Official WarHawk Discussion: **Patch 1.5/"Falling Star" OUT!**

[quote name='method47']I haven't played Warhawk since I got it last year, and I only played it a bit then. whats the best way to get into it? Should I download all the updates and booster packs?[/QUOTE]

Personally I found just jumping into Deathmatch was the easiest thing to do when I first started up, if you have the bandwith hosting your own game helps a lot too, that way you at least pick a level you like and learn with it. Just give yourself a few hours to get a feel for it.

[quote name='js1']I think this is going to be my main game for a awhile.. I just need to convince my wife that I NEED the booster packs.[/quote]

Get it now while it's that cheap. All 3 packs are on sale, I don't think that will last once Thursday rolls around...

I think with all the new blood joining in, there should be a night with a CAG newbie-only server. Some of us have been playing for about a year now, and a lot of the comments/complaints/discoveries are things we've worked out a long time ago. The best way to learn and really enjoy the game is to play with others who aren't going to slaughter you so quickly ;)

Believe me, this game is more than worth the GH price if you give it some time!

Do all game types now have rocket packs? I was playing last night on Metaly's server and every game, regardless of the map, had rocket packs. Was this a setting he chose or can I expect it on every server now?

Not all games will have them. I just picked the Fallen Star versions of some of the old layouts so we could try them with the packs.

[quote name='Zyzomys']Do all game types now have rocket packs? I was playing last night on Metaly's server and every game, regardless of the map, had rocket packs. Was this a setting he chose or can I expect it on every server now?[/quote]

Expansion vehicles are added based on map settings regardless of type of game. And it's a choice thing so don't always expect it.

[quote name='Cthulhu8u']Get it now while it's that cheap. All 3 packs are on sale, I don't think that will last once Thursday rolls around...

I think with all the new blood joining in, there should be a night with a CAG newbie-only server. Some of us have been playing for about a year now, and a lot of the comments/complaints/discoveries are things we've worked out a long time ago. The best way to learn and really enjoy the game is to play with others who aren't going to slaughter you so quickly ;)

Believe me, this game is more than worth the GH price if you give it some time![/quote]
Did they ever take down the last bundle? I know it lasted for a while either way.

[quote name='metaly']Not all games will have them. I just picked the Fallen Star versions of some of the old layouts so we could try them with the packs.[/quote]
:hot:
What's with the new sig?

[quote name='metaly']I love tanks. :cool:[/quote]
How many of those have you made?

If you ever make one that has a 'nife 'n a 'nade, let me know.:cool:

I'm thinking like skull and crossbones, but with a knife and a wrench as the crossbones and a grenade as the skull. Maybe a little too detailed for the small size...:lol: That would be sweet though...:drool:

[quote name='mguiddy']

Make sure you haven't muted people on the pause screen.
Make sure you have the chat output set correctly (you do that in the XMB, not in game)
Can they hear you?[/quote]

I have open mic clicked on, no one is muted. Mic just sucks ass in this game. It didn't work for 3 games straight, then the next game I could hear people talking. I swear, if it's not one thing it's another.

As much as I don't like Warhawk (REALLY tried getting into it) the new Jetpack update has me intrigued. I sold off my copy and wished I had kept it now lol

Played the game when it first came out. Wish it had the tutorial back than, might've kept it. Maybe I'll rent it and be the random jumping guy that Wombat mention, is it really like that, where people don't commicate and randomly do their own things?

The trophies are good stuff -- so far I have

Warhawk Trophies:

• Bandwidth Doner​
  • Enlistee​
  • Hat Trick​
  • World Victory​
  • Anti-Air Ninja​
  • Invincible​
  • Resourceful Driver​
  • One In A Million​
  • Remote Pilot​
  • Tail Shaker​
  • Emergency Evasion​
  • Hit List​
  • Vengeance​
  • Daredevil​
  • Ground Pounder​
  • Combat Driver​
  • Pilot's License​
  • Bandit Award​
  • Recognition Of Merit​
  • Chief Sergeant​
  • Minesweeper​
  • Reckless Pilot​
  • Behind Enemy Lines​
  • Survivalist​
  • Collector​
I think thats equal to 26%​

[quote name='Thongsy']Played the game when it first came out. Wish it had the tutorial back than, might've kept it. Maybe I'll rent it and be the random jumping guy that Wombat mention, is it really like that, where people don't commicate and randomly do their own things?[/quote]

The CAG clan is pretty casual. But Warhawk rarely needs communication. If you can't tell where you're needed based on what other folks are doing, I doubt someone telling you is going to help much.

What's everyone opinion on boosting trophies?
I did a few last night after the game just so I won't have to think about them anymore (why I hate trophies/achievements). I spent way too much time the last two nights trying to get trophies instead of having fun.

Also... call me crazy but there should have been some sort of limit on jetpacks.
The way it is now it's like everyone can get their own personal mini hover-only warhawk. They are fun and all, but... I don't know... they just get annoying... especially on small maps...

