Only $10 is being taken off when selecting a PS4 game when you buy a DualShock 4 controller

It should still be less then 3 for each game with tax because both games are on sale for 39.99 or 31.99(with GCU) then u save 30$ off the game with DS4 controller

For example
Knack or killzone 39.99 or 31.99(with GCU)
save 30$ when u buy a DS4 controller with one of the games
31.99-30$ off=1.99 +tax each game

So 58$ for a ps4 controller and Knack or killzone is a great deal

Last edited:
Which makes the deal suck because now you're spending $60 to save $10.
If you're already going to get a controller then it's not a bad deal. But my point is that it says "You Save: $20.00" When you put it in the cart. Best Buy web designers need a new job.

It should still be less then 3 for each game with tax because both games are on sale for 39.99 or 31.99(with GCU) then u save 30$ off the game with DS4 controller

For example
Knack or killzone 39.99 or 31.99(with GCU)
save 30$ when u buy a DS4 controller with one of the games
31.99-30$ off=1.99 +tax each game

So 58$ for a ps4 controller and Knack or killzone is a great deal
They could take the $30 off first, making the game $10 before GCU, and $8 after. Also the controller is $60...

Either way, it's not working correctly on the website.

So 69 for a ps4 controller and Knack or killzone is still a good deal

I ordered this when it first went live to be shipped to my house. All my BBY were OOS of Knack so shipping was the only option. I just got an email saying PS4 controller, Killzone & Knack just shipped. Glad it didn't get cancelled since I'd expect it from BBY. What a great deal for $77.74 and thanks OP!

Is anyone willing to post a receipt? I was gonna try getting it pricematched in the store. I got the Gamer's Club thing too, but I haven't had to use it on anything. 

Last edited by a moderator:
why?

if it was an obvious glitch, they didnt' choose to do it, which means they might make the same mistake again, regardless of whether people keep the controller or not.

so much animosity when people miss out on a deal. jfc.
They're not mad because they missed out. They're mad because some people are glitching the system further by returning the controller for full price and still getting the games at the severe discount, when the games are supposed to go back to full price because you had to buy them as a bundle.

It's the same concept as a "BOGO 50% off" wherein if you return the full price game, the half price game is SUPPPOSED to go back to full price due to the other not being in the transaction anymore.

So yeah, fuck anyone who returns the controller, but keeps the games.

They have a severe problem with honoring their sales. I might write to complain. Went to the store to find out the discount was only $10.  Sorry no, it says $30 off and the game should cost $10. This is why I never shop there, they've a horrible track record of having sales in the first place, which is made worse by the fact they're never able to fulfill them. This isn't the first time I've had a problem either. Stupid, stupid store.

They have a severe problem with honoring their sales. I might write to complain. Went to the store to find out the discount was only $10. Sorry no, it says $30 off and the game should cost $10. This is why I never shop there, they've a horrible track record of having sales in the first place, which is made worse by the fact they're never able to fulfill them. This isn't the first time I've had a problem either. Stupid, stupid store.
Same here, I couldn't get them to understand simple math. 60+32=92. Now, subtract 30 and we get....oh, you forgot how to subtract, huh? Nevermind, I dont want it. Then they tell me that the sale doesnt stack, so they are charging 60+60 then minus-ing the 30.

I would have loved to get in on this deal when it was really, really cheap.  But that obviously was a mistake so I don't think it's fair to whine about BB not honoring the mistake.  Sad if we missed it but oh well...there will be another.  It was obviously a mistake but some people just like WHINE with their games.  :censored:

I don't think the $29 for Killzone is bad, but trying to decide if I need another controller.  Anyone with a PS4 find having multiple controllers worth it?  I don't see any split games yet.  I guess you could charge one while playing the other. 

Have the controllers ever gone on sale yet?  It's not a great deal but it's not as bad as the $10 off Killzone deal at Target now.

I would have loved to get in on this deal when it was really, really cheap. But that obviously was a mistake so I don't think it's fair to whine about BB not honoring the mistake. Sad if we missed it but oh well...there will be another. It was obviously a mistake but some people just like WHINE with their games. :censored:

I don't think the $29 for Killzone is bad, but trying to decide if I need another controller. Anyone with a PS4 find having multiple controllers worth it? I don't see any split games yet. I guess you could charge one while playing the other.

