Play Uncharted 3 at select AMC theatres (NY, LA, SF, DC, Dallas) and get early copy

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Update: The event is now over, I hope those that attended enjoyed themselves! If you haven't received a confirmation email, send your inquiries to: [email protected]

I wasn't sure if this is the right section but it's sort of a cool deal for those in the qualifying area. Naughty Dog has partnered with AMC theatres to have an event from Oct 18th - 20th where you can play Uncharted 3 in select theaters in 3D, and win prizes from Sony, and much more.

The general admission is $25 to participate, BUT if you pay the $60 instead for the Premium pass you'll also have a copy of UC3 mailed to you early (shipped via Fed Ex on Oct. 25th). To Clarify since some below were confused: You don't have to pay $85, the $60 premium entry also includes general admission.

Pretty cool if you were planning to buy the game anyway! Odds are you'll be walking out of there with plenty of free swag :cool:

To Buy tickets online just go through one of the theater links below, OR easier go directly to the UC3 Fandango Page (linked underneath this paragraph), enter your zip and choose the date you want. Some theaters don't have purchase links up yet (like Century City for ex) so you'll either have to wait till they do, or try and get them in person. There's also a $1.50 convenience charge if buying on Fandango, but thankfully no taxes:

Buy Tickets from Fandango HERE (not all theatres go through Fandango some go through movietickets.com so click the theater links below for those)

UPDATE: The thread has now been Wikified, below you'll find a list of all the theares and showtimes. Feel free to post which one you're attending to plan any meetups or whatever. Feel free to re-organize the list structure!

MKT_1401_Uncharted_header.jpg
Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception: PLAY IT FIRST IN 3D

On October 18, 19, 20, take part in a one-of-a-kind entertainment experience from PlayStation. UNCHARTED 3: Drake's Deception: PLAY IT FIRST IN 3D is happening exclusively at select AMC Theatres. This is your chance to play one of the most highly-anticipated video game releases of the year on the big screen and in 3D before it releases. These unique events include:

• An inside look at the game from the development team at Naughty Dog
  • A multiplayer tournament
  • In-theatre gaming shown on the big screen in 3D
  • PlayStation and Sony prize giveaways all night long
Get the game before it releases with the UNCHARTED 3 Premium Pass.*
Tickets are on sale now while supplies last, so get yours today!

• General Admission: $25
  • UNCHARTED 3 Premium Pass: $60
Participating Theatres:

* Pass includes (1) game copy and shipping. One (1) copy of UNCHARTED 3: Drake's Deception will be shipped to customer on 10/25/11 via FedEx. Customer will be required to register at the event and provide a valid residential shipping address. We are unable to ship to P.O. boxes, customer will be required to sign for package upon delivery.

SOURCE
Who's Attending

Feel free to drop your username at the event you're going to. Add any other communication info you want in parentheses​

San Francisco
18th:
19th: MunkichioO, Oddeye
20th:

Los Angeles
18th: SecretAgentHam
19th: Metalh123, jantzn
20th:

D.C.
18th: msriflegirl, DeskLaser, phogoodness, youngnoble
19th: ajumbaje, buckythekat
20th:

NYC
18th: Serpentor, Dannya25, Blehza, Quest1962, jiggyteddy
19th: iguss
20th: Dramasetter929, randy_wrecked, pete5883

Dallas
18th: aramsey1986
19th: mkernan
20th: TommyTSquared

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ssjmichael']It's $60 TOTAL to get the game AND participate in the event. Obviously shipped doesn't mean delivered, but odds are you are going to get it before the official release date through Fed Ex. Even by your estimates you would get it 3 days before the general public. And Besides that, if you planned to buy the game anyway, this is essentially like getting to go to a special event for free. And you know there's going to be a lot to do there, and swag given out.

I honestly don't see how anyone would consider this a bad offer. If you're getting the game cheaper through newegg, or with amazon/GS credit that's totally fine, but if you're paying full price and you're in the area it's a no-brainer, Plus as I said, I think if you bought a promo code on ebay you could get it for even less. Like someone right now is selling a $40 Fandango GC for $30. That's a $10 saving right there

edit; Love the 1 star rating btw whoever[/QUOTE]

hell yeah i am gonna pay 60 for this

i would take a 20 credit off but you are right there is gonna be swag so a few things for free beats the 20 credit

Just hope the even starts at 8:30 or so
i come out of work, take a shower and grab the PATH :D
If anything i will probably be late to the event :(

Ah fuck
it starts at 6:30 pm

fuck

anyone have any deals on fandango credit?

and they had free food at SF for the Uncharted 2 event 2 years ago, but I went on the VIP day. my ticket was free too.

