OnLive Sale Thread-Mafia II $3.50, LOTR: WN Deal

jaydepps

CAG Newbie
I figured I would start an all-purpose thread for OnLive sales since they are very frequent. It can just be updated with the current sales.

PlayPack Subscribers receive an additional 30% off on all games.

To keep up to date with all the OnLive sales as well as information about contests follow @OnLive.

Current Sales:

• Duke Nukem Forever-$39.99 Now $19.99 PlayPack-$13.99
  • Gene Labs-$2.49 Now $1.99 PlayPack-$1.39
  • Homefront-$49.99 Now $29.99 PlayPack-$20.99
  • Patrician IV: Conquest by Trade-$29.99 Now $19.99 PlayPack-$13.99

$5 Friday Deals:
These deals are every Friday and last for 24 hours. They are $5 and $3.50 for PlayPack subscribers.

Current Deal: Mafia II

Prior Deals:

• 09/02/11: Metro 2033
  • 08/26/11: Borderlands: Game of the Year Edition
  • 08/19/11: Aliens vs. Predator
  • 08/12/11: Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X.2
  • 08/05/11: Darksiders
  • 07/29/11: Just Cause 2
  • 07/22/11: Batman: Arkham Asylum
  • 07/15/11: Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Conviction
  • 07/08/11: Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands
  • 06/24/11: MX vs. ATV Reflex
  • 06/17/11: Ghostbusters: The Video Game
  • 06/10/11: The Ball
  • 06/03/11: Red Faction: Guerrilla
  • 05/20/11: NBA 2K10
  • 05/13/11: Remington Super Slam: Hunting
  • 05/06/11: Dark Void
  • 04/22/11: Mafia II
  • 04/15/11: Batman: Arkham Asylum
  • 04/08/11: Unreal Tournament III
Pre-Order Deals:

• Batman: Arkham City-$49.99 PlayPack-$34.99 (Includes Free Coupon Code)
  • Lord of the Rings: War in the North-$49.99 PlayPack-$34.99 (Includes Free Coupon Code)
  • Saint's Row: The Third-$49.99 PlayPack-$34.99 (Includes Professor Genki's Hyper Ordinary Pre-Order Pack)
  • Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine-$49.99 PlayPack-$34.99
Free Game/Console Code Info:
OnLive will be offering a free game of your choice or MicroConsole with the pre-order of Lord of the Rings: War in the North. The pre-order price of the games is $49.99 or $34.99 for PlayPack subscribers.

• OnLive charges immediately for pre-orders.
  • The free game or free MicroConsole coupon code for Lord of the Rings: War in the North expires October 1, 2011.
  • The free game coupon code cannot be used for pre-orders.
  • If you choose the MicroConsole you must pay an additional $10 shipping and handling.
  • The console comes with 1 controller, 2 batteries, rechargeable battery pack, AC adapter, and an HDMI cable.

About OnLive:
OnLive is instant gaming. No need to download games or have expensive equipment. OnLive has an extensive library of "PlayPack" games which are playable for a monthly fee of $9.99. On top of this they offer PlayPasses in which you can rent a game for 3 or 5 days or you can buy a full PlayPass to have the game.

To play OnLive all you need to do is simply download the player is simply register a free account at Onlive.com and download the program which takes only a minute. The OnLive player is PC and Mac ready. For those who prefer console gaming, OnLive has a system available for purchase for $100 or pre-order certain games and use your free coupon to get one for only $10 shipping and handling. Once you have the console or player ready you can play free trials of any game you wish to test the service out. No commitment needed.

For more information about the service check out OnLive's information page.

F
ree MicroConsoles:
For those who attend either Pax Prime or Eurogamer: OnLive will be giving out Microconsoles to those who stop by their booth.

Last edited by a moderator:
Purchased Batman AA!! I'm sure my little cousin will enjoy it. He was playing the demo yesterday lol
I'm sure I'll continue to purchase cheap games ($5) in the future but this was a great entry to the OnLive scene. Way to go OnLive

[quote name='FromChaos']Are you guys buying AA right now? It keeps saying the code is invalid.[/QUOTE]

Gotta input a CC first. Go to onlive.com, sign in, then go to billing and enter a CC.

