Ouya - Console Preorder Thread

blinknot4

CAGiversary!
Feedback
19 (100%)
For those that are interested, the Ouya is now available for preorder for those of us (myself included) that did not get in on the Kickstarter. Hopefully this thing is turns out to be pretty cool...

The console is $99.99. Each extra controller is $49.99. Ships this spring/summer.

Amazon:
Console
Extra Controller

Best Buy:
Console
Extra Controller

Target:
Console

Gamestop:
Console
Extra Controller

Direct from the Ouya website*:
Console
Extra Controller
*Thanks to KillerRamen for the links!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='screwkick']Funny how a small start up company with a great idea has already been ruined by big corporate greed mentality.[/QUOTE]

You do realize that the membership base here at CAG is pretty much a fringe element of the consumer gaming market, right?

I just read several other forums and it seems that a huge percent of those who pre-ordered will, or already did, cancel their pre-orders. Including me of course :p

i have more faith in GCW Zero than Ouya...i have 0 interest in it...at least right now

[quote name='Ashlee']I just read several other forums and it seems that a huge percent of those who pre-ordered will, or already did, cancel their pre-orders. Including me of course :p[/QUOTE]

where can i read about it?

[quote name='djricekcn']i have more faith in GCW Zero than Ouya...i have 0 interest in it...at least right now

where can i read about it?[/QUOTE]

Well on neogaf, on a forum called ouyaforums or something like that, or just type "new ouya every year thread" or "new ouya every year forums" on google and there should appear several different forums about it with many complaints about the ouya yearly releases. Hope that helps?... :)

[quote name='djricekcn']i have more faith in GCW Zero than Ouya...i have 0 interest in it...at least right now

where can i read about it?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Ashlee']Well on neogaf, on a forum called ouyaforums or something like that, or just type "new ouya every year thread" or "new ouya every year forums" on google and there should appear several different forums about it with many complaints about the ouya yearly releases. Hope that helps?... :)[/QUOTE]

Or, you can read about it right in this thread (3 pages back) :cool:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=10463042&postcount=124

[quote name='Ashlee']I just read several other forums and it seems that a huge percent of those who pre-ordered will, or already did, cancel their pre-orders. Including me of course :p[/QUOTE]

Where is your factual data to back this up? Huge percentage? You mean what, like 80%-90% cancelled their preorder? Where are getting these types of numbers? Oh yeah, I know, out of your behind.

So basically, if you can root it to access the play store, and someone makes an app for the controller to work.on GP games, that solves most of my problems. And those are two things that will most likely happen.

Devs have said they can make better than PS2 games on this. Think of this thing in a few years of hardware updates

I was just getting ready to rant and give you all shit about you dissenters to the Ouya being the one's who likely were the reason the Indrema got canned.
After reading that they will be releasing a new Ouya every year my response to the Ouya people is that I hope their console will crash and burn. The idea of consoles like the Ouya and others that are "Open" Source(I say this only in regards to Android as I've heard it's not entirely Open Source) to me is that you have a market for developers that don't have money hand over fist to develop these visually stunning 3D titles. We're talking about possibly great looking 2D titles and good looking 3D titles that have been made on a comparative shoestring(compared to Capcom and others) so having lower hardware for a while is fine. To me, having new hardware each year negates one of the strong points of these types of developers programming for said hardware instead of PC: optimization. This point has been negated with them having plans to release new hardware every year.
I'd like to see an Indie developer have something like an old Sega idea(see: the end of the Dreamcast era via Smilebit and others) and see it come to fruition. My thought has been that both length and especially graphics would be somewhat equalized(thought not fully obviously) compared to low end on the console spectrum via optimization. When you're not having to thrash out so many problems by checking this stuff on multiple sets of hardware I'm sure it really saves time and lets you refine and lengthen your game. When you factor in a slightly more expensive pricing structure then PC dev. it appears still worthwhile.
I truly hope someone will take the reins on an Open Source console with the idea of the Indrema in mind. Maybe GCW Zero?
I know one thing, after this news about the Ouya I will only buy one if it plummets spectacularly low in price or gets a fabulous Arthouse game comparable to earlier Sega stuff like "Jet Set Radio", "Shenmue", "Illbleed", "Skies Of Arcadia" and others(psst "Folklore").
Maybe soon enough some smaller Japanese companies or individuals will warm to this and want to try something crazy or Koreans as well.

