Only $10 is being taken off when selecting a PS4 game when you buy a DualShock 4 controller

Every time I ask no matter which walmart or even what state since I travel alot they always say it has to be a physical ad cause if I print out a print out off my computer before heading to store or even pull it up on my phone they won't accept it as proof saying it a only price and they don't match online
They tried that last time I price matched gamestop. I merely pointed to the plaque right above their f...ing head that said no ad is ever required to price match. Got a manager who told them I was right and called gamestop to verify the price and that it was in stock. Got the price match and the cashiers in electronics looked stupid. So just get a manager who knows the policy

I think many of you live in fantasy land. BB offers nowhere near what you claim. This is 3 or 4 times now that they've failed.

GS doesn't price match and that sucks. If you read above I go for games I missed. Used stuff in fantastic condition. Another reason I shop there is because I'm part of a survey program and I can redeem my points for a $25 GC each quarter. In the past I've gotten some rare games for a steal. Both Lunar games, Tomba, and others all complete.

It honestly makes sense that Gamestop doesn't pm. They are a small specialty store so it hurts them more to PM. PMing games at Target, Best Buy, Walmart doesnt hurt them much because they have big market ups on so many other items that they can afford to take the hit.

I think many of you live in fantasy land. BB offers nowhere near what you claim. This is 3 or 4 times now that they've failed.

GS doesn't price match and that sucks. If you read above I go for games I missed. Used stuff in fantastic condition. Another reason I shop there is because I'm part of a survey program and I can redeem my points for a $25 GC each quarter. In the past I've gotten some rare games for a steal. Both Lunar games, Tomba, and others all complete.
C'mon man, referencing a 75% off clearance sale from 2007 when used N64, Dreamcast, and PS1 games were 75% off is not helping your point that Gamestop rules. The reason those games were most likely in stock is because they were too high to begin with.

Last edited by a moderator:
They tried that last time I price matched gamestop. I merely pointed to the plaque right above their f...ing head that said no ad is ever required to price match. Got a manager who told them I was right and called gamestop to verify the price and that it was in stock. Got the price match and the cashiers in electronics looked stupid. So just get a manager who knows the policy
True but have the managers don't know nothing either cause I tried that before and tried telling me electronics is different but I left it at that cause I rather shop at best buy amazon Kmart or GameStop where I can at least move credit around and spend less out pocket walmart don't have no kind of reward system or nothing which is surprising yet same time not considering how big a company they supposed to be

True but have the managers don't know nothing either cause I tried that before and tried telling me electronics is different but I left it at that cause I rather shop at best buy amazon Kmart or GameStop where I can at least move credit around and spend less out pocket walmart don't have no kind of reward system or nothing which is surprising yet same time not considering how big a company they supposed to be
i wouldn't even push it with the pricematch at walmart, unless you want to end up like this guy.

http://consumerist.com/2013/12/10/why-is-this-man-banned-from-walmart-for-life/

[quote name="Lottagames2" post="11545354" timestamp="1392951337"]

Lol what are the 3 or 4 times that BB has failed and what did we claim they offer that they don't, specifically?

You are right about GS being awesome though. I just took the brand new saints row 4 I bought at BB they other day for $7 and traded it to GS for about $20. Had to take off the wrapper and unsealed it though ;)

C'mon man, referencing a 75% off clearance sale from 2007 when used N64, Dreamcast, and PS1 games were 75% off is not helping your point that Gamestop rules. The reason those games were most likely in stock is because they were too high to begin with.
They weren't high when I bought them for under $20. Now look at their prices, betcha whoever traded 'em in is kicking themselves. I never really implied GS rules though. Better than BB? Absolutely. Best place to shop? Nuh uh.

They weren't high when I bought them for under $20. Now look at their prices, betcha whoever traded 'em in is kicking themselves. I never really implied GS rules though. Better than BB? Absolutely. Best place to shop? Nuh uh.
Maybe, maybe not. Tomba is downloadable on PSN for $10 and the first Lunar was remade on the PSP and goes for about 10-20 bucks in UMD form, 14.99 on PSN digital.

