Official Sears Clearance Thread II - post Sears finds/deals here

[quote name='WesWarlord']This is the Sears I check out and over the last year I've picked up a DMC4 for $4.97 and 2 2gb Sony Micro MS for my PSPGo and that's it.

There has to be someone getting the titles because I remember when it was reported a while back that people were finding Gears of War 3 on clearance, I remember seeing at least 3 copies 2 days prior and when I went back they were all gone.

It wouldn't surprise me if it was an employee.[/QUOTE]

I remember seeing those two memory sticks but didn't need them. They had the move shooter pistol and the move charging station that dropped to less than $5 but those are gone now too. But I agree with you about it probably being employees, I searched google shopping for the fat 360 that was $49.97 and it showed that the Richardson Square store and I went to see if they had it and the electronics employee refused to look in the stock room for it because I "didn't have an item number" and two days later it showed up as out of stock on google shopping.

I picked up a DSi Princess Bundle for $42.50, a Burgundy and Bronze DSi XL for $30 apiece, and a Nintendogs Pink 3DS Bundle for $40, last Thursday. I didn't see any 360's, PS3's, or PSP's. They were all located on a 75% off table. I decided to make a trip back tonight, since the associate in electronics said the sale had started the Monday before. The table was gone and I noticed that several of the items that I saw on the table were back at their normal clearance price.

My co-worker was extremely happy with the Princess bundle since two of his girls were sharing one DS. All will find good homes and there will be no profit.

[quote name='ImperialPie']Back from a long hiatus. So I'm not sure if this has been talked about (too lazy to read through 2 months of posts) but Sears electronics will be going through a huge reflow. In this reflow they are keeping the video game section HOWEVER games will be now narrowed down to top 10 or 20 (I can't remember) with all consoles. The word given to me from my manager is that in our area all clearance video games (maybe accessories) are to be return to the vendor by the end of September. Not sure if this true for every store.

I'm not sure if there will be anymore huge clearance drops as I think most things will be put on VOM. So the manager will be marking down the items him/or herself. Which will be great.

Thought I would share some inside info for everyone.[/QUOTE]
Thanks Pie, I looked forward to your posts when I used to just lurk here :whistle2:#.

Also, manager's discretion clearance is a double edged sword, good for discounts when you see them, but random in the timing of them that I'm sure I would miss out on the big drops.

[quote name='Havokscry']I picked up a DSi Princess Bundle for $42.50, a Burgundy and Bronze DSi XL for $30 apiece, and a Nintendogs Pink 3DS Bundle for $40, last Thursday. I didn't see any 360's, PS3's, or PSP's. They were all located on a 75% off table. I decided to make a trip back tonight, since the associate in electronics said the sale had started the Monday before. The table was gone and I noticed that several of the items that I saw on the table were back at their normal clearance price.

My co-worker was extremely happy with the Princess bundle since two of his girls were sharing one DS. All will find good homes and there will be no profit.[/QUOTE]

The xl's are exactly what I'm waiting for. I want one and the other is going to a friend so doesn't know it yet.

[quote name='superhippy1986']Too bad.. Figured we could share sales we find...[/QUOTE]

Still can if you don't mind traveling :p, i'm never near philly though

Local Sears had consoles for full price.

DSI XL rang up for $119.

Found a few Halo Reach Limited for $19.99 and Legendary for $59.99

Was going to put the Legendary back and the manager said he would sell it to me for $39.99

He said that they were trying to clear out all video games and most likely would stop carrying games in the future.

[quote name='gaggil']Local Sears had consoles for full price.

DSI XL rang up for $119.

Found a few Halo Reach Limited for $19.99 and Legendary for $59.99

Was going to put the Legendary back and the manager said he would sell it to me for $39.99

He said that they were trying to clear out all video games and most likely would stop carrying games in the future.[/QUOTE]

Maybe if you made an offer, he would've taken it. :lol:

[quote name='Olengie']Maybe if you made an offer, he would've taken it. :lol:[/QUOTE]

I tried to talk him down on the consoles but he said no way!!!

They had a bunch of DSI XLs so hopefully they will see another drop.

I did take him up on the $39.99 Reach Legendary because the box was in mint condition.

[quote name='JayRooster']Any chance anybody has been keeping track of the sears in Irving or Arlington, TX?[/QUOTE]

Went into Arlington today, they had quite a bit fewer consoles so I don't know if they clearanced out over the weekend or what. The consoles there were full price

Since the sears at granite run mall had those few things on a table can I assume that I have no reason to check them for at least a month?

[quote name='Kovorkian']dislike cities :p[/QUOTE]

Yeah I moved from Felton Delaware. Way in the country.... Nice house, dog, and now I'm in an apartment.... Hate being around ghetto people!

