Official Sears Clearance Thread II - post Sears finds/deals here

Went to a sears in Fairfield, Ca and was super excited to find a PS3 key/chat pad. Priced at 34.99 but asked an employee to scan it. It wouldn't ring up to a price. So he checked on his computer and told me he couldn't sell it to me. Told me, their sending them back to the remanufatured. :(

Got the Sony PS3 Wireless 7.1 Surround Sound Stereo Headset for $46.xx($50 after tax)! Turns out, the giant sticker someone slapped on them was the wrong price. They didn't flinch to give them to me for that price. These things make Dead Space Extraction a LOT more interesting!:cold:

Lowest I've seen them clearanced for was $67.99.

Grabbed a :ps3: Deus Ex with slipcover for $9.97, a :360: Enchanted Arms with Graphic Novel for $4.97 and some Sony Headphones for $11.97. I didn't even know Deus Ex has a slip.

Went to a Sears here, since I was hunting for a copy of Once Upon a Time.

Their game clearance prices were horrid. Kingdom Hearts Re:coded was like $23. Dragon Quest IX was $19.97. A couple games were higher than MSRP.

Bought a bunch of 82.5% off shirts, since I haven't shopped for clothes in about 3 years. $5-6 a piece for Structure and FCUK shirts was awesome.

[quote name='coopscohen']Grabbed a :ps3: Deus Ex with slipcover for $9.97, a :360: Enchanted Arms with Graphic Novel for $4.97 and some Sony Headphones for $11.97. I didn't even know Deus Ex has a slip.[/QUOTE]

I've seen an Enchanted Arms at one of my Sears for AGES and its never hit clearance once. This post just gave me a little hope.

[quote name='elessar123']Went to a Sears here, since I was hunting for a copy of Once Upon a Time.

Their game clearance prices were horrid. Kingdom Hearts Re:coded was like $23. Dragon Quest IX was $19.97. A couple games were higher than MSRP.

Bought a bunch of 82.5% off shirts, since I haven't shopped for clothes in about 3 years. $5-6 a piece for Structure and FCUK shirts was awesome.[/QUOTE]

IDK if there are sears clothing outlets near you, but they give away 1 free item of clothing every Tuesday. I got some structure stuff from them for free.

Here is a link: http://hunt4freebies.com/free-piece-of-apparel-at-sears-outlet-stores-on-august-28th/

[quote name='Kovorkian']at Kmart employees tend not to give a shit so they'll type in whatever at prompt, I don't know about sears but some stores will sell cheap before returning to vendor, guy at the blockbuster closing down in state college said something about fees for return to vendor[/QUOTE]

I haven't been in retail in a while and haven't spoken to any buyers since then buy I presume that things still work the same way. Typically a vendor return only occurs when the original purchase order includes a guarantee for a certain number of sales in a designated amount of time. (Let's say Sears agrees to buy 500,000 copies of Madden '13. The contract might say that EA agrees to buy back any unsold copies if Sears doesn't sell at least 300,000 in 90 days.)

Since Sears is putting these titles on clearance, I would assume there is no vendor return in play. If anything, they'll box the stuff up and sell it to Kmart (for accounting purposes they will "sell" the items to themselves) or a liquidator (such as Big Lots).

[quote name='Devil May Cry']I've seen an Enchanted Arms at one of my Sears for AGES and its never hit clearance once. This post just gave me a little hope.[/QUOTE]

Enchanted Arms is so good, F THE HATERS.

[quote name='Jack_Frost']Enchanted Arms is so good, F THE HATERS.[/QUOTE]

I'm ready to pounce on the Enchanted Arms when it goes on clearance. It's good too since its the boxed version.:lol:

[quote name='Mospeada_21']There's also a Sears by Oakridge Mall off of Blossom Hill in San Jose, CA. Then there's another Sears by Eastridge Mall off of Tully Rd in San Jose, CA. And another Sears in Newpark Mall in Newark, CA.

I think that really sums up the South Bay fairly well.

I decided to pick up their wired 360 controllers. Got tired of finding batteries and to improve input response by eliminating wireless lag. I don't know about some folks, but damn, playing on wired controllers makes a noticeable difference!! I'm gonna set aside my wireless ones for relaxed, casual, single-player games. And go full blown wired for online competitive play.[/QUOTE]

Speaking of which, you guys see anything at the Oakridge location?

Was at the state college sears today,

grabbed GoW chains of olympus for psp 5 and mercury game for wii for 2.97

saw a large cart full of games to be sent back to retailer Re:coded was still 23 at the location msrp for that has been 20 everywhere i have gone lately it was in the return to vendor bin

Saw a TON of new additions to a Sears clearance yesterday. Games and some accessories. Didn't scan too much. Should've asked if Dark Souls(ps3) was 50% off scanned price or sticker price. I forget what it was stickered, but it scanned at $19.xx.

