Play Uncharted 3 at select AMC theatres (NY, LA, SF, DC, Dallas) and get early copy

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Update: The event is now over, I hope those that attended enjoyed themselves! If you haven't received a confirmation email, send your inquiries to: [email protected]

I wasn't sure if this is the right section but it's sort of a cool deal for those in the qualifying area. Naughty Dog has partnered with AMC theatres to have an event from Oct 18th - 20th where you can play Uncharted 3 in select theaters in 3D, and win prizes from Sony, and much more.

The general admission is $25 to participate, BUT if you pay the $60 instead for the Premium pass you'll also have a copy of UC3 mailed to you early (shipped via Fed Ex on Oct. 25th). To Clarify since some below were confused: You don't have to pay $85, the $60 premium entry also includes general admission.

Pretty cool if you were planning to buy the game anyway! Odds are you'll be walking out of there with plenty of free swag :cool:

To Buy tickets online just go through one of the theater links below, OR easier go directly to the UC3 Fandango Page (linked underneath this paragraph), enter your zip and choose the date you want. Some theaters don't have purchase links up yet (like Century City for ex) so you'll either have to wait till they do, or try and get them in person. There's also a $1.50 convenience charge if buying on Fandango, but thankfully no taxes:

Buy Tickets from Fandango HERE (not all theatres go through Fandango some go through movietickets.com so click the theater links below for those)

UPDATE: The thread has now been Wikified, below you'll find a list of all the theares and showtimes. Feel free to post which one you're attending to plan any meetups or whatever. Feel free to re-organize the list structure!

MKT_1401_Uncharted_header.jpg
Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception: PLAY IT FIRST IN 3D

On October 18, 19, 20, take part in a one-of-a-kind entertainment experience from PlayStation. UNCHARTED 3: Drake's Deception: PLAY IT FIRST IN 3D is happening exclusively at select AMC Theatres. This is your chance to play one of the most highly-anticipated video game releases of the year on the big screen and in 3D before it releases. These unique events include:

• An inside look at the game from the development team at Naughty Dog
  • A multiplayer tournament
  • In-theatre gaming shown on the big screen in 3D
  • PlayStation and Sony prize giveaways all night long
Get the game before it releases with the UNCHARTED 3 Premium Pass.*
Tickets are on sale now while supplies last, so get yours today!

• General Admission: $25
  • UNCHARTED 3 Premium Pass: $60
Participating Theatres:

* Pass includes (1) game copy and shipping. One (1) copy of UNCHARTED 3: Drake's Deception will be shipped to customer on 10/25/11 via FedEx. Customer will be required to register at the event and provide a valid residential shipping address. We are unable to ship to P.O. boxes, customer will be required to sign for package upon delivery.

SOURCE
Who's Attending

Feel free to drop your username at the event you're going to. Add any other communication info you want in parentheses​

San Francisco
18th:
19th: MunkichioO, Oddeye
20th:

Los Angeles
18th: SecretAgentHam
19th: Metalh123, jantzn
20th:

D.C.
18th: msriflegirl, DeskLaser, phogoodness, youngnoble
19th: ajumbaje, buckythekat
20th:

NYC
18th: Serpentor, Dannya25, Blehza, Quest1962, jiggyteddy
19th: iguss
20th: Dramasetter929, randy_wrecked, pete5883

Dallas
18th: aramsey1986
19th: mkernan
20th: TommyTSquared

Last edited by a moderator:
knowing fedex, im going have to wake up early and wait all day since u never know when they are going to ship, prob going to get my copy at 6pm....

[quote name='dannya25']does anyone know if the multiplayer going to be open when we get our copies?[/QUOTE]

Well it's open now through the Subway promotion. I don't know if that's using different servers from the retail copy though, but it's said to be the retail multiplayer portion of the game.

I think it'll depend if PSN will accept our PSN Pass code. Uncharted 2 multiplayer servers were up when we got early copies but it was difficult to find people to play.

