Out Now Borderlands 2

So am I the only one who is pissed that not all of the games DLC is part of the Season Pass. I bought it under the assumption that all the DLC would be included and it was described as such. I noticed other people on twitter have complained to Gearbox as well. I understand the Premiere Club not being included but the Mecromancer which is part of that should be included as well as any other non campaign DLC.

@sped I was reading the change log for the patch and I believe they changed his appearance rate. Now we are more along the lines of PC. So that means he appears less.

[quote name='finsfan0210']So am I the only one who is pissed that not all of the games DLC is part of the Season Pass. I bought it under the assumption that all the DLC would be included and it was described as such. I noticed other people on twitter have complained to Gearbox as well. I understand the Premiere Club not being included but the Mecromancer which is part of that should be included as well as any other non campaign DLC.[/QUOTE]
I always saw the season pass as for story content only, didnt they say from the get go that it was 4 story packs? I always figured the mechro would be separate since those who preordered already have her so they would be double charged for it when buying the pass. Is there other dlc they have been talking about that is outside the pass?

[quote name='spedmunki']Didn't lose my badass ranks!

Gameplay question: Haw anyone been able to find Mike Mamaril after Sactuary takes off, or does he not spawn anymore?[/QUOTE]

He has a 10% chance to spawn after Sanctuary takes to the sky.

2 people jumped into my game last night and it freaked me out. One was on my friends list, the other wasn't. Now I figured out how to set my game to 'offline'.

[quote name='finsfan0210']So am I the only one who is pissed that not all of the games DLC is part of the Season Pass. I bought it under the assumption that all the DLC would be included and it was described as such. I noticed other people on twitter have complained to Gearbox as well. I understand the Premiere Club not being included but the Mecromancer which is part of that should be included as well as any other non campaign DLC.[/QUOTE]

I have a few opinions. First, they made it sound like you had to pre-order the game for Premier Club. Mechro comes out for all and it's included in that. $30-$40 sale +club still cheaper, lucky I got game for cheaper anyway so I'm not mad.

Second, the Season Pass DLC always said "Four major story DLCs" quality/epicness near Knoxx is how i took it. I do not like DLC in any game (too expensive, doesn't add enough, lame, takes 30min-2hrs and you'll never go back to it). But BL1 DLC impressed me (got the GOTY version for cheap). So I have a feeling all this "other" DLC planned with be dumb skins, heads, weapons, 1 mission quest that is short, stuff I don't care about, etc. So I won't ever buy it anyway, even if it goes on sale. Example: Uncharted 3 DLC/goty stuff, eww.

BL2 was my game this year (Skyrim last year) I couldn't wait for GOTY, so used my Langers PSN cards on the pass, I don't regret it. 4 top quality story DLC should be fun and get me to pop game back in throughout the year coming. While Premier Club or Season Pass should have included all the "other" DLC coming, I'm not that mad. But when games are coming out with 3 different versions of "all inclusive" content bundles, that is lame.

Gearbox said several times in the lead-up to release that the season pass was a finite amount of content (4 campaign expansions), and that all content released for pre-order would be available to everyone eventually.

They didn't want to create a situation where certain players could never get content based on when and where they purchased the game. These statements appeared to be mostly in reference to the GameStop pre-order arena, but it makes sense that they would include the Premiere Club too.

I understand some peoples confusion, but I don't think anyone should feel like they were ripped off or tricked into purchasing a title at launch.

^i'm right behind you. I've got a lvl47 commando i need to grind a bit, 2 challenges (including Jimmy Jenkins, ugh), and the siren/assassin skill trophies.

I have a power leveled assassin. I may just take him back to fleshstick and see if i can get the 10 seconds there.

[quote name='nbballard'](including Jimmy Jenkins, ugh)[/QUOTE]

Took me 3 hours of save quit continue in opportunity to get him to spawn. Did it on my computer monitor while I watched football a couple weeks ago.

Have fun.

Best Jenkins advice I've heard is have the quest "Doctor's Orders" active from Tanis. Go to Wildlife and follow the marker until you get to the echo that is in one of the 4 boxes, DON'T pick it up. Each box opened spawns a midget. With a higher chance of Jenkins being a pop. If he doesn't pop just try again w/o picking up the echo. Personally, I had 2x Jenkins pop out of the 4 boxes on PT1.