And see I'm the exact opposite. I used to have to go up my dads' place in the country for 2 weeks outta each month every summer when I was a kid and I fuckin' hated it. Giant ass bugs that bit and stung, poisonous snakes(which seemed to make a nest in the gutter by his mailbox every year) and it seemed like it was 10 degrees hotter up there than in the city to me.

So I'd rather the city any day over country living. fuck the wilderness, fuck wildlife, give me paved streets and the ability to walk someplace and actually find something to do within that walking distance.:bomb:

[quote name='superhippy1986']Since the sears at granite run mall had those few things on a table can I assume that I have no reason to check them for at least a month?[/QUOTE]

Granite run, eh? What part of PA do you reside in exactly?

Went to the store on Maryland in Las Vegas today and one guy told three employees specifically everything is dropping on the 30th, but make sure not to mark anything down until September. Any other LV folks around here? Gotta hit them early on Thursday.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']
So I'd rather the city any day over country living. fuck the wilderness, fuck wildlife, give me paved streets and the ability to walk someplace and actually find something to do within that walking distance.:bomb:[/QUOTE]

Note: By "paved streets" he means Mom's Basement
and by "something to do" he means a bathroom

[quote name='confoosious']:lol:[/QUOTE]

Slowdive's comment was indeed worth an lol or two.

However I believe you do not understand bate and switch, you start off with your dominant hand and then you..... oh you said bait and switch, carry on

[quote name='slowdive21']Note: By "paved streets" he means Mom's Basement
and by "something to do" he means a bathroom[/QUOTE]
Wrong on both counts. I have my own room actually and I'm not relegated to the basement. But for the rest, let's just say I should own stock in Kimberly-Clark by now, since I use so many of their Kleenex.:evil:;)

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Wrong on both counts. I have my own room actually and I'm not relegated to the basement. But for the rest, let's just say I should own stock in Kimberly-Clark by now, since I use so many of their Kleenex.:evil:;)[/QUOTE]

Baby batter....

Well, turns out I'll be visiting Sears tomorrow after I'm done thrifting with my Mom. :lol: Let's see if there is any good deals this time. Missed out on the 75% clearance last time, maybe they upd it up a notch. xD

offtopic: people are getting temp banned left and right

ontopic: anyone find anything good at sears recently? (central pa ish) my local store is meh >.>

[quote name='Kovorkian']offtopic: people are getting temp banned left and right

ontopic: anyone find anything good at sears recently? (central pa ish) my local store is meh >.>[/QUOTE]

My local storing is holding out and not clearancing ANYTHING. No idea why either.

[quote name='Romeo']My local storing is holding out and not clearancing ANYTHING. No idea why either.[/QUOTE]

When the august mark downs happened they put NEW stickers on the items using JULY prices NOTHING was marked down game wise except handwritten >.>

some locations i go to now and then had prices above MSRP >.>

Went to Sears at granite mall & they had the same copy of Madden 12 or maybe it was 11 there for $5.50. Blu-ray players for $79.99 down from $100. I saw some unmarked stuff in case and asked to price check fall out new Vegas which was $15 and skyrim was $59.99.

[quote name='Romeo']My local storing is holding out and not clearancing ANYTHING. No idea why either.[/QUOTE]
If I had to venture a guess if they were going to eliminate anything further gaming wise, then I would say to wait till the first Friday in September, as that's when the normal monthly markdowns take effect.

The fact that ImperialPie chimed in and stated that it may be a free for all in terms of managers clearing out their stock (which I have seen more XX.00 price items recently, which are typically managers mark downs), I'm checking this Friday as well as the next. I think they were a bit earlier for August mark downs, so this Friday would be a safe bet if it wasn't too much out of your way.

September 7th (after Labor Day weekend) seems more logical however.

Wow, no new post in over 12 hours, the thread is back to normal (for now).

Anyways, nothing really new to report on clearance, except I did pick up a copy of :wii: Mercury Meltdown Revolution for my brother-in-law for $2.97 yesterday, but I had a question for everyone (especially those that have a good knowledge of Sears policies):

There is a sole copy of a game that is marked as $24.97, but has been ringing up clearanced at $12.97 since March. I have been scanning my sheet every month hoping for more drops, but not only did the price stay the same, but this past month it seems to be out of the system (rings up on the scanners 'Please see Associate'). I'm assuming this means its return to vendor at this point (or an employee miscounted stock and zeroed it out of the system), though can anyone confirm or deny this assumption?

Also, what are the chances of me talking to a manager about getting a lower price (in the $5-8 range) and actually getting it for that, instead of them assuming the overpriced $24.97 point?

It would also help to not look like a scammer in the process, so anyone with previous experience would be a good start.

[quote name='Billytwoshoes']Wow, no new post in over 12 hours, the thread is back to normal (for now).

