Play Uncharted 3 at select AMC theatres (NY, LA, SF, DC, Dallas) and get early copy

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Update: The event is now over, I hope those that attended enjoyed themselves! If you haven't received a confirmation email, send your inquiries to: [email protected]

I wasn't sure if this is the right section but it's sort of a cool deal for those in the qualifying area. Naughty Dog has partnered with AMC theatres to have an event from Oct 18th - 20th where you can play Uncharted 3 in select theaters in 3D, and win prizes from Sony, and much more.

The general admission is $25 to participate, BUT if you pay the $60 instead for the Premium pass you'll also have a copy of UC3 mailed to you early (shipped via Fed Ex on Oct. 25th). To Clarify since some below were confused: You don't have to pay $85, the $60 premium entry also includes general admission.

Pretty cool if you were planning to buy the game anyway! Odds are you'll be walking out of there with plenty of free swag :cool:

To Buy tickets online just go through one of the theater links below, OR easier go directly to the UC3 Fandango Page (linked underneath this paragraph), enter your zip and choose the date you want. Some theaters don't have purchase links up yet (like Century City for ex) so you'll either have to wait till they do, or try and get them in person. There's also a $1.50 convenience charge if buying on Fandango, but thankfully no taxes:

Buy Tickets from Fandango HERE (not all theatres go through Fandango some go through movietickets.com so click the theater links below for those)

UPDATE: The thread has now been Wikified, below you'll find a list of all the theares and showtimes. Feel free to post which one you're attending to plan any meetups or whatever. Feel free to re-organize the list structure!

MKT_1401_Uncharted_header.jpg
Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception: PLAY IT FIRST IN 3D

On October 18, 19, 20, take part in a one-of-a-kind entertainment experience from PlayStation. UNCHARTED 3: Drake's Deception: PLAY IT FIRST IN 3D is happening exclusively at select AMC Theatres. This is your chance to play one of the most highly-anticipated video game releases of the year on the big screen and in 3D before it releases. These unique events include:

• An inside look at the game from the development team at Naughty Dog
  • A multiplayer tournament
  • In-theatre gaming shown on the big screen in 3D
  • PlayStation and Sony prize giveaways all night long
Get the game before it releases with the UNCHARTED 3 Premium Pass.*
Tickets are on sale now while supplies last, so get yours today!

• General Admission: $25
  • UNCHARTED 3 Premium Pass: $60
Participating Theatres:

* Pass includes (1) game copy and shipping. One (1) copy of UNCHARTED 3: Drake's Deception will be shipped to customer on 10/25/11 via FedEx. Customer will be required to register at the event and provide a valid residential shipping address. We are unable to ship to P.O. boxes, customer will be required to sign for package upon delivery.

SOURCE
Who's Attending

Feel free to drop your username at the event you're going to. Add any other communication info you want in parentheses​

San Francisco
18th:
19th: MunkichioO, Oddeye
20th:

Los Angeles
18th: SecretAgentHam
19th: Metalh123, jantzn
20th:

D.C.
18th: msriflegirl, DeskLaser, phogoodness, youngnoble
19th: ajumbaje, buckythekat
20th:

NYC
18th: Serpentor, Dannya25, Blehza, Quest1962, jiggyteddy
19th: iguss
20th: Dramasetter929, randy_wrecked, pete5883

Dallas
18th: aramsey1986
19th: mkernan
20th: TommyTSquared

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='WebScud']They damaged the games? WTF? We actually paid for these. :bs:

Does this mean my collector's edition is going to be fucked too? :puke:[/QUOTE]

Probably not, i bet that's why CE is separate. They have to wait till official release date i assume, and im sure CE's arent being given out as a promo copy. These slashed barcode copies are essentially promo copies

[quote name='WebScud']They damaged the games? WTF? We actually paid for these. :bs:

Does this mean my collector's edition is going to be fucked too? :puke:[/QUOTE]

Actually you paid for a premium pass to go to the event, the game just comes as a free bonus :D

