Orange Box for $9.99 on STEAM this weekend

Anyone want to gift me half life 2 and half life 2 episode one and two for 5 bucks paypal?

I have portal hate TF2

[quote name='s2k']Anyone want to gift me half life 2 and half life 2 episode one and two for 5 bucks paypal?

I have portal hate TF2[/quote]

I will gift you just Half Life 2 for $2 if you want

Also have a spare copy of HL 2 and HL 2 EP 1. PM me if you want em.

Copies have been claimed - have fun.

Last edited by a moderator:
lol fs thread now. I gifted my extras from before to my lil sis =) Hl2 + Ep1 awesome deal for anyone who does not have this yet or only on console b/c it's the shizz on pc

Id like to get this but for some reason my steam will only display a white fucking screen on the store and community tabs. Anyone have any idea whats going on?

[quote name='genfuyung']Id like to get this but for some reason my steam will only display a white fucking screen on the store and community tabs. Anyone have any idea whats going on?[/quote]

I am new to Steam too and I too get that. I didn't feel like searching for FAQ etc so I just load their web page and buy it through there. The games after purchase do show up in the My Games tab of the steam client and install fine.

I've done 3 purchases tehre, x-com, orange box and plants vs. zombies. You shouldn't have any problem purchasing and getting your game, tho I would also like to find a solution for the white screens.

edit: well... I suppose it uses components of IE7. or maybe have IE7 load first before Steam?... anyway, this is what I was doing.

Since I do not use IE7, I didn't really care to search for a solution. On my system, it has a tendency to not connect... I load IE 7, go to tools/options/connection tab and click OK without making changes. close and reopen IE7 and it would be fine.

So, suspecting that it may just use IE components... I open IE, sure enough, issue above. did it and open Steam, page load fine. I think I actually close the steam client while I did this... don't remember :)

Not sure if this is a good thing, now I get the pop up steam update news :p

I've never used Steam.

Can you install the games on different computers?
I am not sure if my video card on my desktop will be enough to run these games. If I get a new PC, can I download the games and play on it?

[quote name='DrNo888']I've never used Steam.

Can you install the games on different computers?
I am not sure if my video card on my desktop will be enough to run these games. If I get a new PC, can I download the games and play on it?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, usually the only restriction is that you have to install Steam and have an internet connection. Some games on Steam though have limited installs or other DRM, beyond just Steam's DRM. Valve's games (like the Orange Box) just use Steam DRM though.

hey everyone, i'm trying to gift this to a friend, but because i live in france i can't - my paypal and ccs are linked to accounts in the us

anyone wanna help a brother help a friend out and gift thsi to a friend of mine? i'll send paypal?

[quote name='genfuyung']Id like to get this but for some reason my steam will only display a white fucking screen on the store and community tabs. Anyone have any idea whats going on?[/QUOTE]

Sounds like some sort of proxy error or something. Steam operates under the same settings as internet explorer, so make sure there isn't something weird under your internet connection settings for ie.

Also, I'm assuming you've done the obvious and hit refresh. Sometimes it caches things weirdly.

The only other thing I can suggest is you can still purchase everything on the steam website with your steam username and password, and it will be linked to your account. At least then you can play the games.

If none of the above work, you should probably re-install and also wipe out any of the settings that still exist by deleting the folders. My two cents, good luck!

according to Steam support, you don't get a gift of Episode 2 with Orange Box, you only get Episode 1. Episode 2 gifts only apply to a purchase of the Episode Pack.

Wow, the one weekend I don't check up on CAG is when this happens. I've been waiting for a $10ish PC OB deal for too long. Fortunately the weekend deal is still live this morning. In for one, of course, thanks OP.

bread's done
Back