Official Sears Clearance Thread II - post Sears finds/deals here

[quote name='Solomon87']You really have no idea what you are talking about kiddo. As someone who works for Target who is in a position to know, you are dead wrong.
Target routinely has clearance that goes 75 percent off all the time, especially video games. I have bought at least 50 games from my own department that have been at least 75 percent off all the time. You just kinda suck at checking apparently. Hell, we have professional Ebayers that i know personally that shop every morning for new markdowns and get stuff dirt cheap and make an insane profit off this stuff. Hell, i picked up 4 packages of 24 roll charmin toilet paper just a few weeks ago for 3 bucks each.

Target is an insane place to get clearance stuff that is super cheap and a lot of people know it. Unless you are willing to put in time to check the whole store for clearance at least once or twice a week, you are going to miss out on the really cheap stuff. We had a whole bunch of bluray movies that we're an online return, so they marked them down to 1.50 or 2.00 each and i snapped a lot of shit up that day.

And just for the record, no unlike a lot of you i don't stash shit, i wait till im on my break or done for the day before i buy the stuff. Target can and will fire you for stashing clearance stuff while you work. They take it very seriously, they fired a great manager who was going to be a store manager for having someone hold a clearance tv for them.[/QUOTE]

Very enlightening IMO. Thanks for all the info and now I know, I don't go early enough or the stores usually don't put anything up. Haha.

Went to sears in Arlington, TX just to see everything but the crappy games left in one Clearance bin, and one Wii cabelas hunter bundle in the other bin

[quote name='Byakurai']The reason everything is a crapshoot is because all of these discounts are based off of VOM reports. Every X number of days, an item will be added to the VOM reports if it doesn't sell after a particular number of days. As long as there is no activity on said items, they will continue to drop down in price every cycle. This is assuming that the store inventory is correct. If for some reason the store claims to have zero of a particular item, it will exempt itself from future discounts. I see this fairly often with backroom associates that don't check items in properly, returns that don't get processed properly, etc.

Anyways. VOM's are supposed to drop down. I know one date is the 15th of each month but there may be more. All of your local clearance prices are going to be based off of that list.

I just got copies of my list and there's nothing out of the ordinary. No games going below $9.97 that I didn't see coming, nothing worth going out of someone's way for. Not even the consoles are coming up clearanced.[/QUOTE]

Your VOM reports are similar to Target but what i don't like about your system for markdowns is that it doesn't mark stuff down anymore if it doesn't think you have anything left even if you do. With Target, we are well aware that as much as we try, counts on items can and will be off so let's say for example we find 5 copies of JOE BLOW'S RECK EM CREW for the WII but the system says we shouldnt have any and they are or we're clearance. If you scan the items as long as they haven't gone salvage, they will already be at the clearance price they should be at, which is nice since i will get a super cheap game!

[quote name='Olengie']Very enlightening IMO. Thanks for all the info and now I know, I don't go early enough or the stores usually don't put anything up. Haha.[/QUOTE]

I shit you not Olengie, every morning at 8am when we open two women who run an Ebay shop Canvas the whole store from top to bottom for any new clearance that might already be dirt cheap or to see if other markdowns occured, i was shocked that Target didn't ban them but hey, who am i to deny people making a living off Target. I think if anything our generous markdowns hurt Target.

[quote name='Solomon87']I shit you not Olengie, every morning at 8am when we open two women who run an Ebay shop Canvas the whole store from top to bottom for any new clearance that might already be dirt cheap or to see if other markdowns occured, i was shocked that Target didn't ban them but hey, who am i to deny people making a living off Target. I think if anything our generous markdowns hurt Target.[/QUOTE]

First time someone said my name. Haha. But all I can say is wow. Haha. And that's pretty ingenious of them to do so. I'll keep your words in mind, they were very helpful. :)

Forgot to post earlier. Everything was the same price at Henderson, NV save for one thing strangely. The skylanders were discounted down. Not quite certain by how much, but the 12 starter sets that were out the day before were no longer on the floor.

Probably for the best though. I'd most likely attempt to collect all the figures and then throw them in the closet.