I don't see this as them damaging the game though, I think that's a little dramatic. They're just trying to prevent these early copies from being resold/traded in. From the sounds of it, they could have done a better job in that respect. Perhaps put a sticker over the real UPC or something

[quote name='Wario64']Probably not, i bet that's why CE is separate. They have to wait till official release date i assume, and im sure CE's arent being given out as a promo copy. These slashed barcode copies are essentially promo copies[/QUOTE]

The CE's of Infamous 2 in the Subway contest were shipped out later than the regular edition and none of the barcodes were slashed on the CE's. You may be right, and I believe prize logic handled both that contest, and the copies from this event.

If I went, I'd consider selling it at a premium just because I don't mind waiting a little to play it. Plus, I won a copy from Subway so that would make it even easier to part with, assuming the price is right.

I couldn't make it.

I was originally going so that I could get an early copy to gift to my younger cousin. She recently got diagnosed with leukemia, and this would have been perfect for her.

I am still looking on cl and try to find one at a more reasonable price. She will totally be surprised if I pull this off.

Jiggyteddy, where are you? NYC? PM me if you're interested. And no, I'm not the one selling $150 on CL. Sorry to hear about your cousin, if I can make her smile, I don't mind waiting till next week to play.

[quote name='riptidewahoo']kinda bummed out about the slashed UPC... negates any future trade in value, but i don't ever really see myself trading this in :)[/QUOTE]

gamestop dont care

[quote name='Ecofreak']Mine arrived this afternoon as well. Too bad MP doesn't start till release date. :whistle2:([/QUOTE]

Mulltiplayers live we just need to get everyone on for it to work! i recieved mine about an hour ago. Starting the Campaign since the MP is dead.

[quote name='Distrato']I'm still waiting on mine :( it sucks because my friend got his hours ago.[/QUOTE]

yup me to the fedex manis gonna drop by between now and 3

Decided to get something really quick in the grocery store. Came back, and found my Uncharted game! I got my shipment, my brothers, and my friend. They are working, so they put down my address, so I can sign it for them.

Just received mine, bit of a nasty gash on the bar code but easliy fixable with a new case. I don't plan on flipping or trading in so the small blemish on the barcode doesn't bother me too much, still though, there are better ways to do this :whistle2:\ Now, I wonder when I'll receive my CE, gash free hopfully

[quote name='ssjmichael']Actually you paid for a premium pass to go to the event, the game just comes as a free bonus :D[/QUOTE]

It's not a free bonus. There were two reasons for upgrading: getting an entry in to the multiplayer and getting the game. If the premium pass cost $25, like the standard pass, then it would have been a free bonus.

It was an extra $35 for the tournament entry and copy of the game.

[quote name='WebScud']It's not a free bonus. There were two reasons for upgrading: getting an entry in to the multiplayer and getting the game. If the premium pass cost $25, like the standard pass, then it would have been a free bonus.

It was an extra $35 for the tournament entry and copy of the game.[/QUOTE]

I was mostly kidding around with regards to semantics. Like, you didn't pay $60 for the game, you paid $60 specifically for a premium pass which happened to include a copy of the game as part of that premium pass entry. I know most, if not everyone, bought the pass just to get the game of course.

[quote name='riptidewahoo']true, but i stopped doing all business with gamestop long ago :([/QUOTE]

you can also trade a disc only copy to best buy, i did that with my black ops PS3

i'm still jelly this never came to Boston :/ i could have had Uncharted 3 right now :(

For whoever was asking about the game being a perfect 10, I would have to disagree. I got the chance to play through the whole campaign a while back for two days and have put some time in the multiplayer since June.... I loved the first two, but honestly feel this one is behind Among Thieves. Not saying it's a crappy game, just saying perfect 10's seem a lil suspicious... but that's just my opinion.

Me and my roommate both went to the event and bought the premium pass. We were to have 2 games mailed to our address, but we only received one when fed ex came. I made sure the guy checked the truck and he said there was no other package. We both received confirmations, I emailed him I still have the cards they gave us to use to sign up so I sent them the number of the one we did not receive. I'll see what happens.

