Only $10 is being taken off when selecting a PS4 game when you buy a DualShock 4 controller

They brought down TIV to $9 on KZ.  So $18 with 100% bonus.

Will probably just hang onto the game, I'll have a PS4 in the near future anyway.

They brought down TIV to $9 on KZ. So $18 with 100% bonus.
Will probably just hang onto the game, I'll have a PS4 in the near future anyway.
...you bought a game but still don't have the console? Not only that but you're interested in what its TIV is?

????

Last edited by a moderator:
...you bought a game but still don't have the console? Not only that but you're interested in what its TIV is?

????
I wanted a DS4 for a PC controller. There has been very few deals on it. It's $60, so $10 for a game seemed pretty inexpensive, especially if I could have flipped it more than ~$20.

You can buy them online and do a store pickup and when u pick up all three stuff tell them that you don't want the DS4 CONTROLLER anymore
Best Buy has banned folks before for cancellations of bundles. I wouldn't get too greedy with the glitch. Just keep all three items.

This deal is good enough on it's own.

It's available at all my local stores, wonder why the store pick-up isn't available?
prob cause BB realized this is a glitch but since they made the mistake they're still honoring it... But making you do the legwork to make the deal happen. Someone should try this in store and see if it still works! I assume yes..

prob cause BB realized this is a glitch but since they made the mistake they're still honoring it... But making you do the legwork to make the deal happen. Someone should try this in store and see if it still works! I assume yes..
When NFS rivals glitched a couple of weeks ago, it was not working in store while online said out of stock so... YMMV obv

has anyone successfully picked up just the game for 9.99?  (i.e. decided they didnt want the ds4 at the pickup counter).

I put one on reserve last night for pickup, b/c i figured this deal wouldn't last (i was right!).  dont really need a 3rd ds4, but killzone for 9.99 was no-brainer.  Figured i could find some way to swap the controller somehow....(i actually have a target receipt for my ds4, so maybe i can take the best buy one back there)

has anyone successfully picked up just the game for 9.99? (i.e. decided they didnt want the ds4 at the pickup counter).

I put one on reserve last night for pickup, b/c i figured this deal wouldn't last (i was right!). dont really need a 3rd ds4, but killzone for 9.99 was no-brainer. Figured i could find some way to swap the controller somehow....(i actually have a target receipt for my ds4, so maybe i can take the best buy one back there)
You cannot since it is part of a bundle. Once you break up the bundle, the price goes back to what it was for each individual item.

You cannot since it is part of a bundle. Once you break up the bundle, the price goes back to what it was for each individual item.
k thx. that's what i thought, but my receipt lists the price as 59.99 and 9.99, so i wasnt sure. i suspect it would cause trouble if i tried to return it. i'll just take it back to target. thx.

I just went to one of the BBs in town and they wouldn't honor it. 

On the phone with customer support at the moment. 

you can actually return just the DS4 and still keep the games. That's what the guy in front of me did  when I went to pick up my order. They refunded him the full amount for the controller so he pretty much got the games for 9.99 and 2 bucks.  fuck

you can actually return just the DS4 and still keep the games. That's what the guy in front of me did when I went to pick up my order. They refunded him the full amount for the controller so he pretty much got the games for 9.99 and 2 bucks. fuck
Wow for real

you can actually return just the DS4 and still keep the games. That's what the guy in front of me did when I went to pick up my order. They refunded him the full amount for the controller so he pretty much got the games for 9.99 and 2 bucks. fuck
Wow!! Lol! Guess the ordering online receipts for this type of bundle deals are not prorating the items like when you do instore purchases?

Anyone tried returning the controller? The controller is OOS online? Any chance of getting the deal in store without doing in store pickup?

Wow!! Lol! Guess the ordering online receipts for this type of bundle deals are not prorating the items like when you do instore purchases?
that's probably the reason why it works, on my instore pick up receipt it doesn't show its a bundle or anything, just the games at 2.00, 11.99 and then the controller for 59.99. Was tempted to do the same thing but 77 bucks for 2 games and a controller is a great deal already, dont want to push my luck lol.

Yeah, see there a difference between a CAG and cheap greedy stupid ass fuck who exploits deals to the point that it fucks it up for everyone, and while they read this and are laughing going off on their merry cheap way saying "oh well too bad for you, I got mine", they don't realize that eventually itll catch up to them.

so fuck you assholes who ordered and reordered. stop being greedy and get your own deal, and let others enjoy it too, that's the point of this community, to not only get great deals but to share. stop being greedy and cheap, get what you want/need and then stop, cuz u fucked it up for a lotta people you stupid shits.

Yeah, see there a difference between a CAG and cheap greedy stupid ass fuck who exploits deals to the point that it fucks it up for everyone, and while they read this and are laughing going off on their merry cheap way saying "oh well too bad for you, I got mine", they don't realize that eventually itll catch up to them.

so fuck you assholes who ordered and reordered. stop being greedy and get your own deal, and let others enjoy it too, that's the point of this community, to not only get great deals but to share. stop being greedy and cheap, get what you want/need and then stop, cuz u fucked it up for a lotta people you stupid shits.
1 calm down. Get you a bourbon or your other beverage of choice.

2 wasnt this on SD? If so, blame that over cag.

