OMG Free Halo Banshee Avatar Props!!1111!!!!11!!11!11

Status
Not open for further replies.
2:45PM - Codes Care of TheMajorTom (he personally provided me every single code. so if files are charged please include him primarily)
Dont you mean that "if *charges* are filed...", heh.

I, personally, think you will be fine. There were no terms on the web site that limited 3rd party distribution of the codes, and no consideration was given prior to acceptance of the codes by whoever entered their email addy into the box and clicked the button (anyone could have done it, multiple times, free of charge). They were given away free of charge on a German (I think?) web site on a first come, first served basis (it seemed), and no warranty was given or implied (warranty of merchantability of goods, etc). The OP simply compiled a list of codes (that were freely available from this aforementioned web site) and posted the list free of charge for others to use. The codes were never once sold. There were no terms that stated what could and could not be done with the codes prior to accepting the code and completing the initial transaction (to initially gain the code(s)).

Since no consideration was given originally in order to get the codes, and no terms were presented to the user prior to gaining the code, there is really no case here that I can see... Maybe MS could come at you somehow (violation of their terms of service/use somehow?), but I find that highly doubtful.

Mind you, I am not providing legal advice, but only opinion so I am not on the hook for anything.

P.S.: If you look on XBL, in the avatar market place, you will see that you cant even buy the banshee avatar prop for MS points...therefore there seems to be no monetary value to the item/code its self, making it even more difficult to find that the OP did anything wrong. Again, this is all in my opinion as I offer no legal advice, but I think he should be fine.

Redeemed 2 codes for me and my g/f:
T4MQM-49K24-FYWV7-6WC3M-4GJ7Z & JFG6R-Q7PJC-QQQ9T-K4XQ6-KKDWZ

Thanks OP! Never received any emails when I signed up the other night.

Thanks!!! Would tell you which one I'd used except I got copy/paste happy - was randomly picking codes from the list, by the time I got one to work I had already moved up the list and copied another code to try. Only used one though, but my bad about that. :/

Thanks OP! I was able to get

6P7WF-6DJJJ-KG63R-DV674-W973Z

and also took one for my brother

6JCVK-TXXJ9-VWFJ6-VRXXG-66GXZ

Thanks so much, OP!
I redeemed the following towards the bottom of the blue list for myself, my brother, and two friends:
FFJ7P-KHPMX-K9WGW-TCDYC-7KM4Z
FJFVR-RYGWM-9FPCX-JKRGX-W2KGZ
PYGQW-3Q6D7-KGKXG-GTGPX-WMQFZ
KYCWG-KJX2F-67HWP-Y2PPX-PFPJZ

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back