One and Only "____ is wrong with my Wii" General Questions/Help Topic.

FYI, the wiimote seems to HATE Christmas. I had a string above the TV on, and the curser went bonkers. It was constantly jumping around and was completely uncontrollable.

I know in the manual and such it says the wiimote, due to being IR, may encounter interference from light sources, so it makes since that light from many sources really fucks it up. Just an FYI, turn off the Christmas lights off before playing.

[quote name='ddhex27']Anyone having sensor bar issues - wiimote range too short? During the main Wii menus i have to be within 2 feet of the sensor bar for the wiimote to actually show up on the screen... when im playing wii sports i can be back 8 - 10 feet and it reads fine. its just frustrating having to walk up close to the tv and spend a minute trying to get the cursor to show up to navigate through the "home" menu.[/quote]
Haven't seen that, but I do have a jumpy/jittery/lost communication pointer during Red Steel that always jumps to the center, but no problems on any other games (Zelda, Ray man, Wii Sports) Can't seem to fix the Red Steel problem... if anyone has any suggestions. Already re-synced the remote to the base, changed the sensitivity setting on the main menu, changed the movement sensitivity in game, sat a little closer, a little farther.

There is a large thread going on about this at the Ubi Soft forums... http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7071079134/m/4821073605/p/1

Anyone notice that the Wii cursor is extremely shaky in the dashboard? Mine is always jumping around.

[quote name='Apossum']Anyone notice that the Wii cursor is extremely shaky in the dashboard? Mine is always jumping around.[/quote]Might be low battery. My battery meter has been red for the last two days and it's gotten gradually more spacey.

[quote name='botticus']Might be low battery. My battery meter has been red for the last two days and it's gotten gradually more spacey.[/QUOTE]

that's probably it.

Hey, I don't know if anyone else has noticed this, but I have some funny japanese characters showing up on my WiFi USB adapter regsitered screen. I connect wirelessly using the Nintendo USB WiFi adapter. In the registered names I normally see my DS and Wii console names. But I just saw some japanese letters as opposed to my name. Does this mean I could be getting hacked? Or is Wii Connect 24 getting hacked? Please help!

I just started experiencing a problem with my Wii. I inserted my Twilight Princess game disc, just like I always do. I've played the game for at least 40 hours, so it has been working for quite some time. Well when I went to load the game from the home menu, it said to insert a disc into the Wii. When I went to eject the game, it wouldn't eject. I tried resetting the console, unplugging it and plugging it back in, but it still won't eject my game. It's as if it thinks nothing's in the disc slot. Any suggestions?

[quote name='vasco']Hey, I don't know if anyone else has noticed this, but I have some funny japanese characters showing up on my WiFi USB adapter regsitered screen. I connect wirelessly using the Nintendo USB WiFi adapter. In the registered names I normally see my DS and Wii console names. But I just saw some japanese letters as opposed to my name. Does this mean I could be getting hacked? Or is Wii Connect 24 getting hacked? Please help![/quote]

Similar problem here as well. I don't have a wireless router, so I bought a USB adapter once I got cable intarwebz. Used my DS with it fine. Got my wii, got it out of the box on launch day. Set up connection. check. Test. check. updates. Check.

Wii shop. Sits at screen for an hour. does nothing.

Suddenly, on my computer, "derek" (what I named my system) changes go a barcode looking thingy. Now it won't detect the connection. Le sigh.

I just turned my Wii on today and the Wiimotes aren't working at all. I tried turning the power on through the remote but the lights just flashed and then went off. The console never went on no matter how close I was to it or how far away. I had to turn it on manually. It's not something wrong with my remote because I have two and neither work. It's not the batteries because I just changed them yesterday. And one of my remotes has the original batteries still in them. I tried unplugging and plugging the sensor bar in. Didn't work.

Any ideas?

Ok, I tried leaving everything completely unplugged for a while and plugged it back in. It works now.

