OnLive Sale Thread-Mafia II $3.50, LOTR: WN Deal

jaydepps

CAG Newbie
I figured I would start an all-purpose thread for OnLive sales since they are very frequent. It can just be updated with the current sales.

PlayPack Subscribers receive an additional 30% off on all games.

To keep up to date with all the OnLive sales as well as information about contests follow @OnLive.

Current Sales:

• Duke Nukem Forever-$39.99 Now $19.99 PlayPack-$13.99
  • Gene Labs-$2.49 Now $1.99 PlayPack-$1.39
  • Homefront-$49.99 Now $29.99 PlayPack-$20.99
  • Patrician IV: Conquest by Trade-$29.99 Now $19.99 PlayPack-$13.99

$5 Friday Deals:
These deals are every Friday and last for 24 hours. They are $5 and $3.50 for PlayPack subscribers.

Current Deal: Mafia II

Prior Deals:

• 09/02/11: Metro 2033
  • 08/26/11: Borderlands: Game of the Year Edition
  • 08/19/11: Aliens vs. Predator
  • 08/12/11: Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X.2
  • 08/05/11: Darksiders
  • 07/29/11: Just Cause 2
  • 07/22/11: Batman: Arkham Asylum
  • 07/15/11: Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Conviction
  • 07/08/11: Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands
  • 06/24/11: MX vs. ATV Reflex
  • 06/17/11: Ghostbusters: The Video Game
  • 06/10/11: The Ball
  • 06/03/11: Red Faction: Guerrilla
  • 05/20/11: NBA 2K10
  • 05/13/11: Remington Super Slam: Hunting
  • 05/06/11: Dark Void
  • 04/22/11: Mafia II
  • 04/15/11: Batman: Arkham Asylum
  • 04/08/11: Unreal Tournament III
Pre-Order Deals:

• Batman: Arkham City-$49.99 PlayPack-$34.99 (Includes Free Coupon Code)
  • Lord of the Rings: War in the North-$49.99 PlayPack-$34.99 (Includes Free Coupon Code)
  • Saint's Row: The Third-$49.99 PlayPack-$34.99 (Includes Professor Genki's Hyper Ordinary Pre-Order Pack)
  • Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine-$49.99 PlayPack-$34.99
Free Game/Console Code Info:
OnLive will be offering a free game of your choice or MicroConsole with the pre-order of Lord of the Rings: War in the North. The pre-order price of the games is $49.99 or $34.99 for PlayPack subscribers.

• OnLive charges immediately for pre-orders.
  • The free game or free MicroConsole coupon code for Lord of the Rings: War in the North expires October 1, 2011.
  • The free game coupon code cannot be used for pre-orders.
  • If you choose the MicroConsole you must pay an additional $10 shipping and handling.
  • The console comes with 1 controller, 2 batteries, rechargeable battery pack, AC adapter, and an HDMI cable.

About OnLive:
OnLive is instant gaming. No need to download games or have expensive equipment. OnLive has an extensive library of "PlayPack" games which are playable for a monthly fee of $9.99. On top of this they offer PlayPasses in which you can rent a game for 3 or 5 days or you can buy a full PlayPass to have the game.

To play OnLive all you need to do is simply download the player is simply register a free account at Onlive.com and download the program which takes only a minute. The OnLive player is PC and Mac ready. For those who prefer console gaming, OnLive has a system available for purchase for $100 or pre-order certain games and use your free coupon to get one for only $10 shipping and handling. Once you have the console or player ready you can play free trials of any game you wish to test the service out. No commitment needed.

For more information about the service check out OnLive's information page.

F
ree MicroConsoles:
For those who attend either Pax Prime or Eurogamer: OnLive will be giving out Microconsoles to those who stop by their booth.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='GenPirate']I wanted the Augmented Edition of Deus Ex but the code does not work with that version.

Edit: I ended up getting Deus Ex regular edition.[/QUOTE]

Yeah same thing happened to me. I was pretty bummed that the code didn't work on the Augmented Edition forcing me to get the regular edition, either way the game doesn't disappoint.