[quote name='nbballard']^i'm right behind you. I've got a lvl47 commando i need to grind a bit, 2 challenges (including Jimmy Jenkins, ugh), and the siren/assassin skill trophies.

I have a power leveled assassin. I may just take him back to fleshstick and see if i can get the 10 seconds there.[/QUOTE]

I got the assassin trophy in three horns on the scags right where you enter

[quote name='blindinglights']Took me 3 hours of save quit continue in opportunity to get him to spawn. Did it on my computer monitor while I watched football a couple weeks ago.

Have fun.[/QUOTE]

I've been able to spawn him about 15 times in a row on wildlife preserve now

I have a LVL 32 Commando. I am pretty addicted to this game atm. I just got Dishonored and Arkham City and haven't even touched them yet.

[quote name='razrvamp']I've been able to spawn him about 15 times in a row on wildlife preserve now[/QUOTE]
This is my plan. I've just finished Tundra Express in my PT2, so i'm going to push on towards that mission and hope i can spawn him there.

I was playing one of the missions in the Hyperion city and he popped out of one of the containers. He doesn't even drop anything. How disappointing.

NEW

Randy Pitchford ‏@DuvalMagic
I'm about to tweet another set of SHiFT codes for a Borderlands 2 Golden Key.

PSN: CJWJJ-HR5Z3-6ST5J-S3WBT-6TJWZ

[quote name='cancerman1120']NEW

Randy Pitchford ‏@DuvalMagic
I'm about to tweet another set of SHiFT codes for a Borderlands 2 Golden Key.

PSN: CJWJJ-HR5Z3-6ST5J-S3WBT-6TJWZ[/QUOTE]

yay it worked, pitchford is awesome

I'm liking Flint's Orange Thunderball fist. Its a shock bullet with a shock grenade effect after a few seconds. Got lucky once and the boss Bullymong dropped an L0 Hornet for me which was useful up until like level 10. Really want to try and get more to drop, they're great starting guns if you get lucky. I know evil ended up with a triple flaming grenade launcher. I got a single shot shock grenade launcher. The Black Hole and Sham shields are fun too.

The Mechromancer is easily by far the most powerful per shot class. I've managed to destroy everything tough in my previous playthroughs, the hardest part is managing the Anarchy stacks initially. Get her up to 100 stacks relatively quick and the fun just doesn't stop. Get her up to 400 stacks and its barely manageable. Plays best anywhere between 100-300 stacks. Absolute monster. A Cat Class Siren may do more consistent damage when set up but I've outright demolished Flint, Mercy and every other boss that gave me a hard time on my Siren or Commando.

Its just insane. She even starts screaming out that you're breaking the game at/near 400 stacks. No desire to go down any other trees than Ordered Chaos except for the point or two to regen health.

[quote name='Mad39er']I'm liking Flint's Orange Thunderball fist. Its a shock bullet with a shock grenade effect after a few seconds. Got lucky once and the boss Bullymong dropped an L0 Hornet for me which was useful up until like level 10. Really want to try and get more to drop, they're great starting guns if you get lucky. I know evil ended up with a triple flaming grenade launcher. I got a single shot shock grenade launcher. The Black Hole and Sham shields are fun too.

The Mechromancer is easily by far the most powerful per shot class. I've managed to destroy everything tough in my previous playthroughs, the hardest part is managing the Anarchy stacks initially. Get her up to 100 stacks relatively quick and the fun just doesn't stop. Get her up to 400 stacks and its barely manageable. Plays best anywhere between 100-300 stacks. Absolute monster. A Cat Class Siren may do more consistent damage when set up but I've outright demolished Flint, Mercy and every other boss that gave me a hard time on my Siren or Commando.

Its just insane. She even starts screaming out that you're breaking the game at/near 400 stacks. No desire to go down any other trees than Ordered Chaos except for the point or two to regen health.[/QUOTE]

The capstone on that tree is ass though

So I started my mechro in the anarchy tree but once I capped it out I realized that I dont like anything in the second half of the tree but love anarchy. So what I did was put in enough points to get the skill that gives you 25 stacks when you have 0(none in increasing stack cap.) and then put the rest in the BFF tree for survivability. Then last night I maxed out my 150 stacks for the first time and realized my build was not optimal. So right before quitting last night I respeced again so i put 1 in anarchy, 4 in smaller clip(have 8 with class mod) and 1 point in deathtraps spin move and the rest in BFF. IM level 35 now so BFF isnt maxed out yet. Ive got the 8 points in the smaller clip because it makes a shotgun I have reload after 1 shot(which can kill most in one close shot.) which means big anarchy stacks for me.
My build: http://www.borderlands2.com/us/skilltree/mechromancer.html

Last edited by a moderator:
I tried playing Borderlands 2 today and I'm met with a big box that says "unloadable save data", and it won't let me access my characters. I applied some update yesterday that PSN downloaded on it's own called "additional content" I believe. I haven't had any problems before that. I had the premier club, and 2 gold keys, please tell me I didn't get that bug that wipes out your badass points!

