Official Sears Clearance Thread II - post Sears finds/deals here

Nah, it's just that a lot of Sears near me are just catching up on the last good wave of clearances. MK vs DC is a must get for me too if I can't borrow my cousin's copy.

I would like to wait for TRU clearances, but my local ones never have games on clearance. They usually sell out before they even hit clearance prices. Even then, I almost always miss them.

If I were to print out UPCs, do I just ask the person at the desk to ring them up? Is there any reason they would give me any trouble or grief about it?

[quote name='momouchi']If I were to print out UPCs, do I just ask the person at the desk to ring them up? Is there any reason they would give me any trouble or grief about it?[/QUOTE]

They probably would give you grief, asking an employee to do anything out of the ordinary is usually like pulling teeth.

Use the price checkers located around the store, they are usually in a blue box.

I'll look for those next time I go with my UPCs. Thanks for the help, I hate dealing with employees who get annoyed if you ask them for anything.

[quote name='HydroX']Recently moved and my 'new' Sears doesn't sell video games. fuck! My old one was a GOLD MINE.[/QUOTE]

You're not talking about the one at the Columbia Mall in Bloomsburg area, are ya? I remember when they were clearing out their gaming section a few years ago when they were getting rid of new Xbox S Controllers for $4.97 each.

I should've bought a stockpile of them.

[quote name='phear3d']go back and get it. it should be $4.97 or less[/QUOTE]

I will make a trip tomorrow to purchase it then :)

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']You're not talking about the one at the Columbia Mall in Bloomsburg area, are ya? I remember when they were clearing out their gaming section a few years ago when they were getting rid of new Xbox S Controllers for $4.97 each.

I should've bought a stockpile of them.[/QUOTE]

No it's near the Kmart you always forget the name of that you mentioned was a mess before :D
Susquehanna Mall
I was at the Sears at the Columbia Mall about a year ago and even though they stopped carrying (sp?) video games they still had a WWE & Guitar Hero game around.

[quote name='FOnewearl']No it's near the Kmart you always forget the name of that you mentioned was a mess before :D
Susquehanna Mall
I was at the Sears at the Columbia Mall about a year ago and even though they stopped carrying (sp?) video games they still had a WWE & Guitar Hero game around.[/QUOTE]

Nah I moved to Oklahoma....

[quote name='arsenalcrazy8']I can confirm Dragon Quest IV for DS for 9.97. Didnt see it listed on the front page though...[/QUOTE]
Good to hear, my local Sear has been playing with the clearance prices for the last few months so it (And the recently dropped PS3 games) didn't drop, but I think a Sears about 10 miles farther south had a copy.

[quote name='FOnewearl']No it's near the Kmart you always forget the name of that you mentioned was a mess before :D
Susquehanna Mall
I was at the Sears at the Columbia Mall about a year ago and even though they stopped carrying (sp?) video games they still had a WWE & Guitar Hero game around.[/QUOTE]

I finally made it to that mall about a year or so ago. It was weird seeing a mall seemingly in the middle of fuckin' nowhere.

I was right near it about 3 years ago with an ex of mine I was still friendly with, but it was mid summer and she was giving me the ol' stink eye and I figured I'd have been walking home from there so I decided not to stop.:whistle2:#

Just a heads up (probably mentioned before) that the Sears near me (MD) had all of their clearance games out as usual, but almost all of them had "new" UPC stickers on the back that all rang up as $14.99. I pulled one label off and managed to have Quake (PS3) ring up as it should: $4.97. :)

Just a heads up (probably mentioned before) that the Sears near me (MD) had all of their clearance games out as usual, but almost all of them had "new" UPC stickers on the back that all rang up as $14.99

I noticed this too, were you at the Frederick store? It looks like they also took a bunch(but oddly not all) of their GH PS2 games and put them in with the clearance games, although they still seem to be set at $20.

I also noticed they had one of those PS2 3-Packs for $9.99 that had Neo Geo Battle Colliseum, Fatal Fury Archives File 2, and Superman Returns. I could care less for supes, but getting the other two for $5 each isn't too bad. I wanted to check and see what else might be on clearence first though, can anyone else verify dragon quest?

[quote name='arsenalcrazy8']I can confirm Dragon Quest IV for DS for 9.97. Didnt see it listed on the front page though...[/QUOTE]

Scanned at $9.97 for me too.

