Play Uncharted 3 at select AMC theatres (NY, LA, SF, DC, Dallas) and get early copy

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Update: The event is now over, I hope those that attended enjoyed themselves! If you haven't received a confirmation email, send your inquiries to: [email protected]

I wasn't sure if this is the right section but it's sort of a cool deal for those in the qualifying area. Naughty Dog has partnered with AMC theatres to have an event from Oct 18th - 20th where you can play Uncharted 3 in select theaters in 3D, and win prizes from Sony, and much more.

The general admission is $25 to participate, BUT if you pay the $60 instead for the Premium pass you'll also have a copy of UC3 mailed to you early (shipped via Fed Ex on Oct. 25th). To Clarify since some below were confused: You don't have to pay $85, the $60 premium entry also includes general admission.

Pretty cool if you were planning to buy the game anyway! Odds are you'll be walking out of there with plenty of free swag :cool:

To Buy tickets online just go through one of the theater links below, OR easier go directly to the UC3 Fandango Page (linked underneath this paragraph), enter your zip and choose the date you want. Some theaters don't have purchase links up yet (like Century City for ex) so you'll either have to wait till they do, or try and get them in person. There's also a $1.50 convenience charge if buying on Fandango, but thankfully no taxes:

Buy Tickets from Fandango HERE (not all theatres go through Fandango some go through movietickets.com so click the theater links below for those)

UPDATE: The thread has now been Wikified, below you'll find a list of all the theares and showtimes. Feel free to post which one you're attending to plan any meetups or whatever. Feel free to re-organize the list structure!

MKT_1401_Uncharted_header.jpg
Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception: PLAY IT FIRST IN 3D

On October 18, 19, 20, take part in a one-of-a-kind entertainment experience from PlayStation. UNCHARTED 3: Drake's Deception: PLAY IT FIRST IN 3D is happening exclusively at select AMC Theatres. This is your chance to play one of the most highly-anticipated video game releases of the year on the big screen and in 3D before it releases. These unique events include:

• An inside look at the game from the development team at Naughty Dog
  • A multiplayer tournament
  • In-theatre gaming shown on the big screen in 3D
  • PlayStation and Sony prize giveaways all night long
Get the game before it releases with the UNCHARTED 3 Premium Pass.*
Tickets are on sale now while supplies last, so get yours today!

• General Admission: $25
  • UNCHARTED 3 Premium Pass: $60
Participating Theatres:

* Pass includes (1) game copy and shipping. One (1) copy of UNCHARTED 3: Drake's Deception will be shipped to customer on 10/25/11 via FedEx. Customer will be required to register at the event and provide a valid residential shipping address. We are unable to ship to P.O. boxes, customer will be required to sign for package upon delivery.

SOURCE
Who's Attending

Feel free to drop your username at the event you're going to. Add any other communication info you want in parentheses​

San Francisco
18th:
19th: MunkichioO, Oddeye
20th:

Los Angeles
18th: SecretAgentHam
19th: Metalh123, jantzn
20th:

D.C.
18th: msriflegirl, DeskLaser, phogoodness, youngnoble
19th: ajumbaje, buckythekat
20th:

NYC
18th: Serpentor, Dannya25, Blehza, Quest1962, jiggyteddy
19th: iguss
20th: Dramasetter929, randy_wrecked, pete5883

Dallas
18th: aramsey1986
19th: mkernan
20th: TommyTSquared

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='strait edge follower']I would consider this (ny ftw !) And probibly meet up with some fellow ny cheapies but i might as well wait untill release day from amazon and use my batman and gears promo credit on it. Its what, 3 days apart from release day ? Plus amazon might give credit with it so this amc promotion isnt the best idea[/QUOTE]

True but the experience might be worth it as well. Technically, they will be mailing it 10/25 so it is a week before the release date. By the time we receive the game, it will probably be 10/27. So far Amazon has no monetary credit for pre-ordering unfortunately. Also, they will be giving away prizes from what I read.

I'll wager money that your "early copy" will come after my Amazon preorder. Unless I'm mistaken and I missed the part where they actually hand out the game at the event.

