PAX Prime 2012 Thread: Post (your) PAX (impressions and pics) Edition!

My PAX experience so far: got there an hour before the doors opened and got herded into a big line. Waited an hour, trying to get 3DS street passes but my battery died as apparently I didn't plug it in properly last night. Then just as we started to move into the show, my son had to go to the bathroom. So we had to fight through the crowd to leave the floor and find a bathroom. Made it back it, played LBP karting for 5 minutes, got a shirt, and then played LBP Vita (no line for that). We checked out the Mojang stuff, and are now back at the hotel. My son wants to play Halo 4 but that is like a 2 hour wait.

Exhausted already and we've done almost nothing :lol:

We are heading to the Rooster Teeth panel now if anyone else is going. I can't get Wifi or 4G in the conv. Center to check stuff...

[quote name='soulvengeance']Damn this line is long. Yellow polo and black Xps bag if anyone wants to stalk me. :)[/QUOTE]

So I read the post and looked at the avatar and not the username and I've been looking for zenprime in a yellow polo all day.

[quote name='metaly']So I read the post and looked at the avatar and not the username and I've been looking for zenprime in a yellow polo all day.[/QUOTE]

Well boo to that. Anywho, enjoyed my first day, went to the aggro spouse panel, and the Razer keynote and enjoyed them both. Saw the demo for Dead Island Riptide and played some various games.

I passed cheapy going up to tge 6th floor of the convention center I was going to chase him down but I had a press appointment

Could if be that PAX is less crowded today? We are in the queue and there are still several lines empty with only 10 mins to go. Yesterday the whole thing was full by now.

I'm wearing a dark blue/light blue horizontal striped shirt and beige shorts and with my son in case any CAGs wanna say high. We are heading to Halo 4 first.

Yesterday was a lot of fun; the one low point was this guy next to me who talked on and off throughout Retrogame Roadshow. Managed to do the whole schedule except for the three overlapping maybes plus The 100 Yen Arcade (which was good) and played some Project P-100 at Nintendo's booth (it's awesome).

Going to try and meet up with JEKKI today; have already seen metaly, Pete, and zenprime. In a navy blue PetsOvernight.com/GTA 3 shirt today.

[quote name='io']Could if be that PAX is less crowded today? We are in the queue and there are still several lines empty with only 10 mins to go. Yesterday the whole thing was full by now.

I'm wearing a dark blue/light blue horizontal striped shirt and beige shorts and with my son in case any CAGs wanna say high. We are heading to Halo 4 first.[/QUOTE]

I said that same thing to the people in line. Yesterday was nuts. Maybe a swag rush so as not to lose out?

Ran into Cheapy at the nvida booth. Super awesome guy. Only saw the shipwrecks.

Hey guys, not at PAX but I was hoping someone could help a CAG out :)
I live over in Connecticut and was really hoping I could get my hands on that Borderlands 2 shirt they have over there (The Yellow & Blue one, Size Medium). Don't know if they're freebies or store stuff or what, but I wouldn't have much of a problem reimbursing you for costs if you were to pick one up for me. Maybe if you're willing you could PM me and we could talk about it a little more? Oh and ++Karma to ya ^_^

Sidenote: Super Jelly of you guys right now :3

Dude, you have to wait in line for like 2-4 hours to play Borderlands 2 to get the shirt. I haven't attempted that yet. And if I do, I'm keeping the shirt ;).

[quote name='io']Dude, you have to wait in line for like 2-4 hours to play Borderlands 2 to get the shirt. I haven't attempted that yet. And if I do, I'm keeping the shirt ;).[/QUOTE]

Aw jeeze, ya thought it may have been a $$ booth. Obviously don't want anyone to wait that long if they don't have to. Regardless it's a pretty badass shirt. I'll probably want some other goodies though too, so if anyone is willing to part with anything by the end of PAX (BL shirt or other) just send me a PM and I'll get back to you with $$.

Wife stood in line for four hours at the epic Mickey booth for the drawing, and I have to say it was worth it. Meanwhile, I got a stupid hat from the Intel badge thing. Anyone get anything cool from that?

[quote name='soulvengeance']Wife stood in line for four hours at the epic Mickey booth for the drawing, and I have to say it was worth it. Meanwhile, I got a stupid hat from the Intel badge thing. Anyone get anything cool from that?[/QUOTE]

I can't even find the prize patrol to get a ticket to get a stupid hat. When I stopped by the booth Friday they did give me a sweatshirt for wearing one of their Megamind buttons though.