Have the controllers ever gone on sale yet? It's not a great deal but it's not as bad as the $10 off Killzone deal at Target now.
After the initial "I didn't get in on the sale, sad face" posts, I don't really think anyone's whining about "honoring the mistake". Now the BB system isn't using the proper ORIGINAL discount for the games. Save $30 on a specific game when buying a Dualshock sounds pretty straight forward, but what's happening now is that the $30 is being taken off RETAIL instead of CURRENT pricing, despite the deal stating that it's supposed to be taken off the current. So yeah, definitely cause for uproar on that.

Heard a story from someone on Black friday regarding cheap controllers. He told me that Sony pretty much never puts their controllers on sale. It's like once in a blue moon you'll see something like that. *shrugs* I got a chuckle out of it. Would be curious to know if it's true as well.

They have a severe problem with honoring their sales. I might write to complain. Went to the store to find out the discount was only $10. Sorry no, it says $30 off and the game should cost $10. This is why I never shop there, they've a horrible track record of having sales in the first place, which is made worse by the fact they're never able to fulfill them. This isn't the first time I've had a problem either. Stupid, stupid store.
Same here, I couldn't get them to understand simple math. 60+32=92. Now, subtract 30 and we get....oh, you forgot how to subtract, huh? Nevermind, I dont want it. Then they tell me that the sale doesnt stack, so they are charging 60+60 then minus-ing the 30.

After the initial "I didn't get in on the sale, sad face" posts, I don't really think anyone's whining about "honoring the mistake".
Really?

Save $30 on a specific game when buying a Dualshock sounds pretty straight forward, but what's happening now is that the $30 is being taken off RETAIL instead of CURRENT pricing, despite the deal stating that it's supposed to be taken off the current. So yeah, definitely cause for uproar on that.
That's just normal though, many sales don't stack. Nothing to get anyone's diapers in a bunch over. The dumb thing is that BB had a sale on the game the same exact time that they had a bundle sale. It doesn't make sense for them to stack the 2 deals. As a buyer I really want them to, but if I were a store manager then I wouldn't. You can get one or the other sale. No biggie.

Please read the ENTIRE post. He's complaining that they're not honoring the ACTUAL ADVERTISED sale. Not the broken two games for cheap one.
Lol, no, not me. They are trying to charge full price, -$10. Where is the $30 off?

Edit: I understand now, the 20 off the game IS the 30 off. They did a poor job of NOT explaining any of that.

Lol, no, not me. They are trying to charge full price, -$10. Where is the $30 off?

Edit: I understand now, the 20 off the game IS the 30 off. They did a poor job of NOT explaining any of that.
No it's not. They're lying to you. The website shows that you can get both deals. Right underneath the "Knack, On sale 39.99" it says "Save $30 when you buy this game, here's how" offer. It's SUPPOSED to be 30 on top of the sale as well.

Edit: Clever mislabelling for those unaware on the pricing. Best Buy's going down a dark path.

I would have loved to get in on this deal when it was really, really cheap. But that obviously was a mistake so I don't think it's fair to whine about BB not honoring the mistake. Sad if we missed it but oh well...there will be another. It was obviously a mistake but some people just like WHINE with their games. :censored:

I don't think the $29 for Killzone is bad, but trying to decide if I need another controller. Anyone with a PS4 find having multiple controllers worth it? I don't see any split games yet. I guess you could charge one while playing the other.

Have the controllers ever gone on sale yet? It's not a great deal but it's not as bad as the $10 off Killzone deal at Target now.
just like with the ps3 it's really nice having an already charged controller to swap when one starts complaining about a low battery. outside of knack and injustice I don't think there's any 2p games yet, but controllers (historically) don't get stupid cheap unless used. it's a swell deal even without the glitch if you were planning on snagging a game anyhow.

No it's not. They're lying to you. The website shows that you can get both deals. Right underneath the "Knack, On sale 39.99" it says "Save $30 when you buy this game, here's how" offer. It's SUPPOSED to be 30 on top of the sale as well.