[quote name='Pck21']:applause:

If that comes to fruition and either one, or both, of those games is released on Onlive...wow. That would be huge!

Anyone know what the $5 deal will be this week?[/QUOTE]

There's probably going to be a Labor Day sale this friday, they had one for 4th of July so lets hope Onlive doesn't disappoint this weekend.
Also the Pre-order for LOTR:War in the North is now available! + Includes a Free Coupon Code
Link

Hope they have a nice sale this weekend because I am cancelling my playpack subscription Saturday night. Would like to get a couple good deals before I do that.

Almost every game has a 1 hour demo you can play free. Only games I know that do not have demos are Deus Ex: Human Revolution and Borderlands: Game of the Year Edition. Just go to Onlive.com and make a free account. After that the "Onlive Launcher" take 2-3 minutes to download/install. After that unlimited demos instantly.

[quote name='iRandom']New to OnLive. Are there any free games I can get. I'd like to try the service out[/QUOTE]

All games have a 30 minute demo I believe. So pick any game u want and play it on your PC or onlive console (if u have one). System works great for me. Use a wired connection though, doesnt work well with wifi for me.

Edit: might be 1 hour demo as stated above, dont know the exact time, but you can try games free for a limited time.

yeah I have a 3MB/s connection so its asking me to use a wired connection for best feedback. I'm asking because I'd like to get my little cousins into it. I mean if I can get a micro console great then they can play on their TV, if not then they'll just have to play it on their loptopn but I think they'll enjoy it since like you guys have stated, there's a free trials of most of the games and the $5 Friday deals are really aching to be harassed. I'll definitely be getting Batman AA for $1 and probably Borderlands for $5.
I just asked because I think there was a free RPG game a while back or something...

Nothing free yet, but they intend on adding "free social games" to my understanding. As for the MicroConsole. The thing is awesome, but I would only get it with a free code making it only $10 for shipping instead of $110 for it all. You may want to wait until September 22nd though. There is a rumor they are releasing the Universal Controller as part of the UK release. To my understanding this controller will work with you Droid, iPad, PC, Console, and Mac. I am not 100% sure on this, but I am almost positive.

[quote name='Sir Daniel Fortesque']Noob question: if there's a computer that's connected to the Internet while I use OnLive, will that have a negative effect on the game?[/QUOTE]

That depends on how much bandwith the other computer is using . If its downloading and using alot of your bandwith then of course it will affect it

Great sales on onlive , hope they keep them up! Next big sale black friday i expect , other than the $5 fridays.

Got my free system from PAX. I've signed up for the monthly plan, and will probably get Braid and Borderlands GOTY as well as pre-order Batman.

[quote name='spydey']The onlive multiplayer is it only onlive people like Xbox or is it with all PC players?[/QUOTE]

I believe it's only with OnLive players.

Not sure what the OnLive community looks like when it comes to multiplayer games. For big multiplayer releases I will probably choose the console version over the OnLive version.

I plan to use OnLive mainly for single player games and light multiplayer usage.

[quote name='IronSerif']I believe it's only with OnLive players.

Not sure what the OnLive community looks like when it comes to multiplayer games. For big multiplayer releases I will probably choose the console version over the OnLive version.

I plan to use OnLive mainly for single player games and light multiplayer usage.[/QUOTE]

I am with Serif on this one. For big releases your best bet is to get it for the 360 since the community is still not that big. But if it's big enough that I am sure people will be playing on OnLive as well so it depends on what you like more. OnLive seems to have a larger adult to child ratio than Xbox 360.

So people are paying monthly and then buying games they don't really own so they can play a very limited selection of PC games that look like YouTube videos? Are consoles still too expensive or is this appealing to people on the road with laptops? I've tried the service, but I fail to understand the appeal.

They should drop the monthly charge and have 1 week rentals for like $4.