I'm hoping for Mafia II as well. Really having a blast with Onlive. I'm planning on pre-ordering LotR: War in the North after Batman: Arkham City comes out so that I can pick up both of them for cheap.

I'm gonna buy LotR and use the free game on Space Marine. Sucks that OnLive hasn't turned on the multiplayer. I think they're gonna put on the multiplayer on the Playpack like Homefront and FEAR 3.

[quote name='nattybohman']I'm hoping for Mafia II as well. Really having a blast with Onlive. I'm planning on pre-ordering LotR: War in the North after Batman: Arkham City comes out so that I can pick up both of them for cheap.[/QUOTE]

I am having a blast with OnLive as well. I have spent way more money than I originally intended to but it's going to a good cause (damn you labor day sale). The deals on the service are unbeatable! I am thinking about getting LotR and using the free game to get Space Marine. I just hope I don't regret doing that as I have no experience with the LotR gaming franchise.

[quote name='GenPirate']I am having a blast with OnLive as well. I have spent way more money than I originally intended to but it's going to a good cause (damn you labor day sale). The deals on the service are unbeatable! I am thinking about getting LotR and using the free game to get Space Marine. I just hope I don't regret doing that as I have no experience with the LotR gaming franchise.[/QUOTE]

I'm with ya, I've never played a LoTR game but have been really thinking about getting it through OnLive...

And Metro 2033 is $5 today and $3.50 for PlayPack subscribers...which I had no intentions of buying before today, but for $3.50...how can I pass it up? lol

When did Batman disappear? I was pretty excited to give OnLive a shot, just waiting for a good, cheap and single player game to try it.

Does anyone else have Lara Croft and The Guardian of Light? I bought it when it was $3, just finished it and I thought it was phenomenal.

I'd like co-op with someone, but I can't find anyone :(

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Sir Daniel Fortesque']Does anyone else have Lara Croft and The Guardian of Light? I bought it when it was $3, just finished it and I though it was phenomenal.

I'd like co-op with someone, but I can't find anyone :([/QUOTE]

Hey man I got it, but haven't played it yet cause I've been all over Space Marine.

Feel free to add me though and we can play sometime! - IronSerif

I just wanted to pop in and say how much I love this service! I've been obsessed with Deus Ex and it plays beautifully on Onlive. No lag, amazing graphics, smooth game play, the works. Please add me! All Friends Requests will be accepted!

Screen name: Hand2Gland

Sorry I haven't updated the thread, I had a temp job this weekend and had to work about 50 hours over 4 days.

I wish I would have picked up Just Cause 2, I like the idea of being able to play the games anywhere, and also really looking forward to the iPad app.

[quote name='vlv723']I have a good feeling that Dead Island might be live this Tuesday. Until then, I'll play it on my PS3.[/QUOTE]

I think I heard that it will not be out until October 11, but if it DOES come out then I will pre-order War in the North and use it to get Dead island as my free game.

I loved Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance, and Champions of Norath 1&2, and I even like that Justice League Heroes game they did. I expect great things based on those games. Snowblind is generally good at what they do.

But I really don't see any other games I want for free on the service right now so without something I want for "free" I have no real incentive to pre-order it. ( Not that $35 with the playpack discount is a lot of money compared to other options.) Still, without any incentive to pre-order it's better to spend my money on something else like Rage, Gears of War 3, or maybe even Resistance 3, or something like that and get War in the North later on during the slow period following next march.

[quote name='justinstyles']$5 Friday: Mafia 2 @ $5.00 ($3.50 for PlayPack subscribers), updated via their Twitter feed.

Best regards.[/QUOTE]

Bought. Awesome!

[quote name='GenPirate']Damn! I forgot to buy Mafia II. When do they take down the deals? They should leave them up all week.[/QUOTE]

First post:
These deals are every Friday and last for 24 hours.

Had some issues getting my freebie PAX console to work in Texas, but it was ultimately my fault. Slightly more lag/fuzziness here than in Seattle (which has an excellent network), but still very playable. Just watching others play games in the Arena is fun.