[quote name='Solomon87']You really have no idea what you are talking about kiddo. As someone who works for Target who is in a position to know, you are dead wrong.
Target routinely has clearance that goes 75 percent off all the time, especially video games. I have bought at least 50 games from my own department that have been at least 75 percent off all the time. You just kinda suck at checking apparently. Hell, we have professional Ebayers that i know personally that shop every morning for new markdowns and get stuff dirt cheap and make an insane profit off this stuff. Hell, i picked up 4 packages of 24 roll charmin toilet paper just a few weeks ago for 3 bucks each.

Target is an insane place to get clearance stuff that is super cheap and a lot of people know it. Unless you are willing to put in time to check the whole store for clearance at least once or twice a week, you are going to miss out on the really cheap stuff. We had a whole bunch of bluray movies that we're an online return, so they marked them down to 1.50 or 2.00 each and i snapped a lot of shit up that day.

And just for the record, no unlike a lot of you i don't stash shit, i wait till im on my break or done for the day before i buy the stuff. Target can and will fire you for stashing clearance stuff while you work. They take it very seriously, they fired a great manager who was going to be a store manager for having someone hold a clearance tv for them.[/QUOTE]

I wish the target by me was like this. Unfortunately mine blows. Everything on clearance either 1.Shitty items go on clearance 2. It gets bought the day it goes 30% off,which isn't much of a saving,or 3. When it does go on clearance and no one buys it right away,it'll take them another 3+ fucking months to drop again,and by then you're better off getting it from BB,amazon,or hell,even GameStop. Case in point,I've been waiting to get F12011 (maybe 2012?) all summer cause it's been $30.xx since may and it still hasn't droped.It's not even worth checking at my store, unless it's around holiday season when they're making room for all the new games,and even then they sell out quickly.

Edit:sorry for talking about Targets clearance on the Sears clearance page.

[quote name='JayRooster']Went to sears in Arlington, TX just to see everything but the crappy games left in one Clearance bin, and one Wii cabelas hunter bundle in the other bin[/QUOTE]

Yep, been there twice this week looking for things. They have a ton of consoles, more than Ive seen there in a long time, but nothing worth even looking at price wise.

I work at Target too (Backroom Day -- formerly known as a "CAF Puller") and I pull the clearance games on Sunday for price changes. I see every game that is pulled and I'll just say we don't have games like we used to. I remember getting Vanquish for 360 for about $2.50, as well as a couple of other games for amazing deals. Now, most games I pull are old sports games or ones that just aren't a great deal (I think I remember Space Marine being like $14 or something). Really, the deals just haven't been as great to me either.

[quote name='JayRooster']Went to sears in Arlington, TX just to see everything but the crappy games left in one Clearance bin, and one Wii cabelas hunter bundle in the other bin[/QUOTE]

The collin creek mall in Plano, TX hasn't maked down shit. Plenty of games but lowest still around 20 bucks. No systems except a vita at full price. This location has turned to shit.

[quote name='kevinsutt']The collin creek mall in Plano, TX hasn't maked down shit. Plenty of games but lowest still around 20 bucks. No systems except a vita at full price. This location has turned to shit.[/QUOTE]

I also went to the one in Irving and they had a bunch a good games like killzone 3, heavy rain, BF3, and more that I can't remember but when the guy scanned them they were like $15 each and then the guy actually took heavy rain from me and said that they weren't selling that game anymore (complete bullshit). I'm gonna go back and see if anything has changed..

Didn't notice the clearance bin the other day. now I see it of course. a bunch of games at so so prices, and some accessories.

got a 3ds clean and protect kid for 2.00 not bad.

sears in cary, nc.

I noticed that sears.com listed a couple games in stock at my local sears (Lawrenceville, NJ). I tried a return / rebuy. Prices came up as full, not clearance. Employees were saying that these particular games were definitely on clearance last week, but the clearance is supposedly called off at this store and they're actually expecting new shipments of games. Not sure how reliable this info is, the game prices could have reset in the system because the stock hit 0, but the employees were pretty confident that this was the case. Also, one of the employees said the only game that was still on clearance was Skyrim. I did pick up Skyrim from them earlier in the week at clearance ($10). The price was still $10 today, but they had no more in stock (so the price didn't reset to full despite no stock).

