OTT #93 is Colliding Your Hardons

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='senorwoohoo']Damn! Jean Grae played that night, too, but I don't think they did anything together. Hearing Black Star shit live was sick as well. But yeah, for me, no hip-hop act performs as well as the Roots.

Anywho, I still need another damn YF360G credit. Ah well, maybe one of 'em will go through soon.[/QUOTE]

I went to the two Roots shows at Radio City a right before Game Theory came out. Over the two nights, they had Mos and Kweli as guests, along with Erykah Badu, Slum Village, Nas, and Common. Jay-Z performed for like 5-10 minutes and Dave Chappelle did a stand-up set. It was incredible.

LOL One of those people with those things they hold under their neck to talk is here. LOL

Think: Ned from South Park.

LOL LOL LOL This is really funny, but it's not.

[quote name='st0neface']I went to the two Roots shows at Radio City a right before Game Theory came out. Over the two nights, they had Mos and Kweli as guests, along with Erykah Badu, Slum Village, Nas, and Common. Jay-Z performed for like 5-10 minutes and Dave Chappelle did a stand-up set. It was incredible.[/QUOTE]

Shit, you were at that show?! Lucky motherfucker.

[quote name='manthing']Have you played the wii version yet?

If so, how do they compare?[/QUOTE]

No I haven't. But i'd imagine the Wii version would be similar in gameplay, but just better. That's a very good thing.

I'm gonna try to rent it eventually or just snag it for cheap. But the de Blob App is great fun.

[quote name='Temporaryscars']Hey lordwow, any new jobs yet?[/QUOTE]

I applied to a bunch more, unfortunately shit is hitting the fan here. All the major universities just instituted hiring freezes, as well as the city. Luckily, I'm doing fine financially in my current job, and by fine I mean I can pay the bills, but hopefully I'll hear back from one of the ones I applied to soon.

[quote name='senorwoohoo']Shit, you were at that show?! Lucky motherfucker.[/QUOTE]

I was there for both nights. Paid like $60 a night, but it was soooo worth it. Ghostface, Raekwon, and Kanye were all supposed to show up too, but surprise surprise, they bailed. Still an awesome performance. Seeing them at the Apollo was pretty cool too. That one I got tickets the day of when my flight out of town was cancelled. Kind of made up for it.

[quote name='st0neface']I was there for both nights. Paid like $60 a night, but it was soooo worth it. Ghostface, Raekwon, and Kanye were all supposed to show up too, but surprise surprise, they bailed. Still an awesome performance. Seeing them at the Apollo was pretty cool too. That one I got tickets the day of when my flight out of town was cancelled. Kind of made up for it.[/QUOTE]

Damn, again. Sucks they didn't show, but like you said, it's not surprising. I've seen the three of them on separate nights and they're good performers, for sure.

[quote name='Temporaryscars']Who?[/quote]
media

Well I've seen Ghost and Rae with the rest of the Wu the 3 times I've seen them, and Ghost headlined the Brooklyn Hip Hop festival last year, and I saw him there.

[quote name='st0neface']Well I've seen Ghost and Rae with the rest of the Wu the 3 times I've seen them, and Ghost headlined the Brooklyn Hip Hop festival last year, and I saw him there.[/QUOTE]

Ah, sweet jealousy.

I don't feel so bad anymore. I just hate being away from any good concerts and being too poor to travel to even Orlando to see a show.

[quote name='st0neface']I don't feel so bad anymore. I just hate being away from any good concerts and being too poor to travel to even Orlando to see a show.[/QUOTE]

Have you seen Little Brother before? At least I might have that on ya.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']To much white still visible on your avatar temp.[/quote]

Yeah, like I'm going to spend my time filling in the spaces between his hair.

No. I know I have a few BCC shows on you. I've seen Panacea once too, along with The Procussions, Lupe, Rhymefest, and Big Daddy Kane with a few others I don't remember from that day.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Fail.[/quote]

Feel free to do it yourself if it bothers you...

so that I can not use it, thus wasting your time.

[quote name='st0neface']Well I've seen Ghost and Rae with the rest of the Wu the 3 times I've seen them, and Ghost headlined the Brooklyn Hip Hop festival last year, and I saw him there.[/quote]

Damn.

I just want to see GZA.

[quote name='st0neface']No. I know I have a few BCC shows on you. I've seen Panacea once too, along with The Procussions, Lupe, Rhymefest, and Big Daddy Kane with a few others I don't remember from that day.[/QUOTE]

'Course you do. Panacea?! Shit, how were they? I haven't seen Kane, 'Fest, or the Procussions, though. I did see Felt (Murs & Slug), though, at last year's Rock the Bells. :cool: And Dizzee Rascal and El-P earlier this year.

Panacea were nice. I had never heard of them before, and their performance was enough for me to buy Ink is My Drink. I saw Felt at last years RTB too fool. Plus RATM played at the one I saw.

Shrike doesn't do much anymore since deleting was his thing, and now that mods can't hard delete posts, he doesn't do it as much.

[quote name='Brak']I don't wear pantyhose, tclark.[/QUOTE]

Hey Brak, would dressing yourself up in sensual lingerie make for a really noir masturbation session?

[quote name='st0neface']Panacea were nice. I had never heard of them before, and their performance was enough for me to buy Ink is My Drink. I saw Felt at last years RTB too fool. Plus RATM played at the one I saw.[/QUOTE]

Excellent, I hope they come around here sometime.

:lol: Glad ya saw Felt, probably one of my favorite collaborations ever. And seeing Rage was fuckin' glorious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back