[quote name='The Fine Print']

Pass includes (1) game copy and shipping. One (1) copy of UNCHARTED 3: Drake's Deception will be shipped to customer on 10/25/11 via FedEx. Customer will be required to register at the event and provide a valid residential shipping address. We are unable to ship to P.O. boxes, customer will be required to sign for package upon delivery.

[/quote]

[quote name='b3b0p']I'll wager money that your "early copy" will come after my Amazon preorder for anyone that goes and tries to get an early copy.[/QUOTE]

I would take that bet actually :D Fed ex is very reliable at least in my experience; however, you may be right because who knows if they will actually ship on 10/25 but if they do...without question will be street date by at least 4-5 days

[quote name='thanossurfer']I would take that bet actually :D Fed ex is very reliable at least in my experience; however, you may be right because who knows if they will actually ship on 10/25 but if they do...without question will be street date by at least 4-5 days[/QUOTE]

Only if they ship it overnight for most people. Otherwise, I would expect typical FedEx home delivery. If they shipped out on Tuesday, 10/25 there is high probability you won't receive it until Monday, 10/31 at best.

[quote name='b3b0p']Only if they ship it overnight for most people. Otherwise, I would expect typical FedEx home delivery. If they shipped out on Tuesday, 10/25 there is high probability you won't receive it until Monday, 10/31 at best.[/QUOTE]

We will see :D I will keep you updated because I will most likely go...

[quote name='PimpLimp']I don't wanna get into an argument about which city is better, cause if you've lived in Texas all your life like I have, I'm sure you've been in plenty. But if Houston is the armpit of Texas, Dallas is it's even sweatier taint. I don't know about market size, but Houston is the bigger city. And the only reason I even mentioned Austin was cause of it's rapidly growing gaming community.

But bitching isn't going to do anything about it, I just have to figure out if I can somehow justify the drive up there. Hopefully the weather will be decent by then.[/QUOTE]

See, Houston *is* a bigger city than Dallas, and so is San Antonio, but you have to realize there are about 5 million people in DFW that don't live in Dallas. Hell, there are something like 10 suburbs that have over 100k people. There are over 3x as many people in DFW as Austin, so while they may have a "rapidly growing gaming community" you can bet your ass the community is already bigger here.

Also, not sure how Dallas could be the sweatier taint. As far as I've ever been aware, Houston is much, much, much more humid :lol:

Nice! I didn't know they did this, thanks for posting man! Gonna pick up tickets for me and the woman, and then we both get copies of the game AND a fun night out on the cheap!

[quote name='FadeToOne']See, Houston *is* a bigger city than Dallas, and so is San Antonio, but you have to realize there are about 5 million people in DFW that don't live in Dallas. Hell, there are something like 10 suburbs that have over 100k people. There are over 3x as many people in DFW as Austin, so while they may have a "rapidly growing gaming community" you can bet your ass the community is already bigger here.

Also, not sure how Dallas could be the sweatier taint. As far as I've ever been aware, Houston is much, much, much more humid :lol:[/QUOTE]

To add to this Dallas has been in the spotlight fr a little while now and i think sony may be trying to continue to that. This city had thee world series, superbowl, and nba finals (which we won) all within a year. Dallas definitely has the attention right now.

I'm trying to organize a tweetup, so why not ask fellow CAGs as well?

I will probably start a thread in regional section.

Anyone interested can PM me here or hit me @jiggyteddy on twitter.

I'm going to make the OP a Wiki in case anyone wants to use it to list what event they're going to, plan meetups and such

That wiki is a good idea.

I am up for 18th of October on NYC and meeting up but i may come in late.
6:30 the even starts and i can arrive to the theather at 8:20 or so.

i am debating whether to even bother going and getting the 25 dollar ticket.
fuck

the Century City tickets went on sale, and there arent many seats left already! ND is based out of So Cal if i remember correctly so i'm sure they're going to be many in attendance. buy ur tickets now if u want to attend!

Does it really start at 5? I have a friend that wants to go, but wouldn't be able to get there until like 7pm... I wonder how this is handled.

Not sure if it was mentioned but you can apply Fandango coupon codes like the ones that Google Offers was selling ($4 Fandango code). It knocks off $13.