[quote name='valleyvampiress']I just turned my Wii on today and the Wiimotes aren't working at all. I tried turning the power on through the remote but the lights just flashed and then went off. The console never went on no matter how close I was to it or how far away. I had to turn it on manually. It's not something wrong with my remote because I have two and neither work. It's not the batteries because I just changed them yesterday. And one of my remotes has the original batteries still in them. I tried unplugging and plugging the sensor bar in. Didn't work.

Any ideas?

Ok, I tried leaving everything completely unplugged for a while and plugged it back in. It works now.[/quote]

When it happens again, try re-synching them.

Just got my Wii today. I did all the updates and everything. When I try going to either the weather or the news channel it says it needs an update, I click the update button and it says the console is already updated? Anyone else have this problem?

My Wii froze up during DBZ Budokai Tenkaichi 2, when Frieza did his Death Ball move. The screen was just frozen and the sound was looping at that point. Also, my friend's wiimote was continuously vibrating. We had to disconnect it from the mains to stop it.

Should I be worried about this? It's just weird because the Wii was only on for about 5 minutes when it happened and it worked fine after I restarted it (played for an hour or so)...

[quote name='ImmortalfWd']Just got my Wii today. I did all the updates and everything. When I try going to either the weather or the news channel it says it needs an update, I click the update button and it says the console is already updated? Anyone else have this problem?[/QUOTE]

Ya... everyone is. They're still not released.

[quote name='ImmortalfWd']Just got my Wii today. I did all the updates and everything. When I try going to either the weather or the news channel it says it needs an update, I click the update button and it says the console is already updated? Anyone else have this problem?[/quote]THose channels aren't functional yet.

My Wiimotes keep unsynching from my Wii. I have to unplug the system do get them to reconnect. It's just happened since the last patch.

Earlier tonight I had my first Wii error. Sat down and turned my TV on, then turned on the Wii. No picture. Checked the cords in the back of the TV and Wii, and they were connected. Shut the console off and rebooted; still no picture.

Eventually, I unplugged the Wii from the wall and plugged it back in, and it finally showed up. :S

I think everyone who has a problem that only appeared after a patch should email Nintendo. At the very least, they need to know about this so that they can check if there's a problem.

[quote name='io']I have the same router. Mine worked fine the first day (doing the updates, etc), and has always SORT OF worked with my DS. By sort of, I mean if I sit in my office. My PSP worked fine out in the living room so I always just thought the DS wifi was weak. Well, when the Wii started giving me problems I changed the channel on the router to 11 - no dice, so I tried 1. That worked like a charm. The added bonus is that my DS now works perfectly out in my living room! Both have 2/3 bars on the wifi signal whereas before I'd be lucky to get 1 on the DS, and the Wii was getting 2 but giving me all those error codes. Yeah! I thought I was going to have to move my router more to the middle of the house, but now I don't need to. Nice.[/QUOTE]

Yeah changing the channel definitely helps. I changed the router (Linksys WRT54G) to 11 and that worked for me.

My remote doesn't work for Excite Truck. It responds to the buttons (turbo, gas, etc.), and the truck will even raise its wheels appropriately on jumps, but when it comes to simple turning (left, right), it just plain doesn't work. Oddly enough, neither of my controllers do. I've tried resyncing them, and that doesn't do me any good. Anyone else had this problem? It's odd that both my remotes are suffering from the same axis problem.

I'm having a problem with my Wii points. I entered the code from the Wii points card and then it gave me an error (didn't write down the number). It didn't add the points to my account but under account activity it shows the transaction taking place. Now if I try to add the points it gives me Error 205815. Anyone else have this happen? Right now I'm out $20 and I have no freakin idea how to get my points. This console is buggy as hell.

I was under the impression that pointing at a specific location on the screen with the Wiimote would put the pointer or hand in that location. Is there a setting to adjust or calibrate the Wiimote with the TV? If I point the Wiimote directly at the screen, the pointer is either too high, or too low, depending on where the sensor bar is. Is it possible to get the pointer more accurate? I thought it worked similar to a light gun, as far as accuracy is concerned. Playing a game like Duckhunt would be horrible if you couldnt point directly at what you wanted to shoot. Any ideas?