Edit: Clever mislabelling for those unaware on the pricing. Best Buy's going down a dark path.
Yeah, you're right. I can purchase Killzone by itself for $31.99. Add the controller and they take $10 off Killzone, wheres the other $20. I just thought maybe I had misinterpreted the whole thing.

But is this anything really new? Stacking coupons/discounts is something we've come to enjoy in recent years but it often doesn't work. I get the disappointment but it's not surprising. It's the "This is why I never shop there" comments that make me smile. If stacking doesn't work then decide which discount is better for you or move on. It's silly to stop shopping at a store for not stacking discounts, you'll end up with no place to shop.

Really?

That's just normal though, many sales don't stack. Nothing to get anyone's diapers in a bunch over. The dumb thing is that BB had a sale on the game the same exact time that they had a bundle sale. It doesn't make sense for them to stack the 2 deals. As a buyer I really want them to, but if I were a store manager then I wouldn't. You can get one or the other sale. No biggie.
Understandable yes. I'd do the same if I were store manager. But we've seen sale prices stack before on these offers. It's not like it's a coupon that excludes sale pricing (hell, some of the coupons are still useable under those conditions), but there's nothing on the site for the $30 offer that says "taken off retail pricing". The site makes it look like you can combine both, but does nothing to warn consumers about the real price until they actually get to the cart/checkout screen. In my opinion, when you get to the offer page it should say the retail price, rather than the sale price.

EDIT:

But is this anything really new? Stacking coupons/discounts is something we've come to enjoy in recent years but it often doesn't work. I get the disappointment but it's not surprising. It's the "This is why I never shop there" comments that make me smile. If stacking doesn't work then decide which discount is better for you or move on. It's silly to stop shopping at a store for not stacking discounts, you'll end up with no place to shop.
Haha, yeah I love those comments too.

"Hmph! I'm super mad at said company!"

*three weeks later*

"Oh man! Super duper discount sale! <3<3<3<3!" No offense, but no one's truly mad forever.

SECOND EDIT: OP you should probably edit thread title to reflect new sale change. I feel bad for those coming into this unawares.

It wont make me stop shopping there, but it makes look other places first. And thats sad considering the amount I spend, plus being a GCU member. This isn't an issue of stacking, IMO, its an issue of they decided to run this promo during a sale, and now aren't honoring it correctly. It just makes me wish that, instead of ignoring the glitch and not reeming them dry like a lot of people did, that I would have made 10 orders. I held out for the legit deal, and this is what happens.

It wont make me stop shopping there, but it makes look other places first. And thats sad considering the amount I spend, plus being a GCU member. This isn't an issue of stacking, IMO, its an issue of they decided to run this promo during a sale, and now aren't honoring it correctly. It just makes me wish that, instead of ignoring the glitch and not reeming them dry like a lot of people did, that I would have made 10 orders. I held out for the legit deal, and this is what happens.
You know what's interesting though? The discount WAS working properly beforehand. Users who didn't have GCU were reporting that the discount was taken off sale prices as well and being applied properly to one game. It's only under the GCU users that the double discount occured (probably due to the system thinking that the GCU discount was 38 dollars and the $30 off bundle sale hadn't been applied yet), and it makes me wonder if GCU is worth all this trouble, because they're had nothing but problems since it launched.

Just wanted to chime in on the deal. I went in and traded Knack and Killzone for $42. Bought NBA 2K14 with the giftcard, and then I picked up my order. Knack is being delivered, but I picked up Killzone and my DS4 in store. In all $37 for a DS4/Killzone/Knack. I can live with that!

Bby doesn't care about the gamers they sell other stuff then video games

Last edited:
Just wanted to chime in on the deal. I went in and traded Knack and Killzone for $42. Bought NBA 2K14 with the giftcard, and then I picked up my order. Knack is being delivered, but I picked up Killzone and my DS4 in store. In all $37 for a DS4/Killzone/Knack. I can live with that!
#WeHustle

Why not? I'm shopping there because the deal SHOULD stack. Other stores know this and allow it. But hey if they want me to take my business elsewhere then they can shove their products right up their ass. This is what happened a few years back. There was a sale, don't even recall what it was. I chose 2 games marked $40. Get to the register and find out it wouldn't go through. After some time they determine it's because one game wasn't $60 and I'm all "but it's marked $40 right now". They reply with some BS and I think they eventually gave it to me to get me to go away.