[quote name='6er']
Devs have said they can make better than PS2 games on this. Think of this thing in a few years of hardware updates[/QUOTE]

Hell you can even run Bastion on a 4S and Double Fine already announced a port of The Cave coming over. Who would, in this age, believe they couldn't do better than PS2 graphics on this gear? Fekking loonies.

[quote name='Sarang01']I was just getting ready to rant and give you all shit about you dissenters to the Ouya being the one's who likely were the reason the Indrema got canned.
[/QUOTE]

Rofl Ouya and the Indrema/Phantom pipedream are two totally different marketplaces. Would be like whining why the Ouya couldn't run the next Call of Duty.

And the reason Indrema was vaporware is they had a crazy notion that a small startup with some capital funding could easily go toe to toe with the loss leader marketplace (xbox, gamecube, ps2, etc). Had nothing to do with the consumer base.

I pledged with the kick starter, and I'm still anxious to get mine next month. The potential is there, and I will definitely be buying The Cave on Ouya as soon as it's released.

I'm not worried about future upgrades because, frankly, they're not here yet so it doesn't matter what potential wrench they're gonna throw into the mix. I'll deal with it when it becomes reality.

I'm just wanting to know more about launch games at this point. Are devs shooting for March release, or June when all of the retailers are going to join in? If June, it might make having one early suck.

My main reason for getting one was to learn Android and game programming on aside from a tablet. I think I'll get my moneys worth for that alone.

At first, I was very happy about it, until I found out that it was a closed platform. I can't use my google account with it. I can't install games not purchased on it there. 30% of the sales goes to the developers of the system. I really didn't like that.

I hope people hack it and install a stock version of android on it... but then there's no way for developers to sell their games on it an earn 100% of the sale. What would the perfect system be like?? HMMM. And if what the Sarang01 says is true, even more reason for me not to like it. I guess if anything, it would be a model to disrupt the market which is good. Then I hope the right thing comes along.

Until a system comes along that let developers get at least 90% of the sale money and is truely open, I'll support it.

[quote name='CaptainEnforcer']It's promoted on the home page of amazon.com. I'm pretty sure it's going to do fine.[/QUOTE]

It's also being sold at Best Buy, Target, Gamstop, and somewhere else (I can't recall)... If that means anything

The way I see it, if it can be rooted, I only care slightly if a) it fails or b) they release a new one every year. I'll use mine for a long time

[quote name='apolloimburning']where is your factual data to back this up? Huge percentage? You mean what, like 80%-90% cancelled their preorder? Where are getting these types of numbers? Oh yeah, i know, out of your behind.[/quote]

80.1%-90.1%

[quote name='Sarang01']I was just getting ready to rant and give you all shit about you dissenters to the Ouya being the one's who likely were the reason the Indrema got canned.
After reading that they will be releasing a new Ouya every year my response to the Ouya people is that I hope their console will crash and burn. The idea of consoles like the Ouya and others that are "Open" Source(I say this only in regards to Android as I've heard it's not entirely Open Source) to me is that you have a market for developers that don't have money hand over fist to develop these visually stunning 3D titles. We're talking about possibly great looking 2D titles and good looking 3D titles that have been made on a comparative shoestring(compared to Capcom and others) so having lower hardware for a while is fine. To me, having new hardware each year negates one of the strong points of these types of developers programming for said hardware instead of PC: optimization. This point has been negated with them having plans to release new hardware every year.
I'd like to see an Indie developer have something like an old Sega idea(see: the end of the Dreamcast era via Smilebit and others) and see it come to fruition. My thought has been that both length and especially graphics would be somewhat equalized(thought not fully obviously) compared to low end on the console spectrum via optimization. When you're not having to thrash out so many problems by checking this stuff on multiple sets of hardware I'm sure it really saves time and lets you refine and lengthen your game. When you factor in a slightly more expensive pricing structure then PC dev. it appears still worthwhile.
I truly hope someone will take the reins on an Open Source console with the idea of the Indrema in mind. Maybe GCW Zero?
I know one thing, after this news about the Ouya I will only buy one if it plummets spectacularly low in price or gets a fabulous Arthouse game comparable to earlier Sega stuff like "Jet Set Radio", "Shenmue", "Illbleed", "Skies Of Arcadia" and others(psst "Folklore").
Maybe soon enough some smaller Japanese companies or individuals will warm to this and want to try something crazy or Koreans as well.[/QUOTE]

God I hate weabos

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Well, glad this thing is actually coming to fruition. Not in love with the prices of the controllers but that's how they get you. Guess the controller looks to be bigger than the console so maybe it is a steal at $50.[/QUOTE]
you're serious? its half the price of the 'console' itself.
cant use google account? - have to re-buy games.
Do people really want to play android games on their TV this badly?