Nothing wrong with my Wii at this point in time, quite the opposite:

Has anyone had any problems with the console freezing (stuck on a black screen) when switching channels since the Shop Channel update? i.e. going to the Mii channel, returning to the home menu, etc. I had the issue a number of times the first week, but I don't believe I have experienced it at all since that patch. Would be cool if it was already fixed.

[quote name='botticus']Nothing wrong with my Wii at this point in time, quite the opposite:

Has anyone had any problems with the console freezing (stuck on a black screen) when switching channels since the Shop Channel update? i.e. going to the Mii channel, returning to the home menu, etc. I had the issue a number of times the first week, but I don't believe I have experienced it at all since that patch. Would be cool if it was already fixed.[/quote]There was a patch? Anyway, yes, I've had that problem several times. It's the only time I've ever had issues with the system. Well, that, and the fact that it randomly forgets about the wireless access point, and I have to reset the settings and configure it.

[quote name='Z-Saber']There was a patch? Anyway, yes, I've had that problem several times. It's the only time I've ever had issues with the system. Well, that, and the fact that it randomly forgets about the wireless access point, and I have to reset the settings and configure it.[/quote]Hmm... if you didn't know about the patch, have you downloaded it yet? If you use the Shop Channel, then you would have had to, but for most of us this was a manual process. Perhaps it does do it automatically at some point.

[quote name='botticus']Hmm... if you didn't know about the patch, have you downloaded it yet? If you use the Shop Channel, then you would have had to, but for most of us this was a manual process. Perhaps it does do it automatically at some point.[/quote]Oh, I thought you were talking about an additional patch. I had that thing installed within the first five minutes of turning on the Wii. So... no, the patch didn't fix the channel-changing freezeups.

I know another CAG had this problem with his Nintendo-Brand Component Cables, but I thought I'd ask here again anyway.

anyone else want to chime in on the React cables?

I finally fixed my problem with them and have my Wii connected via Component.

I noticed with Zelda with a lot of the closeup shots looked terrific, but when the camera would pan out (for example, dismounting Epona), it would look ok. It looked a little jagged.

Anyone else have that problem?

[quote name='asianxcore']I noticed with Zelda with a lot of the closeup shots looked terrific, but when the camera would pan out (for example, dismounting Epona), it would look ok. It looked a little jagged.

Anyone else have that problem?[/quote]I can't specifically say I've noticed that, but my guess would be it renders distant objects in a lower resolution/with less detail/AA than close-up objects as a way to keep the framerate consistent. Other games do it.

[quote name='Z-Saber']I can't specifically say I've noticed that, but my guess would be it renders distant objects in a lower resolution/with less detail/AA than close-up objects as a way to keep the framerate consistent. Other games do it.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, sounds about right. I was checking out a random website's review on the Nintendo brand Component cables the other day. They mentioned that the jaggies were actually more apparent because there was less blur on the edges of objects/characters.

I haven't read through all 6 pages of the thread, so if this question has been answered, just reply with a snarky, rude remark providing me with a link that answers my question:

But, has anyone else had this problem? I was playing Wii Sports with a few friends, and we just finished some bowling mini-game. Then suddenly, the screen freezes, and the Wii starts making this terribly annoying "drone-like" noise that I can't stop. I couldn't even power it off or reset it, I had to unplug the power supply. Any thoughts?

Also, do the Wiimotes work like 360 controllers? Where, whichever Wiimote you turn on first is 1st player automatically or what? There's been times where I just grab one of my Wiimotes, and it turns out to be player 2. I then have to turn off the Wii, then pick up the other remote to play. I realize you can just use player 2 but it bothers me. Also, is there a way to just turn off a Wiimote without having to turn off the Wii itself or take out the batteries??

