One and Only "____ is wrong with my Wii" General Questions/Help Topic.

I think the store's just too busy. Have you found it better later in the week (Friday?) rather than on Mondays? Nintendo needs some better error management.

[quote name='SkyGheNe']Raving Rabbids...monkey ball...zelda...wario ware...

Again, I don't get it. The pointer works fine. I can create miis, sift through menus, no problem. But the second ANY game action occurs...like, setting up a game of tennis or bowling, once it starts I can't move the characters with the mote.[/quote]The pointer isn't involved with the motion of the remote at all, that only deals with the sensor bar. The accelerometers that measure the movement are what seems to be the problem here.

[quote name='farmecologist']I found this article:

http://wii.qj.net/Wiimote-troubleshooting-101-spank-it/pg/49/aid/77408

It says if the motion sensing capability stops working, then try slamming the Wiimote on your hand to get it working again. Amazingly, it worked!

I already have contacted Nintendo. However, I wanted to try to get it to work before our super bowl party tomorrow. :)[/QUOTE]

botticus, this is how I fixed my accelerometer problem ( same problem as what you are seeing ). I know, it sounds strange. however, it did work for me and I have not had any more problems with it.

[quote name='farmecologist']botticus, this is how I fixed my accelerometer problem ( same problem as what you are seeing ). I know, it sounds strange. however, it did work for me and I have not had any more problems with it.[/quote]I wasn't the one having the problem (that's SkyGheNe), but that quote should be useful to them regardless.

I've been having the de-syncing problem a lot recently. It only occured once before, but happen twice in the past two days. What gives?

[quote name='botticus']I wasn't the one having the problem (that's SkyGheNe), but that quote should be useful to them regardless.[/QUOTE]

D'oh..my bad!

I've been having a problem with freezing on the black screen of death more frequently. Pop in Zelda after coming home from work when it's been on standby all day and FREEZE. Pop in tony Hawk after a short forcast? FREEZE. No remote response, just 4 blinking lights and the system never recovers unless it's powered down and turned on again. This happens at least twice daily, more on the weekends. It's a crap shoot as to whether or not the thing will actually boot.

I'll also be playing Zelda and the game will freeze and say the nunchuck has ben disconnected, even though it's plugged in perfectly. I'll have to disconnect it and re-connect it several times an hour. This has been hapenening for the last 3 days.

I get the freezing/locking up problem roughly once out of every 3 or 4 times I leave the home menu (loading up a channel or a game). Hard reboot is the only thing that clears it. I finally got tired of waiting for an update to fix this and turned off wiiconnect24 (so it is nice and cool when I decide to run it), and it seems to have cleared up the problem. Mind you, I'd rather have it online constantly for convenience (read: working as advertised), but that seems to be the only way I can keep the thing from locking up on me all the time. :whistle2:(

well i had two quick questions....

i finished the cube version of Zelda TP but i noticed a lil bit of slow down when you first enter hyrule castle (it was in the big room with all the hanging chandeliers) has anyone else experienced a slowdown like this?

and i didnt really know where to post this question, but does it bother anyone (besides me) that when you put in a gamecube game in your wii, the startup screen just says gamecube and doesnt say what game is in your wii... i want it to have like a title screen for the game the way it did on the gamecube (this may be more of a suggestion then a question but yeah...)

Well, my poor Wii is headed off to Nintendo once its shipping label gets here. The GPU issues that some have had continue to exist, so I figured I might as well get it sent off and fixed before Super Paper Mario hits.

Just gotta say, though. Nintendo customer service is absolutely top-notch. No charges, no questions, just getting it done. Wonderful.

I turned off wiiconnect 24 for a few days and the freezing problem has getting worse. It will lock up first thing in the morning choosing the disk channel after being off all night. It's so bad that I fully expect to have to reboot at every other menu choice. I tried to copy all my gamesaves onto an SD card and had to reboot 5 times until it would access the Wii system memory screen.

It was pretty embarrassing to pop in SSX Blur in front of my whole family and have it crash 3 times before we could actually start playing. It didn't make for a good Wii reliability advertisement.

I couldn't reach an actual person on the phone in a reasonable amount of time, so
I emailed Nintendo on Wednesday and have yet to get a response. I hope I have as smooth of an experience as you, daroga.

