Official WarHawk Discussion: **Patch 1.5/"Falling Star" OUT!**

Time for a Warhawk 2 IMO. The game is great, but as mguiddy said, it could be so much more. Personally I would be just as happy if #2 has no SP, but I obviously realize I am in the minority on that one.

If I bought Warhawk 2, I don't think a single player mode would be much incentive. I'm having a hard time even imagining a campaign unless it was something like UT's single player, which is just multi with bots. It doesn't feel like that type of game.

Actually, the Defender sequel for PS2 was pretty fun. Maybe it would be similar to that.

If there was a Warhawk 2, I'd wish it'd carry over your multiplayer stats from the first one, and vice versa (for Trophy reasons, mind you) as well as a Single Player mode. Maybe 5-6 hours long. Also, some double EXP weekends would be nice.

I'd be happy with UT style bots as well... really wish they were implemented since (at one point) you had to have internet or friend handy to play the game at all.

Oh, I'd be outrageously happy with an online only W2, even if they only implemented some of what I want. It's just my nostalgia glasses... wanting a new version of the PS1 game.

With or without SP, I would be the first to buy it if Warhawk 2 were a reality. I just love the game so much, it can do no wrong in my eyes... and we need a flying air fortress level already! :mad:

[quote name='freakyzeeky']With or without SP, I would be the first to buy it if Warhawk 2 were a reality. I just love the game so much, it can do no wrong in my eyes... and we need a flying air fortress level already! :mad:[/quote]
We all know you'd just get it for trophies.;)

[quote name='mguiddy']We all know you'd just get it for trophies.;)[/quote]

Well, if it didn't have trophies... then I'd be massively disappointed, yes. ;)

... it probably wouldn't stop me from buying it though. :whistle2:\"

Oh, and the Warhawk Home Space will be available tomorrow!

OMG... So coool! @_@

warhwakgamsheom5.jpg

I hope there's an option to have a private WCC... it'd be cool to mess around with friends, but random people... ehhh.

[quote name='mguiddy']I hope there's an option to have a private WCC... it'd be cool to mess around with friends, but random people... ehhh.[/quote]

I agree... it would be hard to strategize (sp.?) while putting up with the shenanigans of others in the room. :nottalking:

It sure looks cool but it still doesn't seem like it'll be very useful in practice. I'll have to load up Home to at least try it out, though.

Sorry, I'm complainy this week. :nottalking:

[quote name='psx blog']
A couple days ago I visited with Incognito studio director Dylan Jobe (you know him well) about the Warhawk space that launches today in PlayStation Home. Dylan was nice enough to walk us through the Warhawk Command Center, and specifically through the Sand Table where you can lay out strategies for all Warhawk maps. It’s all really slick, and Dylan goes into some great detail about how it all works.
Also, starting today you can purchase Warhawk for $19.99 on the PlayStation Store (that’s $10 off!) for two weeks, ending on March 11. Individual Warhawk Booster packs are dropping down to $4.99, and the Booster Combo (all three individual Booster packs) drops to $9.99. But remember, the special Warhawk pricing ends on March 11, so be quick about it![/quote]

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2009/02/26/warhawk-playstation-home-space-walkthrough/

Not bad...

I think this home update is cool. What would really kick, would be if the plans you laid out some how melded into the main game. Like if you placed a tank icon on the command table, then when you head to that spot in-game like a ghost/hologram is visable to help you remember you plans.

One thing I am really wrong about is Home, I always thought it was going to work. But as soon as I tried it I knew it was a failure.

This whole dang "Warhawk" room doesn't work. The idea is awesome, but the plausibility of working as intended is ZILCH! I just had so many horrible experiences in the Uncharted rooms ect. You go in, and there are like 50 people in a tiny space all shouting through their mics and doing those same damn dances I am sick of seeing. And you sit there waiting hours to try a damn arcade machine (which you never get to play).

The Warhawk room is going to be the same thing. You first have to spend 10 minutes getting friggen INTO home, and than once your there you got to meet up with your friends and than wait for a damn "sand board" to be free, (which it WILL NEVER BE OPEN) there will be two kids playing on it, playing "battle tanks! weee"

This is one thing (also the PS3 price) where I think Sony totally failed on.