[quote name='Todd33']So people are paying monthly and then buying games they don't really own so they can play a very limited selection of PC games that look like YouTube videos? Are consoles still too expensive or is this appealing to people on the road with laptops? I've tried the service, but I fail to understand the appeal.

They should drop the monthly charge and have 1 week rentals for like $4.[/QUOTE]

The graphics are better than people give credit for. People use services like D2D, OnLive, Steam because you get games a hell of a lot cheaper than anywhere else. Try finding Lord of the Rings: War in the North, Batman: Arkham City, Batman: Arkham Asylum, Dead Island, and Warhammer 40k: Space Marine for $81 anywhere else.

[quote name='Todd33']So people are paying monthly and then buying games they don't really own so they can play a very limited selection of PC games that look like YouTube videos? Are consoles still too expensive or is this appealing to people on the road with laptops? I've tried the service, but I fail to understand the appeal.

They should drop the monthly charge and have 1 week rentals for like $4.[/QUOTE]

I've yet to play a game that looks like a youtube video. The quality so far has been amazing, either that or I don't watch that many you tube videos lol.

I had my wife play Dirt 3 and Borderlands trials and she thought the graphics were pretty solid.

I paid the monthly fee so I can get Batman for $34.99, with a free Space Marine game, 30% off the already discounted games for the labor day sale, and the ability to play some of the other games offered through the playpack service.

Will I continue to pay $9.99 a month? Probably not, but it's definitely worth it to try :)

I travel a lot and work remotely, so the fact that I can play these games with any laptop or PC wherever I go (with an internet connection) and not have to worry about meeting the min requirements is amazing to me. No downloads/installations is a plus too.

They already have game rentals and unless you are using AOL or Earthlink the graphics are pretty damn amazing for a stream. Sure my Xbox 360 has better graphics but people don't seem to give OnLive the credit it deserves on its graphics.

[quote name='GenPirate']They already have game rentals and unless you are using AOL or Earthlink the graphics are pretty damn amazing for a stream. Sure my Xbox 360 has better graphics but people don't seem to give OnLive the credit it deserves on its graphics.[/QUOTE]

Well the thing is, many who criticize the graphics have never played OnLive or if they did was in the earlier days around release. A lot of these people base their opinions on Youtube clips they have seen or just go off the general uneducated opinion about OnLive.

Not sure if this has been mentioned or not, but I just noticed Divinity II is up for sale for $13 and some change. Free trial too!

[quote name='jaydepps']They just added Divinity II The Dragon Knight Saga to the sale. This includes all the DLC as well.[/QUOTE]

Oh my....wallet starting to cry.

"Divinity II: The Dragon Knight Saga will include a remastered version of Divinity II - Ego Draconis, featuring new content and an improved engine, as well as the new Flames of Vengeance Add-On, which will also be available separately."

Yup, my wallet is crying as well. At least the games are cheap, right?

I'm still debating about getting it because I really want it, but I have too many games to play at the moment. Not sure I'd get around to it before it went to $5 Friday.

[quote name='jaydepps']I'm still debating about getting it because I really want it, but I have too many games to play at the moment. Not sure I'd get around to it before it went to $5 Friday.[/QUOTE]

Yep I'm in the same boat man. I want it, but I doubt I'll get around to it anytime soon. And by the time I get around to it they may have a better deal!

The $10 monthly charge is to play the 80+ games in the Playpack and to get a 30% discount on future purchases while subscribed tot he playpack.

It's NOT a monthly fee for access. You can buy a cheap game for $5 on a $5 Friday deal or other sale and play that without any sort of monthly fee. You can pay for games on a single fee basis and they will be available to you as long as they are on the system.

In fact they have a labor day weekend sale going on right now with quite a few cheap games in it.

