OnLive Sale Thread-Mafia II $3.50, LOTR: WN Deal

jaydepps

CAG Newbie
I figured I would start an all-purpose thread for OnLive sales since they are very frequent. It can just be updated with the current sales.

PlayPack Subscribers receive an additional 30% off on all games.

To keep up to date with all the OnLive sales as well as information about contests follow @OnLive.

Current Sales:

• Duke Nukem Forever-$39.99 Now $19.99 PlayPack-$13.99
  • Gene Labs-$2.49 Now $1.99 PlayPack-$1.39
  • Homefront-$49.99 Now $29.99 PlayPack-$20.99
  • Patrician IV: Conquest by Trade-$29.99 Now $19.99 PlayPack-$13.99

$5 Friday Deals:
These deals are every Friday and last for 24 hours. They are $5 and $3.50 for PlayPack subscribers.

Current Deal: Mafia II

Prior Deals:

• 09/02/11: Metro 2033
  • 08/26/11: Borderlands: Game of the Year Edition
  • 08/19/11: Aliens vs. Predator
  • 08/12/11: Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X.2
  • 08/05/11: Darksiders
  • 07/29/11: Just Cause 2
  • 07/22/11: Batman: Arkham Asylum
  • 07/15/11: Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Conviction
  • 07/08/11: Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands
  • 06/24/11: MX vs. ATV Reflex
  • 06/17/11: Ghostbusters: The Video Game
  • 06/10/11: The Ball
  • 06/03/11: Red Faction: Guerrilla
  • 05/20/11: NBA 2K10
  • 05/13/11: Remington Super Slam: Hunting
  • 05/06/11: Dark Void
  • 04/22/11: Mafia II
  • 04/15/11: Batman: Arkham Asylum
  • 04/08/11: Unreal Tournament III
Pre-Order Deals:

• Batman: Arkham City-$49.99 PlayPack-$34.99 (Includes Free Coupon Code)
  • Lord of the Rings: War in the North-$49.99 PlayPack-$34.99 (Includes Free Coupon Code)
  • Saint's Row: The Third-$49.99 PlayPack-$34.99 (Includes Professor Genki's Hyper Ordinary Pre-Order Pack)
  • Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine-$49.99 PlayPack-$34.99
Free Game/Console Code Info:
OnLive will be offering a free game of your choice or MicroConsole with the pre-order of Lord of the Rings: War in the North. The pre-order price of the games is $49.99 or $34.99 for PlayPack subscribers.

• OnLive charges immediately for pre-orders.
  • The free game or free MicroConsole coupon code for Lord of the Rings: War in the North expires October 1, 2011.
  • The free game coupon code cannot be used for pre-orders.
  • If you choose the MicroConsole you must pay an additional $10 shipping and handling.
  • The console comes with 1 controller, 2 batteries, rechargeable battery pack, AC adapter, and an HDMI cable.

About OnLive:
OnLive is instant gaming. No need to download games or have expensive equipment. OnLive has an extensive library of "PlayPack" games which are playable for a monthly fee of $9.99. On top of this they offer PlayPasses in which you can rent a game for 3 or 5 days or you can buy a full PlayPass to have the game.

To play OnLive all you need to do is simply download the player is simply register a free account at Onlive.com and download the program which takes only a minute. The OnLive player is PC and Mac ready. For those who prefer console gaming, OnLive has a system available for purchase for $100 or pre-order certain games and use your free coupon to get one for only $10 shipping and handling. Once you have the console or player ready you can play free trials of any game you wish to test the service out. No commitment needed.

For more information about the service check out OnLive's information page.

F
ree MicroConsoles:
For those who attend either Pax Prime or Eurogamer: OnLive will be giving out Microconsoles to those who stop by their booth.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gamestop just hit a new low. SMFH

2r3atj6.jpg

Edit: Glad you posted it first jay. Isn't it bad (in a good way) that I'm slowly converting from console/pc gaming to cloud gaming? What's your OnLive tag?

Jaydepps is my OnLive Tag.

I'm sticking to PS3 and OnLive from here on out. I also don't intend on ordering anything from Gamestop ever again if we can get verification on this.

[quote name='jaydepps']Don't worry, they'll last for much longer than a year. They are releasing in Europe next month. We are expecting a built-in browser to be added soon. Check every Tuesday because the PlayPack gets new games.[/QUOTE]
So every Tuesday is new PlayPack stuff.