[quote name='flizmo007']I was under the impression that pointing at a specific location on the screen with the Wiimote would put the pointer or hand in that location. Is there a setting to adjust or calibrate the Wiimote with the TV? If I point the Wiimote directly at the screen, the pointer is either too high, or too low, depending on where the sensor bar is. Is it possible to get the pointer more accurate? I thought it worked similar to a light gun, as far as accuracy is concerned. Playing a game like Duckhunt would be horrible if you couldnt point directly at what you wanted to shoot. Any ideas?[/quote]

The Wii Remote works much like a computer mouse. That is. that where your cursor appears depends on where you move the Remote in relation to the sensor bar (speaking optical computer mice, cursor position is determined on where you move your mouse in relation to your mouse pad), rather than appearing as a 1-to-1 representation of where you are pointing on your television screen. The sensitivity and sensor bar position settings on the Wii help to compensate for the fact that you are pointing at the sensor bar rather than the TV itself - the settings are programmed to make it seem like you are pointing at your television (in my case, the compensation works wonderfully and I usually feel that where I am pointing at my TV is where my cursor is at).

[quote name='botticus']Has anyone had any problems with the console freezing (stuck on a black screen) when switching channels since the Shop Channel update? i.e. going to the Mii channel, returning to the home menu, etc. I had the issue a number of times the first week, but I don't believe I have experienced it at all since that patch. Would be cool if it was already fixed.[/quote]

Sometimes when switching channels, or even booting up the console, the black screen appears and stays up for longer than normal. I think it has something to do with WiiConnect24 and the Wii trying to connect to the Internet. The entire system seems to slow to a crawl (or sometimes freeze) when it can't find a working connection. It happens sometimes when trying to create messages, or opening your address book as well.

[quote name='A Happy Panda']But, has anyone else had this problem? I was playing Wii Sports with a few friends, and we just finished some bowling mini-game. Then suddenly, the screen freezes, and the Wii starts making this terribly annoying "drone-like" noise that I can't stop. I couldn't even power it off or reset it, I had to unplug the power supply. Any thoughts?[/quote]

I've not had any problems with Wii Sports thus far. I did though, just recently exprience my first 'freeze' with Red Steel. The game started to save a checkpoint, but then it simply froze and made a loud, continuous 'beeeeeeep' noise. I simply held down the power button to turn off the console though and it booted up just fine right after.

[quote name='A Happy Panda']Also, do the Wiimotes work like 360 controllers? Where, whichever Wiimote you turn on first is 1st player automatically or what? There's been times where I just grab one of my Wiimotes, and it turns out to be player 2. I then have to turn off the Wii, then pick up the other remote to play. I realize you can just use player 2 but it bothers me. Also, is there a way to just turn off a Wiimote without having to turn off the Wii itself or take out the batteries??[/quote]

If I recall correctly, the remote that is turned on first becomes 1st player, the remote turned on second becomes the 2nd player, and so-on and so-forth. If you notice, when you turn on a remote, it first attempts to look for empty controller channels (hence the blinking lights) and it occupies the first empty spot it finds. I haven't had a remote skip 1st player and jump right to 2nd... yet.

If you want to change the order of your Wii Remotes temporarily, you can use the 'Home' menu to disconnect all the remotes and re-sync them in the order that you want them to be assigned to. This can also be done through Wii Sports (by selecting the picture of the remotes on the screen that lets you select the number of players before you play a mode).

Also, Wii Remotes turn off automatically after about 5 minutes of it not being in use. So just set the remotes you no longer use on the side, and it'll automatically turn off.

[quote name='hack']
I've not had any problems with Wii Sports thus far. I did though, just recently encounter my first 'freeze' with Red Steel. The game started to save a checkpoint, but then it simply froze and made a loud, continuous 'beeeeeeep' noise. I simply held down the power button to turn off the console though and it booted up just fine right after.

If I recall correctly, it seems that the remote that is turned on first becomes 1st player, the remote turned on second becomes the 2nd player, and so-on and so-forth. I haven't had a remote skip 1st player and jump right to 2nd... yet.

If you want to change the order of your Wii Remotes temporarily, you can use the 'Home' menu to disconnect all the remotes and re-sync them in the order that you want them to be assigned to.

Also, Wii Remotes turn off automatically after about 5 minutes of it not being in use. So just set the remotes you no longer use on the side, and it'll automatically turn off.[/QUOTE]

I think your freezing incident and mine are one in the same because of the noise you described...curious. I didn't think to hold down the power button, but if it happens again (I sure hope not) I'll keep that in mind.