I also don't recall Best Buy reprinting a game, opening them up, selling them as used, and jacking up the prices so they could get around selling them as new at MSRP.

Maybe, maybe not. Tomba is downloadable on PSN for $10 and the first Lunar was remade on the PSP and goes for about 10-20 bucks in UMD form, 14.99 on PSN digital.

I also don't recall Best Buy reprinting a game, opening them up, selling them as used, and jacking up the prices so they could get around selling them as new at MSRP.
I don't think DL versions affect the price that much. Collectors usually want the original version. Those are only a few of the games I've found there.

You assume I don't know what I'm buying. My new games are new and used are used. At least when I go to GS they know what is on sale.

This thread seems rather long and off topic. Is this deal dead? Any other good deals on PS4 controllers?
I think the only real "deal" (other than Amazon Wherehouse) would be K-mart (if you have one in your area). I think starting tomorrow they are $49.99. If you are a ShopYourWay member, they have been giving out random "surprise points". I received a $4, $1, and $10 in about a 2 week span. So, you might could get one there for about $45 if you're lucky.

[quote name="Lottagames2" post="11545354" timestamp="1392951337"]

Lol what are the 3 or 4 times that BB has failed and what did we claim they offer that they don't, specifically?

You are right about GS being awesome though. I just took the brand new saints row 4 I bought at BB they other day for $7 and traded it to GS for about $20. Had to take off the wrapper and unsealed it though ;)
Thanks for the heads up. I'll take my copy there and trade it in. I was going to throw it on CL, but that's a lot easier for me.

I don't think DL versions affect the price that much. Collectors usually want the original version. Those are only a few of the games I've found there.

You assume I don't know what I'm buying. My new games are new and used are used. At least when I go to GS they know what is on sale.
It depends on what someone wants to spend on the game.

I was pointing out the shady crap Gamestop did last year with reprints of Metroid Prime Trilogy, Xenoblade Chronicles, and probably Fire Emblem Awakening for the Wii. Not to mention that they open games, gut them, and sell them as new. But, if that meets your criteria for new and used, then so be it.

There are plenty of uninformed GS employees who don't know current sales. Maybe your store is different but there's been plenty of bitching about them over the years.

I think the only real "deal" (other than Amazon Wherehouse) would be K-mart (if you have one in your area). I think starting tomorrow they are $49.99. If you are a ShopYourWay member, they have been giving out random "surprise points". I received a $4, $1, and $10 in about a 2 week span. So, you might could get one there for about $45 if you're lucky.
Actually if you go to Kmart website they are listed as $49.99 right now so I think that sale is this week not next week

The simple fact you are lording GS over BB has it proven that you have no idea what you are talking about. The condition of used games at game stop is usually HORRIBLE, while best buy has every used game as like new condition. Every single one of your points has boiled down to "Well I know what is on sale when I go to game stop!"... Sorry to break it to you, but if you think THOSE are SALE prices you are being deceived.

You try to blame a store for your laziness on researching sales and use it against them. I so badly want to read you my best buy order history to shut you up, the prices I paid for some of these games are just flat out INSANE. Not to mention the fact that I am going to be getting Titanfall XB1 for $38 DAY ONE... $12 discount for GCU and $10 rz cert for preordering... yeahhhh.

Actually if you go to Kmart website they are listed as $49.99 right now so I think that sale is this week not next week
Thanks, I checked the Sunday ads for this week but it said nada for Kmart so I assumed it was for next week. I personally haven't been keeping up with it since I havent splurged on a PS4 yet. But either way, it looks like most of AWD's are going for around $40 if you catch them, I would try for that.

Thanks for the heads up. I'll take my copy there and trade it in. I was going to throw it on CL, but that's a lot easier for me.
Actually cags have been reporting that the trade value there dropped later this week to $14 base due to all of us flipping earlier in the week so you'll have to do the preorder promo to get it up to that value now.

It depends on what someone wants to spend on the game.