Every Friday is a $5 deal.

Any other days I should be checking for updates/deals or is it just kind of random?

Updates are random, today we received an update with parental controls, cross game voice chat, voice messages, and marketplace sorting.

Tuesday is PlayPack release date as well as PlayPass releases. Friday is $5 Friday as you mentioned. Other than that keep an eye on this thread for random sales. Usually around holidays such as Memorial Day, Christmas, Thanksgiving, Labor Day, and the Fourth of July, sales tend to occur. I will keep this thread up to date when new deals appear.

I just got my OnLive console the other day from the Red Faction guys. If anyone wants to add me on the console my tag is JollehRoger. I am also thinking about getting the playpack bundle, it looks like such a great deal.

[quote name='jaydepps']Did the Red Faction guys have a contest or something?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, they gave away five OnLive consoles and a copy of Red Faction Armageddon to go with it.

[quote name='jaydepps']Nice. Congrats on winning. Have you played Red Faction? How is it?[/QUOTE]

Pretty good game actually. It definitely does not deserve all the bad hype it was getting. I really like World of Goo though. I plugged in my wireless mouse and can play that on the OnLive console which I found pretty damn cool.

I am getting the Playpack later today (when I get around to it) so if anyone wants to play any games just PM me on here with your player tag and I will add you to my friends list on OnLive.

Yea, World of Goo is one of my favorite games. I'm glad these Humble Bundles have been including OnLive keys for the most part.

[quote name='Dazed iLLusion']Speaking of Onlive keys from Humble Bundle here's a braid code to whoever wants it ;)

Braid checkout code: FTAMZKCJ
[/QUOTE]

Thank buddy. Just claimed it then remembered I had ordered the Humble Bundle therefore below is my OnLive code for Braid. Enjoy someone!

DXAEVKDZ

[quote name='musicjunkie']Thank buddy. Just claimed it then remembered I had ordered the Humble Bundle therefore below is my OnLive code for Braid. Enjoy someone!

DXAEVKDZ
[/QUOTE]

No problem man enjoy and thanks for contributing your own Braid code after remembering.

There's another thread about this already but it doesn't hurt to post it here too. Onlive Twitter recently posted:
"Everyone who visits our booth and tells us their PlayerTag gets a FREE OnLive Game System! Be ready! Sign up now http://www.onlive.com/pax #PAX"

That's pretty amazing that they will simply give out a Onlive Game System just by telling them your PlayerTag. If anyone that's going to PAX and is feeling extremely generous can you mention my Onlive Tag too ;)

[quote name='musicjunkie']Thank buddy. Just claimed it then remembered I had ordered the Humble Bundle therefore below is my OnLive code for Braid. Enjoy someone!

DXAEVKDZ
[/QUOTE]

Thanks, used the code. OnLive is seriously so awesome! I never knew they offered such great deals and the PlayPack is worth every penny.

I hope they do this at PAX East next year. I will likely go. I know they are giving out 10,000 at Eurogamer when they unveil their European server to my understanding.

Borderlands Game of the Year will be $5 or $3.50 for PlayPack owners today only until midnight EST.

[quote name='jaydepps']Borderlands will be $5 or $3.50 for PlayPack owners today only until midnight EST.[/QUOTE]

wow, it's also the Game of the Year Edition too. $3.50 for the Game + 4 add-ons man Onlive keeps on getting better and better. :D

Yea I picked up this and pre-ordered Arkham City and I intend on using my free coupon code to get Deus Ex: Human Revolution for free.

Ok I'm new to this whole OnLive world, I just started today, played a few trials, and I'm blown away.

So I just want to get the pricing straight for Wahammer 40K: Space Marine:

OnLive has Space Marine for $49.99 with a free copy of Darksiders AND the free console adapter/controller.

IF you sign up for the $10 playback bundle, you can get Space Marine for $34.99, along with the free stuff.

So in reality, you're paying $45.99 for Space Marine, Darksiders, the free console adapter and controller, AND a month of Playpack games (80 some games, right?)?

Sounds crazy....

[quote name='IronSerif']Ok I'm new to this whole OnLive world, I just started today, played a few trials, and I'm blown away.

So I just want to get the pricing straight for Wahammer 40K: Space Marine:

OnLive has Space Marine for $49.99 with a free copy of Darksiders AND the free console adapter/controller.

