a while but just noticed this thread. i work at folsom but live in the elk grove area and i'll report any deals I find.

Arden BB had a bunch of games at the front today for 50% off...including Spiderman 3 CE (PS3), Untold Legends, Couple Wii games (mainly the kids games - Sponge Bob, Barnyard, Happy Feet, etc) and assorted others. I was able to pick up two Wii games for $25 total (Happy Feet - $10, Sponge Bob - $15) for the kids. Great deals!

[quote name='Chanash']muhahahaha, you have to literally check dimple once or twice a day to get the good stuff. There are a few select people in the sac area that go to each dimple everyday and sometimes twice and pick up all the rare games.

On another note

I picked up Conkers Bad Fur Day for N64/ Donkey Kong Country 2 and 3 from the rosevillie store two days ago. The best store to go to is either Arden or Sunrise now, they usually have something decent.[/quote]

Are you the guy that goes there once or twice a day?

[quote name='strider2k']Are you the guy that goes there once or twice a day?[/quote]

Nope, that's a different guy. Can't remember his name, but he walks around with his PDA out. He usually goes during open and close I hear.

I actually haven't gone in a few weeks (since im back at college now)

whoa when did this thread exist

i haven't been posting here that often :<
anyways i was at the target off bruceville, and they have guitar hero guitar cases for $13.

at least thats what i remember. :

New to the formus and from the Roseville area. It is nice to have a CAG forum for the Sac area

[quote name='toodze']New to the formus and from the Roseville area. It is nice to have a CAG forum for the Sac area[/quote]

Welcome man! I'm near Roseville myself.

i am unsure if i posted in this topic yet but i am from Truxel area in SAC ;)

i was hopeing to find a deal on the new PSP slim

i feel like we're the unluckiest people ever :<

whyyyy can't i get halo 3 early, why does everyone have to be smaarrrttt

About time we bumped this thread.

Got an email the other day from Dimple Records, on Black Friday they will be doing a spend $10 get a $10 giftcard promotion. Not to shabby if you want to pick up a cheap used game or a CD...you can basically get it free.

hey didnt know there was such a thread. I'm originally from the Elk Grove area but I've moved to the Bay Area. I come back to Sac periodically when I'm off on vacation

I live in Davis too yo!

[quote name='cindersphere']Hello I live in davis and just found this forum. :lol: No deals that I have found yet but just wanted to say hi.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Chanash']Nope, that's a different guy. Can't remember his name, but he walks around with his PDA out. He usually goes during open and close I hear.[/quote]

I know that guy. He basically makes his living by buying and reselling rare games. He is a cool guy but he makes it very hard to find cool used stuff at the Sac area thrifts and Dimples.

[quote name='klezmer41']I live in Davis too yo![/quote]

You moved back to Davis? So there are like 4 CAGs here now? Where do you work here in Davis?

Chris

Yep I moved back, and working for the University so I'm stuck on campus with all the undergrads :p It's cool tho cause there's chicks here :)

[quote name='klezmer41']Yep I moved back, and working for the University so I'm stuck on campus with all the undergrads :p It's cool tho cause there's chicks here :)[/quote]

Yup. I love working on campus. The pay isn't great but it is more than made up for IMHO.

Chris

[quote name='Jibbajaba']Yup. I love working on campus. The pay isn't great but it is more than made up for IMHO.

Chris[/QUOTE]

We should have a Davis CAG meetup, that would be coo.

Wow I have not been in this thread in a long while. Anyway all the wal-marts in the vicinity of davis kinda suck. Although I was able to get a 32o gb hardrive from dixon.

[quote name='klezmer41']Yep I moved back, and working for the University so I'm stuck on campus with all the undergrads :p It's cool tho cause there's chicks here :)[/quote]

One of those undergrads here; 1st year. :)

It really sucks not having a car. :bomb:

[quote name='thelazyone22']One of those undergrads here; 1st year. :)

It really sucks not having a car. :bomb:[/quote] You can use the yolo bus to go to the target in woodland. They Sometimes have decent deals. Saw Tony Hawk underground there a few days ago on clearance. But yeah a car is nice. Thanks to my old chevy pos I was able to score Digital Devil saga 1 for 40 bucks at a Game Stop in Rancho Cardova. Came with the deluxw case, inserts all there, and the CD. Both had no scrathces which is weird for GS. BTW the Manager at the GS in university Mall is a Dick.

[quote name='klezmer41']We should have a Davis CAG meetup, that would be coo.[/quote]I think most of this cags from this area are anti social. At least that is what this forum has told me.:cry: I propose a new attitude in this thread. We should unite our skills of cheap gaming and try to find all local deals that are shareable. As the motto goes sharing is caring.:) Whose with me.