Yea slickdeals is to blame not the cag community for instance this is what someone on slickdeals said : In for 5 sets. Will try to return the ds4 controllers at store or else i will resell them on ebay/CL
No one here said anything that bad here so yes take the complaints to slickdeals

I blame the glitch for this deal being dead online, not CAG or SD.
We all know the DS4 is not sold out. My store has tons of them.
Some people just need somebody to blame because they missed out.

DS4 unavailable is just Best Buys way of ending it online forcing you to go in-store if you want it.

Blaming any one site has always seemed ridiculous to me, especially considering the number of lurkers around here.  Even if no one posted about doing the deal 4, 5 times it's almost a guarantee that someone read it here & did just that.  But like was said, it was a glitch and instead of fixing it they just killed the deal.  I missed out, and it sucks because I could have honestly used the controller, but oh well.  I've gotten in on some before that a lot of others have missed out on.  That's the way it goes.  There's always another deal.  

1. I did. thank you very much

2. maybe it was on SD, idk, but I figure only a CAG would do it repeatedly

Yea slickdeals is to blame not the cag community for instance this is what someone on slickdeals said : In for 5 sets. Will try to return the ds4 controllers at store or else i will resell them on ebay/CL
No one here said anything that bad here so yes take the complaints to slickdeals
in light of this, then perhaps it was SD then...but I should clarify, I didn't particularly mean it in this specific case of this specific deal, I meant, anytime someone finds an exploit and then abuses 5x to themselves, its not cool, it should be passed around, that's all

Some people just need somebody to blame because they missed out.

DS4 unavailable is just Best Buys way of ending it online forcing you to go in-store if you want it.
some people just need to be cool. I didn't miss out, I had kz and knack, and ds4's, I felt bad for people who missed out, had nothing to do with me, just like I felt bad for GCU that missed out, I got mine, but I felt bad for those that didn't.

Blaming any one site has always seemed ridiculous to me, especially considering the number of lurkers around here. Even if no one posted about doing the deal 4, 5 times it's almost a guarantee that someone read it here & did just that. But like was said, it was a glitch and instead of fixing it they just killed the deal. I missed out, and it sucks because I could have honestly used the controller, but oh well. I've gotten in on some before that a lot of others have missed out on. That's the way it goes. There's always another deal.
ur right, sometimes ya win, sometimes ya lose, in this case, I didn't lose or win, cuz I wasn't in for it since I had it, I just felt bad for those that missed out cuzza assholes they abused it.

=======
remember people, my point was, this is a community isn't it, some of us have been here for around 5+ years, so all I was sayin is, be cool and share...the minute I catch a deal, even if im not using it or gonna get it, I share it with everyone here, and I don't take any extra or more than I really need/want. that's all

so that's that

So much butthurt everytime a deal is ended early by whatever. Honestly, if you got the deal legitimately, no matter how many, there isn't much of an issue. Who are you to tell someone to not spend money so others can have it. It's first come first serve. 

The companies know the deals they put up are popular. They will run out of stock, they will have people buying many copies, and they will stop deals once they stop making money or people abuse it (in this case returns and trade ins). 

Don't get me wrong though, I understand the argument but I've been on CAG and SD long enough to not bitch about missing a deal. All I do is make sure I get a deal as soon as it comes up. Drive to whatever store, have my coupons ready, fast checkout, etc. If I miss out, too bad, better luck next time.

it's not a glitch, they likely had a certain number they wanted to sell this way. early bird gets the worm, i guess.
I kind of doubt it, it should have never discounted the second game the way it did, you won't hear me complain though and again thank you OP, I picked this up in the morning before our trip to Disneyland. I noticed somebody else had a set waiting for them as well when I got there.

Any abuse of Best Buy deals will end up correcting itself.  They've implemented a method in checking multiple orders and have been banning folks left and right over the last year.  The bulk of the guilty parties have been blacklisted from Best Buy's website forever.  Some cags have mentioned it happening to them.  New cags that go overboard with it will get caught eventually too. 

You may get $59.99 in return for the controller, but most likely the price for the games will return to normal prices back on your credit card.

Can anyone else confirm this?
Returning the controller will ring up as a refund of $59.99 +tax. It goes by how much the product is paid for on the online invoice screen and not the prorated amount on the My Best Buy Reward screen. So if DS4 is at $59.99+tax and Knack is $9.99+tax, they will be refunded just like that. Unless something changed recently in their system.

The controller is available again, not quite as good as before, though. The games now come up as $29.99 and $21.99 (with GCU. Without the controller they are $31.99 each).

Edit: Adding just one of the games (either one) with the controller makes the game $21.99.

anyone who got in yesterday and returns the controller should be punched in the face.
Completely agree!

If you were luck enough to get both games at a steep discount, consider yourself lucky and keep all of the stuff. It was an obvious glitch in their system and you got a steal. I am not trying to defend Best Buy, but if people abuse their system then they will be less likely to offer such deals in the future.

anyone who got in yesterday and returns the controller should be punched in the face.
why?

if it was an obvious glitch, they didnt' choose to do it, which means they might make the same mistake again, regardless of whether people keep the controller or not.

so much animosity when people miss out on a deal. jfc.

I got in on the deal. Sold the dual shock and one kill zone to a friend for $55. I could have flipped it online, but helping friends get deals is always satisfying. Plus I get a kill zone for $20. Everyone wins!

All the people that :cry: go to www.cheapassgamercrybaby.com

Last edited:
bread's done
Back