I created a thread with a long, rambling post a couple of years ago when they first held this event for Uncharted 2. Long story short, it was a poorly organized, misleading event that served as a big screen, in-person commercial for U2. And for all that, you only had to pay $18 to attend.

To be fair, this time around it looks like they learned their lesson and you can at least be guaranteed a copy of U3 if you're willing to pay. Just don't expect much from the movie theater experience itself.

[quote name='Ugamer_X']I created a thread with a long, rambling post a couple of years ago when they first held this event for Uncharted 2. Long story short, it was a poorly organized, misleading event that served as a big screen, in-person commercial for U2. And for all that, you only had to pay $18 to attend.

To be fair, this time around it looks like they learned their lesson and you can at least be guaranteed a copy of U3 if you're willing to pay. Just don't expect much from the movie theater experience itself.[/QUOTE]

they didn't give you a copy of Uncharted 2?

[quote name='Wario64']they didn't give you a copy of Uncharted 2?[/QUOTE]
Not for the people that went on the second night, though, they never said they were going to. The problem had to do more with the lack of food/drink, awful tournament, general disorganization, and the fact that everyone paid $18 for a 2 hour long commercial for a game coming out a week later that everyone was going to buy anyway.

[quote name='theking20']:/ wtf Boston is a bigger and better place to have it then DC , smh

:([/QUOTE]You are forgetting one thing, they put it in DC because the Baltimore/DC Metro area (keep in mind those two cities are less than 1 hour apart) is the 4th largest Metro area in the United States. The gamer/anime/etc. population out here is MASSIVE. Our two areas together is larger than Boston. That is a big reason as to why it's here and not Boston.

[quote name='phogoodness']Time to clear out the schedule to go to the DC one, looking forward to this since I LOVE Uncharted.[/QUOTE]You can expect me to wear my Uncharted shirt + other PlayStation stuff on there.

[quote name='cheeky']Cool but gay that it ain't nationwide[/QUOTE]It's not possible to have it nationwide because they have to manually set it up at each one. PS Move promotion wasn't nationwide for the same reason.

[quote name='Ugamer_X']I created a thread with a long, rambling post a couple of years ago when they first held this event for Uncharted 2. Long story short, it was a poorly organized, misleading event that served as a big screen, in-person commercial for U2. And for all that, you only had to pay $18 to attend.

To be fair, this time around it looks like they learned their lesson and you can at least be guaranteed a copy of U3 if you're willing to pay. Just don't expect much from the movie theater experience itself.[/QUOTE]Jeff Rubenstein at SCEA proved you all wrong, if it's the event I remember correctly.

To be fair, this time around it looks like they learned their lesson and you can at least be guaranteed a copy of U3 if you're willing to pay. Just don't expect much from the movie theater experience itself.[/QUOTE]

lol i remember that post funny stuff but it sounds like this one will be that better organized. it has to be if theyre taking orders for the game there because it would really suck if they found a way to fuck those up.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']
Jeff Rubenstein at SCEA proved you all wrong, if it's the event I remember correctly.[/QUOTE]
It's not, don't talk to me.

No way I'll be able to make it to NY. I wish there was one in Philly. Sucks that you have to register at the event to get the game. I suppose this would be the only time you see something completely sold out and not a single person there though if you were able to just get the game from buying a ticket.

I was at the second night event in SF .. there was no food but they did give everyone a copy of uncharted 2 at the end of the event. It was being organized as the event took place and was a last minute choice by Sony and Naughty dog staff ... I feel bad for anyone who left early, because the official line was that we weren't getting a free copy. ;-)

[quote name='etcrane']I was at the second night event in SF .. there was no food but they did give everyone a copy of uncharted 2 at the end of the event. It was being organized as the event took place and was a last minute choice by Sony and Naughty dog staff ... I feel bad for anyone who left early, because the official line was that we weren't getting a free copy. ;-)[/QUOTE]

How long was the event? Is it about 2-3 hours long?