I think I have come in contact with local CAGs. A couple times I would read some deal on here before work, only to have someone come in during my shift and present the deal I had just learned about. I don't know, it could have just been a coincidence.

[quote name='squid']I think I have come in contact with local CAGs. A couple times I would read some deal on here before work, only to have someone come in during my shift and present the deal I had just learned about. I don't know, it could have just been a coincidence.[/quote]Squid where do you work? For all I know I may have seen you looking for games on the cheap. I agree there are a lot of cags in the area. After the monster madness massacre I saw them traded in every game rush in sac and sold out everywhere. Although in this board is seems like everyone posts a few times and then forgets it exists. (I too forgot for a while when my finals started after I first discovered it. Thanks lawdood for creating it.)

[quote name='cindersphere']Squid where do you work? For all I know I may have seen you looking for games on the cheap. I agree there are a lot of cags in the area. After the monster madness massacre I saw them traded in every game rush in sac and sold out everywhere. Although in this board is seems like everyone posts a few times and then forgets it exists. (I too forgot for a while when my finals started after I first discovered it. Thanks lawdood for creating it.)[/quote]

I worked at the Game Crazy in Roseville (Stanford Ranch Rd.) for 2 years. However, my boss and I quit the last week of December. There was only 3 of us to begin with so the whole staff is brand new, and not nearly as awesome as we were. ;)

That sucks. I went to the game crazy there once when I drove out to roseville looking for a game at gamestop. I might have seen you. BTW sorry for asking but I wanted to take a date out to the crocker art museum out there. I was wondering if it is worth it. I heard it was under construction.

I don't know; if your date is really into art neat. It's not very large, so if they are under construction it might be a bit annoying. It's been a long time since I have gone.
There is that Bodies Revealed exhibit near Arden right now. I found it very interesting, and have heard nothing but good things.

Also! It's not video games, but the Borders connected to the Galleria mall is closing on the 19th. They are currently at 40% off and the 10% borders rewards coupon stacks. It was pretty picked through but I was still able to pick up 13 books at something like $50. Bottom of my receipt said I had saved a little over $76 so I was really happy.

[quote name='squid']

Also! It's not video games, but the Borders connected to the Galleria mall is closing on the 19th. They are currently at 40% off and the 10% borders rewards coupon stacks. It was pretty picked through but I was still able to pick up 13 books at something like $50. Bottom of my receipt said I had saved a little over $76 so I was really happy.[/QUOTE]

thanks for the tip, ill go there this weekend, i love going shopping at bookstores and tomorrow is payday

[quote name='squid']I worked at the Game Crazy in Roseville (Stanford Ranch Rd.) for 2 years. However, my boss and I quit the last week of December. There was only 3 of us to begin with so the whole staff is brand new, and not nearly as awesome as we were. ;)[/quote]

I go into that Game Crazy a few times every week when I am in town...So, that might of been me :) hehe...Ive been to it 3 times in the last week, and didn't recognize a single person working there.

Thanks squid I think I will go check out the Bodies Exhibit with a date this upcoming week. BTW not really a deal but if anyone is interested in RPG's one of the game stops in Davis has Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne in stock. I checked it out earlier this week but it was disc only so I passed. If anybody is desperate enough they have 1 copy.

[quote name='Chanash']I go into that Game Crazy a few times every week when I am in town...So, that might of been me :) hehe...Ive been to it 3 times in the last week, and didn't recognize a single person working there.[/quote]

I haven't really been there since I left, but from what I have seen the store has a whole different feel to it. We had a lot of really loyal customers that pulled the cash from their accounts and left when we did. For better or worse, it's like a brand new store.

You'll have to tell me how you and your date liked it, Cinder!

[quote name='RAMSTORIA']just thought id let you guys know i pricematched the xbox live vision bundle from TRU at CC on arden. check this thread if you dont know what im talkin about

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3844501[/quote] Thanks for the heads up I might go and pick this up on saturday if they still have some left. :) I was in Vacaville a couple of days ago to get ff12 reverant and they had the firepro returns for 10 bucks if anyone is interested in it. Other than that noting. Walmart in dixon still had some of the 20 dollar non goty oblivion.

I was able to pick up Phoenix Wright 3 for 15 at Walmart off 65. I have been watching for the tag error for a while now and they fiannly screwed up. They pulled the tag there so dont go to 65. Keep an eye out at your local walmart as these have been popping up all over.

Read in another thread that Natomas BB had some 50% off 360 titles, i think he said they were mostly sport titles. Just thought I would pass this along.

bread's done
Back