[OTT]Should have never gone to hollywood[/OTT]

Status
Not open for further replies.

mr ryles

CAGiversary!
Feedback
50 (100%)
SeX. MurdEr. MyStery. Welcome to the OTT party.

kiss_kiss_bang_bang.jpg

may get 2 movies in tonight and watch scanner darkly on blu ray. Only blu ray movie I own I have left to watch, Until I get Planet Earth.

Wouldn't you know it? I went down to the vending machines to get a water for my son and a coffee for me and when I get back up to his room, he FINALLY fell asleep!

Of course, now I am wide awake...but if I don't try to slepe now, I know my chance will be lost...

One paper completed. Time to finish up the other one. Thank goodness I have most of it already written. though I probably do need to do some editing for continuity in it.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']One paper completed. Time to finish up the other one. Thank goodness I have most of it already written. though I probably do need to do some editing for continuity in it.[/quote]

So you and me then, eh? Wanna try to get this OTT to 500 ourselves!

Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang was a good movie. I let my friend borrow it and he never returned it. I'm going to investigate.

[quote name='dcfox']I had a dream about work last night. That counts as real work, right?[/quote]Only if you get your boss to sign off on a timesheet for it.

I think I'll redbox either The Queen or Children of Men this weekend. Like to get Blood Diamond and Smokin Aces at some point too... But the next DVD I'm really looking forward to is Pan's Labyrinth. It has achieved Borat level anticipation with me.

Is Smokin Aces a nice mindless action flick a la Crank?

[quote name='wubb']I think I'll redbox either The Queen or Children of Men this weekend. Like to get Blood Diamond and Smokin Aces at some point too... But the next DVD I'm really looking forward to is Pan's Labyrinth. It has achieved Borat level anticipation with me.

Is Smokin Aces a nice mindless action flick a la Crank?[/quote]
Not mindless... no. Well sortof. I'd kind of liken it to something kind of like snatch or lock, stock...

Not a bad movie, persay...
I'm just pissed off about the ending.

I still want to see Crank at some point, I think.

You know reading through the middle of the night OTT and finding it often turns into a how-to on torrent related piracy is getting old. I really don't think Cheapy wants that sort of thing going on here.

[quote name='wubb']I think I'll redbox either The Queen or Children of Men this weekend. Like to get Blood Diamond and Smokin Aces at some point too... But the next DVD I'm really looking forward to is Pan's Labyrinth. It has achieved Borat level anticipation with me.

Is Smokin Aces a nice mindless action flick a la Crank?[/quote]
Children of Men - great flick.

[quote name='shrike4242']Children of Men - great flick.[/QUOTE]

That's my top pick too. The S.O. wants The Queen. But at least they both reviewed amazingly well, probably wouldn't really go wrong with either.

[quote name='wubb']You know reading through the middle of the night OTT and finding it often turns into a how-to on torrent related piracy is getting old. I really don't think Cheapy wants that sort of thing going on here.[/quote]
I'm sure he doesn't. I know I don't.

[quote name='wubb']That's my top pick too. The S.O. wants The Queen. But at least they both reviewed amazingly well, probably wouldn't really go wrong with either.[/quote]I guess it's one movie per day, with a couple of trips this weekend?

[quote name='shrike4242']I guess it's one movie per day, with a couple of trips this weekend?[/QUOTE]

Could be. But we also have some stuff piled up on the DVR. Like this week's Heroes... Probably should try to actually step outside for at least 10-15 minutes at some point too... Nah.

I used to do stuff outside. Then I got an HD TV + a DVR. :lol:

[quote name='Strell']Ahhh. Last day at work.

I wonder what zany antic I should shenaniganize.[/QUOTE]

Wait wouldn't you be the one we'd usually be going to for ideas on something like this? :mrgreen:

[quote name='wubb']Could be. But we also have some stuff piled up on the DVR. Like this week's Heroes... Probably should try to actually step outside for at least 10-15 minutes at some point too... Nah.

I used to do stuff outside. Then I got an HD TV + a DVR. :lol:[/quote]
I have plenty of stuff accumulating on my Tivos. Just not much time this week to watch it. :cry:

This weekend should be nice, so I'm sure there's something outside to be doing. :D

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']anyone ever finish one of these damn rubix cubes?[/QUOTE]

I can! Working out the algorithms needed entirely on your own is a hell of a goal. I'd suggest studying a solution that works.

My solution is a combination of the one that comes printed with the cube and this page: http://peter.stillhq.com/jasmine/rubikscubesolution.html

Basically what I do is identical to that page except for Orienting the LL Corners. I use a simpler (and slower) alg for that.

[quote name='SpottedNigel']One of the few times in-movie advertising has worked: I bought a Rubiks Cube after watching The Pursuit of Happyness.[/QUOTE]

That movie was pretty good with how they handled the cube. The only head scratcher was when the stock broker dude was amazed after Will solved just the 1st layer. That's pretty simple and any grown man who had been honestly trying to solve one would work that out without much difficulty.

