Official Sears Clearance Thread II - post Sears finds/deals here

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']You know, instead of complaining about the color/size of a font, you could just do like a few of us do and write down(on actual paper) what you're looking for and just go from there.

Not all of us have iPhones(hell, I don't even have a damn cell phone) and most of us would prefer something we can read when we log onto this site from home as opposed to having to squint to see the grey text just to suit those with iPhones.[/QUOTE]

It was just a thought, not a personal attack on you and your family. You gave your opinion which is good and you can then move on. It's easier to have an up-to-date list at all times than writing things down before I go out. Like I said, it was a thought, I can deal with it.

Stopped by sears and picked up Spider man web of shadows for $9.99.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']You know, instead of complaining about the color/size of a font, you could just do like a few of us do and write down(on actual paper) what you're looking for and just go from there.

Not all of us have iPhones(hell, I don't even have a damn cell phone) and most of us would prefer something we can read when we log onto this site from home as opposed to having to squint to see the grey text just to suit those with iPhones.[/QUOTE]

I don't see how changing the color of the text (there really isn't that much) from white to anything else would be such a problem. For those that don't know, the background on the iphone CAG is white, while regular text shows up black.

I third the iPhone complaint, but I think that complaint has to go to Cheapy and not this thread. Why not make the iPhone version of the page have a black background and white text, just like the full version, and then any custom colors would look fine. Plus there are other reasons to complain, such as not being able to send PMs via the iPhone version - I always have to change to the full size version in order to do that. Etc.

[quote name='SnotRocket']It was just a thought, not a personal attack on you and your family. You gave your opinion which is good and you can then move on. It's easier to have an up-to-date list at all times than writing things down before I go out. Like I said, it was a thought, I can deal with it.

Stopped by sears and picked up Spider man web of shadows for $9.99.[/QUOTE]

Unlike you though, I didn't and I don't usually take anything personally on here. But if you don't like the way the list is in the OP on this thread, you could always send yourself the list in an e-mail rather than hassling the OP to change it just for you and a select group of other people. Just a thought...

[quote name='irishsoccermbw']I don't see how changing the color of the text (there really isn't that much) from white to anything else would be such a problem. For those that don't know, the background on the iphone CAG is white, while regular text shows up black.[/QUOTE]

Well, the dark grey color that the dormant and out of system items are on the list in are kinda hard to see on the grey/black background of the normal CAG page, but you don't see me asking the OP to change the OP to suit me, do you?

[quote name='phear3d']im changing the colors to a more suitable color for iphone viewing. would rose pink do ;P[/QUOTE]
Thank you. Hot pink would be perfect. ;)

[quote name='phear3d']done. anything else? want freedom fries with that? :)[/QUOTE]

ZOMG MY EYES!! Change it back to white, grey n chartreuse dammit. iPhone owners be damned.:bomb::D;)

And yes, I'm kidding
before those who think I took this 'zomg personal' go off again.:razz:

I picked up WII Pikmin for $9.97 in Clearwater Fl. They had a few more in the case. Iam in the area on a business trip til then end of the week.

[quote name='fatboyjam']While posted in the old thread, I didn't see it on the consolidated list. NHL 09 (360) for $4.97. Picked up 2 in Denver.[/QUOTE]

Mighty fine price, and tempting. But I still haven't played a full season in NHL 07!

Waiting for $5 price on Prince of Persia.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']... and most of us would prefer something we can read when we log onto this site from home as opposed to having to squint to see the grey text just to suit those with iPhones.[/QUOTE]

The issue is that the iPhone version of CAG is on an almost white background, and when you force text to white you can barely see it. If you leave text the normal color used for posts (the color you are reading here) it's automatically changed to black and you can read it fine. Pretty much any color will do except pure white.

And I did paper for years before I got an iPhone -- but now that I have my phone with me why should I have to bother with anything else.

phear3D -- thanks for making the change -- it looks much better. Just to let you know that the top text of the thread is still unreadable, but it's not as essential as the product listing itself.

[quote name='daminion']The issue is that the iPhone version of CAG is on an almost white background, and when you force text to white you can barely see it. If you leave text the normal color used for posts (the color you are reading here) it's automatically changed to black and you can read it fine. Pretty much any color will do except pure white.[/QUOTE]

Of course, the alternate option would be to ask Cheapy to consider changing the iPhone version so that the background color on it matches that of the site (I'm assuming, of course, that this would be one setting somewhere that could be changed easily). That way, there wouldn't be any issue with colors anywhere on the site (assuming, of course, that it's not a problem on the full site as well).