[quote name='dannya25']knowing fedex, im going have to wake up early and wait all day since u never know when they are going to ship, prob going to get my copy at 6pm....[/QUOTE]
Really? wow hopefully THAT wont happen. Fedex is pretty good at getting items shipped before 12 in my area

[quote name='jonnysniper']Just wanted to let you guys know that my tracking number is now working and it is on its way. wooo![/QUOTE]

They wouldn't, by chance, use your phone number as a reference number would they?

[quote name='WebScud']They wouldn't, by chance, use your phone number as a reference number would they?[/QUOTE]
Not for me I had to email them for tracking number

[quote name='jonnysniper']Not for me I had to email them for tracking number[/QUOTE]

That's what I thought. I shot them an email, but it probably too late.

[quote name='WebScud']That's what I though. I shot them an email, but it probably too late.[/QUOTE]

Someone on GAF emailed it like 30 minutes ago and he got a tracking number within 3 minutes.

[quote name='Wario64']Someone on GAF emailed it like 30 minutes ago and he got a tracking number within 3 minutes.[/QUOTE]

You were right.

The game was shipped on 10/25 via two day air; you will receive the game on 10/27. Your Collector's Edition will be shipped separately.

Thanks!

They didn't give me a tracking number, but I'll survive.

I paid for the $60 Premium Pass, which gets me the standard edition, and then won the multiplayer tournament, which get's me the collector's edition.

I hoped that they would arrive together so I could gift the standard copy to my brother for Christmas.

[quote name='WebScud']I paid for the $60 Premium Pass, which gets me the standard edition, and then won the multiplayer tournament, which get's me the collector's edition.

I hoped that they would arrive together so I could gift the standard copy to my brother for Christmas.[/QUOTE]

Did they give you an ETA for the CE? I also won the tournament and like you, was hoping to receive them at the same time.

I'll send them an email as well asking the same question and hope they respond quickly.

[quote name='WebScud']I paid for the $60 Premium Pass, which gets me the standard edition, and then won the multiplayer tournament, which get's me the collector's edition.

I hoped that they would arrive together so I could gift the standard copy to my brother for Christmas.[/QUOTE]

Just keep your standard copy and give the CE copy to your brother. I bet it'll be identical. Well except for maybe a NOT FOR RESALE tag over where the bar code is.

Damn all you AMC'ers and your getting a copy early~! :p I won the CE from Subway and have no idea if it's coming or not. Sadface is me. Wish I could've gone to one of these just for the experience. Sounds fun!

[quote name='Wario64']Just keep your standard copy and give the CE copy to your brother. I bet it'll be identical. Well except for maybe a NOT FOR RESALE tag over where the bar code is.[/QUOTE]

The CE version's game disk doesn't come in the standard UC3 case; it comes in a classy steelbook, so that wouldn't work, though there are other simple workarounds, such as just gifting the standard one opened. A free game's a free game!

[quote name='Kitoro']The CE version's game disk doesn't come in the standard UC3 case; it comes in a classy steelbook, so that wouldn't work, though there are other simple workarounds, such as just gifting the standard one opened. A free game's a free game![/QUOTE]

Ah, you're right.

[quote name='Kitoro']The CE version's game disk doesn't come in the standard UC3 case; it comes in a classy steelbook, so that wouldn't work, though there are other simple workarounds, such as just gifting the standard one opened. A free game's a free game![/QUOTE]

[quote name='Wario64']Ah, you're right.[/QUOTE]

My only concern is the online pass code. I'm sure it'll be the same, though.

I have responded back to [email protected] and have received nothing in response. 8 emails in 3 days and nothing! I'm so furious you guys got lucky. Some of you got responses so quickly about tracking numbers. While I've got nothing, but the anger and depression that goes along with disappointment.

[quote name='shinobi2u']I think he meant that we should have gotten the game at the event, which I was secretly hoping for as well. It'd save them on a lot of shipping.[/QUOTE]
Indeed. Oh well, less than half a day to wait!