I was pointing out the shady crap Gamestop did last year with reprints of Metroid Prime Trilogy, Xenoblade Chronicles, and probably Fire Emblem Awakening for the Wii. Not to mention that they open games, gut them, and sell them as new. But, if that meets your criteria for new and used, then so be it.

There are plenty of uninformed GS employees who don't know current sales. Maybe your store is different but there's been plenty of bitching about them over the years.
Exactly.

Oh I heard about that but I had my copy of MPT before then and wasn't interested in the other 2. I don't think it's THAT big a deal they open some games to have a case on the shelf, as long as it's in perfect shape some cellophane isn't a critical issue. As I don't shop for new stuff there too often it hardly comes up.

About that. I have 3 local stores. The closest is usually pretty good about things and sometimes I'll chat a bit. On the flip side the big store has a few people that don't know their stuff. I went there for the Vita launch and they didn't know about the game promo until we scanned some games. Another time I asked them for a copy of Orange Box (PS3) and they didn't know there was a version for that platform. Maybe if those goons stopped poking holes in their faces...

Anyways recall how I said I was going to write to BB? They replied. Apologized and said they'd mail me a $20 coupon if I send them my address. I don't know, if I send it will I actually get a usable coupon or just a visit from "Moose and Rocko"?

The simple fact you are lording GS over BB has it proven that you have no idea what you are talking about. The condition of used games at game stop is usually HORRIBLE, while best buy has every used game as like new condition. Every single one of your points has boiled down to "Well I know what is on sale when I go to game stop!"... Sorry to break it to you, but if you think THOSE are SALE prices you are being deceived.
You try to blame a store for your laziness on researching sales and use it against them. I so badly want to read you my best buy order history to shut you up, the prices I paid for some of these games are just flat out INSANE. Not to mention the fact that I am going to be getting Titanfall XB1 for $38 DAY ONE... $12 discount for GCU and $10 rz cert for preordering... yeahhhh.
Facts are facts. GS > BB. I always check the condition of games before leaving and they're always great. BB's used shelf is tiny in comparison.

BB doesn't hold the kind of sales I want. Games need to be around $30. $38 really isn't that good.

GS doesn't have sales on new, only used. That's when I go. Before whining please read what I wrote.

BB doesn't hold the kind of sales I want. Games need to be around $30. $38 really isn't that good.
What kind of sales are you looking at exactly? Strictly used? Hemi is speaking of, quite frankly, a system seller that isn't even out yet. Can't speak of how fast the game's price may tank, but $47.99 new on day one + $10 in rewards certificates is something GameStop will never touch. What is GameStop's price for this title? Not around $30, I promise, not even used.

Facts are facts. In the past 1 month, here is what I purchased from Best Buy: Assassin's Creed Black Flag for $7, Saints Row 4 for $7, Lightning Returns with CE Strategy Guide (day one) $75 with a $25 GC included, MGS CE $42, Tomb Raider $7.99...just right off the top of my head. And these are all new games, piss on that used junk (which is probably what some people do before trading in).

Edit: And checking my order history, Need for Speed Rivals $13.50, GTA4 complete $7, B1G2 free 360 platinum hits ($17 for 3 games), $30 for a 500GB HDD for my PS3.....then theres the deals I wasnt able to get in on....Killzone, Knack, and DS4 for $70 (i think thats what this thread was supposed to be about), B2G1 free used games with TONS of flips/moneymakers

Gamestop's pre-owned selection is a lot better than Best Buy, I don';t think anyone can deny that.

As far as the condition of used games, both have been hit or mess for me but thats more the people trading in and not gamestop or best buys fault.

Gamestop's pre-owned selection is a lot better than Best Buy, I don';t think anyone can deny that.

As far as the condition of used games, both have been hit or mess for me but thats more the people trading in and not gamestop or best buys fault.
They definitely are. But they market themselves as a used game store, basically. Best Buy is a consumer electronics store first and foremost, games are secondary, used games a far lesser extent. Not sure how long Gamestop has been in business, but Best Buy just started the whole "used" thing like a year or so ago.

Also agree with your second point. I've seen both ends of the spectrum from each store as far as used games.

bread's done
Back