If the line isn't too insane in the morning I'll do the Disney sketch thing.

Met JEKKI yesterday (he can't make the meetup, unfortunately) and did a bunch of other stuff :whee:

So far today, have seen the Community Managers/Trolls panel and Bananathon, as well as the AssCreedTrois preview at Ubi's booth. Best (easy to get) swag of the show so far have been the PvZ Wall Nut hats (which, actually, seem to be harder to get now...) and the Arkham City mini-artbooks.

Udon is having a deal on the artbooks at their booth now, but they're sold out of the Persona 3 one :whistle2:(

Also, god damn the air is funky today. A shower only takes five minutes people! Meetup CAGs, I seriously hope none of you are reeking of confunk, otherwise I might have to leave you behind.

As a reminder, we're meeting in front of Console Freeplay on the 6th floor at 6pm.

I am CLOSING RSVP REQUESTS. If kube00 changes his mind, I'll make an exception since he RSVP'd before, but THAT'S IT. Still have to plan ahead, even without reservations.

I am probably just going to come by to
say hello, but should probably have dinner with my parents since its the last night together.

[quote name='blueshinra']Met JEKKI yesterday (he can't make the meetup, unfortunately) and did a bunch of other stuff :whee:

So far today, have seen the Community Managers/Trolls panel and Bananathon, as well as the AssCreedTrois preview at Ubi's booth. Best (easy to get) swag of the show so far have been the PvZ Wall Nut hats (which, actually, seem to be harder to get now...) and the Arkham City mini-artbooks.

Udon is having a deal on the artbooks at their booth now, but they're sold out of the Persona 3 one :whistle2:(

Also, god damn the air is funky today. A shower only takes five minutes people! Meetup CAGs, I seriously hope none of you are reeking of confunk, otherwise I might have to leave you behind.

As a reminder, we're meeting in front of Console Freeplay on the 6th floor at 6pm.[/QUOTE]
Do you know if these posters were free or if you saw any?
394202_435999969771846_915740075_n.jpg

[quote name='CheapyD']I am probably just going to come by to
say hello, but should probably have dinner with my parents since its the last night together.[/QUOTE]

Have a safe flight home cheaply.

To all that skpped the TwitchTv cagcast missed cheapy's picture. What has been seen cannot be unseen.

Have as safe drive back kube00

I did not see that Poster gunnm

Attention meetup attendees!

We just want to make it super clear before the group heads off to the restaurant, that this is just an informal get-together and we'll all be splitting the check at the end :) Sadly no sponsors are involved ;)

As a reminder the plan is to gather in front of the Console Freeplay (not tourney or classic!) room on the 6th floor, at 6:00pm, then leave for the restaurant around 6:20.

I missed getting into both the 4pm panels that I wanted to and ended up heading home, since I'm a local. So instead of a meal with cheap asses, I'll make myself a cheap ass meal.

Yea it was a long 3+ hr drive home, I should have slept and made my wife drive.

Anyways it was great to meet some of you new faces at PAX, and really great to check out the live stream and meet CheapyD and the Shipwrecks. I will see all of you next year and maybe in Boston as well.

I do have to agree there was the nice smell of confunk in the air today, anyone score some crazy unique swag? I managed to attend one panel this yr vs the 2 previous years where I didnt go to anything. The Dishonored party was interesting as well, the food there was good.

Anyone want to see something but they didnt get to? For me it was Borderlands 2 and X-com.

^ I didn't realize you were at the CAGcast - should have found me kube. In case anyone wondered and didn't make the dinner, I was the one sitting near the front left next to my son who played Rekoil during the entire CAGcast ;).

I'll post some pics here when I get home.

My son had a good time though. He played Halo 4 twice (once at the MS booth and later at the MadCatz one). He saw the Minecraft panel. And he got his Minecraft sword signed by the Halo 4 panel and most of the Minecraft panel.

I got to play the WiiU and I know most CAGs are down on it, but it is exactly what I want: Nintendo games in HD. And, c'mon, it's freakin' Pikmin!

I'll echo what many others have said that the controller is very nice to hold and easy to use - nothing cumbersome about it.

