OTT 586: The Legend Continues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, Trakan. Good call on starting RDR. I already love it, more than I liked GTA IV and V.

Actually, I liked both Just Cause games more than the GTA games this past gen.

Trash Can thinks Red Dead is like the greatest thing ever. 

And did all the people that hate GTA 4 play the expansions? Those expansions fix a lot of the problems that people complain about. Both are fantastic. 

Trash Can thinks Red Dead is like the greatest thing ever.

And did all the people that hate GTA 4 play the expansions? Those expansions fix a lot of the problems that people complain about. Both are fantastic.
No, I never played the expansions. I didn't actually feel compelled to finish either 4 or 5, and moved them both to the backlog. I played further into 4 than 5. I didn't completely hate either one, but I definitely enjoyed III/Vice City/San Andreas more.

No, I never played the expansions. I didn't actually feel compelled to finish either 4 or 5, and moved them both to the backlog. I played further into 4 than 5. I didn't completely hate either one, but I definitely enjoyed III/Vice City/San Andreas more.
gta v was more vice city/san andrae/iii like, than gta iv ever was.

Last edited by a moderator:
Until I started playing the game, I had forgotten about the hardcover Red Dead Redemption GOTY guide that I bought from Amazon back when it first came out. I think I paid $18 at the time, but it's worth a whole lot more now since it's out of print. It's still sealed, but I'm trying to decide if I should open it.

I think I will since I'm having so much fun with the game. I'm pretty obsessive about finding everything in a game (especially games I love), and the guide will help with that if I miss some stuff.

Until I started playing the game, I had forgotten about the hardcover Red Dead Redemption GOTY guide that I bought from Amazon back when it first came out. I think I paid $18 at the time, but it's worth a whole lot more now since it's out of print. It's still sealed, but I'm trying to decide if I should open it.

I think I will since I'm having so much fun with the game. I'm pretty obsessive about finding everything in a game (especially games I love), and the guide will help with that if I miss some stuff.
I just looked it up, honestly I'd sell it. Can always use http://reddead.wikia.com/ if you get stuck on an area.

Eh, I went ahead and opened it. It's not like I need the money, and it's a nice-looking book. It's one of the better hardcover collector's editions that I've seen. The cover art is actually on the hardback, rather than having a dust jacket like a lot of them. Those dust jackets tend to get dinged up, and this one is more like a textbook. On top of that, it's completely filled with stuff about the game at 448 pages.

I really need to pick up Hard Day's Night in the Criterion B&N sale.  I've been trying to unload some DVDs on eBay but no one seems to be biting.  As far as gaming goes, I've just been dying for Naxxramas in Hearthstone, but the closest Blizz has gotten is mentioning that they'll announce a price and then announcing that they won't announce a price.  So that's cool.

I don't know what the PSN off topic is, but it's moving like the OTT in 2006.
Constant complaining about off-topic chatter in the official PSN thread (which was accurate but not at all unique to the PSN thread on the Video Games Deals forum) led to a discussion and an eventual move of all the thread regulars to the off-topic forum so we wouldn't have to deal with the complaining and moderation.

Due to personal reasons, I won't be able to run this years NFL Pool. I have another commitment that will take all my time.

I'm perfectly willing to put up a prize if someone else will run the pool. I'd like to keep it going.

Any volunteers?

Due to personal reasons, I won't be able to run this years NFL Pool. I have another commitment that will take all my time.

I'm perfectly willing to put up a prize if someone else will run the pool. I'd like to keep it going.

Any volunteers?
I wouldn't care to, even though that would likely mean I couldn't participate. I usually follow the contest all season even after I get eliminated by week 3.

Wassup, wassup, wassuuuuuuup! Got Martin season 3 & 4 on dvd recently. Hella laughs. I'm halfway through season 2 but I wanted to buy 3 & 4 before the price went up again.

Gaming wise I'm in a gaming funk. Got my ship in AC Black Flag but I have no interest in playing it or really anything right now other than sports games when I'm with friends. I need a new Mass Effect or Fallout game.

Wassup, wassup, wassuuuuuuup! Got Martin season 3 & 4 on dvd recently. Hella laughs. I'm halfway through season 2 but I wanted to buy 3 & 4 before the price went up again.

Gaming wise I'm in a gaming funk. Got my ship in AC Black Flag but I have no interest in playing it or really anything right now other than sports games when I'm with friends. I need a new Mass Effect or Fallout game.
:wave:

I know what you mean...I recently started playing Fallout: New Vegas again after stopping half way thru. I started from the beginning again, and I get to the same part where I "took a break" and now I'm taking another break from it. I have the urge to pick Kingdoms of Amular again but I have the feeling the same thing will happen. Also got a few of the PSOne games from the .99 sale from sony (Wild Arms, Wild Arms 2) as well as Double Dragon Neon. im sure these will all sit untouched...maybe not DD:N.