Headed from Eugene to Portland coming back from taking care of my gf who went to the emergency room. Checked out each Sears along the way back. Picked up last copy of Assassin's Creed for PS3 for 9.97 at Salem. They also had a number of copies of obscure for wii for the same price. There wasn't much of anything at the Springfield and Washington Square ones. (Although washington square has a clearance bin, but nothing worth mentioning.)

One thing I have noticed, they all have special tags for the xbox 360 1600 point card "As Advertised" for 24.99. I'm pretty sure that's overpriced.

[quote name='Gbear09']

One thing I have noticed, they all have special tags for the xbox 360 1600 point card "As Advertised" for 24.99. I'm pretty sure that's overpriced.[/QUOTE]

Hey, why pay $19.99 when you can go to Sears, wait 10 mins for someone to help you and pay $24.99?

I'm a little confused, I'm new here. Did they really sell a 120gb hard drive for 9.47??! I'm baffled and sick i missed that sale if thats what happened. I've got 3 360s and only one has a 120gb on it. Are any of these still going on?

[quote name='daminion']And I did paper for years before I got an iPhone -- but now that I have my phone with me why should I have to bother with anything else.[/QUOTE]

Because I said so?:lol: Kidding. But this is what makes me laugh, is that people expect ya to bend over backwards to suit their needs when you're the OP of a thread and many times they're never happy no matter how many changes you make.

Hopefully you guys are satisfied, though now it's kinda fluorescent on my screen and semi unreadable, so thanks...:razz:

Kidding on that too.

[quote name='CXK']I'm a little confused, I'm new here. Did they really sell a 120gb hard drive for 9.47??! I'm baffled and sick i missed that sale if thats what happened. I've got 3 360s and only one has a 120gb on it. Are any of these still going on?[/QUOTE]
If you can find them. Most things that are such a drastic drop, like the 120 GB HDD for $5, 512MB MU for $2, or Rock Band special edition for $15, usually sell out in the first week, if not picked up and placed in the back room by employees.

[quote name='polishpride212']If you can find them. Most things that are such a drastic drop, like the 120 GB HDD for $5, 512MB MU for $2, or Rock Band special edition for $15, usually sell out in the first week, if not picked up and placed in the back room by employees.[/QUOTE]

One of the sears I went to had a number of those in stock, but they were selling for I think 180 a piece, no clearance sticker around to be found.

Went to my Sears today. They had the video camera/movie game for the 360, but it was marked $19.99. I asked the manager and he said that was the price. The sale price-tags on stuff had there OWN barcode next to the sale price. Is this there way of overriding price-drops?? I didn't have him scan it though as I figured the ORIGINAL on package barcode would come up on-sale, but there own printed one would be what they scanned??

[quote name='Gbear09']One of the sears I went to had a number of those in stock, but they were selling for I think 180 a piece, no clearance sticker around to be found.[/QUOTE]

They're not always marked correctly, so you may want to scan them.

[quote name='CXK']I'm a little confused, I'm new here. Did they really sell a 120gb hard drive for 9.47??! I'm baffled and sick i missed that sale if thats what happened. I've got 3 360s and only one has a 120gb on it. Are any of these still going on?[/QUOTE]

While $9.47 was the last reported price drop, most didn't last that long. Around here, there were plenty selling at $70, most sold at $50, all were gone at $30. Not to say you couldn't still find one cheap as plenty of Sears don't mark their clearance stuff down (a couple posts up, someone recently found some - and it's definitely worth a scan regardless of what it's marked).

Last edited by a moderator:
I picked up these yesterday...

:360: WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2009 - $9.97 - Price tag was listed at $19.99
:wii: Pikmin - $9.97 - Price tag was listed at $19.99
:wii: Nerf N-Strike Switch Shot Ex-3 Gun - $7

Went tonight to my local Sears in Clovis CA & found the following:

Madden 09 (PS3) $9.97
Tiger Woods 09 (PS3/360/Wii) $9.97
NCAA Football 09 (PS3/360) $9.97
Madworld (Wii) $9.97
Pikmin (Wii) $9.97
Tekken 4 (PS2) $14.97
Smackdown Vs Raw 2009 (X360/PS3) $9.97
NHL 09 (360) $4.97 (PS3) $9.97
Midnight Club LA Remix (PSP) $9.97
Endwar (PSP) $9.97
Socom (PS3) $19.97

There were other clearance games, but none of them popped out to me besides these titles. I did get Forza 2 scanned (not PH but the original) but it came back at $19.99. I was hoping to find FIFA 09 for PS3 but came up short....