[quote name='bmulligan']I turned off wiiconnect 24 for a few days and the freezing problem has getting worse. It will lock up first thing in the morning choosing the disk channel after being off all night. It's so bad that I fully expect to have to reboot at every other menu choice. I tried to copy all my gamesaves onto an SD card and had to reboot 5 times until it would access the Wii system memory screen.

It was pretty embarrassing to pop in SSX Blur in front of my whole family and have it crash 3 times before we could actually start playing. It didn't make for a good Wii reliability advertisement.

I couldn't reach an actual person on the phone in a reasonable amount of time, so
I emailed Nintendo on Wednesday and have yet to get a response. I hope I have as smooth of an experience as you, daroga.[/quote]For this type of stuff I always call rather than email. Nintendo doesn't outsource, so you'll get people you can understand and you don't have to wait for backed email systems or worry about errant SPAM flags.

How long are people waiting when they suspect the console of locking up? I don't think I have actually had the Wii "freeze" after the first or second update. Occasionally it will take 5 minutes (literally) to boot up a channel (usually when there's a problem with WiiConnect24 cause their timeout is ridiculously huge), but no freezing.

[quote name='Mr. Anderson']My Wiimote won't respond when I turn on the console! SOMEBODY HELP ME![/quote]

I'm having this same problem as well. I have a fresh pair of batteries in my remote, but when I press Power (or any button) it doesn't respond. All four lights blink for a bit then stop.

[quote name='botticus']How long are people waiting when they suspect the console of locking up? I don't think I have actually had the Wii "freeze" after the first or second update. Occasionally it will take 5 minutes (literally) to boot up a channel (usually when there's a problem with WiiConnect24 cause their timeout is ridiculously huge), but no freezing.[/QUOTE]

I read your posts a few pages back about waiting longer for a channel selection to start after an apparent "freeze" on a black screen. It does not return from this condition for any amount of time. Believe me, I have tried, waited, tried, waited, and tried again on every channel. I'd expect this to happen when accessing the internet or using a beta browser, but trying to access the system memory or the game disk shouldn't have anything to do with connecting to the internet.

Even five minutes to come back to life from a blank screen when you click on the game channel to play Zelda is ridiculous and constitutes a deffective console, in my opinion.

[quote name='bmulligan']I read your posts a few pages back about waiting longer for a channel selection to start after an apparent "freeze" on a black screen. It does not return from this condition for any amount of time. Believe me, I have tried, waited, tried, waited, and tried again on every channel. I'd expect this to happen when accessing the internet or using a beta browser, but trying to access the system memory or the game disk shouldn't have anything to do with connecting to the internet.

Even five minutes to come back to life from a blank screen when you click on the game channel to play Zelda is ridiculous and constitutes a deffective console, in my opinion.[/quote]
I have the exact same issue with my system, and even if it was 'just' five minute load times, I still wouldn't consider it to be acceptable. I have let the black screen sit for more than 10 minutes previously...and have even thought it was off once or twice when it was actually locked up (leaving it in this state for a considerable amount of time). It is definitely not just running slow in these instances. Let us know how your experience goes, I think I will be giving the big N a call as well, soon.

[quote name='botticus']Unplug the console, try it again.[/quote]

Thanks a lot! I didn't think it'd be that simple to fix lol.

I get a black Error Page when changing out games or even when booting up when it has been on standby all night and have to do a hard reboot. Would this warrant it being called a defective console?

Anybody experiencing a jittery screen when selecting the disc channel? It isn't a permanent problem, but everytime I pick the disc channel, the picture starts shaking and quits. I've also seen it happen when I'm on the Everybody Votes channel.

[quote name='Z-Saber']Anybody experiencing a jittery screen when selecting the disc channel? It isn't a permanent problem, but everytime I pick the disc channel, the picture starts shaking and quits. I've also seen it happen when I'm on the Everybody Votes channel.[/QUOTE]

Nope, never had that one. Do you mean jittery like a phaser hit on the Enterprise, or a vertical hold problem ? My screen just quick fades to black and then fades-in with the game screen menu- unless it crashes, that is.

[quote name='capthowdy'] I get a black Error Page when changing out games or even when booting up when it has been on standby all night and have to do a hard reboot. Would this warrant it being called a defective console?[/QUOTE]

Don't know. Mine started like that and is now subtantially worse as described in previous posts. It will hang on almost every other activity, and now it hangs in the middle of playing games too.