I don't understand Sears sometimes. Was close to my local sears so I stopped in. I have the list of clearance games on my phone saved as a text file and noticed Blue Dragon was one of them. Go to scan it, $20. I then see a bunch of GHIII PS2 bundles. I scan those, $50. If something doesn't sell, why raise the price 4 times the clearance price?

[quote name='sizzlorr']Just a heads up (probably mentioned before) that the Sears near me (MD) had all of their clearance games out as usual, but almost all of them had "new" UPC stickers on the back that all rang up as $14.99. I pulled one label off and managed to have Quake (PS3) ring up as it should: $4.97. :)[/QUOTE]

OK....I'll start the usual multi post tirades that tell you that you were in the wrong for taking off that new UPC sticker, as those games with the new UPC sticker are a new batch of games that the store bought and NOT old clearance stock.

What you did essentially amounts to price switching to some extent.

:shame::shame:

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']...that new UPC sticker, as those games with the new UPC sticker are a new batch of games that the store bought and NOT old clearance stock.[/QUOTE]

Normally, I'd say yes, you're correct, but I saw this exact same copy of Quake in the bin two weeks ago (I remembered it because of a tear in the bottom of the seal). It wasn't new stock.

[quote name='sizzlorr']Normally, I'd say yes, you're correct, but I saw this exact same copy of Quake in the bin two weeks ago (I remembered it because of a tear in the bottom of the seal). It wasn't new stock.[/QUOTE]

Nevertheless, you still committed fraud by removing the new UPC. You should have bought it the non-scummy way two weeks ago when it was legitimately $4.97.

stopped by sears today...saw mario tennis npc for 14.97.

dont know if thats in this thread or anything, so i aplogize if wrong.

I wouldn't mind seeing a new batch of holiday value bin UPC games. Then next year we can get them for $0.97 each just like in January - March this year almost all the value games from the Holiday 2007 value games were $0.97.

[quote name='YoshiFan1']I wouldn't mind seeing a new batch of holiday value bin UPC games. Then next year we can get them for $0.97 each just like in January - March this year almost all the value games from the Holiday 2007 value games were $0.97.[/QUOTE]

i wouldnt mind either,

but the thing is now yoshi... since most sears have been picked dried and clean, its gonna be sports titles from 08 and pirates of teh carribean. lulz. amirite?!!?

Went back to check to see if the 120 gb hd would scan at a different price and computer screen showed rang up at 179.99... more than the current msrp of the hd!

[quote name='Gbear09']Went back to check to see if the 120 gb hd would scan at a different price and computer screen showed rang up at 179.99... more than the current msrp of the hd![/QUOTE]

It's possible the price got jacked up for Black Friday. That way they can put a discount on that price and say it's cheaper.

Ok, there's one flip mino black video camera left at the Niles, OH Sears @$39.99

It's in a case under the counter at the end of one of the aisles.

For those of you in East Texas I just got back from the Sears in Tyler and the pickings were very slim. I price scanned probably 15-20 games in all including Orange Box, Oblivion, SF4, No More Heroes, and Mass Effect. Only one of which indicated a clearance price (Pikmin @ 9.97) :bomb:.

[quote name='gomikeoh']i wouldnt mind either,

but the thing is now yoshi... since most sears have been picked dried and clean, its gonna be sports titles from 08 and pirates of teh carribean. lulz. amirite?!!?[/QUOTE]

If they use existing stock yes, but if it is like the Holiday 2007 Value Games that was new stock brought in specifically as value games. I think they were even in cardboard displays at one point. Then we might find some better games.

[quote name='dabamus']FYI, the Flip Mino video camera is down to $39.99

I'll post where I saw this after I go back and buy one. :p[/QUOTE]
The one at my store says $99.99, with a i think the date 11/14....

I was able to get the Guitar Hero III Bundles for PS3 and one for Xbox 360. My Walmart had them priced at $49 and got a $40 gift card. Also got World Tour Bundles for PS3 for $55 and get a $40 gift card.

There were still more PS3 ones on the shelf but I did not see any Wii and only the one Xbox 360 which I purchased. They were not marked at the store I was at but as soon as they rang them up it prompted them to issue a gift card. It doesn't show how much the gift card is on the register until they finish processing the gift card. I rang them each up seperately and rolled the gift cards and saved the last one for Black Friday. Again thanks for taking the time to post. The kids are going to love them.

