One Piece: Romance Dawn LE Retail Release - $39.99 (3DS, GameStop, 2/11/2014)

Diggeh

CAG Newbie
One Piece: Romance Dawn Limited Edition Release
2CB9GO9.jpg
Romance Dawn will be available both at retail and via the Nintendo eShop as a download. The retail edition will feature a special limited edition holographic foil packaging, and will be sold exclusively via GameStop stores, Club Namco and EB. Each unit of these retail packages will be individually numbered.
Support One Piece in the West!
Namco is testing the waters to see if One Piece games are viable here.

You will be showing Namco that we want Unlimited World: RED for the 3DS!

Last edited by a moderator:
4840/16800

I'm pretty happy. I didn't ask how many preorders there were, but they had 3 copies behind the counter on thier shelf before I picked mine up.

Number 29xx. Just glad my copy was in good shape!

Edit: Oh, and they had 2 other pre-orders and one extra that was already taken.

16774/16800

Close :p

Being limited and exclusive will make a good item to resell in a few years, I was going to buy it for myself, but i thought about it, and decided to buy one.

Been playing for about 30-45 minutes and still haven't actually played the game, been all cutscenes and dialog boxes. I am quite disappointed they left the entire opening to the game but cut the song out, just left the original background music.

Yea, gotta hate when they reprint numbered games with the same numbers again.
Yeah this isn't getting reprinted.... they could do a vanilla non numbered version though.

I could see the Bravely default CE getting some sort of Gamestop treating and that extra $5 they were charging going to subsidize it

Haven't you heard, we all play only 5 games and keep the rest sealed.
Even though you´re being sarcastic that is very true for a lot of people here. Hence why posts like that are brought up. A lot of the collectors just care about the rarity over gameplay. Its kind of sad that´s where the industry is going.

Reminds me of the 90s comic book crash with all the foil and holographic covers and limited editions.

Even though you´re being sarcastic that is very true for a lot of people here. Hence why posts like that are brought up. A lot of the collectors just care about the rarity over gameplay. Its kind of sad that´s where the industry is going.

Reminds me of the 90s comic book crash with all the foil and holographic covers and limited editions.
Amen. Too many are materialistic, focused on themselves, and care nothing of others nowadays, more than ever.

Well, I actually wanted the game, being a huge One Piece fan, and wanted to support the release over here. Two and a half hours in, I will say it has problems, very long dialog cutscenes and the area maps are very bland are the first tjings thatthatcome to mind. It is fun for me going back to the start of the story since I haven't rewatched the early episodes in a long time.

Forgot to pre order. Got a gutted copy 15128. Portland OR seems like we west coast got some of the last shipments. thinking about taking back for my $39.99 since I took back SMTIV to get this

Don't forget the diecut gold embossed glow in the dark covers that were in sealed polybags with a trading card!

I am somewhat guilty of this though. I have quite a few CE that I just hate to open. By the time Id gotten around to a few the regular editions had become dirt cheap so I bought one, played the game and then sold it. Or Id wait till a friend finished it and I would play it.

Its the collector in me though that does it sometimes where I just like seeing it all neatly packaged and new. Im not stupid enough like some people to think that someday Ill sell my collection for a million dollars and retire.

Don't forget the diecut gold embossed glow in the dark covers that were in sealed polybags with a trading card!

I am somewhat guilty of this though. I have quite a few CE that I just hate to open. By the time Id gotten around to a few the regular editions had become dirt cheap so I bought one, played the game and then sold it. Or Id wait till a friend finished it and I would play it.

Its the collector in me though that does it sometimes where I just like seeing it all neatly packaged and new. Im not stupid enough like some people to think that someday Ill sell my collection for a million dollars and retire.
i dont see what the problem is. if i want to collect im gonna collect, at the end of the day its my money. i play plenty of games and buy all my games new sometimes even twice if i dont want to open my collectors edition. im contributing to sales so whats the problem. people really like to sit on here and watch people and complain about them too much, im not affected your life so who cares if people like to collect, nothing wrong with that.

I bought this game looks fun enough, I don't really follow the One Piece Manga or anime and haven't for a long while. Hopefully it will give me a good introduction to get me to read the manga, but I just hope I have some fun out of it. I go in with no expectations of course though.

Well, it appears that the lower numbers were shipped out for pre-orders and higher numbers (to the same area!) are for the non-pre-order stock. This is based on the numbers I got, plus the gutted copy above 15128. Airblade, was yours pre-ordered?

Anyway, here's what I have: 2 copies from Columbus, Ohio... stores are about 8 miles apart.

1. I pre-ordered one and I called to make sure they gave me a sealed one: #847. Funny thing is, they told me that they only got 2 for their pre-orders... but they still gutted one!! And BTW, I pre-ordered very late (Feb. 6), so it seems that did not influence the number.

2. I decided I should keep an extra one sealed, so I called around and the other stores in the area only got 1 or 2 based on their pre-orders, except for one store that had no pre-orders so they sent them 2 games. (Not sure I get that logic.) Again, 1 sealed and 1 gutted! I got the sealed copy: #12669.

So, it seems like pre-orders were filled first then extra copies sent around. It doesn't appear that the #'s are based on geography.

EDIT: Ooops. I didn't see Prison Mike... pre-order with a high #. Either the store got an extra (meaning he got the high # extra and his low # pre-order was gutted), or my "theory" is wrong. In any event, #'s were definitely not dispursed geographically based on the 2 I got.

^---lol... I'll throw a bone at you though, socal area, I got #03421, the other copy the store had was within that range, I think it was 03469 or something along those lines. I didn't ask if I was pre-ordered or not, my only question was if they usually don't separate pre-orders since he grabbed one up from the display behind the desk.

Well, it appears that the lower numbers were shipped out for pre-orders and higher numbers (to the same area!) are for the non-pre-order stock. This is based on the numbers I got, plus the gutted copy above 15128. Airblade, was yours pre-ordered?

Anyway, here's what I have: 2 copies from Columbus, Ohio... stores are about 8 miles apart.

1. I pre-ordered one and I called to make sure they gave me a sealed one: #847. Funny thing is, they told me that they only got 2 for their pre-orders... but they still gutted one!! And BTW, I pre-ordered very late (Feb. 6), so it seems that did not influence the number.

2. I decided I should keep an extra one sealed, so I called around and the other stores in the area only got 1 or 2 based on their pre-orders, except for one store that had no pre-orders so they sent them 2 games. (Not sure I get that logic.) Again, 1 sealed and 1 gutted! I got the sealed copy: #12669.

So, it seems like pre-orders were filled first then extra copies sent around. It doesn't appear that the #'s are based on geography.

EDIT: Ooops. I didn't see Prison Mike... pre-order with a high #. Either the store got an extra (meaning he got the high # extra and his low # pre-order was gutted), or my "theory" is wrong. In any event, #'s were definitely not dispursed geographically based on the 2 I got.
To me that´s just makes me sick to my stomach to see gamestop gutting pre-orders. Those are games already payed for by the customer and they are earning interest on it. There is no excuse with display cases or anything for that.

I wish that class action lawsuit would do something against their shady practices. I would flip the fuck out If I pre-ordered the game well in advance to get a copy not sealed.

I would go and buy this but we snowed in down here in Georgia. The GameStop 5 miles away has one in stock, too. But of course they been closed cause of the storm.

bread's done
Back