Official Sacramento Area CAG thread

lawdood

CAGiversary!
Feedback
19 (100%)
Hey all, how many other Sac area CAG's do we have out there? I've seen a few post here and there but figure there must be even more. It would be nice to have a thread where we could post area finds, maybe even help each other out on finding some of these deals.

I'm in the Citrus Heights/ Roseville area myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d0ggiefizzle
im from south sac. just picked up 2 ghost squads for 9.99 each at the natoms target.

any more ghost squads left there?

[quote name='GeorgeCostanza']Read in another thread that Natomas BB had some 50% off 360 titles, i think he said they were mostly sport titles. Just thought I would pass this along.[/quote] Finally went out there to check this out. Pro evo was about 10 dollars after discount. No blue dragon which was advertised. Kinda funny though they had the spanish forza 2 for half off. Anyway question for those more familiar with sac. I have been looking for older generation games, such as old playstation games anyone know where I can pick any up.

[quote name='cindersphere']Finally went out there to check this out. Pro evo was about 10 dollars after discount. No blue dragon which was advertised. Kinda funny though they had the spanish forza 2 for half off. Anyway question for those more familiar with sac. I have been looking for older generation games, such as old playstation games anyone know where I can pick any up.[/QUOTE]

Denios in Roseville on the weekends...dont forget to haggle those cheap fuckers, ether!

[quote name='cindersphere']Finally went out there to check this out. Pro evo was about 10 dollars after discount. No blue dragon which was advertised. Kinda funny though they had the spanish forza 2 for half off. Anyway question for those more familiar with sac. I have been looking for older generation games, such as old playstation games anyone know where I can pick any up.[/quote]

Denios is alright, but I haven't ever had the best luck, and one vendor sold a ton of bootleg GBA games. It's never my first choice.

Of course there is always Dimple, but most of them are picked clean beyond sports titles. As long as Fair Game is still up and running check them out. I haven't been there in a while, but they focused on having the older stuff. I've never been disappointed, but you will be paying collectors prices.

yea I forgot about fair game. Ive only been there twice but I remember their prices being pretty insane. Denios usually has a few places selling PS1 games for like 5 bucks and then you have all those guys doing their garage sales so you may get lucky. DImple either has really goood price or really outrageous prices it's kind of hit and miss.

I'm from Natomas.. I refuse to shop at the Walley World on Truxel. Every time I go into that store I just have a horrible experience.

That WM has the absolute worst customer service in any store I've ever shopped at.

Luckily the new Supercenter in West Sac is like 5 minutes away from there.. now that's a good store.

[quote name='hothitter']Anyone know of a local shop in Sacramento that might have a Dualshock 3 controller imported?[/quote]

The play n trade in elk grove has them for 69.99

[quote name='kawikabot']The play n trade in elk grove has them for 69.99[/quote]

:O Awesome, i'm heading there now!

[quote name='CaoPi']went to a couple of Targets and south sac Targets have nothing left for ps3 clearanced games, just a heads up![/quote]

Nothing in Rancho, Roseville or Lincoln either. I don't think we live in a market where games sit around long enough, also we've got plenty of shelf space because we have so many newer stores. I think we're kinda screwed on target clearance.

Was anyone able to get the $34.99 House of the Dead with Smart Gun Pro Deal at Fry's? I imagine they wouldn't have many of the guns left.

[quote name='RobertEffenHorry']Was anyone able to get the $34.99 House of the Dead with Smart Gun Pro Deal at Fry's? I imagine they wouldn't have many of the guns left.[/quote]

I got in on it on Thursday of last week, this was at the Roseville Fry's. When I went back on Saturday I didn't see anymore of the guns left.

BTW- You have some nerve calling yourself Robert Horry in this town. lol

went to best buy on arden today, they had some 50% off (the tagged price) games, i didnt have a pen so i couldnt write them all down. but they include:

parappa the rapper (psp)
the darkness (360)
nhl 2k8 (360)
syphon filter logans shadow (ps2)
mlb 07 (psp)

and... thats all i can remember off the top of my head, there are several others though. there were ps3 games in there as well, but again, i didnt have a pen ready.

[quote name='squid']Denios is alright, but I haven't ever had the best luck, and one vendor sold a ton of bootleg GBA games. It's never my first choice.

Of course there is always Dimple, but most of them are picked clean beyond sports titles. As long as Fair Game is still up and running check them out. I haven't been there in a while, but they focused on having the older stuff. I've never been disappointed, but you will be paying collectors prices.[/QUOTE]

thats the problem with fair game, they are hip to prices of video games, so dont expect to find a rare game cheap there. on the other hand, if you are looking for a rare game, theres a good chance they will have it.

hello,
i'm new to the forums and i'm from south sac. i'm glad there's an area thread like this for local deals. :)

I just saw Chrono Cross (greatest hits) for ps1 @ Play N Trade on Elk Grove for $19.99 still new

They are also selling FFVII (greatest hits) on ps1 for $49.99 i believe.

I'll keep my eye out for anything else I see.

just got a white 40 gb ps3 for 450 at play n trade in elk grove... they had dual shock imported controllers too. the manager said they are getting more imported stuff this week.

A quick question for fellow SAC CAGs, has anyone been able to snag a copy of the MGS4 pre-order bonus disc from any local GS or GC? BTW, Its funny I really didn't think SAC had so many CAGs. Should have looked for this thread earlier, go figure.

Gamecrazy in woodland as well. Been A while since I been here. BTW ymmv but I found super mario galaxy and super paper mario used at dimple for 28.99 each.