[quote name='Strell']This is awesome and I want one now and yes I am a huge nerd for such.

But this is exactly something I've wanted forever. Nice and efficient. Way better than current tool.[/QUOTE]

Interesting but (1) how much? and (2) how will it work with car keys that require a chip in the key to work?

If they take off to the point that Home Depot et al stock the blanks and you just go in and have a copy made to pop in like any other key I could definitely see getting one.

[quote name='wubb']Interesting but (1) how much? and (2) how will it work with car keys that require a chip in the key to work?

If they take off to the point that Home Depot et al stock the blanks and you just go in and have a copy made to pop in like any other key I could definitely see getting one.[/quote]

If it's reasonably priced and most of my keys would work, I'd be happy to get one of those.

Wubb: Supposedly that's in development. You can't get these things yet.

Shrike: Aye. So might be worth it to have a spare set. Or 2. I'll whittle out a space in your cane that you could conceal it in.

I do wonder myself about how large it is, and how this might cause problems with tight spaces. Obviously opening a home/apt door is no big deal. But what about sticking out of the ignition? I guess at the very least, it would work for non-specialized keys: home, apartment, locker, etc. Then just leave your car keys separate.

What really bugs me is that I could completely design something like this, but I'd have no way to go about making it. And I'm really uptight about how stuff works/looks/sized, so I'd take such things into account.

I mean, it's not like there's enough room in my pants as is. Ho ho.

Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang?

Neo-Noir for the winning!

--

In other news, the glitchers on Gears of War are driving me nuts.

[quote name='Strell']Wubb: Supposedly that's in development. You can't get these things yet.

Shrike: Aye. So might be worth it to have a spare set. Or 2. I'll whittle out a space in your cane that you could conceal it in.

I do wonder myself about how large it is, and how this might cause problems with tight spaces. Obviously opening a home/apt door is no big deal. But what about sticking out of the ignition? I guess at the very least, it would work for non-specialized keys: home, apartment, locker, etc. Then just leave your car keys separate.

What really bugs me is that I could completely design something like this, but I'd have no way to go about making it. And I'm really uptight about how stuff works/looks/sized, so I'd take such things into account.

I mean, it's not like there's enough room in my pants as is. Ho ho.[/quote]
I'd be more worried about fucking up my car's ignition with that huge keyfob hanging off the ignition key in the lock. Which is why I have my car keys on a separate fob, since over the past nine years, I've had issues with all my keys on my keyring slowly fucking up my car's igition lock.

[quote name='Brak']Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang?

Neo-Noir for the winning!

--

In other news, the glitchers on Gears of War are driving me nuts.[/quote]
Great, another game I'd like to play on XBL is plagued with glitchers. WTF are they doing now?

[quote name='shrike4242']I'd be more worried about fucking up my car's ignition with that huge keyfob hanging off the ignition key in the lock. Which is why I have my car keys on a separate fob, since over the past nine years, I've had issues with all my keys on my keyring slowly fucking up my car's igition lock. [/quote]

It reminds me of the keys for the Vdubs and Mazdas... Chika's keyfob thing is kind of like that, where it's got the buttons on it and all and then you hit the little silver button and the key hinges out of the fob itself. This thing seems like an extension of that... I'd imagine that, unless you have heavy heavy heavy keys or the product would hold more than the 3 keys the site seems to indicate (looking at the sliders), I would think the construction would be lightweight and not overly detrimental to anything in terms of weight.

[quote name='Eviltude']Morning OTT.

I'm running out of games to play...and money. :lol:[/quote]

Y'know, if you could level grind for me in DQVIII, I'd greatly appreciate it.

fucking Dhoulmagus. fucking levelgrinding.

[quote name='s1eepinglionhart']It reminds me of the keys for the Vdubs and Mazdas... Chika's keyfob thing is kind of like that, where it's got the buttons on it and all and then you hit the little silver button and the key hinges out of the fob itself. This thing seems like an extension of that... I'd imagine that, unless you have heavy heavy heavy keys or the product would hold more than the 3 keys the site seems to indicate (looking at the sliders), I would think the construction would be lightweight and not overly detrimental to anything in terms of weight.[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure it will have sliders on either side. Look at the number of slots on the bottom. Long odds of this thing ever actually being released and gaining enough popularity to be found in major B&M stores though IMO.

[quote name='s1eepinglionhart']Y'know, if you could level grind for me in DQVIII, I'd greatly appreciate it.

fucking Dhoulmagus. fucking levelgrinding.[/QUOTE]

Metal slimes?

[quote name='s1eepinglionhart']Y'know, if you could level grind for me in DQVIII, I'd greatly appreciate it.

fucking Dhoulmagus. fucking levelgrinding.[/QUOTE]

That was the only battle I had to level to clear FWIW. Level grinding is not why I play games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back