[OVER] THANK YOU INVOICES SOON Lowball Auction Wii U Mario Kart 8 Xbox 360 Call of duty games and more plus PS3 DS games and more 9:30CT 10:30 ET

I have not, actually. What did it entail?
Basically just people buying 3 copies a whack at Best Buy for $48, taking the codes for themselves or selling them, and trading them back in for $44.(which works great for the first 3 copies and it gives you double points on the purchases, and the trade-ins, goes towards Elite status, etc.) But once you hit the 3 per title trade limits you'd be selling them. I figure with the newer "greed/hoarder" generation we got going on here, people would be buying a lot of them. Once people figure out you cant sell them for the same $44 tag you trade in for, they'd be breaking even/losing money. Or she just stole them lol. But I figure she just bought a ton of them thinking to break up the game/code and max her profit.

2 weeks ago I saw her trade thread and sent her $40 paypal for Watch Dogs

She said she would send me the tracking info but never did

I tried file a dispute on paypal but I noticed the payment was sent as a gift instead of goods (didn't see an option)

Does anyone know how i can get my money back?
To have it removed you need to contact a mod. Pookymeister handles this thread, contact him and send you PMs to him along with an explanation of the mess. As far as your money is concerned, you are fuck out of luck since the type of payment it was, which leads me to...

Part of me wants to feel sorry for you, but the other half wants to make fun of you and call you a 'dumbass'. What should i do?

Well, duh... i'll be an ass. How in the fuck did you gift a payment to a CAG who had such a low feedback. Are you that dense? You've been here since 2007, i think you should know by now how shady some CAG(s) can be. YOU NEVER SEND GIFT PAYMENTS TO CAG YOU DON"T KNOW THAT WELL. The only thing you can do now to get your money back is to call customer service on Paypal and tell them it was mistake that you send the money through the gift option.
In defense of the user above, PP did revise their site and it is confusing (the merchant option is on the far left now). I would not contact PP about it since it breaches the ToS there.

I love ya like a brother DZA, and I am not calling you out. Just saying yo :beer: :D/

Sad part is, she has more feedback than I do.

tumblr_inline_mvm0f5qKyE1qc4i7h.jpg

I think this thread and Adriley's famous lowball should be stickied as WHAT NOT TO DO.

Also, this should be a lesson in what happens if you gift Paypal to people you do not know.

Not to cause a riot but I personally think if she was indeed blocked from sending PMS just 4 days after the lowball ended (2-3 days? not sure when it happened) a MOD or someone jumped the gun on it. Tons of things could have come up for some reason or another or that soon after a lowball has ended blocking PMS and forum access makes it 100% impossible to do anything if she wanted to.

All I see is one neg feedback from not paying in a lowball. That sucks and she got the feedback but no one lost anything and some people that still host lowballs currently have 1 neg feedback. It's possible she just backed out of this when the bids didn't get high but I don't believe that they were lower (or much lower) than what she sold MK8 for in her first lowball so I just don't think that is what happened.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not to cause a riot but I personally think if she was indeed blocked from sending PMS just 4 days after the lowball ended (2-3 days? not sure when it happened) a MOD or someone jumped the gun on it. Tons of things could have come up for some reason or another or that soon after a lowball has ended blocking PMS and forum access makes it 100% impossible to do anything if she wanted to.

All I see is one neg feedback from not paying in a lowball. That sucks and she got the feedback but no one lost anything and some people that still host lowballs currently have 1 neg feedback. It's possible she just backed out of this when the bids didn't get high but I don't believe that they were lower (or much lower) than what she sold MK8 for in her first lowball so I just don't think that is what happened.
At the same time, Ecy's case happened more than two weeks ago. I'm unsure what to think.

She also abused the neg. feedback in return to max with just a "not cool ,, not cool.,,"

EDIT: Have you guys not considered e-mailing her after all this happened to see if you could get a hold of her, after all?

Just with the way she ended the lowball and the attitude it evoked I just don't think she up and left. It seems like her lowball ban from the not paying in another lowball might have caused all this and happened at a bad time. I'm trying to get this to work.

If the people that paid her does have her email can you PM it to me so I can try and get something rolling that helps everyone out.

I do suggest not using that email to send nasty messages if you are indeed wanting things to come out okay.

To have it removed you need to contact a mod. Pookymeister handles this thread, contact him and send you PMs to him along with an explanation of the mess. As far as your money is concerned, you are fuck out of luck since the type of payment it was, which leads me to...

In defense of the user above, PP did revise their site and it is confusing (the merchant option is on the far left now). I would not contact PP about it since it breaches the ToS there.

I love ya like a brother DZA, and I am not calling you out. Just saying yo :beer: :D/
thanks

At the same time, Ecy's case happened more than two weeks ago. I'm unsure what to think.