[quote name='Deader2818']So it has a SNES and N64 emulator. Do I have to pay for roms or can I just download them for free?[/QUOTE]

It's typically illegal to do either of these things, but the latter is usually how emulators work. Unless the games are so old they are no longer licensed or however that works, in which case it isn't illegal.

[quote name='ryanhaggan'] 30% of the sales goes to the developers of the system. I really didn't like that. [/QUOTE]

I guess you don't own or purchase apps for any android device with Google Play?

http://support.google.com/googleplay/android-developer/answer/112622?hl=en&

And of course no Apple devices...

https://developer.apple.com/programs/ios/distribute.html

No Xbox either though?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/03/30/AR2009033002121.html

Oh wait, you said not reusing Google Play was a deal breaker. Kinda hypocritical if they enact the same policy as Ouya that you don't like.

30% cut is the norm. Should it be? No. But less than 5-10% is unreasonable considering were talking about paid hosting , distribution, marketing, and advertising.

You want 100% of the profit? Old fashioned manual distribution is the only way to do it, and its still possible on a rooted Ouya. Otherwise, no one will host a game for free. Why should they?

Not trying to start an argument, but your post was full of holes that I thought needed taking care of. Ouya not being as open as you wanted is fine, and a fair enough reason to not pick one up; but they never advertised it as having access to Google Play (which is understandable, considering they would not see any profits from software if they went that route). Your other points were baseless though unless you are avoiding most indie platforms available, which you said you're not.

[quote name='supershammy']It's typically illegal to do either of these things, but the latter is usually how emulators work. Unless the games are so old they are no longer licensed or however that works, in which case it isn't illegal.[/QUOTE]

I have emulators on my PC so I know its not "legal" but I wasnt sure if with this you had to pay for the roms through the Oyua store or something.

[quote name='Needles-Kane']God I hate weabos[/QUOTE]

Give me a break, the reason why I threw in the Korean and especially Japanese comment is that even playing Indie games on XBLM seems to be that even if the game is not spectacular looking the controls are tight. I can't say the same for some of the games from Westerners and others.
The reason I brought up Sega is that there seems to be some American gameplay ideas and other things along with Japanese quirkyness thrown in a fucking blender. Show me someone who hits that shit on the mark nearly every time like some of those games, especially "Jet Set Radio" and "Illbleed" and I'll shut the fuck up. Heck if they really carve it out I'll give props.
There are Western devs. I like with Japanese ones but see above. I never really feel like the sweet spot has been nailed again.
Datajack one of the complaints people gave with the Ouya is it's hardware. I don't fucking care about the power behind it. When you're really pushing for smaller, indie developers that's not the point. But the fact people bitched and moaned about that on here lends credence to why Indrema hardware maker delayed it to up the specs. If they didn't feel that pressure from jackasses like those then maybe it would've gotten onto the market. This being the case we'd be talking about the latest bitching game from it or what game you're developing for it right now.

[quote name='Seth Oriath']I guess you don't own or purchase apps for any android device with Google Play?

http://support.google.com/googleplay/android-developer/answer/112622?hl=en&

And of course no Apple devices...

https://developer.apple.com/programs/ios/distribute.html

No Xbox either though?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/03/30/AR2009033002121.html

Oh wait, you said not reusing Google Play was a deal breaker. Kinda hypocritical if they enact the same policy as Ouya that you don't like.

30% cut is the norm. Should it be? No. But less than 5-10% is unreasonable considering were talking about paid hosting , distribution, marketing, and advertising.

You want 100% of the profit? Old fashioned manual distribution is the only way to do it, and its still possible on a rooted Ouya. Otherwise, no one will host a game for free. Why should they?

