Persona 4: Released and Ready 2 Play! Metacritic Score -- A Whoppin' 93!!!

They mention it when they talk about the main character in the character description stuff in the first few pages of the book, and they then hint to it when they talk about the final boss.

I just died twice in the Secret Laboratory, one of those times I had double EXP on from an arcana chance :(. Got ambushed by an enemy the first time, second time was just bad luck. So I said fuck it, I'll start over tomorrow.

Whoa awesome. Just unlocked the Slutty Nurse Social Link. Its already Sept 27th though. I don't think I'll have enough time to max many of my social links. I just maxed the first one with Chie. Although Yumi and Yukiko are at level 9, most everyone else is pretty low.

Yeah, I screwed up Slutty Nurse like hardcore. I get to the end of November and decide to try out a job for the lulz. Then I find out that not only is the hospital job an S-link, but the daycare and the tutoring are too. I was raging pretty hardcore once I found that out, because all my other jobs resulted in nothing but money and status increases and there was nothing to indicate doing other jobs would lead to S-links.

My current three I'm using for my second play through. I'm a sucker for Cool Breeze and Spell Master.

Picture002Medium.jpg

Picture003Medium.jpg

Picture004Medium.jpg

[quote name='Rodimus']An interesting tidbit of info: The mythological gods Izanagi & Orpheus share a similar story in that they both decended into the underworld in order to save their spouse only to tragically lose them in their attempt. I just found it intersting since both are the main characters starting Persona in their respective games. I wonder if it's a coincidence or the creators specificlly wanted a tragic mythological god as the MCs Persona?

As you may tell I'm bored at work.[/QUOTE]

If you find stuff like that interesting you should look into this book I bought last year. Its as an RPG fan(and a mytho nerd)extremely interesting. Its called The Element Encyclopedia of Magical Creatures: The Ultimate A-Z of Fantastic Beings From Myth and Magic

http://www.amazon.com/Element-Encyclopedia-Magical-Creatures-Fantastic/dp/140273543X

It has a list of like every freaking mythological creature ever created then info on each and every one of them. Some of them only get a paragraph but some of the definitions stretch on for pages. I havnt really broke it out for Persona yet(god ill never stop reading the damn thing with the way SMT uses mythos)but I did for a number of RPGs and its amazing how many creatures you would think developers just dreamt up are actually have real life history that's extremely interesting.

There are a few other books in the line as well such as the encylopedia of 5,000 spells but they are not nearly as cool.

[quote name='pete5883']No Trumpeter? All those resistances are :drool:[/QUOTE]

His stats are weak in comparrison.

For my second play through, I don't need resistances at the early dungeons, just using the most powerful Personas to stomp through the shadows quickly.

[quote name='DarkSageRK']Wait... can you summon any Persona from the Compedium regardless of your level on the second playthrough?[/QUOTE]

Yep. You just can't fuse them (still have to meet the level requirements), but buying them at any level is an option.

[quote name='zewone']Yep. You just can't fuse them (still have to meet the level requirements), but buying them at any level is an option.[/quote]

AGGGGGGHHHHH

I really wish I'd have known that before I saved my clear file.

Well, at least this gives me another reason to play through the game again. Thanks for the info.

So I'm only about 53 hours in, but it feels like I'm at the final boss.
Rescuing Nanako
Am I really close to being finished?

[quote name='Jest']So I'm only about 53 hours in, but it feels like I'm at the final boss.
Rescuing Nanako
Am I really close to being finished?[/QUOTE]

Two more dungeons. The next dungeon is the longest. You still have plenty to do.

Jebus... Any tips for fighting the Heaven boss?

And I need a good < lvl 60 Wind persona. I'm still using Titania >.

[quote name='Jest']Jebus... Any tips for fighting the Heaven boss?

[quote name='Ski Hawk']Wow, I've died in the Secret Lab 4 fucking times. QUIT fuckING KILLING ME GAME. I AM NOT THAT UNDERLEVELED[/QUOTE]

What level are your guys?

[quote name='Jest']Jebus... Any tips for fighting the Heaven boss?

I used all my Magic Mirrors on the last boss :p I tried that same tactic with Makarakan but the boss has a move that dispells it. I just grinded out some more, but the monsters on the higher floors aren't giving me much exp anymore. Its the second last day so I just gotta hunker down and get lucky.

[quote name='Ski Hawk']About low 40s[/QUOTE]

You need to grind some moar and probably get better Personas. My MC was like 53 before finishing that dungeon, and 55 after the dungeon's bonus boss.

[quote name='thelonepig']Magic Mirrors. :twisted:

Wait until the boss does an atmosphere shift, then have everyone use a magic mirror. Boss rolled over two rounds after the first atmosphere shift.[/QUOTE]

Pisses me off that Magic Mirrors and Diamond Shields only cover one person instead of the party like in Persona 3.

Well, I plan on leveling more, although I really have no idea how skill inheritance works. I basically just click around and see what my options are. I've always had a knack for beating games underleveled, so hopefully I can do it again. (Was about 5 levels under what the guide recommended for the Void Quest boss, although that was a brutal fight).

If only I wouldn't have died when I had double EXP going. I was leveling up nearly every fight.

crap!! I read that after certain dates, certain S.Links become unavailable...

my hopes of maxing everybody in one game is now crushed :bomb:

I havent even been able to begin Tower S.Link either!! and I'm in November now (dungeon 6)

jus when u think u learned all these tricks from Persona 3, P4 still manages to find a way to make it hard for you and u never realize it until it's too late

I credits are rolling.. spoiler alert

What the SHAQ-FU! I must have got the "bad ending". The idiot just up and leaves! I'm seriously pretty pissed right now. I was almost certain I was going to go back into the TV to fight that shadow Namatame and get rid of all fog in Inaba. fuck.