Had an odd occurance today. Google locator showed that Nascar 2011 PS3 was $24.97 @ my local store. Went in-store and it had a sticker of $24.97 from March. Rang it up and it came up as $9.97

I understand the stickers being wrong since it was from march, I just found it odd that the Google locator had the wrong price for the PS3 version but it had the right price for the 360 version that the same store also had.

There is a blue donkey kong dsixl bundle at my sears that I have been price checking forever and it is always 129 :( This last time though the guy was trying to sell it to me saying that they paid $165 for it so it wont go any lower and will just eventually get zeroed it if it doesn't sell at that price. 129 is way above my buying price, any chance it will go down any more?

Oh, man. I've had my eye on an Enchanted arms with Comic for several months. Last month they finally put it on clearance to 19.98. Now I go in and it's gone. Wonder what they knocked it down to on the 1st. Damn shame the one listed as Enchanted arms w/comic on Amazon turned out to be comicless.

This kinda made me laugh
Portal 2 :pc:/:mac: 4.97
Portal 2 :ps3: 24.97
Portal 2 :360: 29.97

Looks like a lot of PC games were cut. DA2 was also 4.97

Went back to a Sears where they had a bunch of Those Enchanted Arms with novel.. lol all of them vanished.. hope that Ebay reseller enjoys paying people to take the game off his/her hands...

[quote name='Stanley the Bugman']I haven't been in retail in a while and haven't spoken to any buyers since then buy I presume that things still work the same way. Typically a vendor return only occurs when the original purchase order includes a guarantee for a certain number of sales in a designated amount of time. (Let's say Sears agrees to buy 500,000 copies of Madden '13. The contract might say that EA agrees to buy back any unsold copies if Sears doesn't sell at least 300,000 in 90 days.)

Since Sears is putting these titles on clearance, I would assume there is no vendor return in play. If anything, they'll box the stuff up and sell it to Kmart (for accounting purposes they will "sell" the items to themselves) or a liquidator (such as Big Lots).[/QUOTE]
This was exactly the kind of information I was looking for earlier, thanks. So much for my original idea.

Anyways, either the drops have become completely random now, or we already had the September drops, but I did notice a few new things on Google shopping dropping in price, though nothing on the titles I checked in store. The only thing I see new worth noting was the :ps3: Move Starter Bundle w/ Sports Champions for $59.97 (it rang up around $80 last month), but I think even then most people would wait for it to drop even lower.

:ps3: Killzone 3 for $9.97 does seem like the best thing to look for right now.

When I was at state college there was a lot of games displaying may and june tags however a few ere september
Since Sears is putting these titles on clearance, I would assume there is no vendor return in play. If anything, they'll box the stuff up and sell it to Kmart (for accounting purposes they will "sell" the items to themselves) or a liquidator (such as Big Lots).
because that will get them out the door, a ton of games have upc stickers at Kmart (at least the burnham one did) that made the price 15 even for titles that were previously cheaper

Those games with the UPC stickers over the original UPC's are actually a specially purchased lot of games and not just games that they restickered with new UPC's.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Those games with the UPC stickers over the original UPC's are actually a specially purchased lot of games and not just games that they restickered with new UPC's.[/QUOTE]

nope they were restickered because it was the same games they had before like the exactly 1 copy of Muramasa I bought the other for 3.75 .... They ring up different too

Also went to my sears to get KH:BBS for 12.97 sealed >.> sold it they had 6 PSP games when I was there 2 weeks ago, and now they have 5....

Sidenote: I believe I saw the local el hoardo as there was only one other guy in electronics and the games where just scatter with the exception of the psp games....

Thanks to whomever mentioned the Enchanted Arms with comic for $4.97, I picked one up at a Sears I go from time to time. The only other interesting thing I saw was :wii: Harvest Moon: Magical Melody for $4.97 with a Sep. clearance price tag.

Since we don't really have a regular Sears insider to give us the heads up as to what's up and the clearance drops are so YMMV and reliant on managers' prerogative anymore your guess is as good as ours.

Glad I went to Sears today. I felt like they placed a bunch of random tags on the games. I'll be waiting for next month to see if anymore get serious. Been meaning to pick up Resistance III, Killzone III, FF XIII, etc. Hope I get lucky again the next time I come around. :lol:

Saw Transformers: WFC was 9.99 for 360. I passed up on it cause I wanted the PS3 version. :x There were others like GOW: Chains for 5 but I'll hold out. Lol.
Also saw :pc: Portal 2 for 5. xD

Picked up :360: Enchanted Arms w/ book for 5 (I still wanna pick up the PS3 version though) So glad I found it; it was in the bin and not on the shelves and I thought someone else got to it before I did.
:360: WWE All Stars for 5 (Needed manager override, supposed to be 20ish.)
:ps3: Homefront for 5