Aaaaaa! $2.50
Alines Vs. Predator $5
Alpha Protocol $5
Assassins Creed Brotherhood $16
Assassins Creed II $9.99
The Ball $5
Borderlands $5
Braid $2.50
Dark Void $4.99
Defense Grid Gold $3.50
Doc Clock and the Toasted Sandwich of Time $2.50
Fishdom 2 $9.99
Gene Labs $1.24
Ghostbusters the Video game $4.99
HomeFront $29.99
Just Cause 2 $5
Kayne and Lynch 2: Dog days $5
Laura Croft and the Guardian of Light $3.75
Luxor 2 $2.50
Major League Baseball 2K10 $5
The Maw $2.50
MX vs. ATV Reflex $8
NBA 2K10 $5
Osmos $2.50
Prince of Persia: the Forgotten Sands $5
Puzzle Chronicles $2.50
Remington Super SLam Hunting :Africa $5
Royal Envoy $9.99
SAW $5
Shatter $2.25
Shaun White Skateboarding $5
Silent Hunter 5: Battle of the Atlantic $7.50
Tom Clancy's Hawx 2 $9.99
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Conviction $9.99
Trine $5
Virtua Tennis 2009 $2.50
World of Goo $2.50

If they reach 45,000 likes on their Facebook page during the labor day weekend then they will release a discount promo code that puts Batman: Arkham Asylum on sale for $.99. Last time I checked they were about 412 likes away. So that's a purchase of a petty decent Batman game for a buck. Or they have a free trial on their games that lets you play for limited period of time. You can download the app for free.

And the 'youtube video quality' comment is not what I've experienced at all. It is a little washed out and blurry every now and then but only a little. It is still a colorful image and is slightly blurred. It is noticeable but not horrible.

I have a 10 Mb/s connection and am using it primarily on my ethernet-wired PC in Austin.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yea I have it for the PS3, but for a buck I can rebuy it and to my understanding it is Game of the Year edition. Nice buy for $.99 or $.69 for us PlayPack subscribers.

Yup! And every additional like they get past 45,000 by midnight 9-6-11 they will donate $1 to the child's play charity.

[quote name='Ultragamer']Anyone able to get the code to work? Just tried and it came up invalid.[/QUOTE]

It worked for me. Do you have a credit card in the system for billing?

[quote name='palaeomerus']It worked for me. Do you have a credit card in the system for billing?[/QUOTE]

I do not, I shall try that.

Hmm, I might actually go ahead and buy Batman. I got my console for free at PAX and have only registered the games that I got from the Humble bundles. Not a huge fan of the service, but I'll buy awesome games at this price :p

Code is live "99CENTS", but for each additional "Like" until Monday, Onlive will donate $1 to Child's Play.

Is it just me or did Onlive crash tonight? I bought 2 games tonight and then when I tried to buy a 3rd, it told me my credit card was not valid. I logged in online and checked and my card is valid, I even re-entered the details. It just seems really odd. I contacted their support and I'm waiting to hear back. I was thinking this labor day sale hit them so hard it knocked out their billing servers.

I bought the Divinity 2 Ego Draconics-remaster thing. $14.92 I think. Not too bad. I never really played the older version that I got for $10 on console, and it seems like something that would be better on a PC anyway. I also got Alpha Protocol which I had for 360 but also never played much of.

[quote name='ryanflucas']Is it just me or did Onlive crash tonight? I bought 2 games tonight and then when I tried to buy a 3rd, it told me my credit card was not valid. I logged in online and checked and my card is valid, I even re-entered the details. It just seems really odd. I contacted their support and I'm waiting to hear back. I was thinking this labor day sale hit them so hard it knocked out their billing servers.[/QUOTE]

It did the same for me , was buying dirt 2 with a 50% code and it said invalid card. Tried a couple minutes later and all was fine.

[quote name='palaeomerus']I bought the Divinity 2 Ego Draconics-remaster thing. $14.92 I think. Not too bad. I never really played the older version that I got for $10 on console, and it seems like something that would be better on a PC anyway. I also got Alpha Protocol which I had for 360 but also never played much of.[/QUOTE]

This Divinity on OnLive also comes with the Expansion DLC.

bread's done
Back