It's gotten bad enough that I tell people not to buy me gift cards for that store. I simply do not like BB. They have decent stock but no sales. TrU has the sales but no stock. GS can only be exploited for used products which is obviously hit or miss. Even Amazon isn't as good as they used to be.

Nice, that's what I should have done...x about 10.

You know what's interesting though? The discount WAS working properly beforehand. Users who didn't have GCU were reporting that the discount was taken off sale prices as well and being applied properly to one game. It's only under the GCU users that the double discount occured (probably due to the system thinking that the GCU discount was 38 dollars and the $30 off bundle sale hadn't been applied yet), and it makes me wonder if GCU is worth all this trouble, because they're had nothing but problems since it launched.
True, but most of the problems have worked in the buyers favor. Most. By the time I had tried the deal, the DS4's weren't available for shipping or pick-up. I didn't know it was working right to begin with. That really pisses me off, lol.

I saw this deal go up when it was first posted, checked it out, but ultimately decided to pass regardless of how good a glitch it was.

Already have two PS4 controllers, and have finished Killzone, and figure Knack is likely the first full game going to be going the way of PS+.

It's gotten bad enough that I tell people not to buy me gift cards for that store. I simply do not like BB. They have decent stock but no sales. TrU has the sales but no stock. GS can only be exploited for used products which is obviously hit or miss. Even Amazon isn't as good as they used to be.
What? TRU "sales" usually suck you end up paying full price most of the time. They also are like GS with items $5-$10 above the MSRP found at all other retailers. Amazon mostly matches other retailers like BB. GCU offers the best sales in gaming currently & has been the best for 2+ yrs.

They're not mad because they missed out. They're mad because some people are glitching the system further by returning the controller for full price and still getting the games at the severe discount, when the games are supposed to go back to full price because you had to buy them as a bundle.

It's the same concept as a "BOGO 50% off" wherein if you return the full price game, the half price game is SUPPPOSED to go back to full price due to the other not being in the transaction anymore.

So yeah, fuck anyone who returns the controller, but keeps the games.
well then shaq-fu me. 9.99 killzone. controller never even left the store.

I was totally honest with the cashier.

Me: game was on sale because of the controller, does that matter?

Her: well, it's 59.99 on the receipt so that's what you get back. If it mattered, the receipt would say....

thinking that this ruins deals for people in the future is just silly. excessive caring and hand-wringing about what other people do is a bit too typical around here, sadly.

What? TRU "sales" usually suck you end up paying full price most of the time. They also are like GS with items $5-$10 above the MSRP found at all other retailers. Amazon mostly matches other retailers like BB. GCU offers the best sales in gaming currently & has been the best for 2+ yrs.
TrU has their annual (usually) B2G1 sales that are good. Few others offer those on new products. And they occasionally send coupons. But when I go there the stock is pitiful.

If GCU is part of BB then I'm going to assume that's also a fail. Good chance the store won't honor that either.

Her: well, it's 59.99 on the receipt so that's what you get back. If it mattered, the receipt would say....

thinking that this ruins deals for people in the future is just silly. excessive caring and hand-wringing about what other people do is a bit too typical around here, sadly.
I don't think it ruins deals for people in the future. I just think it's morally dirty and super scummy to get a sale price without fulfilling the requirements of the sale. The consumers version of a "bait and switch". But if you got away with it, you got away with it. Once again, that's just my moral line; I'm not forcing it upon you or anything, I'm just voicing my opinion.

And caring about what others do/having others care about what you do is a part of being with the public. It's not just here, it's everywhere.

you have a strange moral framework.  i might feel bad about being called morally dirty and super scummy, except i just think you're wrong.