I picked up :360: Tomb Raider Anniversary for $9.97 plus tax. I also saw a cardboard bin full of games for each system marked with $14.97 stickers right next to where my local Sears keeps its clearance games.

[quote name='phear3d']castlevania OoE is $29.99. its regional :([/QUOTE]Wow, never seen a regional drop here. Guess that explains why I was the only one to find it, or at least the empty shelf and the clearance tag.

[quote name='dinovelvet']Almost time for new December price drops...this week maybe?[/QUOTE]Should be this week IF they do one. Crossing fingers for drops to 4.97 from 9.97. Especially Pikmin.

[quote name='ets']The one at my store says $99.99, with a i think the date 11/14....[/QUOTE]

Just had the flip mino scanned at my Sears and it came up as $99.97. I noticed that it rang up as $39.99 for some so that means it wasn't even on clearance for them and that was the regular/sale price, which I find hard to believe. Either way good buy for those who were lucky enough to get it.

[quote name='zpoor17']Just had the flip mino scanned at my Sears and it came up as $99.97. I noticed that it rang up as $39.99 for some so that means it wasn't even on clearance for them and that was the regular/sale price, which I find hard to believe. Either way good buy for those who were lucky enough to get it.[/QUOTE]

If it ended with a .97, doesn't that mean it entered the clearance cycle? If so jackpot

[quote name='irishsoccermbw']If it ended with a .97, doesn't that mean it entered the clearance cycle? If so jackpot[/QUOTE]
Yeah, but that was the clearance price.

[quote name='dinovelvet']Almost time for new December price drops...this week maybe?[/QUOTE]

yea price drops should be in effect dec. 4th

Last year the price drops were on Thursday December 4th. I remember because I ran to Sears right before closing and picked up the Singstar Bundle Vol 1 for PS3 for $9.97.

If anyone sees a flip mino at the Chapel Hill, OH Sears that is marked "Clearance - Used" DO NOT BUY IT! I returned it because it didn't hold a charge, and they printed out a clearance-used tag to stick on it.

EDIT: It was 39.97 when I originally bought it, I erroneously posted it as 39.99

[quote name='youngnahj']yea price drops should be in effect dec. 4th[/QUOTE]

price drops on what??? meaning older games? specific games? or just random inventory there trying to get rid of???

[quote name='dachemists']price drops on what??? meaning older games? specific games? or just random inventory there trying to get rid of???[/QUOTE]

Don't know, Don't know, Don't know, and Don't know. No doubt someone will post a list in the next few days.

if someone wants to dig the old thread and find out if there was a drop in december '08 it would save us alot of time speculating. but who knows.. as it is, i still see alot of older titles, most notable ones are wii games since they rarely mark em down except for the push-it-aside titles like naruto and the yearly sports games.

there are some nice additions to the sears inventory lately though.. budget bundled titles.. as some of you may remember these were marked down almost a year or so after (07 bundles) they had them. they ended up at $1.97 and some of you regulars got them for .97! who knows maybe we'll still have to wait around 6 months to 18 months before they become .97. it'll be nice to pick them up at that price, but even better at .47 cents..

I just looked at some old posts and from memory, from the December 08 drops I got:
PS3 SixAxis Controllers, $15.97
NFL Head Coach XBox, $0.47
Singstar PS3 Bundle, $9.97
Singstar Amped Bundle, $1.97
Donkey Kong Barrel Blast Wii, $4.97

So there were some good drops last December.

The problem is this year, there is very little right now at the $9.97 - $14.97 price point so I don't see much dropping to $4.97 or less.

I wouldn't mind seeing the games being less YMMV and enter the clearance cycle that are currently full price but on clearance at other stores like Animal Crossing Wild World finally dropping lower than $34.99 it is priced at my local Sears.

Yeah there were drops last December.

I remember getting :ps3: Full Auto 2 for $4.97.

Was it 12/08 when Halo 3 CE dropped to $4.97 as well?

[quote name='dabamus']If anyone sees a flip mino at the Chapel Hill, OH Sears that is marked "Clearance - Used" DO NOT BUY IT! I returned it because it didn't hold a charge, and they printed out a clearance-used tag to stick on it.

EDIT: It was 39.97 when I originally bought it, I erroneously posted it as 39.99[/QUOTE]

That's common practice, it's then sent to service to determine it's status; defective or sell-able.

bread's done
Back