Official Text to Win Thread 2010-2011

So... I won GT5 in the Fiery Footlong Frenzy 3 days ago, then won 400pts from Ford yesterday, and 400pts from Ford again today. I'm going to have a horrible string of bad luck soon.

Alright, I'm a Ford driver and won twice on the Ford contest, so we can throw out that conspiracy now too. But honestly, everything else in my life has the worst luck in the world so maybe it does have something to do with driving a Ford...

Thanks so much, this is such a helpful thread. I'm sure Ubisoft is also holding one to win the Assassin's Creed Brotherhood beta, but I forgot what number you're supposed to text. They had a couple posters up about it at PAX last weekend by the Ubisoft booth.

Haha I was entering these things everyday and not winning, lost interest and stopped for a few days, then won the FORD one Thursday and now the JCP one today. Thanks again to all who put this thread together.

[quote name='Kaiju Nexus']Tried entering in Ford contest this morning, got a "service is temporarily down" message...[/QUOTE]
I sent the text this morning and got no response at all.

[quote name='CouRageouS']Just tried Ford right now and it responded but took a few minutes, not instant like usual.[/QUOTE]
Wow, mine was delayed. Sent it at 8:04 this morning, got it right now at 12:50.

Wow, I was on a road trip today and decided to text 'JCP', got no immediate response then about an hour later I got a text saying I won.

Funny thing is I haven't won at all and now after just buying points off somebody the other day I am gonna try to recoup some of the money I spent and sell it...

Wow, I was on a road trip today and decided to text 'JCP', got no immediate response then about an hour later I got a text saying I won.

Funny thing is I haven't won at all and now after just buying points off somebody the other day I am gonna try to recoup some of the money I spent and sell it...

JCP stopped responding 2-3 days ago for me, but won on my phone and my moms phone today (my dad's phone won last week).

I've never gotten a text back from the ford one.

Does anyone know what premium messaging is? When I text the number for The Event (GMR Marketing) it replies with a message saying that "Premium Messaging to this mobile number has been blocked. Only the account owner may request a change to this setting with his/her wireless service."

[quote name='The Ju1ce']Does anyone know what premium messaging is? When I text the number for The Event (GMR Marketing) it replies with a message saying that "Premium Messaging to this mobile number has been blocked. Only the account owner may request a change to this setting with his/her wireless service."[/QUOTE]

Whoever is the account owner requested a block on premium messaging. Services like Jamster are considered premium messaging and so parents tend to block it so their kids cannot sign up for such services (9.99/month ring tone and game services). The downside is free sites and giveaways/promotions also often use premium messaging for their stuff but they do not charge.

That is really frustrating..Such bullshit man. I really want Dead Rising. To people who have one multiple times, can you possibly give me a code so I can buy Dead Rising: Case Zero?

[quote name='RallyV']I have a pre-paid cell phone. Has anyone won with one? Just curious if winners had a plan or not.[/QUOTE]

I have a tracfone and have won a few times.

FINALLY! I won :D!. The best part was i forgot to enter for today, was going to send a text, and right before i hit send "You WON!" pops up.

So buying Deathspank and the sequel now

I got the text from Beats I redeemed the code expecting 400 or 800 MP but got 1600!
What do they get from these texts? What's the point- won't they LOSE money if they're giving away all these points?

bread's done
Back