[quote name='Jest']I credits are rolling.. spoiler alert

What the SHAQ-FU! I must have got the "bad ending". The idiot just up and leaves! I'm seriously pretty pissed right now. I was almost certain I was going to go back into the TV to fight that shadow Namatame and get rid of all fog in Inaba. fuck.
[/QUOTE]

That's the bad ending. You basically need a guide to get the normal ending, and than, you need to do something else to get the true ending.

fuck. I wish I had time to play RPGs like I used too... Good thing I saved the final one in a different slot :p Just need to beat that damn boss again and follow a guide for a normal ending.

[quote name='JEKKI']crap!! I read that after certain dates, certain S.Links become unavailable...

my hopes of maxing everybody in one game is now crushed :bomb:

I havent even been able to begin Tower S.Link either!! and I'm in November now (dungeon 6)

jus when u think u learned all these tricks from Persona 3, P4 still manages to find a way to make it hard for you and u never realize it until it's too late[/quote]

That's bad, I also haven't started tower... I assume it's the tutoring one? (I don't have max understanding yet). I'm aiming to max as many as I can and ignore others unless I have nothing else to do (starting with females and team members), possibly ignoring Kanji (I forget about him since he's in the practice building and he sucks in fights - at least the little I have used him).

I have the Secret Laboratory next, hopefully it won't be too painful :pray:

Just started the game today and I am enjoying the hell out of it. Some things I like more then Persona 3 some I dont(music being my biggest one but its still damn good)have to say this again confirms Dead of KNight is out of her damned mind(joking love ya hon).

The music in P4 is worse than in P3? Oh god. The music in P3 was terrible, I was ready to stab my ears out by the end of it. Great, something to look forward to. Sigh.

[quote name='Vegan']The music in P4 is worse than in P3? Oh god. The music in P3 was terrible, I was ready to stab my ears out by the end of it. Great, something to look forward to. Sigh.[/QUOTE]

Well most others seem to like it better just not me soooooo

[quote name='Mr. Beef']Kanji's good in fights, just not boss fights. I take him through a dungeon, then swap him out before the boss.[/quote]

This is true. There's not many boss fights were he comes in handy. With that said I think he's overall the weakest of all your teammates. And it's too bad cause I really like the character.

[quote name='MSI Magus']Just started the game today and I am enjoying the hell out of it. Some things I like more then Persona 3 some I dont(music being my biggest one but its still damn good)have to say this again confirms Dead of KNight is out of her damned mind(joking love ya hon).[/QUOTE]

Wait, you made all these posts in this thread about how good the game is and saying my opinions are WRONG without even playing the game?

fuck you, good sir.

Why do people think it's a good idea to hassle DoK?

I really like Kenji, but dammit I wish he had just a bit more magic damage this early in the game. I still love the one scene with him where the main character and he were eating noodles. I forget exactly what they were talking about, but Kenji ended the scene by saying "I'm gonna RENOVATE your ass!"

[quote name='Mr. Beef']Why do people think it's a good idea to hassle DoK?

I really like Kenji, but dammit I wish he had just a bit more magic damage this early in the game. I still love the one scene with him where the main character and he were eating noodles. I forget exactly what they were talking about, but Kenji ended the scene by saying "I'm gonna RENOVATE your ass!"[/QUOTE]

I love Kanji. His most frequent battle quote when I played the game was "COME ON DOWN!!" Always made me think of this:
rod1.jpg

Heheh, I had nearly forgotten about that. It kinda loses its impact when Kanji has a huge, happy smile on his face, though.

I'm at Magatsu town right now. I've been using Chie, Akiko, and Naoto since I got him. All in the low 60s. I'm going to try to level up Teddie to replace Chie and Yosuke to replace Naoto (haven't really decided on that one) before the boss. Not much time and I still need to max Yosuke and Rise's S Links if I set that as my party.

So what is everyone's main party?

EDIT: fuck what I said. Its too hard to level these bastards now, lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Yosuke, Chie, Yukiko.

Chie was pretty useless, so I traded her for Naoto, who was also useless. I ended up putting Chie back in.

I think I'm going to try out Teddie on my second go round.

Most of characters in this game have some sort of use. I find Naoto be the most useless. Her death spells maybe good on normal enemies(if they arn't immune to them), but when it comes to bosses she is horrendous. The only offensive she got against a boss is almighty spell coupled with misplaced mind charged(the only ally with this skill). Almighty spell doesn't pack much of punch compare to elemental counterpart without boost, amp or equipment. High cost of spell doesn't help either. They should of dump that skill to character that can fully utilize that skill such as Teddy, Yosuke or Yukiko.

Also, I find it strange that Kaiji have absurd amount of strength with low magic stats, yet he's coupled with high-end elemental attacks. He got some good physical skills like Primial Force and attack buff, but it's not enough to compensate lackluster physical skill line up. He should at least have a power charge with some passive defensive skills.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']Wait, you made all these posts in this thread about how good the game is and saying my opinions are WRONG without even playing the game?

fuck you, good sir.[/QUOTE]

I said right from the start that I hadnt played the game and that I wasnt trying to judge it. I was going by the fact that at all the forums I post at and out of the dozens of reviews I had read/watched you and game informer were the only 2 that had anything bad to say about the game. Added with the fact that everyone was saying this was mostly Persona 3 with some new additions but the additions, story and music were all better.....and again wasnt judging the game but saying it was hard to believe it wasnt going to be a game worthy of higher then a freaking 7.25 and an 8.

bread's done
Back