Official Sears Clearance Thread II - post Sears finds/deals here

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']
:ps3:WWE Smackdown Vs. Raw 2010-$5.97(but didn't realize till I got home that someone stole the fuckin' disc:bomb:, have to try going to my closest store tomorrow for a swapout for another copy or a refund)
[/QUOTE]

That happened to me recently too with a copy of Little Big Planet. I took it back, told them the cd was gone and they refused to take it back. Manager said I could of been the one to take it in the first place (even though I could of returned it cold turkey without saying a thing about the missing disc). I contacted SHC-Gamer, and he gave me a gift card refund so all was well.

I had the same thing happen to me about 6 weeks ago. I foolishly had not looked close enough at the game to notice that there was no shrink wrap on it. The cashier was equally foolish and when I got home I look at it an open it up and it's empty. I took it back to the store and told them and I got a refund. I would not have settled for anything less.

I've seen so many open games at Sears before, but their electronics department is totally clueless about it. Obviously if they don't pull their clearance titles to update the prices they aren't going to notice if games have been opened and stolen.

[quote name='rawrker']That happened to me recently too with a copy of Little Big Planet. I took it back, told them the cd was gone and they refused to take it back. Manager said I could of been the one to take it in the first place (even though I could of returned it cold turkey without saying a thing about the missing disc). I contacted SHC-Gamer, and he gave me a gift card refund so all was well.[/QUOTE]
I wouldn't accept any less than a full cash refund, since there's nothing at Kmart/Sears around here that I'd even bother buying at this point, especially since the local Sears is pretty much cleaned out of anything clearance.:cry:

Did someone reseal it IATCG? Otherwise, it's hard to believe you don't check the seal with all the games you buy.

When I buy a new game, I always check the seal.
When I buy used, I check the disc before purchase and I make sure the disc is in there before I leave the store (and that it is the correct disc).

This happened to me with Mafia 2 GH, the guy at Gamestop gave me the regular version but I noticed it before I left. The same thing happened when I tried to buy the Sith Edition of SW:TFU, dude gave me the regular version. It sucked too because someone had taken in the regular version as the Sith Edition lol.

[quote name='shoe478']Did someone reseal it IATCG? Otherwise, it's hard to believe you don't check the seal with all the games you buy.

When I buy used, I check the disc before purchase and I make sure the disc is in there before I leave the store (and that it is the correct disc).
[/QUOTE]

The thieves are pretty good in my area. They pop the seal on PS3 games and get out the disc from the side. Now I try to see through the case to make sure there is at least a disc in there.

[quote name='shoe478']Did someone reseal it IATCG? Otherwise, it's hard to believe you don't check the seal with all the games you buy.

This happened to me with Mafia 2 GH, the guy at Gamestop gave me the regular version but I noticed it before I left. The same thing happened when I tried to buy the Sith Edition of SW:TFU, dude gave me the regular version. It sucked too because someone had taken in the regular version as the Sith Edition lol.[/QUOTE]
I checked it and it was only after I got home that I realized someone had sliced up along the right hand side and popped the game out of the case that way.

Believe me, I usually nitpick on sealed games to make sure they're truly sealed and that there's at least something in the case via the rattle test. But maybe I was a bit rushed yesterday, since my boss had asked me to look for a new clip for his cell phone while I was out looking for deals.

Unfortunately now that means I'll most likely have to open ALL of the games I bought yesterday, since I don't trust the 'rattle test'(shake the case to see if you hear a disc in there) to be 100% accurate.

There was actually an opened copy of :ps3:TNA Impact in the same store in one of their clearance bins, but unlike SDvR10 the game was still in that one.

[quote name='Jacoblee23']I am at sears and they have the ps3 version of singularity for 9.99. How good of a deal is this? Should I grab it?[/QUOTE]

At $10 it's a good buy. I'm suprised it's still there after being on clearance this long.

[quote name='dinovelvet']At this point you might as well wait till Friday for possible drops.[/QUOTE]
So the drops are this Friday right?