Anyways, nothing really new to report on clearance, except I did pick up a copy of :wii: Mercury Meltdown Revolution for my brother-in-law for $2.97 yesterday, but I had a question for everyone (especially those that have a good knowledge of Sears policies):

There is a sole copy of a game that is marked as $24.97, but has been ringing up clearanced at $12.97 since March. I have been scanning my sheet every month hoping for more drops, but not only did the price stay the same, but this past month it seems to be out of the system (rings up on the scanners 'Please see Associate'). I'm assuming this means its return to vendor at this point (or an employee miscounted stock and zeroed it out of the system), though can anyone confirm or deny this assumption?

Also, what are the chances of me talking to a manager about getting a lower price (in the $5-8 range) and actually getting it for that, instead of them assuming the overpriced $24.97 point?

It would also help to not look like a scammer in the process, so anyone with previous experience would be a good start.[/QUOTE]

is the seal in damaged condition? managers can easily mark down something 50% off for any little imperfection

Nice find today

Fight Night Champion Xbox 360
Resistance 2 PS3
Professor Layton and the Last Scepter DS
Mario Sports Mix Wii

Out the door for under $14 ill take that anyday. Manager said next months mark downs will be just as good. Said most of the triple A titles that they had a ton of BM ACity CODMW3 ES SR etc should get a nice price slash.

[quote name='spacegundam0079']Nice find today

Resistance 2 PS3
Mario Sports Mix Wii

Out the door for under $14 ill take that anyday. Manager said next months mark downs will be just as good. Said most of the triple A titles that they had a ton of BM ACity CODMW3 ES SR etc should get a nice price slash.[/QUOTE]

Wow, good to know! How much was the copy of Resistance 2? I've been looking for a sealed black label copy cheap for ages!

Resistance 2 PS3
Mario Sports Mix Wii

Out the door for under $14 ill take that anyday. Manager said next months mark downs will be just as good. Said most of the triple A titles that they had a ton of BM ACity CODMW3 ES SR etc should get a nice price slash.[/QUOTE]

Were they marked as a percentage off? Or was that all that was marked down to cheap-o levels?

[quote name='Kovorkian']is the seal in damaged condition? managers can easily mark down something 50% off for any little imperfection[/QUOTE]
Unfortunately the game is in pretty good condition, and even if they were to do a percentage off, they would probably take it off the $24.97 value. A good idea to try however.

Has anyone else try to bargain with the management and been successful without becoming suspicious?

[quote name='Billytwoshoes']Has anyone else try to bargain with the management and been successful without becoming suspicious?[/QUOTE]

What are we supposed to say? "These games aren't moving so take $5 off pretty please"

[quote name='Billytwoshoes']Unfortunately the game is in pretty good condition, and even if they were to do a percentage off, they would probably take it off the $24.97 value. A good idea to try however.

Has anyone else try to bargain with the management and been successful without becoming suspicious?[/QUOTE]
I've never done it at a retail store chain before, but I have done it at a thrift store when they've had something at an absolutely ridiculous price for over a month without selling(Transformers 1-3 "official/bootleg Chinese set"). I ended up getting that for around $20 because it sat there marked $100 for over a month.:whistle2:#

[quote name='superhippy1986']What are we supposed to say? "These games aren't moving so take $5 off pretty please"[/QUOTE]
It's not a matter of it not moving, its a matter that its out of the system, and more than likely they will just return it to vendor. I'm not sure how much credit they will get for it when it goes that far (that is why I ask if someone has knowledge of Sears policies, perhaps from the inside), but I'm seeing if I could match whatever credit they would get.

Probably an outside chance, but I though I would give it a shot regardless.

The games had price tags on them that were outdated from jan and rang up at about $3 . They had a ton of guitar/band hero games , petz games , shovelware wii games loads of homefront darksiders and portal 2 for the pc. Lots of $10 games off top of my head were DE HR , TH Bundles and MLB something maybe 11

[quote name='Billytwoshoes']It's not a matter of it not moving, its a matter that its out of the system, and more than likely they will just return it to vendor. I'm not sure how much credit they will get for it when it goes that far (that is why I ask if someone has knowledge of Sears policies, perhaps from the inside), but I'm seeing if I could match whatever credit they would get.

Probably an outside chance, but I though I would give it a shot regardless.[/QUOTE]

at Kmart employees tend not to give a shit so they'll type in whatever at prompt, I don't know about sears but some stores will sell cheap before returning to vendor, guy at the blockbuster closing down in state college said something about fees for return to vendor

Resistance 2 PS3
Mario Sports Mix Wii

Oh hell nooooo. Just found out I will be leaving to Vegas on the 6th thru the 11th of Sept.

:(

bread's done
Back