One Piece: Romance Dawn LE Retail Release - $39.99 (3DS, GameStop, 2/11/2014)

Diggeh

CAG Newbie
One Piece: Romance Dawn Limited Edition Release
2CB9GO9.jpg
Romance Dawn will be available both at retail and via the Nintendo eShop as a download. The retail edition will feature a special limited edition holographic foil packaging, and will be sold exclusively via GameStop stores, Club Namco and EB. Each unit of these retail packages will be individually numbered.
Support One Piece in the West!
Namco is testing the waters to see if One Piece games are viable here.

You will be showing Namco that we want Unlimited World: RED for the 3DS!

Last edited by a moderator:
well romance dawn is pretty boring also lol. i just like one piece and want the physical copy. ive only played the demo of RED so maybe the full game gets better. movement and combat just feel really clunky to me. wasnt very fun
I have RED and I really enjoy it. The demo was just some of the missions you can do. The rest of the gameplay is like the unlimited cruise/ adventure series.

forgot this was coming out so soon... guess i should start watching one piece finally so i have some reference to the characters =P

forgot this was coming out so soon... guess i should start watching one piece finally so i have some reference to the characters =P
Its my favorite manga at the moment. The arc thats currently airing on Toonami that turned the series from being awesome into amazing for me. Hell, even the filler in the anime is fun to watch (As opposed to Bleachs full year of boring filler)

I don't have a 3DS yet or I would get this... :(

Go for it. The beginning is a bit slow, but the story builds up really good as it progresses, and you'll come to like all the characters too.
I also second the Water 7 saga as the best storyline in One Piece.

Yeah, from what I've read and heard this game is not that good. Either way, I'm still buying it; it's one of the few One Piece games getting a physical release over here.

For those who don't know, it's a port of a PSP game released almost a year or so ago. Not sure how far it goes into the story, though.

People aren't going to buy this because of bad reviews? Hasn't anyone learned that professional reviews don't know the they're talking about, especially when it comes to games like this. I highly doubt this will ever see the bargain bins, especially since it's a GS exclusive release. If anything, this will end up like the last physical One Piece game we got, Unlimited Adventure, or Xenoblade Chronicles and it'll quickly disappear and then double in price due to the limited availability.

People aren't going to buy this because of bad reviews? Hasn't anyone learned that professional reviews don't know the they're talking about, especially when it comes to games like this. I highly doubt this will ever see the bargain bins, especially since it's a GS exclusive release. If anything, this will end up like the last physical One Piece game we got, Unlimited Adventure, or Xenoblade Chronicles and it'll quickly disappear and then double in price due to the limited availability.
Only that it isn't only "professional review" that are saying it's a bland game. Even fellow gamers that I've come across on various gaming forums, who have played the PSP version and the 3DS japanese version have said the same thing. Look, I'm a pretty big One Piece fan myself and I'm not looking at it through rose-colored glasses. I've seen various gameplay videos and other reactions and have seen all of the problems people have described. It does look bland (endless, boring corridors with lite rpg elements).

That being said, I'm sure there are people out there who will enjoy the game. I'm still hesitant to get it or not. But I'm not sweating it. Because it's also being released on the eshop, there is always that option in case I do change my mind in the future (if physical copies to sell out quickly because of how niche this game will be).

Only that it isn't only "professional review" that are saying it's a bland game. Even fellow gamers that I've come across on various gaming forums, who have played the PSP version and the 3DS japanese version have said the same thing. Look, I'm a pretty big One Piece fan myself and I'm not looking at it through rose-colored glasses. I've seen various gameplay videos and other reactions and have seen all of the problems people have described. It does look bland (endless, boring corridors with lite rpg elements).

That being said, I'm sure there are people out there who will enjoy the game. I'm still hesitant to get it or not. But I'm not sweating it. Because it's also being released on the eshop, there is always that option in case I do change my mind in the future (if physical copies to sell out quickly because of how niche this game will be).
It's true that the eShop version is there for people that are okay with having digital copies of there games, I myself prefer to have a physical copy, and I'm enough of a One Piece fan to want to support any releases the franchise gets in the West, especially when it comes to video games since we tend to get skipped over for a vast majority of them.

As far as the game being bad, I haven't really done any research on it, honestly, when it comes to games I really only care what I think about it, not what any other reviewers or fans things, so if I get burned on it that's my own problem. I can respect that people may not like the game and don't want to waste there money, however I'd just like to see the franchise get the support it deserves since it's typically overshadowed here in the West by other more popular franchises.

I just preordered. Fans of the series seem to like it, and I love the series. I heard its also pretty lengthy

I learned not to trust reviews on niche games. If its bad whatever, hopefully it leads to us getting better One Piece games

Ehhhh the bad reviews worry me, but I'm a big enough One Piece fan that I'll still get it. I want to support the Western release of this game, and I'd perfer a physical copy. Who knows, this could turn out like One Piece Unlimited Adventure for the Wii and turn out to be semi-rare. Glad I picked it up and still a great game.