Not trying to start an argument, but your post was full of holes that I thought needed taking care of. Ouya not being as open as you wanted is fine, and a fair enough reason to not pick one up; but they never advertised it as having access to Google Play (which is understandable, considering they would not see any profits from software if they went that route). Your other points were baseless though unless you are avoiding most indie platforms available, which you said you're not.[/QUOTE]

the whole point that I originally excited was that I though the OYUA was to break that system (30% tax) and closed OS... and when they first started out, they never mentioned anything about a closed system. And hosting something wasn't the problem, it's the developers having a free-er, cheaper platform (as far as commission goes) to sell on. On a platform that's truly open, it would be hard to set up a store since it might just be way too easy to download the pay-for-version of the game somewhere for free (aka, bootleg it).

Also, in my original post, when i said I can't install games not purchased on there, I meant I can't install games not purchased on there (OYUA store) not my google account. I never said that not having the play store was a deal breaker. It's just that they claimed it's an open system from the very very beginning and it's turning out to be less and less soo as time goes forward.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ryanhaggan']It's just that they claimed it's an open system from the very very beginning and it's turning out to be less and less soo as time goes forward.[/QUOTE]

You will be able to root the system day one using instructions available from Ouya and it does not void your warranty to do this.

They provide a closed store setup as the default, but you are in no way limited to it and there is no penalty for ditching it. It's just the default so people who are less tech savvy can still buy and use the system.

Not sure how much more open you want it to be.

[quote name='blindinglights']You will be able to root the system day one using instructions available from Ouya and it does not void your warranty to do this.

They provide a closed store setup as the default, but you are in no way limited to it and there is no penalty for ditching it. It's just the default so people who are less tech savvy can still buy and use the system.

Not sure how much more open you want it to be.[/QUOTE]

Yea, I don't have the perfect open system in mind. But I want developers to make at least 85% to 90% of their money. I'm thinking indie developers. Guess I'm a bit biased in that way

[quote name='ryanhaggan']Yea, I don't have the perfect open system in mind. But I want developers to make at least 85% to 90% of their money. I'm thinking indie developers. Guess I'm a bit biased in that way[/QUOTE]

If Indie developers really wanted to, they could just set up their own website and let users purchase the APK for their games directly. The stock android OS allows for sideloading of apps like that.

[quote name='luckycreature']Im a kickstarter backer simply for no other reason than I grew bored with Sony & Microsofts constant barrage of fps shooters. Wanted some creativity.[/QUOTE]

Even if most games are FPS/action, that still leaves a LOT of games that are far outside of the box. Play XBLA/PSN games much?

[quote name='ryanhaggan']the whole point that I originally excited was that I though the OYUA was to break that system (30% tax) and closed OS... and when they first started out, they never mentioned anything about a closed system. And hosting something wasn't the problem, it's the developers having a free-er, cheaper platform (as far as commission goes) to sell on. On a platform that's truly open, it would be hard to set up a store since it might just be way too easy to download the pay-for-version of the game somewhere for free (aka, bootleg it).

Also, in my original post, when i said I can't install games not purchased on there, I meant I can't install games not purchased on there (OYUA store) not my google account. I never said that not having the play store was a deal breaker. It's just that they claimed it's an open system from the very very beginning and it's turning out to be less and less soo as time goes forward.[/QUOTE]

I think your definition of an open system is not the kinda open that they were advertising. They were advertising a system where anyone can make a game on it, using their own $99 Ouya, instead of having to pay thousands to other console makers to get a developer console. That is what they meant by open: anyone can make a game on it. Anyone can root it without repercussions. Whether this mean anyone can put any apps they want on it remains to be seen, although that could lead to a host of issues with pirated Android apps. As if that's not bad enough already.

As far as your stance on developer cuts, I'm kinda in agreement that it should be lower, but it could be a lot worse than it is. At least Ouya is with the norm.

I'm sure all of the people bitching about giving the developers a bigger cut buy games for full price on release day and never try to get free/discounted DLC, because otherwise they'd be hypocrites. This is FullPriced Gamer, right?

No one but the most dedicated Kickstarter fanboys will blow $100 on this POS over a real device (see: Smartphone, Tablet, PC/steambox, Xbox 360, PS3, nVidia Shield). There is 0 appeal to playing mobile games at home on a TV.

It is nice to make real money instead of being an OUYYY-YAA fanboy whoring himself out over an exaggerated android pc-on-a-stick.