I got a response from Nintendo yesterday and it was a standard email form letter linking to their troubleshooting page. I'm now crafting a somewhat angrier response.

[quote name='bmulligan']Nope, never had that one. Do you mean jittery like a phaser hit on the Enterprise, or a vertical hold problem ? My screen just quick fades to black and then fades-in with the game screen menu- unless it crashes, that is.[/quote]I'm not sure I completely get the Enterprise analogy, but let me clarify the problem. It primarily happens when clicking the disc channel, and goes away after you start the game. The problem itself is the screen shakes back and forth, left and right. The colors stay the same, the sound works perfectly, and the system runs normally. You can still start the game and the game works without any shaking.

[quote name='dallow']Is the Wii board the worst out of the 'new' three systems?

It's like there's almost nothing to discuss on here.[/QUOTE]

Ok, is this really necessary?

You're just being a dickhead and you know it.

[quote name='dallow']Is the Wii board the worst out of the 'new' three systems?

It's like there's almost nothing to discuss on here.[/QUOTE]

Actually, that makes it practically the best. The Wii seems to be having the least problems of the three (PS3s that don't work, Red Rings of Death on 360s, etc). So really, less talk here means good things.

[quote name='Zmonkay']Actually, that makes it practically the best. The Wii seems to be having the least problems of the three (PS3s that don't work, Red Rings of Death on 360s, etc). So really, less talk here means good things.[/quote]

No, means there's nothing to talk about.
And I haven't read any posts about PS3s not working, dont say garbage.

Ok, is this really necessary?

You're just being a dickhead and you know it.

But isn't it true?
The only good threads are the ones talking about the VC games because it brings back a few memories.
And the ONE topic about an upcoming game, Super Paper Mario.

Man, other than that, this board is skint.

[quote name='dallow']No, means there's nothing to talk about.

But isn't it true?
The only good threads are the ones talking about the VC games because it brings back a few memories.

Man, other than that, this board is skint.[/quote]Thank God you're contributing. And in an irrelevant thread. If only the Wii had background downloading, that would make all the difference. I mean, shit... the PS3 forum has had a whole two more active threads today than the Wii forum. This place is lame.

[quote name='dallow']No, means there's nothing to talk about.

But isn't it true?

Man, other than that, this board is skint.[/QUOTE]

Let's see. Nights got confirmed as a Wii exclusive title. I'd say that's pretty big.

Outside of that, learn your history, even if the history in this case is only a few weeks old - Nintendo is in the middle of a stock exchange event, as they are buying back a huge portion of their stocks from the Japanese government.

Meaning they - by law - can not release information on what they are planning right now, and this happened right at the beginning of GDC.

Until all of that clears, they can't divulge any of their internal projects.

There was talk it would be resolved around the end of March. This coincides with their new financial year opening on April 1st.

So again, I ask - why in the hell are you coming in here and into a thread that's meant to serve as a way to help users, just to bash the goddamn system, this board, and (generally) the users of both prior-mentioned objects?

You don't have a reason, and instead you're acting like a shithead, and you're just going to give me some tired "whoa man calm down why do you let this get to you" bullshit because I'm telling you that you aren't cute or funny by being totally asinine.

So just stfu. It's not amusing or clever in any way. It's just goddamn annoying and it's ruining a topic that shouldn't have to put up with it.

[quote name='Strell']Let's see. Nights got confirmed as a Wii exclusive title. I'd say that's pretty big.

Outside of that, learn your history, even if the history in this case is only a few weeks old - Nintendo is in the middle of a stock exchange event, as they are buying back a huge portion of their stocks from the Japanese government.

Meaning they - by law - can not release information on what they are planning right now, and this happened right at the beginning of GDC.

Until all of that clears, they can't divulge any of their internal projects.

There was talk it would be resolved around the end of March. This coincides with their new financial year opening on April 1st.

So again, I ask - why in the hell are you coming in here and into a thread that's meant to serve as a way to help users, just to bash the goddamn system, this board, and (generally) the users of both prior-mentioned objects?