To fix home:
-make loading instant; right when you click on the home logo on the dashboard you appear in your appartment (or you can choose to start your ps3 from there)
-make private lobbies - you can choose a FRIEND ONLY lobby where only your friends can meet
-unstiffen the animations, screw the realisitc look and go for a stylized look which enables you to sprint so getting between areas is fun, and everyone looks really unique and has emotion.

None of this will happen.

After trying one out, I'm actually a little depressed that they put effort into making the sand tables.

Also it's hilarious that only one person can be using one of the tutorial stations at a time.

if you want to put things on the map you have to be standing on the side of the table that has the lights - then you can control what goes down and where.. if you are not there then you get to dance...

Ya, the room LOOKS nice but is worthless.

[quote name='fuss']
Ya, the room LOOKS nice but is worthless.[/quote]
I figured... and... I'm really glad freaky doesn't put a picture in his sig for all of his platinums. :lol: His sig is big enough as it is.;)

[quote name='mguiddy']I figured... and... I'm really glad freaky doesn't put a picture in his sig for all of his platinums. :lol: His sig is big enough as it is.;)[/quote]
lol, I had to put mine in there to make myself feel better after looking at freaky's :drool: I would LOVE to get that Warhawk one... but I do not see that happening any time soon - or at all. I hate it when you have a game like Warhawk where it would take you months and months of constant gameplay to get 100% - then a game like Soic's Sega comes out and you get the same trophy after a few hours max. really... WTF. :bomb:

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2009/03/03/myhawkorg-by-the-players-for-the-players/

Hey Everyone! – So, it’s been over a year-and-a-half since we released Warhawk. We’ve released 3 expansion packs, several free updates, PlayStation Home Game Launching, and the Warhawk Command Center. We’ve got a rabid and dedicated fan base around the world and with the new limited-time-only $19.99 price; we’re hoping to grow our community even more!

And that’s the key word there is… “Community”

We’ve always been driven to support our community and at the same time, we’re not afraid to try out new experimental stuff. The latest result of this is our collaboration with one of our own players named Sugaboo — that’s his PSN handle, *not* his name IRL :)

Sugaboo’s website MyHawk.org has been operational for quite some time now and he’s just rolled-out a massive update! Clan Matches & Tournaments, Daily Leader Boards, New graphs, Per-weapon stats, Stats on individual games, Game Calendar and more!

Here’s just one example of a player stats page with game calendar:

Based on feedback from our player community, there was always a set of very highly requested community features that Warhawk didn’t support “out-of-the-box”. These requests weren’t forgotten!!! We were just thinking of the best and most extensible way to roll them out. And since they’re community features, it was *critical* for us to develop a solution that would allow all of you guys, our players from around the world, to customize and enhance the Warhawk community for years to come.

We think of it as the democratization of our player community - and yes, it’s global so it’s not just for American players!

So…I’m not going to puke too much technical schwag at all of you but suffice to say, we now provide you guys with the full, and raw data stream from our stats database - not just awards and medals! Every game, every clan, every player, every kill. All of this data is delivered via XML so it’s very easy to Web 2.0-ify a community website. Yeah, Yeah, I know I just said “web 2.0” don’t hate me for using one of the most overused terms on the internet — It just happens to be true in this case so cut me some slack :)

Here’s a just a wee-little bit of the XML that the Warhawk Server Cluster generates:

Here’s a pic of the game summary page from a recent game. Just click a player’s name to access his stats page. Then, you’ll see a calendar that shows the days he (or she) played Warhawk. Click on specific day and you will see a link to the results of every game he played:

Here’s a pic of the Clan challenge screen. This is where teams can schedule games and, via the new XML feed, MyHawk.org reports the official results of the match!

MyHawk.org now provides our Warhawk Community with some great new features; features that are built upon the global Warhawk XML feed that was developed by the fantastic engineers in our Online Technology Group in San Diego. They do soooo much work behind the scenes (and not just on Warhawk), that I thought it would be a good idea for you to see who they really are. And, just in case any of them show up on America’s Most-Wanted… here’s a pic of this motley crew during one of the play sessions!