[quote name='ElektroDragon']Why would anyone preorder this POS when Nvidia Shield will have Tegra 4 but this will have Tegra 3?[/QUOTE]

isnt the shield going to be like $999 it would seem this is going after a much different audience

edit. I think I am thinking about the tablet they are coming out with, but the shield still looks like it will be pricy when they do announce a price

[quote name='xRidley']No one but the most dedicated Kickstarter fanboys will blow $100 on this POS over a real device (see: Smartphone, Tablet, PC/steambox, Xbox 360, PS3, nVidia Shield). There is 0 appeal to playing mobile games at home on a TV.
.[/QUOTE]

That's quite a broad statement to make.

How is there 0 appeal? People are buying xbla and psn games, those types of games can easily be made on this system.

[quote name='xRidley']There is 0 appeal to playing mobile games at home on a TV.[/QUOTE]

Hopefully this -- combined with the other Android based consoles coming out and tablets that support using a controller -- will start a new portion of android games that are more like an actual console experience as opposed to just brainless time killers.

I'm with you, I don't want to play Angry Birds on my living room TV, but I think it's kind of dumb to think that developers are only going to make "mobile games" now that Android is spreading to devices like this that are clearly meant to provide a different experience than a phone.

I'm waiting to buy until there's specific games I'm interested in, but I really hope that we start to see some more titles in obscure genres from small developers start to flourish on Android.

[quote name='xRidley']No one but the most dedicated Kickstarter fanboys will blow $100 on this POS over a real device (see: Smartphone, Tablet, PC/steambox, Xbox 360, PS3, nVidia Shield). There is 0 appeal to playing mobile games at home on a TV.

It is nice to make real money instead of being an OUYYY-YAA fanboy whoring himself out over an exaggerated android pc-on-a-stick.[/QUOTE]

Here is the question I pose to those who think along the same lines (0 appeal to playing mobile games at home on a TV):

Have you made any attempt to research any of the games that are coming out on the OUYA? Let me leave a couple links here for some games that represent some of the really awesome gaming experiences you will find on the system. I want to try and break this pre-conceived notion that all you'll be getting on the OUYA are ports of mobile games already released.

Pier Solar HD (an HD version of a SEGA GENESIS game that was made in 2010!). Completely new art assets from the Genesis version, that mixes 16bit and high res HD art. Also coming to XBLA, PC, Wii U, etc.
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/573261866/pier-solar-hd-an-rpg-for-xbox360-pc-mac-linux-and

Mercenary Kings (reminiscent of SNK's Metal Slug with some loot/crafting elements, art done by the guy who worked on the Scott Pilgrim release on XBLA/PSN)
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/322438897/mercenary-kings

Volgarr the Viking (it's like Ghost n' Goblins meets Golden Axe!) I'm one their testers for this and their latest alpha build is highly addicting. This is definitely a solid action platformer.
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1829034266/volgarr-the-viking

Legend of Dungeon (four-player "couch co-op", side-scrolling dungeon-crawl)
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/robotloveskitty/legend-of-dungeon

What does the Ouya do that my PC can't do? Hell with Bluestacks I can even play Android games on a monitor/HDTV.
What does Ouya do that my Android tablet/smartphone can't do? They are BT compatible with the PS3 controller.
What does the Ouya do better than an Xbox360 (XBLA) or PS3?

I just don't get the point of it. It is a solution in search of a problem. Even cheap-ass $40 Blu-ray players include Netflix functionality..people say it would be a good replacement for HTPC but there are Android-on-a-sticks that can do that for

[quote name='xRidley']What does the Ouya do that my PC can't do? Hell with Bluestacks I can even play Android games on a monitor/HDTV.
What does Ouya do that my Android tablet/smartphone can't do? They are BT compatible with the PS3 controller.
What does the Ouya do better than an Xbox360 (XBLA) or PS3?

I just don't get the point of it. It is a solution in search of a problem. Even cheap-ass $40 Blu-ray players include Netflix functionality..people say it would be a good replacement for HTPC but there are Android-on-a-sticks that can do that for

[quote name='apolloimburning']Have you made any attempt to research any of the games that are coming out on the OUYA? Let me leave a couple links here for some games that represent some of the really awesome gaming experiences you will find on the system. I want to try and break this pre-conceived notion that all you'll be getting on the OUYA are ports of mobile games already released.

