PlayStation 4 - General Discussion Thread

No Online checks, used games are a go, PS+ carries over to PS4.

Uh oh does online multiplayer require PS+? Personally dont care since I'm a subscriber but some people may not like that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounded like Netflix Hulu etc will be fine but online multiplayer will require plus. All the free stuff off sets this anyway so that's completely fine with me and them saying less than $5 a month means it"ll sit at $50 might go load up at BB with the $40 cards this week.

Denzel-Washington-Boom-Gif.gif

Multiplayer needs Plus, though, right? Did I hear that right?
Free online play will remain the same.
Sure about that? From that slide it looked like online multiplayer would require PS+?

Glad I'm already a member through 2017. Free Drive Club too. Nice.
Yeah it wasn't clear, but it sounded like he implied no sub was needed for off-line/single player only.

I wonder if PS+ is required for online play and online is behind a pay wall, then the online passes will be a thing of the past for PS4 (something I never thought made sense with XBL Gold and online passes).

Paid multiplayer. They've taken the old system that MS had with gold. If that's it then that's nothing. Most of us are used to paying anyway.
Yeah Im not too uupset.theybwere smart to slide it in right under the good news. But who wouldntbwant plus anyway at thia point. All the ps4 goodies right off the bat...

Eh, I ain't even mad about + being required for online. I have been subscribed since the PSN outage, wasnt planning to stop unless the program was discontinued for PS4.

It really is an great deal, especially for people that were already long time members. If anything I might stock up on some months/years before release, incase the price goes up later

Much better than Xbone, I can live with pay to play multiplayer especially if the apps stay free to use. But plus is a really good deal so I don't think I would have a problem paying for it. The problem is I still have too many unfinished games to justify this console. The PS4 will likely have JRPG's eventually which is what I really want to play.

Paid multiplayer. They've taken the old system that MS had with gold. If that's it then that's nothing. Most of us are used to paying anyway.
Yeah Im not too uupset.theybwere smart to slide it in right under the good news. But who wouldntbwant plus anyway at thia point. All the ps4 goodies right off the bat...
Don't get me wrong, I don't WANT to pay but I'm used to paying because I mostly used my 360. I'm obviously switching to PS4. It would have been nice to not pay.

bread's done
Back