Regardless, I doubt the consoles will be marked anytime soon here (they're still full price).

As stated in the other thread target varies greatly, I have personally seen things at my target that were much more expensive than target's on the other side of the country. I am just saying that over the years target has become more and more expensive and they mark down less and less at the store here. It wouldn't be worth it to canvas every day as that would take me a lot of time and gas and wear and tear on my car. Everything here gets sold at 15% off and only the worst items go past that. I did see a ton of games on clearance the other day but the prices were just not there.

75% off really isn't good enough for some games, especially those that start off at $60, it would have to be 90% off to make it a really good deal. Some games can be bought cheaper than that at other stores and uses.

[quote name='Solomon87']I shit you not Olengie, every morning at 8am when we open two women who run an Ebay shop Canvas the whole store from top to bottom for any new clearance that might already be dirt cheap or to see if other markdowns occured, i was shocked that Target didn't ban them but hey, who am i to deny people making a living off Target. I think if anything our generous markdowns hurt Target.[/QUOTE]
Generous markdowns? In what area of the country is the store you work in? I ask because here in the Northeast I end up having to go way far outta town for work before I ever see 75% off stuff that actually is still on the shelves. Once stuff here hits 30-50% off it's GONE here.:roll: Or at least the gaming stuff is. I have found deals in other sections of the store before, but most of it was crap I didn't need or want.
[quote name='Vap']I wish the target by me was like this. Unfortunately mine blows. Everything on clearance either 1.Shitty items go on clearance 2. It gets bought the day it goes 30% off,which isn't much of a saving,or 3. When it does go on clearance and no one buys it right away,it'll take them another 3+ fucking months to drop again,and by then you're better off getting it from BB,amazon,or hell,even GameStop. Case in point,I've been waiting to get F12011 (maybe 2012?) all summer cause it's been $30.xx since may and it still hasn't droped.It's not even worth checking at my store, unless it's around holiday season when they're making room for all the new games,and even then they sell out quickly.

Edit:sorry for talking about Targets clearance on the Sears clearance page.[/QUOTE]
You must live around my area then cuz that's exactly how it works around here. If I've bought 5-6 things on a decent discount from Target since I started shopping their clearance sections it's a miracle. The only gaming deals I've managed to get from them in the whole time I've been shopping their clearance are: :High Velocity Bowling, Bioshock 2 LE and one of those Uncharted Dual Packs w/ blue Dual Shock 3 for $5, $18 and $30 respectively.

The rest of the time it's a fuckin' waste to even stop there.:roll:

[quote name='kevinsutt']The collin creek mall in Plano, TX hasn't maked down shit. Plenty of games but lowest still around 20 bucks. No systems except a vita at full price. This location has turned to shit.[/QUOTE]

Dude, you are in Plano, TX... upper middle class, upper class white people all over the place. You will not see clearance at that Sears. You will have better luck in a ghetto Sears in Dallas or Ft. Worth. Not in Plano...:lol:

No special clearance at my sears, but picked up star fox 3ds for $25 (down from $30 last month). Not a huge deal, but cheaper than I can find it anywhere else. Got it since it dwindled from ~3 copies to just 1 left. Anybody see starfox cheaper at theirs? Doesn't show up on google shopping for me.

[quote name='oasisboy']Dude, you are in Plano, TX... upper middle class, upper class white people all over the place. You will not see clearance at that Sears. You will have better luck in a ghetto Sears in Dallas or Ft. Worth. Not in Plano...:lol:[/QUOTE]

lol :applause:

[quote name='oasisboy']Dude, you are in Plano, TX... upper middle class, upper class white people all over the place. You will not see clearance at that Sears. You will have better luck in a ghetto Sears in Dallas or Ft. Worth. Not in Plano...:lol:[/QUOTE]

Lol that's why I went to Irving and Arlington

Thats a good idea.... We shop in areas that are poorer... Poorer means less people to buy $60 games.... ITS GENIUS!!!!!!!