Best Buy made an error in their web framework, and I jumped on the deal.  Ended up getting KZ:SF for $10.  If anyone lost out, it was best buy.  And somehow that's a dirty play?  Yet loads of CAGs flipping games from BB to GS and back during credit deals (and effectively inflating the prices of used games by pulling cheap games off the market), is cool.  In this case it's other gamers that miss out.

LMAO.  only on CAG.  

you have a strange moral framework. i might feel bad about being called morally dirty and super scummy, except i just think you're wrong.

Best Buy made an error in their web framework, and I jumped on the deal. Ended up getting KZ:SF for $10. If anyone lost out, it was best buy. And somehow that's a dirty play? Yet loads of CAGs flipping games from BB to GS and back during credit deals (and effectively inflating the prices of used games by pulling cheap games off the market), is cool. In this case it's other gamers that miss out.

LMAO. only on CAG.
But isn't that dirty play? You exploited the system by getting the game for 10 while not keeping the controller which is how you got the discounted game

But isn't that dirty play? You exploited the system by getting the game for 10 while not keeping the controller which is how you got the discounted game
Nah, blame BBY for not having the proper discount spread out to avoid full refunding. CAG is FULL of exploits, this was a good and accessible deal which is probably why it's getting more play and complaints. GS 20% bday coupon is being exploited, a BBY B1G2 exploit a couple weeks ago, PM price mistakes are just a couple off hand I've followed.

Nah, blame BBY for not having the proper discount spread out to avoid full refunding. CAG is FULL of exploits, this was a good and accessible deal which is probably why it's getting more play and complaints. GS 20% bday coupon is being exploited, a BBY B1G2 exploit a couple weeks ago are just a couple off hand I've followed.
And plus it no different then the $35 Kmart pink 3ds xl glitch

Yeah I followed that too, definitely a glitch, but since it was mostly honored, then it's okay. Well the controller refund above was honored so what's the problem there?
Yea but those that weren't honored were those who got to the deals late like this one with deals the early bird get the deals win some lose some and on the point of returning the controller I remember with the Kmart glitch people buying 5 or more of them and some buying them just to return for store credit or to exchange for different colors and some even returning to walmart to get credit for vitas

you have a strange moral framework. i might feel bad about being called morally dirty and super scummy, except i just think you're wrong.

Best Buy made an error in their web framework, and I jumped on the deal. Ended up getting KZ:SF for $10. If anyone lost out, it was best buy. And somehow that's a dirty play? Yet loads of CAGs flipping games from BB to GS and back during credit deals (and effectively inflating the prices of used games by pulling cheap games off the market), is cool. In this case it's other gamers that miss out.

LMAO. only on CAG.
Like I said, that's just my moral framework. In my mind, what you did was akin to walking into a store during a BOGO Free sale, taking a game off the shelf, and when security tries to stop you for stealing, you just point towards the BOGO sign and leave. You technically didn't buy one, so how can you get one free? Granted yes, the original pricing error was THEIR mistake, but that extra step in returning the controller and nullifying the sale/circumventing their system is what rings alarm bells in my head. You see, it's the nullifying the sale part that's getting to me. Sure, Best Buy could've put a check into the system on that, they usually do, but in this case they forgot to. So it's up to the consumer if they want to take super advantage of the pseudo deal.

Flipping is alright. It's like taking advantage of the stock market. "Buy low, sell high". Except you're dealing with different competitors and you're forcing yourself to do the research and taking time and effort to do it. It sucks that flipping causes prices to wildly change game prices, but that's just part of the industry and the economy. It's why places like Ebay and Craigslist exist, or rather, how they exist now.

I wasn't trying to make you feel bad by saying things like "morally dirty and super scummy". I learned very quickly in life that you can't really sway other people's opinions or views unless you're a really really smooth talker, which I am not. I was merely voicing my own views on how I would have felt had I done the same action in returning the controller, but keeping the games. Bottom line: Congrats on being able to get an even awesomer deal than most other people who took part.

And like I said, stuff like this happens everywhere. Not just CAG. It just so happens that a majority of the things we take advantage of are videogame related, and so naturally are on here. SD and Reddit are the same.