I'm about to start a run on the final boss in the to raid bosses on the DLC. If anybody wants to join me feel free. I need level Fifty's to help out. PSN name same as CAG name

Just started TVHM at level 37 Axton. I need much better weapons because I have to rely on my turret to do most of the work. My main weapons are mostly 5+ levels below me, so yeah, need new gear which I hope to acquire as I progress through story again. I realized I missed quite a few dialog initially when playing with others and just rushing through.

[quote name='nakanenui']Just started TVHM at level 37 Axton. I need much better weapons because I have to rely on my turret to do most of the work. My main weapons are mostly 5+ levels below me, so yeah, need new gear which I hope to acquire as I progress through story again. I realized I missed quite a few dialog initially when playing with others and just rushing through.[/QUOTE]

I helped Hito out initially but even you saw the struggles I had when I went into the 2nd play through. I quickly ditched my old guns for new stronger stuff. Those first few levels blow because the last highest loot you can get is 35-36 at the Hyperion Colosseum. I hope you understand why I got so frustrated at the time.

[quote name='EstonianBeast']U going for Master Gee?[/QUOTE]

Did your game freeze as soon as master gee went down? I had to hard reset the game and ended up not getting credit

[quote name='EstonianBeast']Nop, i was fine, thats pretty unlucky tho.[/QUOTE]

Damn, now I got to take another run at him today

[quote name='Brainberry']All these pink guns suck, who wants them lol[/QUOTE]

I have most of them and they are pretty bad.

The relic sucks too because it changes percentage every time you equip it.

Finally luck was on my side today. I've been ripped off by so many people joining my games and stealing all the loot I was starting to get really pissed. So a guy join my game today and drops of every orange weapon known to man and then leaves. now I don't have to farm any of the bosses

Anyone finish all the side missions? I finished the game with Gaige and was hoping to be close to having all side missions done. When I killed the warrior it said I have 43/45 done. Terramorphous will make 44 right?

I didn't skip any missions that I know of. What could I have missed?

Does finding him count as one and killing him count as the other?

[quote name='Koopa22']Anyone finish all the side missions? I finished the game with Gaige and was hoping to be close to having all side missions done. When I killed the warrior it said I have 43/45 done. Terramorphous will make 44 right?

I didn't skip any missions that I know of. What could I have missed?

Does finding him count as one and killing him count as the other?[/QUOTE]
There is a side mission in Claptrap's house. I picked it up with my Siren in TVHM but since it was in Eridium Blight I don't know what it was specifically since it didn't pop up in my quest list as I haven't unlocked that area yet.

[quote name='Mad39er']There is a side mission in Claptrap's house. I picked it up with my Siren in TVHM but since it was in Eridium Blight I don't know what it was specifically since it didn't pop up in my quest list as I haven't unlocked that area yet.[/QUOTE]

Ah, thanks!

I'll have to check it out later.

The ring quest? It doesn't count towards the side-quests. I'd suggest just hopping into each of the fast travel maps and looking for yellow !

You have to go everywhere for the trophies anyway. Did you shoot the dude in the face in Thousand Cuts or help the Goliath with his beacon in Sawtooth?

[quote name='nbballard']The ring quest? It doesn't count towards the side-quests. I'd suggest just hopping into each of the fast travel maps and looking for yellow !

You have to go everywhere for the trophies anyway. Did you shoot the dude in the face in Thousand Cuts or help the Goliath with his beacon in Sawtooth?[/QUOTE]

Yeah I shot him and let the Goliath get killed.

my map isnt showing anything that needs to be completed except Terra

My girlfriend and I finally got our mechro and commando to 50. Anyone still running the end game bosses and/or want to help us out with some legendaries?

bread's done
Back