[quote name='JAlbertL']So the drops are this Friday right?[/QUOTE]

yes supposedly the first friday of the month. But are you supposed to go on that friday (assuming later time) or the next day

[quote name='slowdive21']The thieves are pretty good in my area. They pop the seal on PS3 games and get out the disc from the side. Now I try to see through the case to make sure there is at least a disc in there.[/QUOTE]

Its the same thing for the Sears/Kmart in my area too. I got completely fooled on the LBP copy, but its a lesson learned to inspect it all closely. The DS games though, people literally tear off the plastic, take out the game and toss it back in the case. There are dozens off DS cases sitting like that and the workers don't even notice.

[quote name='JAlbertL']So the drops are this Friday right?[/QUOTE]

I believe it is next Friday. This Friday is not part of a week that is entirely in this month.

Didn't drops happen on the first in July? I think the old rule of thumb concerning the cutoff date of the 4th is out the window. Even on that standard drops would occur this Friday since it's the 5th so I expect drops to occur this Friday.

[quote name='jdawgg76']Didn't drops happen on the first in July? I think the old rule of thumb concerning the cutoff date of the 4th is out the window. Even on that standard drops would occur this Friday since it's the 5th so I expect drops to occur this Friday.[/QUOTE]

I thought last months drops were not on the 1st but I don't really remember. Of course we could always go look about 20 pages back and see?

[quote name='jdawgg76']Didn't drops happen on the first in July? I think the old rule of thumb concerning the cutoff date of the 4th is out the window. Even on that standard drops would occur this Friday since it's the 5th so I expect drops to occur this Friday.[/QUOTE]
Nope. Price drops happened on 7/8 as posted on page 235. I've always known drops to occur on the second Friday (8/12) of the month, but I don't know about the 4th cutoff date rule.

[quote name='strait edge follower']I dead somewhere that people are finding the dragon quest games for the ds for 6 bucks, is this true ?[/QUOTE]

lol you dead somewhere.

You could just read the thread but yes dragon quest iv i believe it was

[quote name='msriflegirl']the Durham sears was pretty dry the last time I went with the exception of some Tony Hawk bundles, DJ Hero, and other music type bundles. They had a crap load of Wii games in a box right in front of the electronics section.

The Cary Sears makes you work a little harder for the good stuff since they rarely sticker their clearance games anymore. They do have a stand with a bunch of PS2, Wii, and DS accessories with clearance stickers. Many of them have May stickers, so I am sure they are going for less than marked.

I live like 2 minutes from the Cary location and I pass by the Durham location every day going to/from work.[/QUOTE]

thats my sears. i picked up a lot of good stuff last drop including the band hero kit. you are right though they never mark anything

[quote name='bredbu']lol you dead somewhere.

You could just read the thread but yes dragon quest iv i believe it was[/QUOTE]

Lmao the dreaded auto correct strikes again. Anyway, if someone finds one (part 5 in particular) can you let me know ? Mabye we can work something out.

[quote name='slowdive21']The thieves are pretty good in my area. They pop the seal on PS3 games and get out the disc from the side. Now I try to see through the case to make sure there is at least a disc in there.[/QUOTE]

This makes me wonder if there is some forum on the web where thieves post their most recent "lifts"...

[quote name='strait edge follower']Lmao the dreaded auto correct strikes again. Anyway, if someone finds one (part 5 in particular) can you let me know ? Mabye we can work something out.[/QUOTE]

5 isn't clearanced. IV is the one that's down to 5.97

[quote name='BmBoWnZ']5 isn't clearanced. IV is the one that's down to 5.97[/QUOTE)]

Im hoping for 5 to be clearanced. People say that is the best one to get if you are new to the series but I would gladly take 4 though if someone here finds it. Ill send you the money for it with the shipping cost

[quote name='TylerDurden313']Nope. Price drops happened on 7/8 as posted on page 235. I've always known drops to occur on the second Friday (8/12) of the month, but I don't know about the 4th cutoff date rule.[/QUOTE]Whoops. Looked back further and it was June I was thinking of when drops occurred on June 3rd. I still bet they'll happen this week.

[quote name='RedFoxCommando']This makes me wonder if there is some forum on the web where thieves post their most recent "lifts"...[/QUOTE]
There are a few.

[quote name='ZombieToast']There are a few.[/QUOTE]

When they inevitably get caught, do they refer to "BruisedAssGamer"?