Lastly, I want to thank Sugaboo for all of his hard work! He has been beta testing our global XML feed for quite sometime and I’m so happy to see a member of our player community work to extend the very community he’s a part of!!

Thanks Sugaboo!

The team and I really think that what you’ve done with our new XML streams is a great addition to our Warhawk community and we hope that XML game streams of this magnitude are adopted by other multiplayer games in the future!

So that’s it for now everyone – If there are any other community sites that would like to access the Warhawk global XML feed, please hit the Warhawk forums and post your info. We have a team in San Diego that can give you the proper server access.

Informed sources tell Kotaku that newly minted LightBox Interactive Studio, made up of members of Incognito, are hard at work on a new take on Warhawk. The game, described as Warhawk in space, has been in development for some time, we're told.
Reached for comment this morning, Dylan Jobe, president of LightBox Interactive Studio, had this to say:
"We're incredibly happy to continue working with Sony Computer Entertainment America and World Wide Studios. We've got a great relationship with them and I'm really proud of our new partnership. With regard to the inevitable "What are you guys working on?"... It's way too early to comment on anything but I can say that we have some really exciting stuff in development that our Warhawk fans *and* new players will love."

http://kotaku.com/5176896/warhawk-in-spaaaaaace

--------------------

If this rumor holds any water... OMFG! :whee:

He's basically just doing what Jaffe did awhile ago to form his own studio.

It would be cool if they could do the Battlefront thing so you could fly from ground to space and back again and pretty much just expand the size of the level greatly.

Ehhh... I don't see how that would work in multiplayer....

I mean, if there were only maps in space, okay, you could have the air battles be fought in space, tanks could just be turrets, and the ground battles could be fought on space stations.

But the whole game being in space...
Unless there were different sized ships... that would be cool. Have one man attack fighters, cruisers, destroyers, carriers... hmmm.

[quote name='zenprime']SpaceHawk? Gah! I'll never make air marshal![/quote]

Of course, you must mean Space Marhsal ;)

If they include space TOW missles, you'd be a terror on a whole other level...

They changed up the blue servers once more - looks like they went back to how they were in the past. So its like CTF-MED1. The expert servers are all gone (yay).

I went back to the blue servers for the first time in a loooong time the other day.

Wait... Is it Starhawk or Spacehawk?
Regardless... I'm a bit skeptical. Not that it'll happen, that it'll be a good thing when it happens.

[quote name='fuss']The thing is - I hate the jetpacks with a passion. So if it is ANYTHING like that then... eh.[/quote]
Yeah, me too. I never really got into the jetpacks. The APC on the other hand is the bomb!

[quote name='fuss']The thing is - I hate the jetpacks with a passion. So if it is ANYTHING like that then... eh.[/quote]

I usually just float around like an idiot and have people on the ground snipe me but yet, I don't hate jetpacks.

I wonder if Spacehawk will be an expansion pack or a completely new game, but if it's an expansion, I wonder if I'll be able to drag troops into space with the dropship and load their floating (soon-to-be) corpses with gunfire :whistle2:k

I just got the game as well. I'm loving it thus far. Basically a third person battlefield type game. I'm sucking hard with the warhawks, but I'm slowly learning.

I even was convinced to buy the expansions. CAG nights, here I come.

[quote name='smiggity']You will enjoy it option. The Warhawk regulars are cool dudes[/quote]
Not very punctual though.:cool:;):lol:

I'm wondering where the 4th expansion is. They talked about it happening when the Trophy patch hit. I'm wondering if it's a single player expansion.

Regardless, I want to start playing Warhawk again (hopefully some CAGs can help me with 2 Trophies at some point) but whatever, I am compelled to play it again.

You guys! *BUMP*

I have reason to believe that a game we've all been (hopefully) waiting for is going to be officially unveiled next Friday!

[quote name='Dylan Jobe via Twitter']The wait is over next Friday... #DylanLightsTheFuse[/QUOTE]

Additionally, schedule for the next GTTV episode contains a "Sony Surprise". http://www.gamersmint.com/big-sony-surprise-planned-in-may-13-gttv-show :bouncy:

Man, I really really REALLY hope it's Warhawk 2/Starhawk! :hot:

bread's done
Back