You don't have a reason, and instead you're acting like a shithead, and you're just going to give me some tired "whoa man calm down why do you let this get to you" bullshit because I'm telling you that you aren't cute or funny by being totally asinine.

So just stfu. It's not amusing or clever in any way. It's just goddamn annoying and it's ruining a topic that shouldn't have to put up with it.[/quote]

It's not even about new games or anything, it's the general lack of spirit in on this board.
I should be excited about NiGHTS?
I forgot how they used to spell that on the Saturn. I didn't care that much about it then. I'm glad the character is back though, I've always liked the look.

There's no sense of unity here, no sense of camaraderie (especially not with your response), no fun here.
There's a general lack of everything. Fast forward me about 6 months please.

There has to be more exciting things to talk about here than some new wireless sensor bar.

And I didn't make a new thead to ask this because it said "General Questions".

It hadn't been touched in over two weeks too.

Don't get so defensive.

And I didn't make a new thead to ask this because it said "General Questions".

It hadn't been touched in over two weeks too.

Don't get so defensive.

[quote name='botticus']Thank God you're contributing. And in an irrelevant thread. If only the Wii had background downloading, that would make all the difference. I mean, shit... the PS3 forum has had a whole two more active threads today than the Wii forum. This place is lame.[/quote]

You can go a couple days here without a new thread about something, being created.

With PS3, 360, even the handhelds, I can pick around and read about something new.

Botticus, I like your quick news on the VC thead. Still the only worthwhile thing reading.

Anyway. Sorry it disturbed you two guys.

[quote name='dallow']And I didn't make a new thead to ask this because it said "General Questions".
[/QUOTE]

Yeah - about "what is wrong with my Wii," as in technical problems and other concerns like that.

Not an airing ground for you to act like a snot nosed shit about it.

Quit talking, alright? You came in and acted like a 13 year old motherfucker, and I'm going to react as if you're acting like a 13 year old motherfucker, and that's kind of the end of the situation.

Beyond all of your stupid brazen claims about "omfg there's nothing going on here" and some sort of personal attention to "no camaraderie," you're accomplishing nothing but hyperbolic bullshit. "Nothing in 2 weeks." Which is factually incorrect and coincides with the legally-imposed silence Nintendo has to undertake at the moment. And beyond that, is actually a good thing - I guess this means our systems don't blow the fuck up every other day, as I've seen no less than 3 360s die from OTT members. So you're proposing something that is ludicrous anyway.

So come back in 6 months, aye? After all that is your own suggestion.

[quote name='Strell']Yeah - about "what is wrong with my Wii," as in technical problems and other concerns like that.

Not an airing ground for you to act like a snot nosed shit about it.

Quit talking, alright? You came in and acted like a 13 year old motherfucker, and I'm going to react as if you're acting like a 13 year old motherfucker, and that's kind of the end of the situation.

Beyond all of your stupid brazen claims about "omfg there's nothing going on here" and some sort of personal attention to "no camaraderie," you're accomplishing nothing but hyperbolic bullshit. "Nothing in 2 weeks." Which is factually incorrect and coincides with the legally-imposed silence Nintendo has to undertake at the moment. And beyond that, is actually a good thing - I guess this means our systems don't blow the fuck up every other day, as I've seen no less than 3 360s die from OTT members. So you're proposing something that is ludicrous anyway.

So come back in 6 months, aye? After all that is your own suggestion.[/quote]

Strell, stop trying so hard to be Tycho. (i've always noticed that in your smarmy posts)
You don't do a good job of it.

If that's the best you can pull off, you might as well just say your dad can beat up my dad, and that your bike is better than my bike.

[quote name='Strell']If that's the best you can pull off, you might as well just say your dad can beat up my dad, and that your bike is better than my bike.[/quote]

Sorry, I don't tend to curse.

(hehe, and you DO like the way Tycho writes don't you? i knew i was right about that)

[quote name='Strell']Well I don't think I'm going to get very far trying to convince people that maybe he likes to write like me.[/quote]

Aw Strell, first I love ya, then I hate ya, now I love ya again.

[quote name='dallow']Aw Strell, first I love ya, then I hate ya, now I love ya again.[/QUOTE]

You and Strell should get a room and get it on. Maybe then Dallow could stop cluttering up this thread with incipid interruptions to spice up his otherwise boring existence. Go be stupid somewhere else and leavethe forum to people who care, please. Since you're just here to be an ass, you've made your point already, thanks. Now good day sir!