BTW, drops always occur on the first Friday of the month. As usual, I'll be updating my previous list for when the markdowns go live.

[quote name='kouleefoh']Found the last copy of Singularity for $10. After hearing all the people rave about this game, I had to see what it's all about.[/QUOTE]

I should be getting my copy in the mail by tommorow. Hope we both enjoy this game :)

[quote name='strait edge follower']I should be getting my copy in the mail by tommorow. Hope we both enjoy this game :)[/QUOTE]

Singularity is actually pretty fun. You'll see a lot of resemblance to Bioshock in terms of gameplay wise, but overall it's a really fun game. Not as epic as everyone thought it would be, but still very fun and definitely worth $10, considering everywhere is still selling it for $30 and above.

[quote name='kouleefoh']Found the last copy of Singularity for $10. After hearing all the people rave about this game, I had to see what it's all about.[/QUOTE]

I just picked up the last $10 copy at my local store. I was sure it would be long gone after all of the recent discussion, but it's mine now.

[quote name='eldergamer']Is there no store locator for items like Target has? I'd really like to find that Ratchet and Clank for $5.

[/QUOTE]
Actually no, I'm not going to say to 'read the OP' as that hasn't been updated in forever. But had you read back in the thread at all you would've seen that people are using Google Shopping to determine what the prices for these games are at their local stores.;)

Go to Google, click on Shopping, then enter the name of games you've seen that have been mentioned as being on clearance at Sears.

Once it brings up the search results, click on any link that says 'nearby stores' and it should show you the price it'll ring up in store.

Got Brutal Legend (360) for $1.97 at Meriden, CT Sears.

They had Kung Fu Riders (PS3, Move Only)for $7.xx and Dead Rising 1 for $9.xx (360) and Red Steel 2 $24.xx (Wii).

They had the original Persona 3 in the big ass box (!) but it wasn't on clearanced, or at least labeled clearance.

Sonofabitch. The store I was at last week(where I bought the opened copy of :ps3:SDvR 2010 with the game missing) is STILL showing in stock for the 4gb Memory Stick Pro Duo's, even though they were nowhere to be found.

Something tells me the guy who supposedly buys up clearance there to sell at the local flea market(according to the girl who rung me up anyway) has them stashed in the back someplace waiting for a price drop to $1 or something. fucker.

For reference the Meriden, CT did show FFXII and Punch Out in stock, two games I would buy but they are not there.

So either stolen or someone is stashing them.

If someone wants to go back the Black PS2 was labeled $99 but it looks like It's been opened (tape across) so I wasn't gonna bother asking about it.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Got Brutal Legend (360) for $1.97 at Meriden, CT Sears.

They had Kung Fu Riders (PS3, Move Only)for $7.xx and Dead Rising 1 for $9.xx (360) and Red Steel 2 $24.xx (Wii).

They had the original Persona 3 in the big ass box (!) but it wasn't on clearanced, or at least labeled clearance.[/QUOTE]

I was lookin for Persona 3 original... its 49.99 + tax... less than ebay.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Got Brutal Legend (360) for $1.97 at Meriden, CT Sears.

They had the original Persona 3 in the big ass box (!) but it wasn't on clearanced, or at least labeled clearance.[/QUOTE]

I actually found a Red Steel 2 and motion plus bundle for $20 at Kmart.

[quote name='RealDeals']I actually found a Red Steel 2 and motion plus bundle for $20 at Kmart.[/QUOTE]
It's that price at Target too. Or at least it was when I bought it.

How accurate are the price stickers on Sears clearance games historically? I see they have "JULY" written on them, so I guess the price is good in July?? Is there going to be a price drop for August?

:360: Orange box 4.97
:360: oblivion 4.97
:ps3: red faction guerilla 4.97
:360: 60 GB hd 19.97
:360: wireless controller game pack 19.97

That's all I found after scanning like 25 games

[quote name='Luuc']:360: Orange box 4.97
:360: oblivion 4.97
:ps3: red faction guerilla 4.97
:360: 60 GB hd 19.97
:360: wireless controller game pack 19.97

That's all I found after scanning like 25 games[/QUOTE]

Did you scan Singularity and X-men? I've been waiting for those to drop one more time since my sears is empty

bread's done
Back