[quote name='Jack_Frost']idk about you but shopping "in the hood" or poorer areas has found me deals. mainly pawn shops and local smaller stores though[/QUOTE]
I've actually found more deals shopping in areas with a glut of malls and multiple Sears, Targets & Best Buys. Case in point: Syracuse NY area. There's three shopping malls(Shoppingtown, Carousel and Great Northern Mall), 3 or so Targets, 3 or so Best Buys, a ton of Gamestops and at least 1 TRU store. Albeit with the demise of TRU clearance for the most part I didn't even bother to venture into the one store up in that area aside from one time to check things out.

But I found tons of clearance games at the Sears in both malls and loads of pennied guides at the GS stores and more than a few good clearance priced games at the Targets up there. Couple that with a bunch of thrift stores I'd also check for gaming deals at times and I used to make out like a frickin' bandit.;)

Compare that to my area, where everything is duplicated from one city to another and there's still tons of GS stores, but I've found less really good deals here as opposed to out of town.

It's like people in areas with tons of the same stores just don't bother checking for deals or don't care for the most part.

Nothing to mention in Bellingham, WA today. Last weekend they had some ds handhelds for 80, but I wasn't interested. I have been keeping watch on the ps3 and xbox there, and neither of them have dropped any lower since they were marked down 10 bucks in may. All of the games are the same price they have been since may. The skylander packs are all full price. (I had a clerk scan a bunch of stuff and it was all priced as marked.)

I don't know if it was just a glitch in the system a while ago or not, but I noticed around 2-3 months ago that Google Shopping was bringing up the Black Friday 2011 PS3 bundle and showed a price of $150 or something. I doubt anyone's stores have any of them in stock by this point, but if you do you should have it checked.

Walden Galleria had 2 1600 point cards for $9.97. Grabbed them both.
McKinley had nothing. Probably wont have time to hit Eastern Hills this week.
I did get PC Space Marine and Deus Ex HR from Mckinley Best Buy for $5 a piece as well.

[quote name='JayRooster']Lol that's why I went to Irving and Arlington[/QUOTE]

Wait, Arlington participated? I picked up a few things, but the systems scanned at full price and there was no 50% tags like at the Frisco store.

Don't waste your time with Frisco, sale started last wk there and was 50% off. The tool from CGX snagged 3-4k worth of merchandise for his store next door. A few vita items left, like chargers and hard cases. Snagged one of each and some cheaper games, a few games left at 2.97 (4 psp and some terrible Ds games)... also some other games left but those were 50% off the last tagged price

Last edited by a moderator:

This isn't true at all. Collin creek actually has some of the better clearance in the area and I've been to all of the DFW area Sears. Even though it's Plano you're forgetting that it's the COLLIN CREEK MALL! All those upper middles go to North Park now.

Had to go in town today and stopped by a Sears. They've sold quite a few games since I was last there but nothing was any cheaper. However I did find the official Playstation Move Charging Station marked 4.97 on a table of random crap that said extra 60% off. So got that for 1.99, not too bad.

Stopped by Sears in Spokane, WA today. Every game in the store was in a clearance bin. However, the price were not clearance really. Most games were marked reduced but were about the same price you'd find them on Amazon or at GameStop even. Newer games (Skyrim, Mass Effect 3, etc) were full price. I was told they could not reduce the prices on those.

[quote name='kraftwerks']Walden Galleria had 2 1600 point cards for $9.97. Grabbed them both.
McKinley had nothing. Probably wont have time to hit Eastern Hills this week.
I did get PC Space Marine and Deus Ex HR from Mckinley Best Buy for $5 a piece as well.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for that update. I want able to check that store since I was on vacation. Hopefully they have some consoles go on sale as well. ;)

My response to all of this...

2616343_med.png

[quote name='Olengie']I would love the day when Sears but Skyrim on a heavy clearance.[/QUOTE]
Some of us already got the game for pretty cheap.;) I bought it at $60 and it went to $40 somewhere else, so I PM'd that. Then I dumped off that copy when it was getting $35 or closer to $40 and now I have a CE copy that I paid $60 to BB for, which reminds me I should see if I could PM that since I'm RZ silver, as it went down to $29.99 now.;)

:razz: I don't know about that. Before he seemed to lose interest in gaming recently, my one buddy was ALWAYS playing Skyrim. I think he said he had maybe 1-2 freezes and a few framerate drops, but nothing majorly game breaking.