The only trophies/achievements I'd really consider boosting are ones that unlock something good in the game (like in Mass Effect or Battlefield). Since Warhawk's are just for show, I prefer to let them come naturally so they actually mean something. Sort of along those lines, I like checking profiles to see what medals and ribbons people have since those say more about someone's play style than the crazy requirements the trophies have. I'd spend hours poring over my BF2142 squad's stats to see what our strengths were. :drool:

With that said, I'm considering faking the Lone Wolf/Cowboy trophies since those are just absurd and I don't expect anyone to earn those legitimately.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong or I need to reset the game, but I can't playing any songs through XMB. Isn't the custom soundtrack feature for Warhawk the XMB version?

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Maybe I'm doing something wrong or I need to reset the game, but I can't playing any songs through XMB. Isn't the custom soundtrack feature for Warhawk the XMB version?[/QUOTE]Yes it is. I never tried during the gameplay, but tried on the menu and it worked fine.

It worked once before, so it's not the songs.

I need 30 team points in a game to go up a rank, though that seems impossible from my recent performances. Is there a specific game mode I should try to get that?

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']It worked once before, so it's not the songs.

I need 30 team points in a game to go up a rank, though that seems impossible from my recent performances. Is there a specific game mode I should try to get that?[/quote]
I think most people say it's easiest to get team points in zones.

Play a Zones game and just spend the entire time capturing zones. You get two team points per level you reduce or raise.

Actually, this is a pretty good way to get points in any mode, and it's helpful to the team since it seems like most people don't make controlling bases a priority in CTF/TDM/etc.

On post: What they said. ^^^

Has anyone gotten Cowboy/Lone Wolf?
I tried earlier (with just me and my split screen) and it seems you actually have to reach the score limit.:roll:

For those that got the world victory one, do you have to reach the score limit? or just win?

Why does it seem like everyone who plays Warhawk is a fuckin pro? I swear, I can only get like 3 or 4 kills a game now. I haven't played for months and I'm a bit rusty, but still. I am getting destroyed in every game I play. And now that jet packs are around, ground combat is almost impossible for me. It used to be the only thing I was semi decent at, but now I'm garbage. :bomb:

[quote name='mguiddy']For those that got the world victory one, do you have to reach the score limit? or just win?[/quote]
When I got it we just won. We got the ribbon and the trophy.

And can you believe I have not managed to get ANY of the sniping trophies yet, I have no idea WTF is wrong with me.

And as far as "earning" trophies. I rather play thru and earn them, but if its something stupid like the lonewolf crap... ya no way thats possible For Uncharted which I got 100% I did have to look up like 15 or so trophies, but that was after I looked for them for a good aount of time. But just sitting there boosting is not really fun for me.

[quote name='Blackout']Why does it seem like everyone who plays Warhawk is a fuckin pro? I swear, I can only get like 3 or 4 kills a game now. I haven't played for months and I'm a bit rusty, but still. I am getting destroyed in every game I play. And now that jet packs are around, ground combat is almost impossible for me. It used to be the only thing I was semi decent at, but now I'm garbage. :bomb:[/QUOTE]

I used to be decent, too, especially flying, but now... I think people just know where all the power ups are, Warhawk should have a system where the powerups are randomized as you play instead of having things in the same spot, or rather do the call of duty thing and have a certain loadout, I hate running around for weapons.

[quote name='fuss']When I got it we just won. We got the ribbon and the trophy.

And can you believe I have not managed to get ANY of the sniping trophies yet, I have no idea WTF is wrong with me.

And as far as "earning" trophies. I rather play thru and earn them, but if its something stupid like the lonewolf crap... ya no way thats possible For Uncharted which I got 100% I did have to look up like 15 or so trophies, but that was after I looked for them for a good aount of time. But just sitting there boosting is not really fun for me.[/quote]
:lol:
The Aim Botting trophy was one of my first ones (and yes, it was legit).;)
And I agree... boosting isn't fun, but neither is trying to get trophies during regular games, which is how I spent most of my time during Thursday's and Friday's games. I don't know why I care about the trophies... I just do.:roll: I'm the same way with Achievements... I always try to get them all. I have a problem...

[quote name='mguiddy']:lol:
The Aim Botting trophy was one of my first ones (and yes, it was legit).;)
And I agree... boosting isn't fun, but neither is trying to get trophies during regular games, which is how I spent most of my time during Thursday's and Friday's games. I don't know why I care about the trophies... I just do.:roll: I'm the same way with Achievements... I always try to get them all. I have a problem...[/quote]

Nothing wrong with bootsting - I know I will have to do that a bit myself for some of them. And I see your point about the gameplay. For me it gives me a goal to do in the game which can be fun.

And hey - I FINALLY got my 5 warhawk machine gun kills today, so that bumped me up two ranks. I am now a 2nd Lieutenant. So yay for me!

I started off boosting, and then just let it slip the wayside. Eh don't care about trophies care more about my WH rank. I've got the medal/badge requirements fulfilled for about the next 4-5 ranks, I just need the points.