Also, I swear there's been times where I've just grabbed a Wiimote, hit a button to turn it on, and it turns out to be the 2nd player...maybe I was imagining things.

Thanks for your quick help tho!

[quote name='A Happy Panda']I didn't think to hold down the power button, but if it happens again (I sure hope not) I'll keep that in mind.[/quote]

Yeah. The power button is multi-functional! Yay!

- Holding down the power button for a few secs. on a Wii Remote turns the system off into Standby mode with WiiConnect24 on (orange light).

- A quick press of the power button on the console itself turns it off into Standby mode with WiiConnect24 on (orange light).

- Holding down the power button for a few secs. on the console itself seems to do a hard reset and then goes into Standby mode with WiiConnect24 off (red light).

And of course, to turn it completely off, you unplug the Wii.

The update to add parental controls to the VC has killed my connection with a 51330 error. I'm just gonna quote what I wrote in another thread:

"I would like updates to NOT break the internet connection. I'm getting a 51330 error after their stupid ass update to add parental controls to the VC games.

When I initially hooked up my Wii, I was getting an error code. So I updated my Linksys54WRG to the latest firmware. This allowed me to connect, but got me another error code. So I changed a bunch of settings... and eventually found the key was to switch from G only to Mixed (B & G).

Well that effing pointless update has got me getting the unable to connect to the internet error again. For a company that preached they wouldn't go online until it was simple to do, they have the most half-ass implementation in videogame history. If the new answer to this is setting the router to B only, I'm done with taking this thing online."

Has anyone determined what in the holy hell they did with that update?

EDIT: Had 2 Wireless settings on the console. Solved the problem by Erasing the non-active Setting 1 which it was defaulting to after the update.

[quote name='botticus']Nothing wrong with my Wii at this point in time, quite the opposite:

Has anyone had any problems with the console freezing (stuck on a black screen) when switching channels since the Shop Channel update? i.e. going to the Mii channel, returning to the home menu, etc. I had the issue a number of times the first week, but I don't believe I have experienced it at all since that patch. Would be cool if it was already fixed.[/QUOTE]

YES! I was just coming in here to post this. If I don't power on the console for a couple days, then go right to the Mii Channel, it takes ~3 minutes to load up. It's pretty freaking annoying.

[quote name='Apossum']YES! I was just coming in here to post this. If I don't power on the console for a couple days, then go right to the Mii Channel, it takes ~3 minutes to load up. It's pretty freaking annoying.[/quote]

There is an easy way to tell if your Wii has locked up when exiting a channel. If the player number light on your Wii turns off when you exit a channel, the Wii has not locked up. The Wii should soft boot back to the main Wii channel screen.

If the player number light stays on when exiting a channel and nothing happens, the Wii has most likely locked up.

The light for the player number should turn off anytime you exit a channel since the Wii is actually rebooting.

As far as your problem, Apossum, do you have WiiConnect24 turned off? If it is turned off, I bet when you power on your Wii and go to the Mii channel, it is connecting to the internet to see if any Miis need to be added to your Mii Parade or Mii Plaza, hence the delay.

Earlier this morning, my tray was glowing cuz I had a message, and I tried to turn it on. But lo and behold, it would not start up. I tried manually booting it and booting from the Wiimote. I also tried holding down the power button. Still nothing. The disc eject worked, but it still wouldn't turn on. I unpluged it, pluged it back in, and it's all gravy again. Makes me worried that a Nintendo console is having problems like these this early on. Especially since we can't transfer purchased VC games. :whistle2:?

[quote name='Mr. Anderson']Earlier this morning, my tray was glowing cuz I had a message, and I tried to turn it on. But lo and behold, it would not start up. I tried manually booting it and booting from the Wiimote. I also tried holding down the power button. Still nothing. The disc eject worked, but it still wouldn't turn on. I unpluged it, pluged it back in, and it's all gravy again. Makes me worried that a Nintendo console is having problems like these this early on. Especially since we can't transfer purchased VC games. :whistle2:?[/quote]Honestly, this is the first Nintendo console I kinda expected problems with. Hardware issues themselves have been few and far between of course (from a physical standpoint), but this being their first foray into firmware and whatnot, it's not unexpected.