Anyway, we have all our swag packed (after tossing most of the paper stuff) and are ready to have a leisurely day tomorrow and flight home tomorrow evening.

Oh yeah, one last thing: my 3DS registered 14,948 steps for Sunday. And that was the "easiest" day of the 3. It's just too bad Nintendo limits you to, what, 10 coins per day?

[quote name='Cursor']Yesterday was my first CAG meetup. It was good to meet/interact with some people from the communty.[/QUOTE]
I don't think I met you last night, or at least, I didn't get your CAG name (don't remember an RSVP from you either). Hi again ^^

Anyway, thanks to everyone who came out last night! This is just my second year doing this, and it's all been a learning process, so I hope to do a better job next year.

Some extra special thanks:
- Cheapy and the Shipwrecks for taking time out to say hi
- Cheapy for the group photo - http://twitter.com/CheapyD/statuses/242476405521264640
- EvilIA for suggesting Rock Bottom after we found out that Gordon Biersch wouldn't work out
- bitprophet for all his help in general

Also, cheers to metaly for the Cheesecake Factory desserts and Pete for the NiGHTS pins :D

Going to post some pics once I get home (currently at the Seattle airport), as well as more thoughts on the show in general, but for right now, I'm beat :p

It was great seeing everyone again, and meeting the new people! Thanks to blueshinra for organizing. kube and Jekki, you're on notice to show up next year!

Still trying to process everything I saw this weekend, but overall it was an amazing three days. (PAX is 1000000x better when you're not sick the whole time.) I'll post some thoughts and photos over the week, plus a recap podcast on Thursday.

DmC + Lost Planet 3 = joint Game of Show winners. Didn't even have to play them, they automatically won.

[quote name='blueshinra']
Also, cheers to metaly for the Cheesecake Factory desserts[/QUOTE]

Wait, what did I miss here? :lol:

So tired today. Have to unpack, sort through swag, and do some typical errand-type stuff. Will post some thoughts on the show once I'm more awake :p

[quote name='io']Wait, what did I miss here? :lol:[/QUOTE]
That was on Thursday night; bitprophet and I met up with metaly and went out to dinner, where poutine was discussed (it was on the menu at the place we went to, and we were like, WTF?) :lol: Afterwards, we went to the Cheesecake Factory for dessert; since we picked up his dinner tab, metaly got our dessert one :)

[quote name='blueshinra']
That was on Thursday night; bitprophet and I met up with metaly and went out to dinner, where poutine was discussed (it was on the menu at the place we went to, and we were like, WTF?) :lol: Afterwards, we went to the Cheesecake Factory for dessert; since we picked up his dinner tab, metaly got our dessert one :)[/QUOTE]

Gotcha...

My son sorted out all the swag last night when we got home. After he took nearly half of it to his room and gave his little brothers and sister some more of it, there wasn't much left for me ;).

I also realized after I got home I completely failed to get anything for his big sister. But given that she is 15 and not into video games at all, it would have been hard for me to drop $20+ on some shirt only to have her think it was hideous and never wear it. But I probably could have gotten her something at one of the oddball merchant booths where they just had random Japanese-style T-shirts. The thing is, even then I wouldn't know if she would think it was cool or completely nerdy. So I guess I did the right thing my playing it safe. She just wants iTunes money in return for the oversight - I can deal with that ;).

I am so glad some random person handed us their ZombieU mask on the way out of the hall on the last day - my 4 year-old has been running all over the house saying "Braaiiins" and randomly hissing while wearing the mask. Good times...

did all my numbers, I spent a total of $186.xx just on food alone...

and miraculously I did not come home with a gut!!!

thank you Seattle for all the walking!!

And this is why I brought as much swag home as I did (note that the Skylanders shirt was something we bought before PAX at Target or Fred Meyer ;)):

[quote name='kube00']Ughh swag sorted, PR emails sent, and somehow Ive got the PAX sickness....[/QUOTE]

I came out of it unscathed, which is really kind of amazing. I spend nearly all school year (which starts next week) sick, though, since my kids go to 4 different schools. Maybe I had some immunity built up to whatever was present at PAX ;).

PAX was awesome, and it was great getting to meet you guys!

[quote name='pete5883']If it's anything like East, most of the places in the area won't be taking reservations.[/QUOTE]
In hindsight, I was way off on this. Didn't realize that there were so many more restaurants around Prime than East.

bread's done
Back