IF you sign up for the $10 playback bundle, you can get Space Marine for $34.99, along with the free stuff.

So in reality, you're paying $45.99 for Space Marine, Darksiders, the free console adapter and controller, AND a month of Playpack games (80 some games, right?)?

Sounds crazy....[/QUOTE]

My math shows 44.98 but yes, that is correct. Also, if you want some OnLive friends post your player tag :)

[quote name='jaydepps']To my understanding the deal for the free MicroConsole has expired. I am not 100% certain on this, but it appears to be so judging from this article.

http://www.joystickdivision.com/2011/05/pre-order_warhammer_40k_space.php[/QUOTE]

Naa I think it's still live:

http://www.spacemarine.com/buy

Plus when I logged into my OnLive account it was showing as an offer..but, I guess I better make my mind up before it expires lol!

OnLive Gamertag is IronSerif if anyone wants to add me.

Just started OnLive today..and I'm really liking the idea of playing these games (especially Spare Marine) anywhere that has an Internet Connection...

I guess you are right. Thanks for pointing that out. Not sure where the article got their information from.

[quote name='jaydepps']I guess you are right. Thanks for pointing that out. Not sure where the article got their information from.[/QUOTE]

Actually... Thedeal is gone now! We I swear it was there all day on Friday. Man, now I'm really bummed out. I guess that's what I get for thinking about it for too long!

I am seriously thinking about getting Batman. I just found out about the Humble Bundle Onlive keys! The Humble Bundle really knows how to do things right. Steam and Onlive! Yeah baby! My tag is eliter1 on Onlive if anyone wants to friend me.

[quote name='jaydepps']My tag is Jaydepps, feel free to add me. I believe the only active pre-order deal is Batman now.[/QUOTE]

I will call OnLive right now and ask if the Warhammer deal is still active.

Edit - Confirmed: It has ended. The only deal that seems to be active still is the Batman Arkham City one and it says that deal expires 9/14/2011.

[quote name='GenPirate']I will call OnLive right now and ask if the Warhammer deal is still active.

Edit - Confirmed: It has ended. The only deal that seems to be active still is the Batman Arkham City one and it says that deal expires 9/14/2011.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for checking. This might be a good reason for m to really jump in the Onlive world. I was gonna get batman evetually, so I may end up just getting batman, the free console, and warhammer all for onlive lol.

[quote name='IronSerif']Thanks for checking. This might be a good reason for m to really jump in the Onlive world. I was gonna get batman evetually, so I may end up just getting batman, the free console, and warhammer all for onlive lol.[/QUOTE]

I am getting Batman as well through OnLive in a couple of days when I can pay down my credit card balance a little bit (I want to but don't want to risk a bank error due to Hurricane Irene and I can't have high utilization when that card reports lol). With Batman you get a free game with it and so for 44.98 you can't beat getting a game console + two games. I wonder what game I am going to get as my free one...

[quote name='GenPirate']I am getting Batman as well through OnLive in a couple of days when I can pay down my credit card balance a little bit (I want to but don't want to risk a bank error due to Hurricane Irene and I can't have high utilization when that card reports lol). With Batman you get a free game with it and so for 44.98 you can't beat getting a game console + two games. I wonder what game I am going to get as my free one...[/QUOTE]

Wait, so with Batan pre orders you get the free console and a free game? I can't check out the site now we are shopping bfore the huricane hits lol. The kids want new shoes :p

edit: ok I just checked the onlive website on my tablet and it looks like. U geteither the free console or a free game. Since the console adapter isn't a must hve the best bet for me may be to get space marine for ree and wait for another fre console adapter deal later down the road. Ill just hook up my 360 controller to my laptops or pcs!

[quote name='IronSerif']Wait, so with Batan pre orders you get the free console and a free game? I can't check out the site now we are shopping bfore the huricane hits lol. The kids want new shoes :p[/QUOTE]

It might be one or the other. I cannot really check either, doing last minute shopping and prep before the Hurricane.

[quote name='jaydepps']Yea it is one or the other for Batman.[/QUOTE]

Hm, so you could get Batman, Space Marine, and a month of Playpack for about $45...this sounds like a heck of a deal.