Never had your problem, myself, that's rather odd that the eject would work but nothing else. Luckily the unplug/restart trick has worked for everything so far. I believe that's a result of even the red light meaning it's still on standby. So the only way to hardboot it is to unplug it.

[quote name='botticus']Well, I had an awfully weird episode last night. I quit Trauma Center and was going to shut the console off, when my remote lost sync. I used my other controller to turn off and back on the console, and was able to hit one button on it before it also lost sync. Nothing worked (restarting, resyncing) until I unplugged and turned it back on, then they were sync'd back up as normal.

Not sure if there was some signal interference somewhere or what, but odd. At least nothing is broken.[/QUOTE]

I started having this problem last night every time I exit the shop channel. Unplugging the unit is the only thing that gets my remotes working again.

[quote name='vasco']Hey, I don't know if anyone else has noticed this, but I have some funny japanese characters showing up on my WiFi USB adapter regsitered screen. I connect wirelessly using the Nintendo USB WiFi adapter. In the registered names I normally see my DS and Wii console names. But I just saw some japanese letters as opposed to my name. Does this mean I could be getting hacked? Or is Wii Connect 24 getting hacked? Please help![/QUOTE]

Same thing happend to me. I reseted my connection settings and re-entered my Wii name. After that the japanese characters are gone.

Quick question before I head out the door, maybe I'll see some sort of answer when I get home, anyway...

I just purchased a new Wireless router which works very well, easily reaches my Wii which is downstairs in the house. Anyway, I got the Wii to connect and did all of the updates. Everything seems to be working like normal, however it looks like the Wii power LED, is always on green. Playing a game or on the Wii menu it is green, then when I go to turn the system off either by Wiimote or Power Button, it still stays green. Is this normal? If I unplug the power and plug it back it the light goes to red, but I was under the assumption the power led was supposed to be orange in standby mode.

Anyone got any info?

[quote name='FFMooglestar']Quick question before I head out the door, maybe I'll see some sort of answer when I get home, anyway...

I just purchased a new Wireless router which works very well, easily reaches my Wii which is downstairs in the house. Anyway, I got the Wii to connect and did all of the updates. Everything seems to be working like normal, however it looks like the Wii power LED, is always on green. Playing a game or on the Wii menu it is green, then when I go to turn the system off either by Wiimote or Power Button, it still stays green. Is this normal? If I unplug the power and plug it back it the light goes to red, but I was under the assumption the power led was supposed to be orange in standby mode.

Anyone got any info?[/quote]

So the light stays green when you turn the system off (using the Remote or console power button)? How odd. That's definitely not how it's supposed to work.

Green = on
Orange = Stanby with WC24 on
Red = Stanby with WC24 off

Really weird. Maybe try toggling WC24 off/on and see what happens?

[quote name='botticus']Are you sure it's green? The orange/yellow can look very similar to the green.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I got face to face with the led last go around, and noticed 0 change when powering the unit on and off. I am now about to try out hack's suggestion. Will report back soon.

edit:

Well I tried hack's suggestion. Turned WC24 off, and the led would turn red when powered off. Turned WC24 back on, and the light stayed the same color when turned off. However! I got a second opinion, and they insist that the light is in fact changing to a "yellow" color when turned off, and "green" when turned on. I suppose I am just suffering from some sort of color blindness with the LED.

Thank you very much hack for your suggestion nonetheless, and thank you botticus for affirming that the yellow/orange can look very similar to the green.

My Wii remote just stopped working out of the blue... on Christmas day of all days. I was going to play with my family, and now I can't even go buy another one because all the stores are closed... this sucks.

Anyway, I don't know what's wrong with it. The Wii won't detect it at all, the batteries are brand new. When I push any button the four lights on the bottom of the Wii mote light up, and that's it. I tried taking the back of the battery cover off and pushing the little red button, but that doesn't do anythign except make the Wiimote flash non-stop.