[quote name='SecretAgentHam']the Century City tickets went on sale, and there arent many seats left already! ND is based out of So Cal if i remember correctly so i'm sure they're going to be many in attendance. buy ur tickets now if u want to attend![/QUOTE]

Yup, in for one premium on the 18th and yeah, Naughty Dog is in Santa Monica, so they are literally right there near the theater.

[quote name='Kendro']Not sure if it was mentioned but you can apply Fandango coupon codes like the ones that Google Offers was selling ($4 Fandango code). It knocks off $13.[/QUOTE]

You can also use the Sprint Ticket Takedown codes on AMC's site (they use MovieTickets.com's interface) to take $14.50 off. You can use more than one per ticket, too. I just bought 4 tickets for 10/19 and my $240 bill dropped to $80.50 after $159.50 in promo codes (11 codes cost me $44). OOP the tickets cost me $31.125 each.

HELL YES! I used my AMC Stubs card (which I got for free) to waive the $3 transaction fee for 3 tickets for the LA event on the 20th, and the $180 in tickets got me $20 in AMC rewards, on top of the waived transaction fee. Sure, I had to pony up the money for all of us ahead of time (they won't be paying me for the tickets until the 20th), but the perks were well worth it!

I wanted to go on the 18th, but my friend is coming up from San Diego for it, and he's also coming up for the Zelda concert on the 21st, so I figured it would make more sense for him to make one single trip on the 20th, and just stay through the weekend.

Secured the middle center seats for the 20th; hopefully they won't run out of all the free swag and prizes by then! :p

UC3 and Zelda Symphony back to back? Going to be a great weekend for gaming! ^_^

[quote name='SpartenOmega117']To add to this Dallas has been in the spotlight fr a little while now and i think sony may be trying to continue to that. This city had thee world series, superbowl, and nba finals (which we won) all within a year. Dallas definitely has the attention right now.[/QUOTE]Forgot to take all that into consideration. And you're probably right, Dallas has had a lot of media attention this past year and it makes more sense now.

But I'm in for a ticket. At worst if I can't get up there, I'll have a friend in the area go and at least claim my copy of Uncharted for me.

Wow.. this is actually pretty cool. I'm really close to the Dallas one. Only problem is, the start time is listed at 5pm. I know I won't be able to get there that early due to work. Anyone know if you can show up 30 mins late to these things? I really just want to get my copy early and check out what they have going on, but don't need to be there the whole time.

[quote name='jantzn']You can also use the Sprint Ticket Takedown codes on AMC's site (they use MovieTickets.com's interface) to take $14.50 off. You can use more than one per ticket, too. I just bought 4 tickets for 10/19 and my $240 bill dropped to $80.50 after $159.50 in promo codes (11 codes cost me $44). OOP the tickets cost me $31.125 each.[/QUOTE]

Great deal! I can not find this on AMC's site though...can you direct me thanks.

[quote name='thanossurfer']Great deal! I can not find this on AMC's site though...can you direct me thanks.[/QUOTE]
same here if you could give us a link you will be my hero!!

[quote name='thanossurfer']Great deal! I can not find this on AMC's site though...can you direct me thanks.[/QUOTE]

In the OP, click on the theater you want to attend, change the day to the day you want to go (ex: Oct 19), click the time listed next to "Purchase Tickets" and go through it like normal.

If you're asking where to get the promo codes, they were sold about 2-3 weeks ago via a pomotion page.

and just like with sports officials, chicago isnt recognized as being a major market.

Philadelphia Phillies
Green Bay Packers
Miami Heat
New York Yankees
Los Angelas Lakers
Dallas Cowboys
Detroit Redwings
Boston Red Sox
New York Giants
New York Knicks
Boston Celtics
The Tea Party

all take precedence over the bulls, cubs, white sox, blackhawks, bears, and democrats when it comes to unfair things happening in their favor

[quote name='Drclaw411']and just like with sports officials, chicago isnt recognized as being a major market.