She also abused the neg. feedback in return to max with just a "not cool ,, not cool.,,"

EDIT: Have you guys not considered e-mailing her after all this happened to see if you could get a hold of her, after all?
i did email her but she did not reply

Sad part is, she has more feedback than I do.

tumblr_inline_mvm0f5qKyE1qc4i7h.jpg
Well you should A) take pride in the fact you are doing it right and B) bid in my auctions when I have them :whistle2:

I am kind of confused about the non-pm thing, because (as far as I understand) that has nothing to do with a lowball ban. A lowball ban occurs when you break a rule concerning non-payment or not shipping an item, and is supposed to only block you from this part of the site.

I think that the lowball ban is a case of unfortunate timing, as she received it while she would have time (within a reasonable amount thereof) to wrap this one up. She did earn the lowball ban if she did not pay the other user (some people are very strict about that, where as others like myself are willing to let it go a bit longer), but losing the ability to message is odd.

Those whom have a negative fb and have lowball auctions did not receive the negative fb through an auction here, thus making it possible for them to participate.

And btw everyone, she is not banned from the site entirely. she was just online a minute ago.

EDIT- I just sent her a PM, so she can in fact receive and (I imagine) send them.

I also saw she was online but the neutral feedback she left one user was that she can't send PMS. I just can't imagine that would be a full on lie because if she did want to just up and run with some of the money why send the feedback? Why would she appear to be okay in the ending of the lowball post?

I'm sure if this ends badly with her just never talking to anyone I will become a grumpy person when I see other new lowball creators but it did appear she was getting her stuff together?

I'm also wondering how long the non-payment happened before the neg feedback was left.

Anyways I sent her an email explaining the situation and being very understanding and nice in it. If I get a reply I will hopefully get this mess sorted out and see if she can pay for the lowball as well.

I also saw she was online but the neutral feedback she left one user was that she can't send PMS. I just can't imagine that would be a full on lie because if she did want to just up and run with some of the money why send the feedback? Why would she appear to be okay in the ending of the lowball post?

I'm sure if this ends badly with her just never talking to anyone I will become a grumpy person when I see other new lowball creators but it did appear she was getting her stuff together?

I'm also wondering how long the non-payment happened before the neg feedback was left.

Anyways I sent her an email explaining the situation and being very understanding and nice in it. If I get a reply I will hopefully get this mess sorted out and see if she can pay for the lowball as well.
why can't a mod just unban her so she can access her PMs and explain herself?

Good man right here.

Another interesting idea- if she intended to rip off the folks in this lowball here, why come back to the site at all?

BTW that lowball ended on June 1st, and the negative left was done today. that's a fair amount of time I would say.

Well you should A) take pride in the fact you are doing it right and B) bid in my auctions when I have them :whistle2:
Pfft, maybe when you have something I want! :0

I do keep an eye out for your lowballs, I just can't always afford to spend money. Plus, there's fierce competition. <_<

I missed your last one because my network was down. I could only get online with WiFi devices...like the PS3 and Wii.

But it's cool, I still got some cash.

Wish I had some stuff to sell, but I traded a bunch of my old stuff away this week, I think the official oldest thing in my collection is PS2 now!

I'm not gonna lie, I'm still pretty concerned as to how she had multiple copies of MK8 and was STILL selling them.
GCU get them for ~$48 + tax (Z), remove CN code sell for ~$20 because of free game download, Sell game for $X X - (28 + Z) = y if y > 0, profit.

Small details (e.g. "all CN codes are used") can piece this together.

Piecing out a product as such can make profit, even if the whole is purchased for less, look at the UV selling forum, UVs from BD sell for ~$3.00 + ; If I can buy them at $5 or less, there is a local game store that gives $2-$3 in trade credit for a BD, so If I sell the codes at a high enough price...

Just FWIW, I was the winner of catwoman's first Lowball and she did send me the game promptly. I don't think I ever got feedback from her, but that's alright.

GCU get them for ~$48 + tax (Z), remove CN code sell for ~$20 because of free game download, Sell game for $X X - (28 + Z) = y if y > 0, profit.

Piecing out a product as such can make profit, even if the whole is purchased for less, look at the UV selling forum, UVs from BD sell for ~$3.00 + ; If I can buy them at $5 or less, there is a local game store that gives $2-$3 in trade credit for a BD, so If I sell the codes at a high enough price...
the logic of this post is fantastically brilliant :bow:

I mentioned this earlier but it wasn't nearly as though out/well put. Nice post.

the logic of this post is fantastically brilliant :bow:
in High School Algebra, our teacher made us learn how to code Ti Calculators I had a TI83 (+) not sure if + or not, but in college it served me well :D. Whenever my stats professor went over how to do different things, I made programs in my calculator, always got those quizzes and tests done fast :p

This logic can be used in an excel spreadsheet to calculate avg gains.

bread's done
Back