You're right. Wrong forum. It's regional. It's full retail price. It's just a bit early for the release.

Lets move this.

Yeah, it went on a long time ... at least 2 hours as I recall ... but I think it was even longer til the very end of the night. The tournament took a long time because there were quite a few teams and the matches were fairly long.

[quote name='ijustw1n']You're right. Wrong forum. It's regional. It's full retail price. It's just a bit early for the release.

Lets move this.[/QUOTE]

You realize regional normally means one part of the country. This is in 5 areas, I think it deserves to be in the main deals forum.

I wouldn't be surprised if they surprise everyone who bought the premium pass and ship them the Collector's Edition as thanks for supporting the event. :p

I'll shoot for one of the dates in Century City, for sure! I have a free AMC Stubs card which should waive the convenience charge and rack me up some major points, too!

It makes me really angry that the preferred Texas destination for events is fucking Dallas! Blasphemy! Houston is better in every aspect.

[quote name='etcrane']Yeah, it went on a long time ... at least 2 hours as I recall ... but I think it was even longer til the very end of the night. The tournament took a long time because there were quite a few teams and the matches were fairly long.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, guess I'm going to skip out on this event. =/ Tournament would be way too long especially when I have work the next day.

[quote name='0_0']It makes me really angry that the preferred Texas destination for events is fucking Dallas! Blasphemy! Houston is better in every aspect.[/QUOTE]What this good man said. Even Austin in my opinion would've been a better choice.

[quote name='etcrane']You realize regional normally means one part of the country. This is in 5 areas, I think it deserves to be in the main deals forum.[/QUOTE]

and they chose big cities too

[quote name='cRodz']How long is the damn event!?[/QUOTE]
The last one was about 2-3 hours. Can't say for sure on this one, but you should expect similar.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']If you go the 18th, you can meet-up with me, abhinav, GenDV138, and I. That's when we are all going.

Yes, I am meeting up at the 18th at Tysons Corner in McLean, VA (near DC).[/QUOTE]

Woohoo! Can't wait for this event! If you're going, I suggest going on the 18th. DC CAGs especially should come on the 18th, it will be a lot of fun to hang out at this event.

Kinda sucks that I had to cancel my collectors edition on Amazon but oh well, this thing sounds like too much fun.

[quote name='PimpLimp']What this good man said. Even Austin in my opinion would've been a better choice.[/QUOTE]

Houston is the armpit of Texas and Dallas is the 4th largest market in the US. Houston is a measly 6th!

As far as Austin is concerned, you gotta go with market size, not "we're cool because we have a big college and 6th street"

does anyone know if the century city tickets have gone on sale yet? Movietickets.com has the time listed but not the tickets for sale and fandango just has the event page. this is killing me. i really want to get in on this.

[quote name='etcrane']I was at the second night event in SF .. there was no food but they did give everyone a copy of uncharted 2 at the end of the event. It was being organized as the event took place and was a last minute choice by Sony and Naughty dog staff ... I feel bad for anyone who left early, because the official line was that we weren't getting a free copy. ;-)[/QUOTE]

Wow, what a downer. I went on the first day (the VIP event) and Amy Hennig personally told us like 5 minutes into the first gameplay demo that they will give everyone a copy, and everyone went nuts like chicks on an Oprah show. it hyped everyone up for the rest of the night

If you guys have a Discover Card, you can earn 10% cashback on Fandango purchases through Discover's shopping rewards site.

If you have Visa signature, you can get 20% off for every $25 in Fandango Bucks purchased. Use those Fandango Bucks towards this purchase.

[quote name='SecretAgentHam']does anyone know if the century city tickets have gone on sale yet? Movietickets.com has the time listed but not the tickets for sale and fandango just has the event page. this is killing me. i really want to get in on this.[/QUOTE]

I don't think they have. I called earlier this morning and they said they hadn't gotten the times finalized yet and I've been checking throughout the day since. I went to the UC2 one and had a good time, so I am really hoping to get on this once it opens up.