Philadelphia Phillies
Green Bay Packers
Miami Heat
New York Yankees
Los Angelas Lakers
Dallas Cowboys
Detroit Redwings
Boston Red Sox
New York Giants
New York Knicks
Boston Celtics
The Tea Party

all take precedence over the bulls, cubs, white sox, blackhawks, bears, and democrats when it comes to unfair things happening in their favor[/QUOTE]

Then I should be crying because NY out of all places doesn't even have a Microsoft store in the tri -state area but I'm not so boo-hoo.

Wow! Tickets for LA weren't even on sale at noon at all. Now they are almost sold out all 3 days, but I still got a decent seat for Thursday.

[quote name='hxcmusic']Wow! Tickets for LA weren't even on sale at noon at all. Now they are almost sold out all 3 days, but I still got a decent seat for Thursday.[/QUOTE]

Tickets for Thursday in LA are only about 10% sold out so far. :p The back 10 or so rows aren't being sold, likely because they are trying to keep people as close to the screen as possible.

Still some seats left for the 19th, anyone going that's want to form a team for the tournament? I went to the UC2 one and got the team of R -tards I was stuck with past the first round.... then I watched them aim at the sky and run in circles for 5 minutes...:cry:

I really want to go to the one in NYC, but I'd probably have to go alone since I don't have many PS3-based friends AND spend $26 in train tickets.

decisions decisions...

Is the amc century city down right now ? I'm on my cell and just signed up for a stubbz card just for this event ....did I miss out already !?!?!?

holy crap!

i thought i just bought two tickets from the sprint ticket takeover...but I bought 4!

i applied all those codes to the $60 ticket, and paid a total of $2 bucks!

the math:

$60 - $58 (4x$14.50) = $2 + $16 (4x$4.00) = $18 for uncharted 3!

that's sounds about right :)

and those Sprint ticket codes were going to expire on 10/15 anyways, and I have plenty of amc gold tickets for my movie needs.

i wanna go, the dc/tysons corner is the closest to me. that would be a 90 minute drive for me on a normal day. considering i would hit the northern va traffic that may add another 2 hours. then tysons corner is a madhouse anyway.....naaaa. i will pass.

[quote name='tigstah']i wanna go, the dc/tysons corner is the closest to me. that would be a 90 minute drive for me on a normal day. considering i would hit the northern va traffic that may add another 2 hours. then tysons corner is a madhouse anyway.....naaaa. i will pass.[/QUOTE]

Quit lying tigstah...it'll add at least 3 hours haha. I am going to that one, but luckily I only live about 20 mins away.

[quote name='tigstah']i wanna go, the dc/tysons corner is the closest to me. that would be a 90 minute drive for me on a normal day. considering i would hit the northern va traffic that may add another 2 hours. then tysons corner is a madhouse anyway.....naaaa. i will pass.[/QUOTE]

In for the DC show

Just gotta check with the wife before I decide the date! Pumped!

[quote name='enemyofusall']Quit lying tigstah...it'll add at least 3 hours haha. I am going to that one, but luckily I only live about 20 mins away.[/QUOTE]

you are right....i am in richmond.....so its not worth it to me to make that long drive

[quote name='Kitoro']Tickets for Thursday in LA are only about 10% sold out so far. :p The back 10 or so rows aren't being sold, likely because they are trying to keep people as close to the screen as possible.[/QUOTE]

How do you guys reserve seats?

I bought tickets for the NYC show, but the website never prompted me to reserve seats.

[quote name='ItsAMeAMario']How do you guys reserve seats?

I bought tickets for the NYC show, but the website never prompted me to reserve seats.[/QUOTE]

I know some of the AMC theaters that have the fork & screen/cinemasuites have reserved seating (never tried at the same theater for regular screens), so it maybe something related to that. The Dallas Northpark tickets are not reserved seating.

[quote name='ItsAMeAMario']How do you guys reserve seats?

I bought tickets for the NYC show, but the website never prompted me to reserve seats.[/QUOTE]

Doesn't seem to be reserved seating for the NY showing. Guess that means you have to make sure you get there early if you want your choice of seat.

[quote name='ItsAMeAMario']Thanks for the responses!
I think the NYC shows are all sold out.
Guess I'm gonna have to get there a little early then.[/QUOTE]

The 18th appears to be sold out, but tickets are still available for the 19th and 20th

bread's done
Back