Trust me... Its not worth the salt..
Froze my PS3 a lot of times to the point that I wasn't waiting around for a patch which is good because not one has solved all the problems but made them worse.

Shame.... considering its worth like $28..

[quote name='RedFoxCommando']This isn't true at all. Collin creek actually has some of the better clearance in the area and I've been to all of the DFW area Sears. Even though it's Plano you're forgetting that it's the COLLIN CREEK MALL! All those upper middles go to North Park now.[/QUOTE]

None of the ft worth locations are participating? I would think ridgemar since no one goes there anymore its mostly hulen there.

Sears at the Susquehanna valley mall did not have anything noteworthy yesterday, except that i would not expect a fire sale of clearance as they relieved some 3dsXLs in stock.

Sears at the mall in Frackville had nothing of note, except that there Xbox 360 250gb were marked down..... BY TEN fuck ING DOLLARS with clearance tags >.>

Edit: tags

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Some of us already got the game for pretty cheap.;) I bought it at $60 and it went to $40 somewhere else, so I PM'd that. Then I dumped off that copy when it was getting $35 or closer to $40 and now I have a CE copy that I paid $60 to BB for, which reminds me I should see if I could PM that since I'm RZ silver, as it went down to $29.99 now.;)[/QUOTE]

Nice work but I did even better:bought it on sale at BB for $35, then traded it in during the previous 100% trade in bonus when its base value was $17 so that was effectively a wash. Then turned around and got the CE for free as part of the B2G2 er....B2G1 deal;) BTW, I never had any issues with this game on my PS3, ever(tho I've only played it on the PS3 in my living room which has never freezed on me ever during a game). Unless you have a 360 as well, you should not hesitate to buy the PS3 version at these prices. It's a fantastic game!

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Some of us already got the game for pretty cheap.;) I bought it at $60 and it went to $40 somewhere else, so I PM'd that. Then I dumped off that copy when it was getting $35 or closer to $40 and now I have a CE copy that I paid $60 to BB for, which reminds me I should see if I could PM that since I'm RZ silver, as it went down to $29.99 now.;)[/QUOTE]

PS3? And is that at BB I'm guessing? (Not sure if you're PMing from elsewhere? Trying to look it up on BB and I forgot the trick to look it up. Any help fella's?

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']:razz: I don't know about that. Before he seemed to lose interest in gaming recently, my one buddy was ALWAYS playing Skyrim. I think he said he had maybe 1-2 freezes and a few framerate drops, but nothing majorly game breaking.[/QUOTE]

Yeah skyrim is an awesome game. It only froze once on me on my ps3 and I'm a level 35. Other times it would freeze for like 3 seconds and it would go back and that only happened like 4 times total on me. All in all, I would wait for Bethesda to come out with a GOTY (probably never going to happen on the PS3) before buying it now. Bethesda for some reason thinks less of us PS3 users which is why I traded my skyrim to best buy for $32 which is awesome since I bought it for $20 on Craigslist :)

[quote name='ToxicTwistOfFate']Checked the Sears here in Waterford, CT and there was nothing on sale.[/QUOTE]

Nothing at Buckland either. Same prices since July.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']:razz: I don't know about that. Before he seemed to lose interest in gaming recently, my one buddy was ALWAYS playing Skyrim. I think he said he had maybe 1-2 freezes and a few framerate drops, but nothing majorly game breaking.[/QUOTE]

I have a friend who is a strict Nintendo fanboy, and I mean STRICT. However, he has an Xbox to play Skyrim, and has spent dozens upon dozens of hours on it.

[quote name='superhippy1986']Trust me... Its not worth the salt..
Froze my PS3 a lot of times to the point that I wasn't waiting around for a patch which is good because not one has solved all the problems but made them worse.

Shame.... considering its worth like $28..[/QUOTE]

I think it just depends on what kind of PS3 You have and how much wear and tear on it because for me, skyrim only froze once but that was with all the patches (I got the game around when update 1.5 came out for PS3)

bread's done
Back