They do need to adjust jetpack spawn times on smaller maps, it's fine for larger maps. For someone like me, wearing one in a WH is pretty useless since I'd chance death just to shoot someone else down in the process.

I had a thought...
I wonder if the Clan trophy would unlock if we started a clan server but left the clan name fields blank...:whistle2:k

[quote name='mguiddy']Has anyone gotten Cowboy/Lone Wolf?
I tried earlier (with just me and my split screen) and it seems you actually have to reach the score limit.:roll:[/quote]

I was playing just with buddah today getting him some trophies and he accidentally got it. Server was set up for just us, on oppoising teams (TDM). Score limit 10. He killed me 10 times in the process of getting other trophies and got the cowboy one I think. Those are the few you actually need another player other than splitcreen.

Since the demo came out on Thursday, I decided to finally try Warhawk. The demo convinced me, and I downloaded the unlock key.

It was a little annoying having trouble finding an open server when I started out. Then I realized there's a bunch you have to have a booster for, so I got the combo bundle.

Also, WTF is up with the voice chat in this game? Everyone sounds all garbled, and a Google search seems to indicate it's because everyone has their mics turned up too high, which I can't control. Stupid to have a feature in a game and completely nullify it by being broken so badly.

Game is a hell of a lot of fun though. Since I got it Friday, I've spent like 18 hours playing. It's a lot like Tribes, but faster-paced. Learining curve is fairly steep, but you can find lots of stuff to do to still have fun when you're starting out. Got two other people addicted to it, we spent most of yesterday trading the controller off between the three of us. Best $46 I've spent in ages.

Glad you're enjoying it Lint21. You should post in the CAG Warhawk thread and join us during a clan night. Also some of the voice problems are caused by the NAT connection the PS3 gets.

I'd say if it's constant garbling it's because that person has the sensitivity too high and/or the volume on their tv/sound system too high. If it's not constant it could be NAT issues.

You can individually mute anyone through the pause menu's player list if it really bothers you and they never talk anyways.

But definitely look into the Clan thread and join us some night. Friday's are completely open to anyone, but Saturday's are clan restricted, but it's easy to join the clan, you just have to send TMK $20... ;)
:lol: You just have to show up once

What does the demo have? I wanted to give it a shot but it told me to play my full game and stop trying to play the demo lol.

[quote name='fuss']What does the demo have? I wanted to give it a shot but it told me to play my full game and stop trying to play the demo lol.[/quote]
I didn't play the demo, but I heard it had the training missions and one online map.

Ya the demo is an awesome surprise. Although the games are way to short, it's fun to play with.

I loved the Beta and I still want the full game, but I feel like I'm way to behind heh.

So, Warhawk is quite cheap on Amazon right now. I'm tempted, but have a few questions.

I played the demo they recently put up on PSN, and enjoyed it until I got to the Warhawk itself. No matter what I did, I couldn't complete the final training exercise where you take out the turrets and dodge all the missiles they shoot. I eventually gave up, and lost interest.

Is it just a steep learning curve, or would it be a waste of time/money to get it? $30 with the headset included is an awesome deal!

And yes I'm aware it's online only... also holding me back a little but I think I could get my money's worth for only $30.

You wont regret it. Warhawk is a great game with active CAG nights

Edit- Agreed, the headset is garbage. Literally I threw mine in the trash when I got Socrack

Last edited by a moderator:
So...does that mean Warhawk is getting a patch this week then? Or was that already done? And when' the final expansion coming?

[quote name='KingBroly']So...does that mean Warhawk is getting a patch this week then? Or was that already done? And when' the final expansion coming?[/quote]

I have no idea, all I know at the moment is that little tidbit right there. Hopefully we'll learn more about what the Command Center will do soon.

EDIT: I just read the press release. :lol:

"Launching this week, the new “Warhawk™ Command Center” space makes its way into PlayStation Home offering Warhawk fans a new place to socialize and strategize featuring the sand table."

[quote name='KingBroly']So...does that mean Warhawk is getting a patch this week then? Or was that already done? And when' the final expansion coming?[/quote]

I've haven't heard anything regarding another expansion. I hope they'll be one, but I don't think anything been officially announced. Honestly... I'd be happier if they just made Warhawk 2, preferably with a single player mode... there's so much I want from Warhawk that only a sequel could bring.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Warhawk has had Home support since last spring if I'm not mistaken, so it shouldn't require anything on Warhawk's side of the fence.[/quote]
It's had game launching (which is a flipping joke, btw) since "forever". But yeah, this is just a Home "game space" thing that shouldn't have any interaction with Warhawk. I doubt a user would even need to own a copy of Warhawk to play around in the command center.

[quote name='zenprime']Crap. Now I have to redownload home again to for 5 minute spin around the Command Center. Also, FINAL EXPANSION?[/quote]
I wouldn't take it to heart. The last thing I heard was that Incog will do what Sony tells them to do. As long as Sony feels it's worth the development costs, they'll continue to do expansions.

bread's done
Back