[quote name='WebScud']Considering review embargoes weren't lifted at that point, I wasn't expecting it.[/QUOTE]
I thought someone in this thread said that the winners of the tourney got the CE that night? I'm guessing he was mistaken though, since I don't remember seeing anything other than an empty cardboard box for the CE at my AMC event. Still, they did give UC 2 (for free!) at the event 2 years ago, right? Now they're charging us full price yet make us wait, it just seems odd to me.

The difference with the UC2 event was that no one expected to get free copies of UC2; it was a huge surprise at a free event, so there was little chance of a catastrophe.

With UC3, it was heavily advertised as a selling point for the event, so having copies on-hand could have inspired theft and idiotic armed robbery, as well as liars who would claim that they never got their copy, and the like, among tons of other possibilities.

That would be too much pressure for Sony to set on AMC's shoulders.

[quote name='Kitoro']The difference with the UC2 event was that no one expected to get free copies of UC2; it was a huge surprise at a free event, so there was little chance of a catastrophe.

With UC3, it was heavily advertised as a selling point for the event, so having copies on-hand could have inspired theft and idiotic armed robbery, as well as liars who would claim that they never got their copy, and the like, among tons of other possibilities.

That would be too much pressure for Sony to set on AMC's shoulders.[/QUOTE]

That at it was only one, invite-only event if I recall. Based on the surveys we got this time, I'm pretty sure Sony is looking to make this a regular thing for AAA games.

...And now the FedEx waiting game begins.

[quote name='dannya25']Just got my copy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/QUOTE]

Lucky! Now, where is my delivery!? I need a tracking number for the truck delivering my package hehe.

Damn, you're lucky! I shoot them an e-mail, I want to track the damn thing myself. It's after 12 noon and still nothing, six more hours to go...

Hi,I just got mine,but back of game case is damaged.It looks like they did on purpose for preventing resale.btw I'm in NY

2nd person got it! Let me the 3rd!

When I won one of the raffle Ps3 games, the back barcode area was damaged too. I hope they forget it on my copy of Uncharted. I want mine looking nice, and pretty. Besides, I would think since we paid premium it would count as us buying it.

same as my UC3 copy,so it was on purpose

[quote name='ceve2001']2nd person got it! Let me the 3rd!

When I won one of the raffle Ps3 games, the back barcode area was damaged too. I hope they forget it on my copy of Uncharted. I want mine looking nice, and pretty. Besides, I would think since we paid premium it would count as us buying it.[/QUOTE]

Apparently mine is waiting for me at home. The delivery guy just left it at the door and didn't ask for a signature or knock for that matter.

[quote name='ajumbaje']Got my copy. Starhawk code doesnt work though[/QUOTE]

Uhh, the beta is not until sometime next year.

Prize logic must have really hated the barcode on my copy. It looks like they slashed it three times piercing the actual plastic case itself. Good thing the disc is situated higher up or it would have damaged it for sure.

[quote name='QPitty']Apparently mine is waiting for me at home. The delivery guy just left it at the door and didn't ask for a signature or knock for that matter.[/QUOTE]
what time does fedex deliver until

wow

according to tracking Fedex left my copy on my porch 15 minutes ago

I've been home this entire time, they didn't even ring the doorbell (and somehow didn't alert my dogs)

edit: same as everyone else, they cut at the UPC though on my copy they didn't actually damage the UPC so much so I could just swap it to another case and it'd look fine

also has a sticker saying multiplayer won't be available until 11/1/2011

[quote name='Jimmienoman']So first impressions of those that get it.

Is it worthy of the fabled 10 that keeps being whispered around?[/QUOTE]

I played the first chapter and some of the second to try it out. It's pretty epic so far.

I decided to WFH so I could be here to sign for my game, but it looks like I could have gone into the office...which I definitely needed because I am not being nearly as productive as I should be. I guess I should get off CAG huh..*shame*

Edit: Just got my copy...not exactly happy about the huge gash through the UPC...

bread's done
Back