Wow for the GH version. When did the price of the GH version jump so much. I remember getting the GH version on ebay sealed last year for like 20 bucks. Where have I been.
[quote name='CrispyPata']hello,
i'm new to the forums and i'm from south sac. i'm glad there's an area thread like this for local deals. :)

I just saw Chrono Cross (greatest hits) for ps1 @ Play N Trade on Elk Grove for $19.99 still new

They are also selling FFVII (greatest hits) on ps1 for $49.99 i believe.

I'll keep my eye out for anything else I see.[/quote]

Not a deal at all, but something I found funny.. my friend was in Fair Game the other day and they were selling the FFVII for over $100, GH copy for around $60. ...sometimes I wonder how they stay in business.

[quote name='squid']Not a deal at all, but something I found funny.. my friend was in Fair Game the other day and they were selling the FFVII for over $100, GH copy for around $60. ...sometimes I wonder how they stay in business.[/QUOTE]

thats how fair game rolls.

im convinced the owner is a lottery winner and has money to burn

Wow that is horrible. Who would pay that much? Man the most I pent on a game was 80 and that was for nocturne. It is amazing though How time a few years lowered the price to 20 and the shot it up to 100 at some places. I feel old because I remember when FF7 was brand new.
[quote name='squid']Not a deal at all, but something I found funny.. my friend was in Fair Game the other day and they were selling the FFVII for over $100, GH copy for around $60. ...sometimes I wonder how they stay in business.[/quote]

[quote name='squid']Not a deal at all, but something I found funny.. my friend was in Fair Game the other day and they were selling the FFVII for over $100, GH copy for around $60. ...sometimes I wonder how they stay in business.[/quote]

yeah... i saw those FFVIIs there at Fair Game as well... Its nice that they have such rare games, but the prices are a bit ridiculous...

best place i've been goin to for snes and nes games has been galt flea market on wednesday (i saw FFII for snes for $10)... i was able to get a couple games from denios last month for pretty cheap too... I might try to go to denios this sunday to see if there's anything else worth buying...

i'll post up anything else i see worth mentioning :D

Can somebody give me a relative area of where this "fair game" is. I'm in the Arden/Del paso area of SAC BTW.

[quote name='sigtheman']Can somebody give me a relative area of where this "fair game" is. I'm in the Arden/Del paso area of SAC BTW.[/quote]

It's in Carmichael on Fair Oaks Blvd. I think I have a business card around here somewhere if you want the exact address..

Greetings fellow Sacramentians or how ever that goes. There is alot of great CAGing on this thread for the people in our part of the Cali. If anybody is interested you can buy a 19.98 copy of MLB 2K7 for the 360 new at the Super Walmart in N. Highlands off Antelope.

[quote name='sigtheman']Can somebody give me a relative area of where this "fair game" is. I'm in the Arden/Del paso area of SAC BTW.[/quote]

It's in Carmichael on Fair Oaks Blvd. I think I have a business card around here somewhere if you want the exact address..

Greetings fellow Sacramentians or how ever that goes. There is alot of great CAGing on this thread for the people in our part of the Cali. If anybody is interested you can buy a 19.98 copy of MLB 2K7 for the 360 new at the Super Walmart in N. Highlands off Antelope.

oh wow... i just realized... there are 2 fair games in sac... the one i went to was on Kiefer between S.Watt and Bradshaw... this one is in the corner near a shakeys pizza i think... if you see blockbuster, it's in that shopping center...

Is that so..? I guess I only thought there was one.

Oh, I meant to ask before.. I am reasonably new to the Sacramento area.. are there any import stores locally, or even in SF? I think I got spoiled being near so many in LA.. I can't find a single one up here.

[quote name='CaoPi']hows the CC clearance hunting going, is Arden cleaned out?[/quote]

Pretty much, I was there yesterday. They still had a few games in the clearance bin, just not much I was interested in. I saw a divider for Odin Sphere, but unfortunately, no Odin Spheres. :cry:

[quote name='squid']Is that so..? I guess I only thought there was one.

Oh, I meant to ask before.. I am reasonably new to the Sacramento area.. are there any import stores locally, or even in SF? I think I got spoiled being near so many in LA.. I can't find a single one up here.[/quote]

i'm not too sure about import stores... is there anything your looking for? because you can go to the stores where SF market is on 65th near Florin Rd and there's a couple of places that import things...

Play n Trade is going to start importing things... well that's what the guy at the counter told us...

did anyone check out the Hollywood video on Gerber Rd? All games were on sale, it closed like last week I think. I was too lazy to check it out.

[quote name='CrispyPata']i'm not too sure about import stores... is there anything your looking for? because you can go to the stores where SF market is on 65th near Florin Rd and there's a couple of places that import things...

Play n Trade is going to start importing things... well that's what the guy at the counter told us...[/quote]

was there anything good, what is the store name?

Anyone find anything good at Targets for PS3 games around sac lately?

[quote name='CaoPi']was there anything good, what is the store name?

Anyone find anything good at Targets for PS3 games around sac lately?[/quote]

Elk grove playntrade had Dualshock3's a few months ago, at only a little import markup and in white as well. However, about a month ago someone from their store registered on the board and spammed their stuff in the deals section...

I haven't been too impressed with the play n trades around here. Their pricing is a bit high, and the employees are kinda ..assy.

Has anyone found Baroque for PS2 ..sealed? Seems like all the gs got one copy only.

bread's done
Back