Pier Solar HD (an HD version of a SEGA GENESIS game that was made in 2010!). Completely new art assets from the Genesis version, that mixes 16bit and high res HD art. Also coming to XBLA, PC, Wii U, etc.
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/573261866/pier-solar-hd-an-rpg-for-xbox360-pc-mac-linux-and

Mercenary Kings (reminiscent of SNK's Metal Slug with some loot/crafting elements, art done by the guy who worked on the Scott Pilgrim release on XBLA/PSN)
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/322438897/mercenary-kings

Volgarr the Viking (it's like Ghost n' Goblins meets Golden Axe!) I'm one their testers for this and their latest alpha build is highly addicting. This is definitely a solid action platformer.
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1829034266/volgarr-the-viking

Legend of Dungeon (four-player "couch co-op", side-scrolling dungeon-crawl)
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/robotloveskitty/legend-of-dungeon[/QUOTE]

I don't think that a rebooted Genesis game really gives off the "whiz-bang" impression you're aiming for.

Its not just about mobile ports (though that does seem like a credible threat), its about ALL ports. There hasn't been anything out there that shows me that developers are interested in working with the Ouya as a priority system: everything seems to point to the Ouya being another stop in the mass distribution tour.

That of course leads to the most important question of all: why should I buy the game for the Ouya instead of one of the machines I already own? I have a modern console, a smartphone and a PC that's less than five years old: I'd imagine many people meet the same criteria (especially CAGs), and that seems to cover all of the bases that Ouya looks to capture.

XRidley said it well: the Ouya is a solution in search of a problem. I've seen people talking about how the Ouya opens the door for a "middle-market", but there already is a well-established mid-market: PC, XBLA, PSN, whatever the hell Wii U has, etc. The Ouya doesn't seem to be filling a niche so much as it just finding a spot at the trough.

It's a nifty system, but it's just so unnecessary, and I think people are over-hyping what doesn't seem to be more than another Android device.

If anyone cares, the ouya preorder is gold box friendly on amazon if you want to try to manipulate your recommendations to get it to show up for $5 off.

[quote name='iamsmart']but there already is a well-established mid-market: PC, XBLA, PSN, whatever the hell Wii U has, etc.[/QUOTE]

At least in the case of XBLA, indie games have a hard time there because of the insane charges for putting out updates. See Fez which is stuck in limbo because of this. And XBLIG has a lot of limitations: no achievements, no account support (there's only one set of saves for all users on the system), hard to get exposure, etc. OUYA will be inexpensive for Indie developers to work and release with.

Now if OUYA ends up being an Angry Birds console, that will be hugely disappointing, but I hope that isn't what happens.

[quote name='Salamando3000']If Indie developers really wanted to, they could just set up their own website and let users purchase the APK for their games directly. The stock android OS allows for sideloading of apps like that.[/QUOTE]

They could, but unless you have a ton of hype behind your game, 20% isn't much of a fee for a) product exposure and b) a store front that users already have credit cards registered at. Without that store front, you don't get the impulse buys.

Hackers made the Wii awesome, I'm sure they can do wonders for a console that is hacker friendly.

Indie developers aren't going to be lining up to develop for this console though. There will be little money to make on games released on the Ouya. We all know how homebrew, and jail broken devices are.

I have some interest since you can actually develop, but I feel $99 for an emulator is too much.

[quote name='ProppaT']They could, but unless you have a ton of hype behind your game, 20% isn't much of a fee for a) product exposure and b) a store front that users already have credit cards registered at. Without that store front, you don't get the impulse buys.[/QUOTE]

Oh, no argument. I was simply pointing out that if a developer really wanted to, there's no reason they couldn't put out a version on stock Android where they get 100%. Most developers realize though that for the 30% fee, they'll get more sales and hopefully more profit.

Bottom line - I am not dropping a single dime on this thing until it proves to me that its worth the money. People can argue all day long in regards to whether or not there is a need for it or whether or not its just a console for ports. Its pretty much all subjective.

Ouya can definitely talk the talk, now lets see if it can actually walk the walk. I can say one thing with absolute certainty and that is I would never buy a game for Ouya if the game is also available on Steam, Xbox Live Arcarde or the Playstation store. That to me makes no sense whatsoever. Given that fact, the only reason I could see buying it is if it had some killer exclusives and I just don't see that happening. Time will tell......

I would consider one for XBMC but I'll hold off on buying it at launch. No point being an early adopter these days.

[quote name='Naramie']I would consider one for XBMC but I'll hold off on buying it at launch. No point being an early adopter these days.[/QUOTE]

Funny you should say that, I don't think this would even exist without us early adopters ... :D

bread's done
Back