Nah, blame BBY for not having the proper discount spread out to avoid full refunding. CAG is FULL of exploits, this was a good and accessible deal which is probably why it's getting more play and complaints. GS 20% bday coupon is being exploited, a BBY B1G2 exploit a couple weeks ago, PM price mistakes are just a couple off hand I've followed.
Yes, it's on them that the system/sale doesn't work properly, especially given how badly they've mucked it up. Pretty much any exploit ever can draw similarities to the act of "cutting in line". Some may look down upon it, others may not care, and soon some will try to do the same just to get to the front quicker.

Yea but those that weren't honored were those who got to the deals late like this one with deals the early bird get the deals win some lose some and on the point of returning the controller I remember with the Kmart glitch people buying 5 or more of them and some buying them just to return for store credit or to exchange for different colors and some even returning to walmart to get credit for vitas
How would that even work? "Hey I want to return this item I bought for $35 dollars, can you give me back the $200 it normally costs?" or "Hey Walmart, I didn't buy this here, but give me store credit yeah?" What sane manager would allow such a thing?

EDIT: Also OP, no idea if you're still reading this thread. You need to change the thread title to something more accurate.

TrU has their annual (usually) B2G1 sales that are good. Few others offer those on new products. And they occasionally send coupons. But when I go there the stock is pitiful.

If GCU is part of BB then I'm going to assume that's also a fail. Good chance the store won't honor that either.
Damn near every retailer offers a B2g1 on new games including BB, Target & Walmart. @Gamer & GC/GCU coupons have thoroughly crushed every other retailers coupon in every way possible. So many cheap & free games it`s hard to keep track off. GCU has had it`s issues galore but so many errors actually work out in favor of the customer & when everything does work you end up with the best deals.

BB is currently the only retailer who actually can get people to pay $30, $60 or $120 for a gaming sub.

Damn near every retailer offers a B2g1 on new games including BB, Target & Walmart. @Gamer & GC/GCU coupons have thoroughly crushed every other retailers coupon in every way possible. So many cheap & free games it`s hard to keep track off. GCU has had it`s issues galore but so many errors actually work out in favor of the customer & when everything does work you end up with the best deals.

BB is currently the only retailer who actually can get people to pay $30, $60 or $120 for a gaming sub.
I agree on most points, but plenty of people pay $30 for 2 years @ GameStop.

Yeah I'm sure the employee said that....

"If it mattered the receipt would say"

Get out of here... I don't have a problem with what you did but don't justify it by making a conversation up.

Thanks to OP for pointing out this deal.  Went this afternoon and picked up a DS4 and Killzone for $76 out the door.  Had to wrangle with the staff a bit as Killzone came up full price on the register.  When I told the cashier I was supposed to get $30 off, making it $9.99, he pointed to his register screen and said "It says it's already $20 off" (of $59.99).  I eventually got him to understand $39.99 is the new normal price, he called over a manager, and I got my $10 game.  Since I wanted another DS4 anyway, and they rarely go on sale, getting one with KZ for just $10 was a steal for me.

How would that even work? "Hey I want to return this item I bought for $35 dollars, can you give me back the $200 it normally costs?" or "Hey Walmart, I didn't buy this here, but give me store credit yeah?" What sane manager would allow such a thing?

Haha actually yeah walmart does that. It's what they're kind of known for - letting you return without receipt for current price if it's in the system. 3 times a year. They give you store credit on a gift card. I saw some people just ask to exchange pink to black 3ds without receipt. Isn't that worse than returning an item paid for to the same store. Anyway.

[quote name="Crazyglitcher" post="11535254" timestamp="1392679220"]Heard a story from someone on Black friday regarding cheap controllers.  He told me that Sony pretty much never puts their controllers on sale. It's like once in a blue moon you'll see something like that.  *shrugs* I got a chuckle out of it. Would be curious to know if it's true as well.[uote]
Well PS4 controllers are $50 all week @ Kmart. The best deals in the past were $35 on BF but Sony runs stuff like their "Play Days" promo & other stores have 10% -20% off all accessories. These happen 5-6 times a yr or so.http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/327032-kmart-weekly-ad-216-to-222-dualshock-4-controller-50-5-off-some-wiiu-games/

bread's done
Back