[quote name='shinobi2u']I don't think they have. I called earlier this morning and they said they hadn't gotten the times finalized yet and I've been checking throughout the day since. I went to the UC2 one and had a good time, so I am really hoping to get on this once it opens up.[/QUOTE]

The main page from AMC finally updated to reflect the dates. Still cannot purchase though. :cry:

i'm really looking forward to this event.

[quote name='FadeToOne']Houston is the armpit of Texas and Dallas is the 4th largest market in the US. Houston is a measly 6th!

As far as Austin is concerned, you gotta go with market size, not "we're cool because we have a big college and 6th street"[/QUOTE]

Word!

[quote name='FadeToOne']Houston is the armpit of Texas and Dallas is the 4th largest market in the US. Houston is a measly 6th!

As far as Austin is concerned, you gotta go with market size, not "we're cool because we have a big college and 6th street"[/QUOTE]I don't wanna get into an argument about which city is better, cause if you've lived in Texas all your life like I have, I'm sure you've been in plenty. But if Houston is the armpit of Texas, Dallas is it's even sweatier taint. I don't know about market size, but Houston is the bigger city. And the only reason I even mentioned Austin was cause of it's rapidly growing gaming community.

But bitching isn't going to do anything about it, I just have to figure out if I can somehow justify the drive up there. Hopefully the weather will be decent by then.

Of course, stuff like this NEVER happens in the Twin Cities. Gaming anything never happens. Only two times I have expeirinced something cool.

The Dew Den at the mall of America back around 2002 and this gaming tour that stopped by the University of Minnesota around 2006.

I remember when Sony / Naughty Dog did something similar to promote Uncharted 2. Back when Uncharted 2 was about to be released, they held a very similar sounding event at the local Embarcadero Cinemas in San Francisco.

IIRC, you were only allowed to participate in the event if you had gone to the theatres at a certain time, fell in line and "signed in" (literally) to get a bracelet to participate in the free tournament. (I ended up getting the "Team Sark" bracelet.)

The event lasted about 4 hours and there were free drinks and snacks to all those who attended.

My team lost in the tournament but every tournament participant got a free advance copy of Uncharted 2.

The other cool part was that I got to meet the wonderful Amy Hennig and have her sign my copy of the game.

[quote name='abhinav']Woohoo! Can't wait for this event! If you're going, I suggest going on the 18th. DC CAGs especially should come on the 18th, it will be a lot of fun to hang out at this event.

Kinda sucks that I had to cancel my collectors edition on Amazon but oh well, this thing sounds like too much fun.[/QUOTE]Yeah, I said that I'm going the 18th. Only thing I hate about that day is I expect some packages, but oh well, I'll pick them up Wednesday.

Shoot -- I was actually going to wait for the Uncharted 3 PS3 System bundle, and now I don't know what to do since I live 20 minutes away from the DC event.

So maybe I should just buy the 160 GB version for $250 and buy the game at the event. I don't really use my PS3 to download stuff anyways, so the extra 160 GB isn't all that important I guess.

Decisions, decisions -- ARGH!

[quote name='The Mana Knight']Yeah, I said that I'm going the 18th. Only thing I hate about that day is I expect some packages, but oh well, I'll pick them up Wednesday.[/QUOTE]

Well, if I decide to go, I'll be going to the 18th!

Last edited by a moderator:
Really wish they'd spread it around a bit more. Hitting the coasts and Texas isn't really a good enough coverage area.

[quote name='zanbeak']u basically get the game and 3-4 films being shown that day in the theater. THATS why its a good deal.

think like a C A G, not a _ _ _ .[/QUOTE]
...really? Are you going with this where I think you're going with this? smh

I would consider this (ny ftw !) And probibly meet up with some fellow ny cheapies but i might as well wait untill release day from amazon and use my batman and gears promo credit on it. Its what, 3 days apart from release day ? Plus amazon might give credit with it so this amc promotion isnt the best idea

Shoot -- I was actually going to wait for the Uncharted 3 PS3 System bundle, and now I don't know what to do since I live 20 minutes away from the DC event.

So maybe I should just buy the 160 GB version for $250 and buy the game at the event. I don't really use my PS3 to download stuff anyways, so the extra 160 GB isn't all that important I guess.

Decisions, decisions -- ARGH!

I am not sure that you can buy the game at the event. They will ship it to you on 10/25 a week before release date.

bread's done
Back