[quote name='Chris in Cali']My Wii remote just stopped working out of the blue... on Christmas day of all days. I was going to play with my family, and now I can't even go buy another one because all the stores are closed... this sucks.

Anyway, I don't know what's wrong with it. The Wii won't detect it at all, the batteries are brand new. When I push any button the four lights on the bottom of the Wii mote light up, and that's it. I tried taking the back of the battery cover off and pushing the little red button, but that doesn't do anythign except make the Wiimote flash non-stop.[/quote]

Try completely un-plugging the console itself and then reconnecting it all together.

Just got my console yesterday, and this is more of a question but I didn't think it was worth starting a new thread...

Should I be able to navigate the Wii OS and menus with my GC controller? When I tried out my backward compatibility, I had to turn the unit on, get past the warning screen, choose the Games channel and start the GC game before my wavebird starting working. Once the GC screen starting loading, everything was great, but the system didn't look like it knew a GC contoller was attached until the GC segment booted.

Its not normally a big deal, but its a little annoying and a bit of a battery waste to turn on the wiimote everytime I want to load up Tales of Symphonia.

[quote name='jalu6']Just got my console yesterday, and this is more of a question but I didn't think it was worth starting a new thread...

Should I be able to navigate the Wii OS and menus with my GC controller? When I tried out my backward compatibility, I had to turn the unit on, get past the warning screen, choose the Games channel and start the GC game before my wavebird starting working. Once the GC screen starting loading, everything was great, but the system didn't look like it knew a GC contoller was attached until the GC segment booted.

Its not normally a big deal, but its a little annoying and a bit of a battery waste to turn on the wiimote everytime I want to load up Tales of Symphonia.[/quote]GC controllers do not control the Wii Menu in any way. So yes, you have to use a Wiimote to get to a GC game.

Having an issue, seems to have started immediately after I took the Wii online and did a few things like check Gmail and Vgcats.com.

When I try to shut off the Wii with the 'motes power button, the music in the Wii menu stops, the pointer disappears, but the machine remains on. If I press A or something, the 'mote resyncs, but the music doesn't come back. If I go into other menus or channels, it remains silent.

At first I thought "this is because my 'mote was synced as the second one." But I tried the other one I have and the same thing happens.

I could only turn off the Wii by physically holding the power switch on the system itself for several seconds - maybe 6-8 or so. It would then go red (WC24 off). If I turn it on with either the switch or the controller, I'll get the same issue when I try to turn it off. This issue also occurs if I try to shut off directly with the power switch.

In short, no matter how I try to turn it off, the only way to do so is to hold the power switch.

I tried to unplug it, but this did not help. Basically it looks like I cannot get back onto WC24 during idle time. I have made sure my system still shows WC24 as automatically connecting during downtime.

:(

This OS is very buggy and it is starting to get annoying.

Edit: Appears that I have solved it somewhat. After leaving the machine unplugged for several minutes, I booted back up. Issue was still happening. So I shut it down and turned it back on. Again tried to power off with the controller, and it went silent. I thought I'd see what would happen if I tried to run a game (Rayman was in the system already). By accident I hit the Forecast channel instead. It told me it couldn't find the latest information, so I quit the channel. The Wii then shut down and went orange. I turned it back on and tried to shut it down with the controller, and it shut down to orange without an issue.

I think all this means is that I'm not going to touch the browser again for a long time. I'll see if I can isolate the issue better in the future.

Two Issues I cant seem o find in here:

One my 'mote comes unsynced at random times, but mostly durning Bowling, but has happened else where. Just stops for about 3-7 secs then makes a *select* noise and comes back. The batteries are fine, and I'm not far away from the console. This happens with both of my 'motes, but it seems only on the first player. Any answers?

Also my Wii has clashed 2 times while surfing the web. One while watching a video, the other just on a random page. The system come back fine with press of the front power button. but is rather annoying.

The browser crashed on me once. I can't remember what I was doing. I think I was trying to type in the CAG address and it froze midway.

bread's done
Back