I usually never listen to reviews but thats when the games have hit $10 or less I usually never buy any game at launch and I just dont want to get a crappy game for $40. I really hope that the reviewers were just stupid and the game actually turns out to be good but I just dont think ill be buying One Piece. This is coming from a huge One Piece fan.

Put my $5 down, thanks for the reminder! Here's hoping for a low number! I guess we'll find out next week if it's widely available or if only certain stores will carry it.

I didn't mean to start up a conversation about reviews.  Look, I think we all understand that you don't strictly go by what reviews say, but use them more-so as a barometer of games you're not entirely sure about.  You see what various people are saying about the game, not just one single review.  And don't just look at the major gaming sites, but also on forums for gamer experiences.  You do your own research as far as watching gameplay videos and what not, and then you can make a more educated choice on how you spend your money.  At least that's how I approach games that I'm unsure of.  Everyone has their own formula, which is cool.

Just remember the last time a One Piece Nintendo game came out it became super are and hard to get.  I think I'll order a copy just in case.

Put my $5 down, thanks for the reminder! Here's hoping for a low number! I guess we'll find out next week if it's widely available or if only certain stores will carry it.
i think only gamestop is getting the cart verison.

crap i heard these are going to numbered. Damn you now i will probally but 1 or 2 to see if they become rare

will hit up gamestop tomorrow to preorder 2

What I meant by that was if every Gamestop is going to get copies or if it's going to be limited to certain high volume stores and/or areas. You would think there wouldn't be a high print of this game but with so many stores around I'm trying to figure out a print run for this game. I'm guessing the first and maybe only printing is going to be all numbered, I guess good luck to those wanting to deal with digital river in the future if the game does indeed become hard to find.

I have a hunch most stores will only get enough to fill their preorders, and more high volume stores will get a greater quantity. I guess we'll have a better idea of the print run once we hear what some peoples numbers on their copies are next week, but I vaguely remember hearing a number of 10,000, but I can't recall where I read that. The last physical One Piece game here only had one print run, which is why it's rare now.

I ordered from the Namco store yesterday, because I couldn't get SAVER to work for my gamestop order (I'm not a pro member?). I already got my shipping confirmation with an expected arrival of this Friday (though I sent it to my permanent address, so I won't see it for a month).

Apparently, according to Club Nintendo, the physical games will have points. No mention of the digital version having points though.

I ordered from the Namco store yesterday, because I couldn't get SAVER to work for my gamestop order (I'm not a pro member?). I already got my shipping confirmation with an expected arrival of this Friday (though I sent it to my permanent address, so I won't see it for a month).

Apparently, according to Club Nintendo, the physical games will have points. No mention of the digital version having points though.
Same I don't want to pay shipping and also tax, just tax is fine....so went with it as well. Dealing with Digital River...I feel dirty though.

I have a hunch most stores will only get enough to fill their preorders, and more high volume stores will get a greater quantity. I guess we'll have a better idea of the print run once we hear what some peoples numbers on their copies are next week, but I vaguely remember hearing a number of 10,000, but I can't recall where I read that. The last physical One Piece game here only had one print run, which is why it's rare now.
even if it had only a 10k print run dont mean it be worth tons of cash. Look at class of heroes 2

Did instore pickup at Gamestop and haven't received any information to pick up the game. Gamestop usually text me by 10 am to pick up pre-order games on release day anyone else do in store pick up online?

Anyone pick theirs up yet? Do they have standard copies or is everything just GS exclusive? And I'm curious what they are numbered out of too?

If anybody has picked their copy up is it numbered out of X amount? Just curious what the total printed copies are if we know. I'll get mine later today though.

I received my text 2 days ago
Me too. Funny thing is the game before this one I received the text 2 days after I had picked the game up, LOL. I don't go by the texts but I live within a mile of Gamestop.

I'd go get one, but it's snowy here, and my wife would kill me, if I ran into town to get a video game, and Jungle Book.

Called my Gamestop they told me they had them and said okay I wasn't sure because I didn't recieve a text. The guy said with a title nobody knows about they won't notify you.

Called my Gamestop they told me they had them and said okay I wasn't sure because I didn't recieve a text. The guy said with a title nobody knows about they won't notify you.
lol well thats straight bs hes saying because i got my text 2 days ago

If you preordered this game, i would get it today because stores only got enough for the preorders and they are still gutting a copy for display which i think is pointless.. There are about 1000 at the warehouse and they are numbered out of 16800. If you havent preordered one i would just buy from online so you will get a sealed copy..

bread's done
Back