[quote name='GenPirate']Damn! I forgot to buy Mafia II. When do they take down the deals? They should leave them up all week.[/QUOTE]

The Friday deals are only good on Friday.

FYI for everyone, just talked with Customer Support. They are currently having issues with the 30% off if you are a PlayPack Subscriber. They told me to hold off on purchases until they get it fixed.

Onlive's Facebook post:
Today OnLive PlayPack Bundle surpassed 100 games adding Batman: Arkham Asylum! In celebration, we’re showering resourceful OnLive fans with HUGE promo codes now-Friday. The first code is for 50% OFF ANY PLAYPASS PURCHASE (excluding pre-orders)! So, what’s the code? It’s the name of the PLAYPACK game with the highest Metascore. CODE EXPIRES AT MIDNIGHT (PT), SO GO FOR IT! Happy hunting … and let us know what game you’re getting in comments!

...and the code is BIOSHOCK. 50% off any full playpass (no pre-orders).

Enjoy

[quote name='HairyTrucker']Onlive's Facebook post:
Today OnLive PlayPack Bundle surpassed 100 games adding Batman: Arkham Asylum! In celebration, we’re showering resourceful OnLive fans with HUGE promo codes now-Friday. The first code is for 50% OFF ANY PLAYPASS PURCHASE (excluding pre-orders)! So, what’s the code? It’s the name of the PLAYPACK game with the highest Metascore. CODE EXPIRES AT MIDNIGHT (PT), SO GO FOR IT! Happy hunting … and let us know what game you’re getting in comments!

...and the code is BIOSHOCK. 50% off any full playpass (no pre-orders).

Enjoy[/QUOTE]

I was going to get Homefront with it but I am too broke :(

[quote name='GenPirate']I was going to get Homefront with it but I am too broke :([/QUOTE]

I feel your pain. No game I want is under $30 right now. Even with the coupon, that's too much money for me to spend on games right now.

Today's message from facebook. Sorry, not on an onlive computer to figure out the code:

Did you get in on the 50% OFF code? No worries if you didn’t because today’s code is for 75% OFF ANY PLAYPASS PURCHASE (excluding pre-orders)! When looking at the OnLive main menu, you can see gameplay action in the surrounding boxes. Look above “Profile.” What’s the LAST NAME of the character featured in the scene? That’s your code. USE IT BEFORE 3PM PT. Then check back here for more. Share this post like crazy! People need to get on this now for 75% off!

[quote name='revsmitty']Today's message from facebook. Sorry, not on an onlive computer to figure out the code:

Did you get in on the 50% OFF code? No worries if you didn’t because today’s code is for 75% OFF ANY PLAYPASS PURCHASE (excluding pre-orders)! When looking at the OnLive main menu, you can see gameplay action in the surrounding boxes. Look above “Profile.” What’s the LAST NAME of the character featured in the scene? That’s your code. USE IT BEFORE 3PM PT. Then check back here for more. Share this post like crazy! People need to get on this now for 75% off![/QUOTE]

Before 3PM PST. Thank god I get home at a little after 5:30PM EST (~2:30PM PST), should have time to use this on Space Marine. Thanks!!

Since I can't check Onlive now, can anyone place the code here?

[quote name='nightmare452']Before 3PM PST. Thank god I get home at a little after 5:30PM EST (~2:30PM PST), should have time to use this on Space Marine. Thanks!!

Since I can't check Onlive now, can anyone place the code here?[/QUOTE]

Yep the game is Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light, so the password is Croft

Might picking up Dawn of War II Chaos Rising!

Edit -

Dawn of War II Chaos Rising is only $3 and Divinity II is $7.

I think I'll pick up Chaos Rising. Still on the fence for Divinity II, but $7....wow...

[quote name='Punisher138']damn, is there no way to purchase through a web browser? im at work till 6pm est and cant install the app on my work machine...[/QUOTE]

Sorry brotha, doesn't look like it. I tried myself and couldn't find a way..had to go through the onlive client!

[quote name='dacool561']With my PlayPack 30% and 75% croft code, picked up Space Marine for $8.75![/QUOTE]

Great deal! With all the deals OnLive is always having the PlayPack really pays for itself.

bread's done
Back