Are these prices universal? Because the Sears near me has an assload of games, but all have price tags at the regular price. Will it ring up cheap?

[quote name='Fire_Thief']Are these prices universal? Because the Sears near me has an assload of games, but all have price tags at the regular price. Will it ring up cheap?[/QUOTE]

YMMV. Technically all Sears run on the same systems, its just for whatever reason some store's clearances drop down at different rates, or not at all. Its unknown why, but the only thing I can think is maybe it has to do with how long something has been in inventory at that store.

What I do is buy the game for full price then take it to a store with it properly clearanced and do a return/rebuy. If they say they're not allowed to do adjustments/pricematches on clearance items, just tell them to show you the sign. Once they do, its easy to point where it only says "Clearance Apparel" (clothes) can't be adjusted.

[quote name='Devil May Cry']Not too shabby. Is the Socom game only or the bundle?[/QUOTE]

Socom is without headset. If it was with headset, it would have been bought ;)

found 3 copies of folklore for $2.97 each. one for me, and for me, and another one for me. forget my imaginary friend.

[quote name='Fire_Thief']Are these prices universal? Because the Sears near me has an assload of games, but all have price tags at the regular price. Will it ring up cheap?[/QUOTE]

Clearance prices are unfortunately YMMV(your mileage may vary), which means that the prices at your store may or may NOT be as cheap as other Sears stores on the same items.

I believe this is actually covered in the first post if you read it in its entirety.

And Bezerker, you're a better CAG than I, since I would just wait for that store with them at full price to catch up to the clearance prices at the other ones. I've lost out on untold deals due to being too cheap to buy at full price and return and rebuy at another store.

[quote name='phear3d']found 3 copies of folklore for $2.97 each. one for me, and for me, and another one for me. forget my imaginary friend.[/QUOTE]

You deserve those copies, phear3d. Thanks for the thread.

[quote name='joe50000']Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia scanned at $9.99 on clearance.[/QUOTE]
OMFG! i was just there and saw two of them! so now i have to go back. is it 9.99 or 9.97?

has anyone able to find the older ds models on clearance? i cant find it to scan.

[quote name='phear3d']found 3 copies of folklore for $2.97 each. one for me, and for me, and another one for me. forget my imaginary friend.[/QUOTE]

Lucky find considering it dropped to that price a few months ago. So it's not out of the system?

Not a clearance item, but I saw my sears had copies of Raiden Fighters Aces for $15. Decent price, though not much better then Amazon.

My Sears had Action Replay DS on clearance for $1.97, 2 in stock, 1 left now.

Also noticed the HD-DVD drives, but sticker read $50, didn't bother to have them price check it.

[quote name='phear3d']OMFG! i was just there and saw two of them! so now i have to go back. is it 9.99 or 9.97?

has anyone able to find the older ds models on clearance? i cant find it to scan.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, 9.97. It was a clearance price when I scanned it.

I guess it's YMMV, seems like it's new to the system. This Sears updates prices literally on the hour. I guess it's because the workers have nothing better to do because no one goes there LOL.

Anyway, I already have this game but i'm more than happy to trade for it. PM me if interested.

I'm looking for Endless Ocean for Wii, and Retro Game Challenge and Rhythm Heaven for DS.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='chatgirl4']
Also noticed the HD-DVD drives, but sticker read $50, didn't bother to have them price check it.[/QUOTE]
go back and get it. it should be $4.97 or less

I really need to stop looking at this thread. I'm short on money and it all sounds so tempting...

[quote name='HydroX']Recently moved and my 'new' Sears doesn't sell video games. fuck! My old one was a GOLD MINE.[/QUOTE]

Ouch.

[quote name='Devil May Cry']I really need to stop looking at this thread. I'm short on money and it all sounds so tempting...
[/QUOTE]
if youre thinking about picking castlevania, you should consider that kmart and tru still have them at full price. when they put them on clearance im sure it'll be cheaper. i cant wait for tru to clearance them out for $5 :bouncy:. so for the time being, i'll pass.

besides someone else has to confirm it. i think it might be another regional.

bread's done
Back