Came out a happy camper.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Olengie']Glad I went to Sears today. I felt like they placed a bunch of random tags on the games. I'll be waiting for next month to see if anymore get serious. Been meaning to pick up Resistance III, Killzone III, FF XIII, etc. Hope I get lucky again the next time I come around. :lol:

Saw Transformers: WFC was 9.99 for 360. I passed up on it cause I wanted the PS3 version. :x There were others like GOW: Chains for 5 but I'll hold out. Lol.
Also saw :pc: Portal 2 for 5. xD

Picked up :360: Enchanted Arms w/ book for 5 (I still wanna pick up the PS3 version though) So glad I found it; it was in the bin and not on the shelves and I thought someone else got to it before I did.
:360: WWE All Stars for 5 (Needed manager override, supposed to be 20ish.)
:ps3: Homefront for 5

Came out a happy camper.[/QUOTE]

Not bad! I just recently checked a nearby Sears of mine but they pretty much had the same stuff. They also drastically reduced the gaming section, the original three cases of games (Nintendo, Sony, Microsoft) has been compressed down to just one.

[quote name='Devil May Cry']Not bad! I just recently checked a nearby Sears of mine but they pretty much had the same stuff. They also drastically reduced the gaming section, the original three cases of games (Nintendo, Sony, Microsoft) has been compressed down to just one.[/QUOTE]

Such a shame. They aren't restocking the games so I guess whatever is left is left. Like what everyone else is saying, I think my Sears will get rid of their games in the oncoming months. They already took out the Movies a long time ago. I just hope I'm able to get some of the clearance action when it happens.

Deus Ex and L.A. Noire were also 9.99. I already have Deus Ex but I'll get Noire later on. I might stop by once every week to see if they went down yet.

And for the life of me, I cannot find a scanner in the store. :lol:

[quote name='Olengie']Such a shame. They aren't restocking the games so I guess whatever is left is left. Like what everyone else is saying, I think my Sears will get rid of their games in the oncoming months. They already took out the Movies a long time ago. I just hope I'm able to get some of the clearance action when it happens.

Deus Ex and L.A. Noire were also 9.99. I already have Deus Ex but I'll get Noire later on. I might stop by once every week to see if they went down yet.

And for the life of me, I cannot find a scanner in the store. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Check the hardware section, they almost always have one ;)

[quote name='Devil May Cry']Check the hardware section, they almost always have one ;)[/QUOTE]

Oooo. Thanks! I'll see if they have it next time I come around. :D

Pisses me the fuck off that at sears today the security worker told me they are shipping back pretty much all the games back to the manufacture rather then lower the clearance prices any more.

Then an electronics worker there told me he was full of crap and that the other day they had PS3 Sony controllers for $3..... WTF. I wish they would just hurry up and send that crap back and get out of the video game business so I can stop going to sears forever.

Hey I'm gonna be selling a red 3DS this Sunday (that's when I should receive it by). Looking to sell cheap/fast so please PM with your offer. I can send high res pics to your email or phone. Only comes with charger and 3DS no box. $80 OBO

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Three bucks for a PS3 controller? I'd be checking Sears every day if I knew I had the chance to snag some of those.;)[/QUOTE]

Thought you weren't talking to me.... Hater...

No new tags yet, but found the previously posted titles at my local:

PS3
Blur $4.97
Homefront $4.97
Killzone 3 $9.97

Picked up Blur and passed on the others. Hopefully more drops tomorrow?

I was doing some travel today so I was able to stop by a Sears that is waaaay out of the way. This particular store had lots of clearance games and the PSP core system for $119 (5% off) back in the spring. When I stop in today they were in the process of dismantling most of the game cases and put all stock in one small case. The PSP was STILL at $119. There were only a few shovelware games in the clearance box except for L.A. Noire Complete Edition with no price tag. I didn't even bother trying to find a scanner since I already have the game.

They moved all the gaming items into one aisle here in Springfield, IL. But, sadly, no good discounts to be had. Hopefully in the following weeks, the managers will decide to do something about that.....

I went back after I saw all the stuff was gone at Exton, PA and spoke to someone I know there. Turns out that they had actually marked pretty much everything at least 50% off as far as hardware, and then most of the other accessories down to $1. Kind of burns since it was naturally on a day I didn't go even though I had been visiting nearly once every week.

[quote name='DarthWoo']I went back after I saw all the stuff was gone at Exton, PA and spoke to someone I know there. Turns out that they had actually marked pretty much everything at least 50% off as far as hardware, and then most of the other accessories down to $1. Kind of burns since it was naturally on a day I didn't go even though I had been visiting nearly once every week.[/QUOTE]

One person did post pictures of his receipts for that location with those prices weeks ago. I think that is the main cause of everyone checking other locations for Manager Markdowns.

bread's done
Back