I am in a serious gaming malaise...basically a whole closet full of nothing I want to play.

Any volunteers?
I will gladly take the prize, thank you.

:wave:

I know what you mean...I recently started playing Fallout: New Vegas again after stopping half way thru. I started from the beginning again, and I get to the same part where I "took a break" and now I'm taking another break from it. I have the urge to pick Kingdoms of Amular again but I have the feeling the same thing will happen. Also got a few of the PSOne games from the .99 sale from sony (Wild Arms, Wild Arms 2) as well as Double Dragon Neon. im sure these will all sit untouched...maybe not DD:N.

I am in a serious gaming malaise...basically a whole closet full of nothing I want to play.
I never finished New Vegas. Got all the way toward the end where it would soon be time to side with a faction but I was burned out of the game by then.

I also bought Double Dragon Neon. I was surprised it was more than a simple HD remake.

Fired up BF for the first time in months. Propaganda seems like a really cool map. It has a strong BF1942 vibe. They did a good job of providing an urban environment that feels unique.

I finished Red Dead Redemption a couple days ago with 100% completion in single player, so it took me right at three weeks to finish. Great game with a great story. From this generation, I'd put it right up there with Super Mario Galaxy, Tomb Raider, AC II, and AC Brotherhood as my top games. I've still got a lot left to play, though.

I jumped into mulitplayer for a little while. It's surprisingly still pretty active. I'll probably just play it long enough to finish up the achievements.

As for what's next in the backlog, I think I'll open up the Prince of Persia Collection and play the first one. I skipped those in the PS2 days. I'm in the mood for something more linear before I play Undead Nightmare or start another open world game like Sleeping Dogs or AC IV.

I joined a free roam session in RDR. There was this civilian crawling on the ground, so I shot him the head. Now my screen is shaking and my XP has been climbing up for the last 10 minutes or so. I look forward to my ban from Microsoft.

I had no idea that Under the Dome S2 was free for Amazon Prime people, which is great since I had missed the start and now don't have to see it live.

Epic slidecage meltdown in the wrestling thread. I can't really blame him because a couple assholes were extra harsh on him.

and i picture all of you as welfare stupid mother sitting on your lazy ass having more children so you don't have to work you mother fucking pricks

so you can go fuck yourself you fucking inbreed cross breeding mother fuckers who are too lazy to get off their asses and expect free handouts for the rest of your mother fucking lives so you go fuck yourself

go complain to obama and call me me name all you want you stupid mother fucking cunts maybe one day you will get off your mother fucking asses and get a job BUT wait i second what am i talking about you will cry and go

O THE ONLY REASON YOUR CUTTING OUR WELFARE CAUSE WE ARE BLACK AND THE WHITE MAN IS TAKEN ALL THE CASH

No we are lazy like you son of bitches who just keep having more and more children and think that EVERYONE SHOULD RAISE AND PAY FOR YOUR CHILDREN so you can all go fuck yourself I dont give a flying fuck IF I GET BAN FOR THIS My sister is slow and you can make fun of people being retarded and call me name so fuck YOU AND fuck THIS SITE

so you can take whatever you think of me and CRAM IT UP YOUR MOTHER fuckING ASS Have fun getting those food stamp cashed in. I Hope obama makes all of these illegal children LEGAL and then goes the only way we can afford them is to take the people on FOOD STAMPS NOW AND CUT IT IN HALF then we see how many people support it. YOu stupid mother fuckers

fuck you

Epic slidecage meltdown in the wrestling thread. I can't really blame him because a couple assholes were extra harsh on him.
You know that stock footage of the Atom Bomb being test fired on that Pacific Atol with the Mushroom Cloud, and then it quick cuts to houses being blown away?

That just happened!

I think my Xbox One is dead. It doesn't even make any attempts to look like it'll power on at all.

Edit: After the 50th time, it finally powered on. I'm not sure what caused it to refuse to turn on.

I think my Xbox One is dead. It doesn't even make any attempts to look like it'll power on at all.

Edit: After the 50th time, it finally powered on. I'm not sure what caused it to refuse to turn on.
I would backup all data ASAP. I made that mistake with my old PS3 (R.I.P.)

Mom fractured her ankle. My Dad and I have to manhandle her on the pot and on chairs. We're waiting for a hydrolic lift approval from the insurance and from the device place.

Lol we got a badass over here

Absolutely no reseason to buy this machine unless you like playing aim assist Galo which is for people who can't aim with a stick.
Cheapy D is gay and so are all of you in this here forum. Go suck a dick you clowns. So many goobers on this site anymore it has become just a site to laugh at. Slickdeals owns this shit show.

Someone stole a full ice chest from my house two nights ago. 25+ beers and fresh ice from that day. Some cold blooded animals out there in this world.

I watched Guardians of the Galaxy last night. Good stuff. Go watch it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back