[quote name='IronSerif']Hm, so you could get Batman, Space Marine, and a month of Playpack for about $45...this sounds like a heck of a deal.[/QUOTE]

Technically its $55 because although you get the microconsole for free its $10 for S&H (still a steal don't get me wrong) but yeah for $55 you're getting a game which normally goes for $50, access to about 80+ games, pretty decent discount on a lot of games for 1 month and the microconsole.

Also my tag is musicjunkie. Played for about an hour today and my god. I literally thought I was playing my 360 aside from the little sort of 'pop in' that happens when i'm assuming my connection craps out for a second.

Are you guys sure you have to pay shipping for the console? I remember when I got mine with Homefront and Metro they said they were going to charge shipping but it ended up being free when I went through the process.

[quote name='musicjunkie']Technically its $55 because although you get the microconsole for free its $10 for S&H (still a steal don't get me wrong) but yeah for $55 you're getting a game which normally goes for $50, access to about 80+ games, pretty decent discount on a lot of games for 1 month and the microconsole.

Also my tag is musicjunkie. Played for about an hour today and my god. I literally thought I was playing my 360 aside from the little sort of 'pop in' that happens when i'm assuming my connection craps out for a second.[/QUOTE]

I just added ya :)

And yes, I completely agree - I thought I was playing a console game during all of the demo's I played, I'm still amazed.

As much as I want the Micro Console, I really want to get Space Marine! You really get a lot for $45..I hope a lot of people jump on this deal or at least give OnLive a shot..they'll be blown away just like I was if they give it the chance!

[quote name='IronSerif']
As much as I want the Micro Console, I really want to get Space Marine! You really get a lot for $45..I hope a lot of people jump on this deal or at least give OnLive a shot..they'll be blown away just like I was if they give it the chance![/QUOTE]

The microconsole is totally worth it (over a game). I think the resolution is higher through the MC than from my computer (connected to same HDTV). Of course, this also demands more bandwidth as I see more graphical hiccups through the MC than my computer.

[quote name='paean']The microconsole is totally worth it (over a game). I think the resolution is higher through the MC than from my computer (connected to same HDTV). Of course, this also demands more bandwidth as I see more graphical hiccups through the MC than my computer.[/QUOTE]

Cool, thanks for the info. I really want to get Space marine though, and I think the most affordable way would be to get it as the free game with Batman! From there, I can just hope for another free MC deal with a pre-order (not sure what else I'd want though after these two games?).

But other than a couple of graphical hiccups, you've had no problems playing through the MC? Does the MC connect via wifi, or do you need an Ethernet connection for it? Or can you do either?

Thanks!

[quote name='IronSerif']Cool, thanks for the info. I really want to get Space marine though, and I think the most affordable way would be to get it as the free game with Batman! From there, I can just hope for another free MC deal with a pre-order (not sure what else I'd want though after these two games?).

But other than a couple of graphical hiccups, you've had no problems playing through the MC? Does the MC connect via wifi, or do you need an Ethernet connection for it? Or can you do either?

Thanks![/QUOTE]

Out of the box it connects via an Ethernet cable but there is a way to play using WiFi. So the answer to your questing is either but they do make it much easier to play using the Ethernet cable rather than WiFi.

I just pre-ordered Batman Arkham City and the promo code expires the day after the sale ends (September 15th, 2011) so keep that in mind if you decide to pre-order. I cannot decide what to get with my code though :( I wanted the Augmented Edition of Deus Ex but the code does not work with that version.

Edit: I ended up getting Deus Ex regular edition.

[quote name='jaydepps']For those that are interested, here are some of the games we have been able to confirm are coming to OnLive. I'd expect many of these to have free MC pre-order deals. They have them fairly often.

http://onlivefans.com/showthread.php?9692-List-of-Games-we-are-Expecting-to-See-on-OnLive

The list is missing Deep Black which we have pretty much confirmed and there are strong rumors that Battlefield 3 and Modern Warfare 3 may be distributed through OnLive.[/QUOTE]

:applause:

If that comes to fruition and either one, or both, of those games is released on Onlive...wow. That would be huge!

Anyone know what the $5 deal will be this week?

[quote name='Pck21']:applause:

If that comes to fruition and either one, or both, of those games is released on Onlive...wow. That would be huge!

Anyone know what the $5 deal will be this week?[/QUOTE]

Not sure...checking out the onlive fan forums now. I'd also be interested in seeing if they have any Labor Day sales planned :)

bread's done
Back