[quote name='bmulligan']You and Strell should get a room and get it on. Maybe then Dallow could stop cluttering up this thread with incipid interruptions to spice up his otherwise boring existence. Go be stupid somewhere else and leavethe forum to people who care, please. Since you're just here to be an ass, you've made your point already, thanks. Now good day sir![/quote]
Dude, that was so 5 days ago.
You're always late to the party, and never bring anything.

Strell always brings wine to dinner.

Anybody else having problems with playing Megaman X Collection on the Wii? It seems to be ok up until the game select menu, but when I try to pick a game, I only get audio, and no visual (unless I go to the load screen, then I get a visual). Any ideas?

Edit: After looking at it more closely, all I see in the "intro" portion is the Licensed by Nintendo line, then the option to start the game without a save file, then audio (no video), then the main "push start" screen (with audio and video), then the main menu (with audio and video).

ummmm, help...

My screen has blotches/patches all randomly throughout the screen at random times (not unplayable, but very annoying/distracting).

I'm thinking GPU as it gets worse w/ more graphically challenging games (zelda), but i see it on all channels and wii home, etc...

HELP!

ummmm, help...

My screen has blotches/patches all randomly throughout the screen at random times (not unplayable, but very annoying/distracting).

I'm thinking GPU as it gets worse w/ more graphically challenging games (zelda), but i see it on all channels and wii home, etc...

HELP!

[quote name='DeskLaser']Anybody else having problems with playing Megaman X Collection on the Wii? It seems to be ok up until the game select menu, but when I try to pick a game, I only get audio, and no visual (unless I go to the load screen, then I get a visual). Any ideas?

Edit: After looking at it more closely, all I see in the "intro" portion is the Licensed by Nintendo line, then the option to start the game without a save file, then audio (no video), then the main "push start" screen (with audio and video), then the main menu (with audio and video).[/quote]

I'm going to bump your question to this page.
My cousin has this game, I'll try it out on the Wii. Seems odd that it doesn't work though...

[quote name='Wlogan31']ummmm, help...

HELP![/quote]

As for you buddy...

Read this:
http://cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=133801

And call Nintendo now.

Blah.

Does anyone else have an insanely hard time getting their SD card out of their Wii?? I had to unplug the damn thing and unhinge the little door so I could get some leverage. I had to use my fingernails and ever so slowly jiggle it out. This in total probably took 5 minutes. The process really should've taken less than 2 seconds.

I'm using a Ultra II 2 gig SD card if that makes a difference. I thought there might be some kind of release mechanism, but nope.

***EDIT***So there IS a release mechanism...you push it. But I swear the first time I tried taking it out, I pushed it (actually many times) and waited for a click noise, which is the norm with these things, but to no avail. It also didn't pop out any. Strange. Now whenever I put it in I feel as though it'll get stuck again because I kinda have to force it in, it's not as a fluid motion like it is with my laptop's SD reader. Poor show Nintendo.

[quote name='A Happy Panda']Blah.

Does anyone else have an insanely hard time getting their SD card out of their Wii?? I had to unplug the damn thing and unhinge the little door so I could get some leverage. I had to use my fingernails and ever so slowly jiggle it out. This in total probably took 5 minutes. The process really should've taken less than 2 seconds.

I'm using a Ultra II 2 gig SD card if that makes a difference. I thought there might be some kind of release mechanism, but nope.

***EDIT***So there IS a release mechanism...you push it. But I swear the first time I tried taking it out, I pushed it (actually many times) and waited for a click noise, which is the norm with these things, but to no avail. It also didn't pop out any. Strange. Now whenever I put it in I feel as though it'll get stuck again because I kinda have to force it in, it's not as a fluid motion like it is with my laptop's SD reader. Poor show Nintendo.[/quote]You sure you didn't bust the release mechanism when you tried to manually pull it out? From the one or two times I've used it, I seem to recall it going in and popping out pretty easily.

[quote name='dallow']I'm going to bump your question to this page.
My cousin has this game, I'll try it out on the Wii. Seems odd that it doesn't work though...[/quote]

Pretty sure my roommate has that game down here. I'll try it tonight if he does.

bread's done
Back