[quote name='eej1422']Me and my roommate both went to the event and bought the premium pass. We were to have 2 games mailed to our address, but we only received one when fed ex came. I made sure the guy checked the truck and he said there was no other package. We both received confirmations, I emailed him I still have the cards they gave us to use to sign up so I sent them the number of the one we did not receive. I'll see what happens.[/QUOTE]

They must have made a mistake. I was able to accept mine, my brother, and my friend's copy in my home address.

Got my copy today via fedex. Playing now. YES!!! But the multiplayer is only available on the 11/1/11, and they gouged up the barcode. WTF! Still got it early.

Update. I tried the online pass included, even though the sticker said multiplayer only 11/1/11 and it seems to be working. "Finding Players". HMMMMMM. Not sure it will actually let me play, but I am trying.

False alarm. Online Pass installed, but doesn't appear any active games. BOO HOOO. On to campaign, and to stop complaign ing.

Lame. If I'd known they were going to gouge out my game case, I would have just bought the copy in the store. I like to keep all my games in mint shape. Now I have to buy a replacement. Getting the game 4 days early is not that big deal to me considering my backlog.

I'm trying to sell my friends copy on eBay since he saw how much people are paying for it. I got a buyer willing to pay me 120 for it, but he wants to do local meet up. I'd do it, but for safety reasons I can't. It's just funny how some people are willing to pay more for a game coming out in a few days.

it crossed my mind to buy a copy on ebay once the games were in people's hands.... until I saw $120 listings. I'll gladly wait until monday and go to the midnight launch.

[quote name='Penguin1084']it crossed my mind to buy a copy on ebay once the games were in people's hands.... until I saw $120 listings. I'll gladly wait until monday and go to the midnight launch.[/QUOTE]

If you need a few extra games I'd say go for the Target B2G1 deal coming up.

received my game earlier today and that gash on the barcode is worse than the free red faction sent with darksiders upc code a while ago. Played a bit til chapter 5 and am happy so far.

[quote name='MidnightRider1']received my game earlier today and that gash on the barcode is worse than the free red faction sent with darksiders upc code a while ago. Played a bit til chapter 5 and am happy so far.[/QUOTE]

Don't really see the point in doing that too. Gamestop doesn't care about that, BB takes disk only games, eBay certainly doesn't care nor does Craiglist.

[quote name='ceve2001']If you need a few extra games I'd say go for the Target B2G1 deal coming up.[/QUOTE]

I considered doing this.

Not sure what else I'd buy though.... and then black friday is coming up. Decisions, decisions..

Just got my Collectors Edition, as far as I can tell it hasn't been opened yet. Right side of the box has some dings but mostly in good shape. I had it delivered to work so I'll have to wait untill I get off to open it and check out the contents...cant wait

[quote name='RedFoxCommando']Just got my Collectors Edition, as far as I can tell it hasn't been opened yet. Right side of the box has some dings but mostly in good shape. I had it delivered to work so I'll have to wait untill I get off to open it and check out the contents...cant wait[/QUOTE]

Keep us posted!

My collector's edition arrived today. It was not marked up or damaged like the standard edition was. It still really bothers me that the fucked up that liner art. Like I said before, it's something we paid for.

Ac4EK8XCEAAum9T.jpg

As you can see, I put everything in my display case. I'm going to have to tweak the layout of the items a bit, but you get the idea.

[quote name='WebScud']My collector's edition arrived today. It was not marked up or damaged like the standard edition was. It still really bothers me that the fucked up that liner art. Like I said before, it's something we paid for.

Ac4EK8XCEAAum9T.jpg

As you can see, I put everything in my display case. I'm going to have to tweak the layout of the items a bit, but you get the idea.[/QUOTE]
drake journal come with collector edition

[quote name='postnet92']drake journal come with collector edition[/QUOTE]

It came in the swag bag from the Uncharted event along with the cuff

bread's done
Back